Valor

Valorous

• Monarch
  • 3,874 posts
  • This is My Design

User's Awards

Posted 31 October 2010 - 11:41 AM

Greetings, students.

Valor here. You may have seen me in such Infernos as... well every Inferno ever conceived on Blade's multitude of sites. Also on [WEBSITE REDACTED]. I'm kind of a big deal. People know me. I know Inferno. Hell, I made at least two or three. I know what I'm talking about and I'm here to share my knowledge with the general populace who sees Inferno and thinks "How I play gaem?"

So here we go. Let's get started.

Do:

Use Speed Wisely.

Look at the enemy you are facing. Look at how much Speed (Shoes) it has. This is VITAL. THE MOST IMPORTANT STAT. Why? Why is Speed so important?

If you have half of your opponent's speed, they get TWO TURNS to your 1. That means that if they can hurt you, they can hurt you twice as much. If they have double speed to both you and your Spirit the turns WILL GO like this.

Enemy
You
Enemy
Spirit
Enemy

Who would want to face that!? No one! If multiple enemies have twice your and your spirit's speed then...

Enemy 1
Enemy 2
You
Enemy 1
Enemy 2
Spirit
Enemy 1
Enemy 2

This, my dear friends, is a loss. You don't want losses. They are ugly. They ruin your winning percentage. They are not fun. Turn the tables!

SO! Look at its speed. If it has 18 Speed the bare minimum you want is 10. 9 is half of 18. They get two turns. 10 is perfect. You get 1:1 turn ratios.

You don't want 11. You don't want 12. You don't want 18. Why? These points are WASTED unless they give you double turns! 18 Speed enemy versus 13 speed you is 1:1 turn! 18 Speed enemy versus 10 Speed you is 1:1! 18 Speed Enemy versus 29 Speed you is 1:1! Use the minimum speed you need to not get double turns against you. Do not go with an extremely high speed unless you get double turns.

Example is having 36 speed versus that 18 Speed enemy. Do this. Don't do this if you don't have the offenses to hurt it though. That's just silly.

But wait, you say.

Valor... why would I want double turns? Elementary, my dear Infernoer. Take this turn order for example:

You
Enemy
Spirit
You

When you get to the bottom of the turn order you may notice you get two turns in a row. For you magick users, that means you can Cure/Aspil back to back. That means you can Fire/Fire back to back for extra damage. This is pretty handy, but not that important against most grunt enemies. Bosses on the other hand it's nice to be able to cure and attack. If you're in ratios of

Boss
You
Spirit

You often need to heal if the boss is formidible. This limits your offense and handicaps your recovery since you need to heal and keep your mana full. Unless you bring potions, you may eventually run out of mana and need to spend a turn you must heal on recharging your mana supply.

For physical attackers, double turns are nearly essential to winning. Why?
Techniques.

When you use a Technique, you know your statistics increase temporarily. Did you know the increase lasts until the attack of the following turn is finished? Did you? Having a defensive technique that increases your defense or magick defense going into an enemy turn will mitigate a lot of damage.... Using offense on the other hand...

If you have enough ADR built up to be able to use Two Double Slashes (minimum of 3 ADR required) or two Leaps (Five ADR required), then you should totally use them at the bottom of the turn rotation.

You use your first Leap which gives you 14 additional Strength points! Wow! But wait! Your strength is temporarily buffed those 14 points when you use Leap a second time! That means that the second Leap gives you approximately 28 Extra Strength points for that second hit! Incredible!

That's how you deal heavy damage to tough enemies. Double turns with strength is even MORE IMPORTANT than how much strength you have! You get enough strength by using Techniques! I've bested enemies with 20 Defense with only 10 Strength easily! You can too if you pay attention to speed.

That's my first tip and I'll add more as I can in order to get you newbies up to speed for Chapter 2's release. The Inferno is a wonderful system if you learn its little tricks to help you gain an edge and use your points wisely. See you next time!

Edited by Valor, 31 October 2010 - 11:51 AM.

147.png