Photo
- - - - -

Semi-Official Birth By Sleep Spoiler Thread (There are Spoilers here)

• Please log in to reply
90 replies to this topic

#41 Valor

Valor

Valorous

• Monarch
  • 3,874 posts
  • This is My Design

User's Awards

Posted 15 September 2010 - 07:42 PM

The last fight for Terra took me an hour and a half. I consider myself pretty good at the game too (it's kind of hard to be bad at me, but you know what I mean) and he still kicked the crap out of me over and over until I learned his moves. I can't believe people who say "oh, this was so easy, why did people struggle, lol?" I mean it's not like he's that Halloween Town boss heartless from Days that people struggled against who was deceptively simple. It's a legitimate challenge.

147.png

#42 Sodomize-it Soro

Sodomize-it Soro

Squire

• Squire
  • 714 posts
  • Keeper of Butts

User's Awards

Posted 15 September 2010 - 07:58 PM

For last Terra fight...

Spoiler

#43 Xylox

Xylox

Page

• Page
  • 118 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 09:16 PM

Terra's last boss
Spoiler

#44 Xanius

Xanius

The Omega

• Emperor
  • 3,525 posts
  • Awakening

User's Awards

Posted 17 September 2010 - 02:14 PM

Terra's story/gameplay

Spoiler

Omega_Xanius.png

17ddgi.png

#45 Valor

Valor

Valorous

• Monarch
  • 3,874 posts
  • This is My Design

User's Awards

Posted 17 September 2010 - 05:25 PM

Terra's story/gameplay

Spoiler

Spoiler

147.png

#46 Django

Django

Page

• Page
  • 29 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 11:02 PM

Terra's story/gameplay

Spoiler

Spoiler

#47 Secret Igshar

Secret Igshar

Pwner of Noobs

• Monarch
  • 3,796 posts
  • your worst nightmare

User's Awards

Posted 19 September 2010 - 10:14 AM

Also, does anyone know if there are any special commands (Shotlock, Friendship, etc) that you can ONLY get by winning at the Command Boards? I really don't like the Command Boards because they're so random and nearly impossible to beat. I've tried a few times and have never come close thanks to terrible dice rolling. I really don't want to farm Command Boards to get Commands. I'm only asking because I'm missing a bunch of movement and Shotlock commands for Ventus and I'm really unsure where the hell I should go to acquire them.

Lol. I love Command Boards. <3 I'm 7/7 so far! I gotta play on my new Disney Town one whenever SOMEONE stops being a total DOUCHEBAG.

What mode are you guys playing on?

Critical. <3 On Terra right now.

Critical mode Terra

Spoiler

Yes. Every time.

Spoiler

Spoiler

a5g7ld.gif

Kingroy: ( 4:40 PM - 02/10/14) u can't own black people

Kingroy: ( 4:40 PM - 02/10/14) #ThanksLincoln

#48 Dion

Dion

Knight

• Knight
  • 2,565 posts

Posted 19 September 2010 - 10:32 AM

Spoiler

Get Second Chance and Once More, then. They really help. Also, use Absolute Zero as your shotlock. o.o

...V HAS COME TO...

dQqhfU.gif

ngoahxS.jpg

#49 Secret Igshar

Secret Igshar

Pwner of Noobs

• Monarch
  • 3,796 posts
  • your worst nightmare

User's Awards

Posted 19 September 2010 - 10:41 AM

Get Second Chance and Once More, then. They really help. Also, use Absolute Zero as your shotlock. o.o

I dunno how to get either of those and I refuse to use a guide to help me get anything until after I've finished all three stories. ._. I have Absolute Zero, but it's level 1. I was saving it to be the last Shotlock I level, since it's the one that's Ice. <3 I'm put Meteor Shower on for this fight. .-. Probably not gonna end up using it against him at all, though. I managed to completely avoid his attack last time I tried it using Valor's less cheaty strategy. >_> I just had to beat first fight again since I had to remove that rushy attack or w/e.

I tend to use my Shotlocks against fatties...

a5g7ld.gif

#50 Dion

Dion

Knight

• Knight
  • 2,565 posts

Posted 19 September 2010 - 10:49 AM

I dunno how to get either of those and I refuse to use a guide to help me get anything until after I've finished all three stories. ._. I have Absolute Zero, but it's level 1. I was saving it to be the last Shotlock I level, since it's the one that's Ice. <3 I'm put Meteor Shower on for this fight. .-. Probably not gonna end up using it against him at all, though. I managed to completely avoid his attack last time I tried it using Valor's less cheaty strategy. >_> I just had to beat first fight again since I had to remove that rushy attack or w/e.

I tend to use my Shotlocks against fatties...

It's not cheaty. ;-; You're gonna NEED shotlocks to beat some bosses in this game. LS can get frustrating without it.

Also, since I didn't make an announcement, I might as well brag here. I beat the Mysterious Figure. :D

Level 55 Ventus, Void Gear Keyblade.

Used the old combo + Fire Surge strategy.

...V HAS COME TO...

dQqhfU.gif

ngoahxS.jpg

#51 Secret Igshar

Secret Igshar

Pwner of Noobs

• Monarch
  • 3,796 posts
  • your worst nightmare

User's Awards

Posted 19 September 2010 - 03:10 PM

It's not cheaty. ;-; You're gonna NEED shotlocks to beat some bosses in this game. LS can get frustrating without it.

