Knight

• Knight
  • 1,196 posts
  • I'M BACK BITCHES

Posted 12 December 2010 - 06:00 PM

Character: (Second profile)
Veronica Chasity Nielson

Arena:
An ancient Catholic church. The battle will take place in the large church building, as well as the courtyard and the 500 acres of surrounding land.

Quick Note: Veronica is an experimental character, therefore, I may make changes to her profile at any time during the battle.

Also, anyone may join at any point during the battle.

hitchens-1949-2011-by-Gasper-Tringale.jp

“Take the risk of thinking for yourself. Much more happiness, truth, beauty, and wisdom will come to you that way. I promise."

- Christopher Hitchens

#2 Valor

Valor

Valorous

• Monarch
  • 3,874 posts
  • This is My Design

User's Awards

Posted 17 December 2010 - 11:10 AM

I'll join

Ciro Halite

147.png

#3 Epic

Epic

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,196 posts
  • I'M BACK BITCHES

Posted 17 December 2010 - 09:21 PM

Alright. Looks good to me. Q is joining soon. Would you mind if we waited for him? If you do mind, i'll have to make my post later tonight, anyway. I'm a little pressed for time.

“Take the risk of thinking for yourself. Much more happiness, truth, beauty, and wisdom will come to you that way. I promise."

- Christopher Hitchens

#4 Valor

Valor

Valorous

• Monarch
  • 3,874 posts
  • This is My Design

User's Awards

Posted 17 December 2010 - 09:53 PM

I don't mind at all. I'm fine with waiting for him

147.png

#5 qster

qster

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,216 posts

Posted 18 December 2010 - 09:29 PM

http://www.kingdom-g...read.php?t=1214
Sorry for the wait, guys. Anyway, feel free to begin.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Posted Image

#6 Valor

Valor

Valorous

• Monarch
  • 3,874 posts
  • This is My Design

User's Awards

Posted 18 December 2010 - 11:54 PM

Ciro drew the folded map from his pocket and took a long look at it. He turned it on its side. He looked up at a large chapel towering before him. It didn't seem to be on the map at all. He shrugged and rolled the parchment back up and tucked it safely back into his bag.

He adjusted the strap and tugged a bit on his scarf as he approached the church. Maybe there would be people inside to point him towards actual civilization. He thought it odd that there was such a magnificent structure out in the middle of the wilderness. He rapped his knuckles on the thick wooden door. There was no response. He cautiously pushed the doors open and peered into the dimly light cathedral. His footsteps echoed off of the chipped marble as he navigated the lone aisle between the many dark wooden pews that lined either side of him.

He approached the altar and took a knee before climbing the steps to the top. He turned around and looked over the expanse of the church and put his hands on his hips. A small yellow light glittered from his chest and jumped to the table behind him, taking visible form as a two foot tall furry brown creature with large blue eyes.

"This is a pretty weird place." The creature spoke.

Ciro shrugged, "You can say that again, Flint."

He leaned against the table, "Looks like it's deserted. We should probably get going."

Flint nodded and hopped around, "Back on the road!" He turned back into a yellow light and flittered back to Ciro. The light vanished and Ciro pushed himself from the table and began to descend the steps and leave the chapel.

Edited by Valor, 19 December 2010 - 12:00 AM.

147.png

#7 Epic

Epic

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,196 posts
  • I'M BACK BITCHES

Posted 19 December 2010 - 01:04 AM

A young woman in a tan coat with a hood was kneeling by a statue of an angel, singing a Catholic hymn in Latin. "Domine, probasti cor meum. Et scitis méam et meam. Manus tua in me protegendo me de sanguinibus, prohibuisti me malum." She stopped singing once she heard voices. She unclasped her hands and stood up. After looking around, the young woman, Veronica, began walking down the hall. Once she reached the entrance way, just in time to see Ciro walking out the door. "Stranger, what brings you to this place? I do not normally get visitors. It's usually just me, on my knees, praying for my best friend to return to me." She stopped speaking and giggled a little. "I apologize. I didn't mean to wander like that. Anyway, back to my question, what brings you here?"

- Christopher Hitchens

#8 Valor

Valor

Valorous

• Monarch
  • 3,874 posts
  • This is My Design

User's Awards

Posted 19 December 2010 - 09:57 AM

Ciro paused as the gentle voice called out to him. He turned to see a girl about his age standing there draped in a drab brown cloak. The whole situation felt a tad eerie.

