#1 Reservoir

Reservoir

Owner

• Emperor
  • 561 posts
  • Wrong choice.

User's Awards

Posted 07 September 2010 - 10:30 PM

Soo.... I just got a PSP today, and I'm completely lost as to what all to do with it. Of course, I don't want to mess it up. >_<; As a result, I am making this thread. I suppose feel free to make it a general PSP help thread in case any other users are in the same boat or just need help? I don't mind at all. :]

One of my current issues is getting around well on the internet and getting things to work. How do I play YouTube videos, for example..? Are there certain plugins that I should download that are typically of common use?
Does anyone have the Trend Micro for PSP? (This is kind of a curious question, though I wonder how it is... I don't want to get it until I can print out are read the Liscence Agreement in case there's something that I don't like. I don't need them recording what all I'm doing on my system. -_-")

Bleh, I've more to ask, but I'll ask more after some of those first things are answered. I'm also quite open to just... not-so-common-knowledge info, tricks, and other things that might prove interesting or useful so that I can get both the basics and the most out of my system.

Be a bit detailed, if you don't mind. I'm not knowledgable on PSP's at all. This is only my second time being on one, if I recall right... The first time was only minutes of use. Anything I know is just a bit of what the books have said or what first-time use has required of me. :x

Thank you. :3

Posted Image

#2 Epic

Epic

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,196 posts
  • I'M BACK BITCHES

Posted 07 September 2010 - 10:32 PM

Well, as for Youtube videos, you cannot play them on the PSP.

hitchens-1949-2011-by-Gasper-Tringale.jp

“Take the risk of thinking for yourself. Much more happiness, truth, beauty, and wisdom will come to you that way. I promise."

- Christopher Hitchens

#3 Lexaeus

Lexaeus

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,713 posts
  • Naturally Hated by All

Posted 07 September 2010 - 10:52 PM

I'm an expert in this field. Specific questions make my job easier.

Unfortunately, like every other browser on a game console/handheld (minus ps3 and maybe xbawx 360) it don't work so well. They all worked well when they first came out, but they never update. PSP browser came out like 4+ years ago, it no good so much. Youtube no work on official firmware. THERE IS A WAY~ but im not telling because you probably dont want to do it.

Here's what I use my psp for...

1) Games
2) Music

I doesn't go further than that for me really. Video, pictures, etc, it all has support. I just don't use it.

To play my games and music I need...

1) PSP
2) Computers
3) Games
4) USB cable

Don't forget to mess around with the settings so you can pick with you like more.

#4 Reservoir

Reservoir

Owner

• Emperor
  • 561 posts
  • Wrong choice.

User's Awards

Posted 07 September 2010 - 11:13 PM

I'm an expert in this field. Specific questions make my job easier.

Unfortunately, like every other browser on a game console/handheld (minus ps3 and maybe xbawx 360) it don't work so well. They all worked well when they first came out, but they never update. PSP browser came out like 4+ years ago, it no good so much. Youtube no work on official firmware. THERE IS A WAY~ but im not telling because you probably dont want to do it..

^Main focus right now. First off, SWEET. It'll be nice to have some really experience PSP users replying for even more help. (DON'T get me wrong, I appreciate all help and replies. ;)) But yeah.. Secondly, so it ISN'T normally possible, then... Why not..? T_T (By the way, the internet doesn't seem HORRID by far, at least... Though it may be it seems so great after having to deal with the DSi's browser--well... internet in general. AHHHH speaking of which, PSP's can be modded, I do know that. But I don't know what all is possible. I think some YouTube videos have shown PSP owners having specific browsers and even a sort of desktop on theirs..? Like making it into another--just smaller and more compact--PC. I'm wondering on those sort of things.. But BLATHER. Back to YouTube... I would like to at least know. ._. In case I decide to do so or might want to.... or just feel that I'm capable of doing so as well as modding things without breaking the system... >___>