Then I guess I'll be the first one to do it without using Shotlocks. Every attack is avoidable or blockable, sans none. I have not run into a single attack yet which can neither be avoided or blocked. Some are difficult to do one or the other*, but none are impossible. The only reason I'm stuck on this damnable boss at the moment is because I make one mistake every time.**

Terra Gameplay
Spoiler

PS. Frustrating =/= Impossible.

a5g7ld.gif

#52 Xanius

Xanius

The Omega

• Emperor
  • 3,525 posts
  • Awakening

User's Awards

Posted 19 September 2010 - 03:26 PM

Then I guess I'll be the first one to do it without using Shotlocks.

Actually, I've seen people beat LS, MF and almost every other boss without Shotlocks. Shotlocks just make fights easier, they aren't really needed. Moreso when a certain boss can't be hurt by anything by commands or shotlocks..

If someone can go thru the game at level one... I think it's safe to say that it's not impossible to not use shotlocks.

Omega_Xanius.png

17ddgi.png

#53 Secret Igshar

Secret Igshar

Pwner of Noobs

• Monarch
  • 3,796 posts
  • your worst nightmare

User's Awards

Posted 19 September 2010 - 03:49 PM

Terra's Finishes~
Spoiler

a5g7ld.gif

#54 Xanius

Xanius

The Omega

• Emperor
  • 3,525 posts
  • Awakening

User's Awards

Posted 19 September 2010 - 03:55 PM

Spoiler

Omega_Xanius.png

17ddgi.png

#55 Dion

Dion

Knight

• Knight
  • 2,565 posts

Posted 19 September 2010 - 04:23 PM

Actually, I've seen people beat LS, MF and almost every other boss without Shotlocks. Shotlocks just make fights easier, they aren't really needed. Moreso when a certain boss can't be hurt by anything by commands or shotlocks..

If someone can go thru the game at level one... I think it's safe to say that it's not impossible to not use shotlocks.

And those people use cheaper strategies like Tornado on LS. So they don't count. Sometimes, you just need to be invincible for a few seconds. Plus, shotlocks don't damage LS and they make MF recover HP. So it actually puts you in a negative position if used at the wrong time. But as I said, sometimes you just need to be invincible for a few seconds.

...V HAS COME TO...

dQqhfU.gif

ngoahxS.jpg

#56 Xanius

Xanius

The Omega

• Emperor
  • 3,525 posts
  • Awakening

User's Awards

Posted 19 September 2010 - 04:27 PM

Nope, no Tornado, just Mine Square. Cartwheeling, dodging, sliding, etc, and using Diamond Dust command style. Nothing other then that and Cura's.

Omega_Xanius.png

17ddgi.png

#57 Dion

Dion

Knight

• Knight
  • 2,565 posts

Posted 19 September 2010 - 04:30 PM

Nope, no Tornado, just Mine Square. Cartwheeling, dodging, sliding, etc, and using Diamond Dust command style. Nothing other then that and Cura's.

Mine Square is kinda cheap too, since LS is mainly charging at you. But then again, I guess it's fine the first time through. I beat him with Mine Squares the first time through, as well. But if you get used to his attack patterns, he's easy as crap without anything but 15 potions in your deck. :D

Also, O_o Cura's? Are you sure....? LS uses Curaga if you use Cure/Cura/Curaga on his battle field, curing himself to max regardless of where he's at.

...V HAS COME TO...

dQqhfU.gif

ngoahxS.jpg

#58 Xanius

Xanius

The Omega

• Emperor
  • 3,525 posts
  • Awakening

User's Awards

Posted 19 September 2010 - 04:35 PM

Video I saw a bit back was in Japanese... so I could be mistaken and it could have been an potion of sorts. I know the tornado way, and that's just honestly, gay. No challenge in that at all.

Omega_Xanius.png

17ddgi.png

#59 Dion

Dion

Knight

• Knight
  • 2,565 posts

Posted 19 September 2010 - 04:42 PM

Video I saw a bit back was in Japanese... so I could be mistaken and it could have been an potion of sorts. I know the tornado way, and that's just honestly, gay. No challenge in that at all.

Yeah, I know. I checked it out. Level 43 Ven killed him in 15 seconds. >_>; I'd be embarrassed if I killed him like that. <<;

Have you gotten a chance to beat him?

...V HAS COME TO...

dQqhfU.gif

ngoahxS.jpg

#60 Valor

Valor

Valorous

• Monarch
  • 3,874 posts
  • This is My Design

User's Awards

Posted 19 September 2010 - 05:41 PM

Terra's Finishes~

Spoiler

Spoiler

Mine Square is kind of cheap, yeah. Everyone who wins at low levels has super cheap strategies to do so that usually exploit predictable AI. Winning at low levels isn't that impressive to be honest. For every one video you see of a level 1 character beating x boss there are 100 failed attempts at them winning.

I also mostly use Shotlocks to finish off bosses because if you do them at the right time they're nearly unblock/dodgeable. Good for getting rid of that last ~ 50% of their final bar. Meteor Shower is win. I also didn't use shotlocks against guy Iggy is fighting.

147.png