"Just passing through. Looking for the nearest town." He ran his slender fingers over the leather wrapped handle of his blade.

"If you want your friend to return, you should go find them. Praying won't solve anything." He replied, a bit harshly.

"An odd place to stay. Seems rather removed from civilization. Why would you stay here instead of in a town?"

Ciro placed his back against the door, watching the girl carefully. He wasn't sure what to expect, but a random girl out in the middle of nowhere was rather unsettling, for whatever reason. He felt uneasy.

147.png

#9 qster

qster

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,216 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 10:45 AM

Man! These guys just won't give up for a second! I don't think I can outrun them much longer! Aria thought, her legs beginning to tremble as she sprinted away.

A grouping of heavily armed guards were chasing her, under orders of her "husband" to take her back. The pursuit had lasted the better part of a day, leaving her weary. There were times where she had the opportunity to rest and hide, and this was such an occasion. Ahead of her, Aria spotted a large Catholic church, looking to be abandoned.

Busy thinking of the possible hiding spot, she was nearly caught in the arms of one of the three pursuers, diving out of the way of the guard's desperate tackle, and like a domino, they all fell, leaving her to escape. She hastily opened the double doors, hiding inside of the church for temporary safety.

In front of her, however, was both a man and a woman. The man was donned in a white shirt, paired with a blue jacket and brown pants. His hair showed the calm, yet possibly ferocious nature in his eyes, making him seem like a possible threat. The thing that struck her as odd was the man's equipment, both a sword and a bow, but no quiver to go along with it.

The woman seemed to have a lazy, yet caring personality, based on her clothing. A mishmash of a tan coat, pink tank top, and a pair of blue jeans was what the woman wore. Her eyes were resonating with the dark hue of violet, her hair being as black as the night sky. Her skin was the dark complexion of a natural tan, paired with her hair and eyes to appear imposing and a possible threat.

"Um... I hope I didn't walk in at a bad time or anything. I would have knocked, but.... yeah.... that can be explained later. Anyway, what are you two doing here?" Aria said, feeling a little awkward at the current situation.

Aria sat on a nearby bench, feeling exhausted from the long chase. She would have fallen asleep right there, but fear of the other two people, especially the woman, kept her awake. Feeling a little cautious, she rested her hand near the hilt of her sword, Typhoon, which rested on her hip.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Posted Image

#10 Valor

Valor

Valorous

• Monarch
  • 3,874 posts
  • This is My Design

User's Awards

Posted 19 December 2010 - 01:15 PM

Ciro raised a brow as a tiny girl came bursting through the door, nearly knocking him over. She garbled something about intruding and plopped herself down on a pew as if it was the most normal thing in the world. Ciro took a look to the open door and thought it best to excuse himself before this got any stranger.

He looked outside to see a few armed guards patrolling the area. He shut the door and turned to the child.

"Looks like you have some friends looking for you. I imagine you're here to claim sanctuary, but they don't seem like the type willing to grant it in such a run down trashy place such as this."

He grabbed the handle to the door and looked back at the two girls, "You two oddballs can stay here. I'll be sure to let the guys outside know where they should be looking for their criminal, thief, or whatever you are. See ya."

He pulled the door open and waved to the guards, calling out to them. "She's in here, guys."

147.png

#11 Epic

Epic

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,196 posts
  • I'M BACK BITCHES

Posted 19 December 2010 - 03:18 PM

Veronica didn't think about what she was doing. She dashed out the door after Ciro. She pushed past him and and reached both hands into her coat, pulling out two broadswords. With great speed and agility, she quickly and seemingly effortlessly cut through ever single soldier, leaving the broken bodies in the dirt. Admist all the screams of the dying enemies, Veronica bowed and said a short prayer for the soldiers, ending it by saying, "Peace be with you." She turned to Ciro and walked to him, anger in her eyes. "You heartless brute!" She slapped him as hard as she could. "She's just a child!"

- Christopher Hitchens

#12 qster

qster

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,216 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 04:28 PM

Aria watched as the man called out to the guards she had just escaped from, leaving her frozen in both hatred of the man, and fear of what the guards held for her future. Then, almost as if it were a miracle, the woman rushed past the two of them, killing the guards effortlessly in a series of swings with her twin broadswords. Aria walked over to the pair of doors, seeing the woman praying for her fallen prey.