*wonders if having Trend Micro while doing modding things would conflict at all*

XP

Posted Image

#5 Lexaeus

Lexaeus

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,713 posts
  • Naturally Hated by All

Posted 07 September 2010 - 11:19 PM

PSP usually doesn't need modding, ever. All hacks are through software. However, depending on your model, this may not work. I think you have a 3000 so things get iffy based on your motherboard and some other things. Dion is all over this as well. Anyway, personally, because you have a psp-3000, i would not recommend hacking it. Some people don't really know what they're doing and they try and they brick (as in always black screen, no life, no work, no hope) their psp. There might be a "soft hack" where you dont have to do as much work and its safer and the effects dont last and you might get to watch youtube. I can put you in the right direction once I have some time during the weekend if you find yourself really interested.

Sorry about bad grammar.

#6 Reservoir

Reservoir

Owner

• Emperor
  • 561 posts
  • Wrong choice.

User's Awards

Posted 07 September 2010 - 11:28 PM

PSP usually doesn't need modding, ever. All hacks are through software. However, depending on your model, this may not work. I think you have a 3000 so things get iffy based on your motherboard and some other things. Dion is all over this as well. Anyway, personally, because you have a psp-3000, i would not recommend hacking it. Some people don't really know what they're doing and they try and they brick (as in always black screen, no life, no work, no hope) their psp. There might be a "soft hack" where you dont have to do as much work and its safer and the effects dont last and you might get to watch youtube. I can put you in the right direction once I have some time during the weekend if you find yourself really interested.

Sorry about bad grammar.

I thought the term was modding in general. It's what I hear the most, sorry. :X I have heard the term hack, too, though. I just wasn't thinking of it. And yes, I did get a PSP-3000, courtesy of the bundle pack that I bought. I'm usually not bad with learning or understanding things, but I probably wouldn't rush on hacking my PSP, more so if the 3000 is iffy with these things. (Btw, I lol'd where you spoke of the term "brick." ) Eck.. Also, "the effects don't last"? *wonders what all that means*

Bleh, regardless, if, when you do have free time, you don't mind posting the information for the YouTube hack regardless of me not doing it immediately, I'd really appreciate it. Besides, I have to learn something at some point. I'll never be able to learn anything at all otherwise. XP
I'd really like a nice starting point for learning these things...
*also wonders how people come about these sort of things/info...*

Posted Image

#7 Xanius

Xanius

The Omega

• Emperor
  • 3,525 posts
  • Awakening

User's Awards

Posted 08 September 2010 - 03:04 AM

I'll.. hi-jack the thread for a second..

So... I'm currently looking into how to actually play PS1 games on the PSP. I've seen Final Fantasy being played on it.. but it wasn't the PSP game, it was the original. Not sure how they did it exactly or so. I'd love to be able to take a good few of the games that I have on the road with me at times but not sure on how to actually go about doing this.

Omega_Xanius.png

17ddgi.png

#8 The Dream

The Dream

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,967 posts
  • ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Posted 08 September 2010 - 05:55 PM

So... I'm currently looking into how to actually play PS1 games on the PSP. I've seen Final Fantasy being played on it.. but it wasn't the PSP game, it was the original. Not sure how they did it exactly or so. I'd love to be able to take a good few of the games that I have on the road with me at times but not sure on how to actually go about doing this.

Waddaya mean? Like the original game form the CD being played on it?

I thought the only way to play the original was to download it from psp store if they had it. Otherwise I think the other ways would either be illegal or plain complicated.

Downlaoding it form PSP store is the only way I know to get the original.

TheDreamEX.png

tumblr_n6lpksz2V81sfgfh0o1_500.gif

Gif not by me

A little one

#9 Valor

Valor

Valorous

• Monarch
  • 3,874 posts
  • This is My Design

User's Awards

Posted 08 September 2010 - 06:15 PM

You can purchase it from the Playstation Network for like 10-20 bucks. I forget which. I think 9.99. You need to connect it to the PSN which requires wireless iirc. Also you'll need something that can hold all gig un heif of it. They current have ff7, 8, and 9 on the PSN.