Aria was no longer as fearful of the woman, running up to her with tears of joy running down her cheeks. Jumping up, she hugged the woman in gratitude, crying in her neck. After a moment, she calmed down and smiled up at her savior, then looking back at the man in disgust.

"Thank you so much! I don't know what I would have done without you. My name is Aria. Aria Lupis of Leorus to be exact. What is your name?" Aria asked the woman, smiling up to her beautiful face.

Turning around to the man, she pulled Typhoon from its sheath, holding it in a defensive stance. She gave the man a cold, death stare, the hate for him showing in her eyes alone. Rushing toward the man, Aria shot a bubble toward the man, then following up with a vertical slash.

"You jerk! I did nothing wrong! Why would you help them? What did you think I did wrong, since it is obvious you thought I did something?" Aria shouted mid-strike.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Posted Image

#13 Valor

Valor

Valorous

• Monarch
  • 3,874 posts
  • This is My Design

User's Awards

Posted 19 December 2010 - 04:30 PM

Ciro caught her hand and tossed her arm aside.

"Child or not, they were after her for a reason." He pushed past her, bumping his shoulder into hers.

"You're one to talk. Killing people and then saying a prayer for them? What kind of self indulgent bullshit are you trying to pull? One child's life is worth more than those soldiers? They had families too. Lives they had to live. You're just a monster. To hell with you and this church."

He turned and ripped his sword from its sheath and turned to face her as the other girl ran up to her side and yelled some childish nonsense and launched a bubble at him. which he merely sidestepped.

She struck towards him and he canceled her slash with the flat edge of his long sword, his superior strength knocking her ten year old frame effortlessly aside.

"What an innocent child." Ciro spat.

147.png

#14 Epic

Epic

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,196 posts
  • I'M BACK BITCHES

Posted 19 December 2010 - 04:54 PM

Veronica slipped off her coat, revealing many different weapons strapped to her body and in sheathes. "Those soldiers chose this fate. It was their choice when they entered the military." She saw Ciro knock Aria aside. "You beast... hurting innocent children... I won't stand for it." She threw a dagger up in the air and caught it in her teeth. "Great lord, please forgive this sin I am about to commit." She charged at Ciro and unleased a flurry of strikes with her three weapons.

- Christopher Hitchens

#15 Valor

Valor

Valorous

• Monarch
  • 3,874 posts
  • This is My Design

User's Awards

Posted 19 December 2010 - 04:59 PM

Ciro rose an brow as the girl flashed him and showed off many weapons which she apparently needed to have on her when frequenting an empty church to pray for her lost friend. She clearly wasn't insane at all.

Ciro held out a hand as the blades of grass around Veronica's ankles tangled and gripped her tightly to the ground. Her attack would fall far short of her mark. He stood there, his blade at his side.

"She attacked me. Are you blind? How do you know she's innocent? You just met her! What were those guards after her for? Let's ask them." Ciro said turning to the gore scattered about the field.

"Oh, that's right. We can't. Because you're psychotic and tore them to shreds. Now I see why your friend left you."

147.png

#16 qster

qster

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,216 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 10:27 PM

Aria watched from the sidelines as the woman's feet were intricately tangled by a group of vines, keeping her from moving. She pointed her blade at the vines, aiming it like a gun, sweat running down her arms to the hilt of the blade. Almost as if it were a sponge, the hilt absorbed the sweat and fired a blast of water from Typhoon's tip.

Getting up off of the ground, she rushed back at the man, but doing something a little different this time. Her blade turned into an ocean tide blue, then bended as she slashed towards the man. The blade was basically water now, until changed back to normal. It had both the strength and flexibility of an ocean tide, making it able to whip around the man's weapon if he countered.