147.png

#10 The Dream

The Dream

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,967 posts
  • ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Posted 08 September 2010 - 06:41 PM

You can purchase it from the Playstation Network for like 10-20 bucks. I forget which. I think 9.99. You need to connect it to the PSN which requires wireless iirc. Also you'll need something that can hold all gig un heif of it. They current have ff7, 8, and 9 on the PSN.

Just littl thing to add to it. You can also just dowload media go and get the game from there by connecting the psp to you computer with a usb. It's a little longer but then you don't have to worry too much about wi fi and taking a long time to find the game you want on you psp.

TheDreamEX.png

tumblr_n6lpksz2V81sfgfh0o1_500.gif

Gif not by me

A little one

#11 Dion

Dion

Knight

• Knight
  • 2,565 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 12:24 PM

You can buy the game from PSN or you can convert your own CDs to EBOOTs and put them on your UMD, which is frankly better, since that way the game runs smoother. But you need Custom Firmware, so I don't know if you're into that. I can post a tutorial on getting Custom Firmware, if you're interested. But you probably have the 3000, and I don't have experience with that so ehh. :/ With custom firmware, you don't even have to carry around your UMDs. Just put them on your memory card. Pretty cool.

...V HAS COME TO...

dQqhfU.gif

ngoahxS.jpg

#12 Xanius

Xanius

The Omega

• Emperor
  • 3,525 posts
  • Awakening

User's Awards

Posted 17 September 2010 - 02:17 PM

You can buy the game from PSN or you can convert your own CDs to EBOOTs and put them on your UMD, which is frankly better, since that way the game runs smoother. But you need Custom Firmware, so I don't know if you're into that. I can post a tutorial on getting Custom Firmware, if you're interested. But you probably have the 3000, and I don't have experience with that so ehh. :/ With custom firmware, you don't even have to carry around your UMDs. Just put them on your memory card. Pretty cool.

Yea, I've been interested in the EBOOTs honestly. Since I think it'd find that to be the easiest of all the choices honestly. I just dont know a thing about Custom Firmware at all or even where to begin.

Omega_Xanius.png

17ddgi.png

#13 Reservoir

Reservoir

Owner

• Emperor
  • 561 posts
  • Wrong choice.

User's Awards

Posted 22 September 2010 - 07:06 PM

We both have PSP 3000's, true enough. However, I'd still like and greatly appreciate more details and the tutorial if you don't mind posting one. :)

Also, do you know how to put themes onto a PSP? I figure you probably do.... Would you mind instructing me on this as well? I'd REALLY like to put the BBS themes on my PSP and use them. X)

:X I can't remember what else I was to ask... Ah, well. I'll ask it later/whenever it comes to mind.
*sits now and waits and hopes for a hopefully quick reply on themes* :3

Posted Image

#14 Dion

Dion

Knight

• Knight
  • 2,565 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 07:11 PM

We both have PSP 3000's, true enough. However, I'd still like and greatly appreciate more details and the tutorial if you don't mind posting one. :)

Also, do you know how to put themes onto a PSP? I figure you probably do.... Would you mind instructing me on this as well? I'd REALLY like to put the BBS themes on my PSP and use them. X)

:X I can't remember what else I was to ask... Ah, well. I'll ask it later/whenever it comes to mind.
*sits now and waits and hopes for a hopefully quick reply on themes* :3

I'll have a link to the tutorials up in a bit. BUT MEANWHILE.

HERE'S DION'S SUPER SHORT THEME TUTORIAL.

1)Download your theme
2)Connect your PSP to your computer
3)Open up your Memory Card on windows explorer
4)Go to PSP>Themes
5)Paste your (ptf, I think) file there.
6)Disconnect > Settings > Theme Settings > Apply Theme. (It should have a crown symbol, if you're using the cool one with the unversed pattern on the background)

AND YOU'RE DONE.

Stay tuned for another episode of "DION'S SUPER SHORT TUTORIALS."

Dion inc. All rights reserved.

Rip and you die.

...V HAS COME TO...

dQqhfU.gif

ngoahxS.jpg

#15 Secret Igshar

Secret Igshar

Pwner of Noobs

• Monarch
  • 3,796 posts
  • your worst nightmare

User's Awards

Posted 22 September 2010 - 07:14 PM

1)Download your theme
AND YOU'RE DONE.

I made it shorter for you. The PSP has its own web browser. I haven't tried to do this yet, but I'd assume you would be able to directly download a theme to the PSP itself from the internet. Alternatively, they might have them up in the PSN store... That's where I got my free Dissidia one. <3

a5g7ld.gif

Kingroy: ( 4:40 PM - 02/10/14) u can't own black people

Kingroy: ( 4:40 PM - 02/10/14) #ThanksLincoln

#16 Dion

Dion

Knight

• Knight
  • 2,565 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 07:15 PM

I made it shorter for you. The PSP has its own web browser. I haven't tried to do this yet, but I'd assume you would be able to directly download a theme to the PSP itself from the internet. Alternatively, they might have them up in the PSN store... That's where I got my free Dissidia one. <3

LIES.

You can't open the BBS site from your PSP since it doesn't support flash. Plus, PSN is only available if you have WiFi. I took everything into consideration.

...V HAS COME TO...

dQqhfU.gif

ngoahxS.jpg

#17 Secret Igshar

Secret Igshar

Pwner of Noobs

• Monarch
  • 3,796 posts
  • your worst nightmare

User's Awards

Posted 22 September 2010 - 07:17 PM

LIES.

You can't open the BBS site from your PSP since it doesn't support flash. Plus, PSN is only available if you have WiFi. I took everything into consideration.

Could still download onto your compu and then upload to sendspace and download on your PSP directly, no? >_> Just saying, since I don't have my connector cables for PSP->compu with me. HA BET YOU DIDN'T EXPECT THAT TWIST.

a5g7ld.gif

#18 Dion

Dion

Knight

• Knight
  • 2,565 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 07:18 PM

Could still download onto your compu and then upload to sendspace and download on your PSP directly, no? >_> Just saying, since I don't have my connector cables for PSP->compu with me. HA BET YOU DIDN'T EXPECT THAT TWIST.

That's just dumb, frankly. It's more tedious and takes a lot more time.

And you don't have a USB wire....? THIS IS THE 21ST CENTURY.

...V HAS COME TO...

dQqhfU.gif

ngoahxS.jpg

#19 Secret Igshar

Secret Igshar

Pwner of Noobs

• Monarch
  • 3,796 posts
  • your worst nightmare

User's Awards

Posted 22 September 2010 - 07:20 PM

That's just dumb, frankly. It's more tedious and takes a lot more time.

And you don't have a USB wire....? THIS IS THE 21ST CENTURY.

You don't have wifi...? THIS IS THE 21ST CENTURY.

And no, I don't. >_> I'm at college. I didn't bring my entire supply of technical cables with me. That would just be silly... Plus, never had one since I never needed one. Now I do, so I might go out and pick one up next time I'm home. Anyway, the question still stands. Would that work or not? <_< I don't want to set it up, hoof it to the Campus Center and then find that it doesn't work...

a5g7ld.gif

#20 Dion

Dion

Knight

• Knight
  • 2,565 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 07:22 PM

You don't have wifi...? THIS IS THE 21ST CENTURY.

And no, I don't. >_> I'm at college. I didn't bring my entire supply of technical cables with me. That would just be silly... Plus, never had one since I never needed one. Now I do, so I might go out and pick one up next time I'm home. Anyway, the question still stands. Would that work or not? <_< I don't want to set it up, hoof it to the Campus Center and then find that it doesn't work...

I have wifi, but I also have a USB. ;D

But I'll check just for you. <3

Gonna use Mediafire. I'll post the link incase you want it.

...V HAS COME TO...

dQqhfU.gif

ngoahxS.jpg