"Maybe if you stop being so mean, I'll tell you what happened. Leave her alone and fight me, you jerk. If you want to just be a rude jerk, then go ahead and assume I did something, but I didn't." Aria said, looking at the man.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Posted Image

#17 Epic

Epic

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,196 posts
  • I'M BACK BITCHES

Posted 19 December 2010 - 11:31 PM

Veronica struggled in the grip of the vines before being shot free by Aria. It took Veronica a little while to process what Ciro had just said. At first, she felt no emotion towards the words that were meant to hurt her. She thought about Phenox for a moment. When they were children, when Phenox saved her from that bully in 5th grade... how sad she was when he went missing, how happy she was when they met again, how sad and frustrated she was whenever they were seperated. Veronica closed her eyes, thinking back to when her and Phenox met again. She thought about her desire to kiss him at that very moment. She didn't, and now she was scared that she would never get the chance to. Now, this man... he pretended that he knew everything. She would enlighten him. After giving a tearful smile to Aria, she spoke to Ciro. "You think you know everything, don't you?" She asked, stepping closer to him. "You have no idea how little you know. My friend did not leave me. We were seperated. He was taken from me." Veronica sheathed her broadswords and took out a longsword. Careful to not get her blade in the path of Aria's, she pointed it at Ciro's neck.

"
YoU KnOw NoThInG, YoU... BASTARD!!!!" Veronica's demeanor changed completely. Her air changed from sweet and kind to brutal and merciless. She pushed the blade into Ciro's neck, digging the tip in just enough to draw a little blood."How does it feel, huh? You ball of slime... worthless worm..." A sadistic smile crept onto her face. If someone didn't know better, they would think she was a completely different person. Veronica chuckled."Let the fun begin..." Veronica drew a few more blades.

- Christopher Hitchens

#18 Valor

Valor

Valorous

• Monarch
  • 3,874 posts
  • This is My Design

User's Awards

Posted 19 December 2010 - 11:41 PM

Ciro watched as the water hit the grass which was still under his control. He laxed his control over it and allowed the psycho to move again. The younger girl slashed at him again, her blade turning to water before his eyes. He took a leap backwards to avoid the blade's swipe, not knowing what it would do if it touched him. So he didn't let it touch him.

"You women are both touched in the head. You two are the ones attacking me, and yet I'm the mean one? Get a grip, child." He sighed, looking at the other girl again.

She began speaking in a deeper voice, which he found kind of silly. He would imagine that she would be trying to show that she's tough instead of sweet and kind. It was funny because she was anything but, having killed apparently innocent men and attacked him in a rage beforehand. She pointed her blade at him, as if he was within arm's length of her and threatened him some more.

"Whoever took your friend got it wrong then. You're the one who should be taken away in a straitjacket you psycho." He grumbled as she drew even more edge weapons, as if she hadn't enough already.

"I don't care about either of your sob stories, really. You can stuff it." Ciro sighed, staring at the two attackers.

He glanced to the child, "And I'm not going to attack a baby, so you're wasting your time, princess."

147.png

#19 qster

qster

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,216 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 01:34 AM

Well, the sad part is that you are partially true with that statement... Aria thought, the man's words burning into her like a cheap candle on a birthday cake.

This time, however, she decided not to reply, seeing that this man was a lost cause. Both Aria and this other woman seemed to want this man dead in any way possible. The woman who had previously helped her seemed to had completely changed in the personality category, from a caring and loving woman to a sadistic and brutal witch. Now the woman was a potential enemy, so Aria knew she would have to stay out of her path.

She quickly jumped away from the two of them, but tried to help the woman by unleashing a group of explosive bubbles toward the man, followed by a quick cannon-like blast of water towards him, just in case he attempted to dodge her bubble barrage. If the attack made contact with the bubbles, they would explode with the force of a frag grenade, leaving all in its blast radius injured.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Posted Image

#20 Valor

Valor

Valorous

• Monarch
  • 3,874 posts
  • This is My Design

User's Awards

Posted 20 December 2010 - 10:40 AM

Ciro watched as the young girl leaped backwards and sent out a volley of bubble. He rose his hand into the air as a mass of strong, thick vines erupted from the ground, sprouting twisted two inch thorns along their length and expertly pierced each bubble moments after they were sent forth from the girl. Her follow up water cannon would do little, as it would slam into the vines.

The bubble would explode viciously closer to the two girls than himself. He would stumble a few steps from the force of the explosion, wondering what the hell these bubbles were made of.

He drew his bow and sheathed his sword as he placed his hand on the ground. He pulled forth a long slender bit of rock, which quickly hardened and shaped into a long thin spear with the hardness like that of steel. He drew it back on the string of the bow and aimed carefully at Veronica's position and fired it at her, aiming for the center of her mass, right to the chest. Hopefully the force of the bubbles exploding next to her would be enough of a distraction for the attack to strike true.

Edited by Valor, 20 December 2010 - 10:43 AM.

147.png