20 replies to this topic

#1 qster

qster

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,216 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 09:21 PM

My Character: http://www.kingdom-g...hread.php?t=739

Location: Bloody Skyline- The rooftop where Travis Touchdown fought rank 50 Skelter Helter during his second run through the U.A.A. rankings. This ordinary, silver skyscraper is 10 stories above the pavement, making falling a bad choice for all. The rooftop measures out to 40 x 40 feet. The current time is 5:45 PM and it is winter, but it is the first snowfall in Santa Destroy, California in years.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Posted Image

#2 kratos

kratos

Page

• Page
  • 173 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 09:42 PM

Alright i accept, this is going to be fun :). Here is the character that i choose to fight you with.

"Oh shit its getting late" Dara though to himself as he was flying over some town in California that he had never seen before. As he looks into the sky he see's the warmth and brilliance of the sun start to slowly slip away, as it is getting replaced by cold dark gray clouds across the sky. Dara starts making his descent into the city streets, but to his surprise he see's many people still out in this soon to be bad weather. So instead of creating a ruckus by landing among then all he spots a tall building in the distance which he decides is a good place to rest. It seemed deserted and hopefully none would find him up there.

As he glided onto the roof of the building he spots craters and cut marks all along the roof, but thinks nothing of it. As he lands and sets his wings back into his body, he notices the slow but steady of little white snowflakes starting to fall down from the sky. " Oh great" he thought to himself as he stared at the falling flakes, "It's snowing, and it was so brilliant just a little while ago".

He decided to take refuge in the rubble amongst the roof, sliding in-between two slabs on concrete seemingly perched against each other as a make-shirt roof. He pulls out some wood and burning materials from his backpack and starts himself a fire, and gets ready for the long night ahead.

#3 qster

qster

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,216 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 08:28 PM

The snow began to fall as Roy made his way to the monument known as the Bloody Skyline, dubbed that after the brutal battle between Travis Touchdown and Skelter Helter. Just like in that fight, it was snowing for one of the first times ever in Santa Destroy, California. Going there in order to experience the "monument" itself, he pushed his way past the large crowds of people, finally making his way to the skyscraper's base.

He ignored the corporate business people that littered the base of the skyscraper. Instead of waiting on the elevator and dealing with the awkward stares of people, he just ran up the stairs. Opening the door to the roof, he was already exhausted, but in his mind, he thought it was all worth it. Roy walked out into the snow covered rooftop, seeing a flame and a man beneath some rubble.

The man seemed normal for the most part, except for the fact that he was wearing sunglasses at night and sleeping under a pile of rubble. Seeing the man as being even stranger than Roy himself was, with both a pair of sunglasses and the leather coat on in the middle of winter. However, he did look to be a relatively good person, maybe a bit commanding or intimidating.

"Hey man, what the heck are you doing all the way up here? Need a place to stay, dude, or are you just here admiring this historical moment on top of one of the many monuments of Santa Destroy?" Roy asked, pulling the man from the rubble.

"By the way, the name's Roy Tonner. I take it you aren't from here. What's your name?"

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Posted Image

#4 kratos

kratos

Page

• Page
  • 173 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 09:12 PM

Dara awoke with a start as he heard a door open fast and slammed into the wall behind it. He thought it was just a dream or even a nightmare, until he looked up and saw a weirdly dressed man in a Hawaiian tree shirt, with sandals, shorts and gloves?? He thought to himself " damn, this dude must be cracked out or something to wear that on a cold night like this".

As Dara woke up and stared at the approaching man, the man asked a little too happily, "Need a place to stay, dude, or are you just here admiring this historical moment on top of one of the many monuments of Santa Destroy?" Dara was hesitant to talk to the new man, because many people were after him for many years now, but hesitantly Dara answered " The name is Darastrix Daar, and no i don't need a place to stay as you can see, i am currently sleeping in this pile of rubble behind me".

"I answered your questions, now you have to answer some of mine" Dara said sternly yet calmly. " Who are you, and why did you interrupt my sleep".

#5 qster

qster

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,216 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 01:20 PM

"Nice to met ya, Darastrix. The name's Roy, but some people call me Thunder. Don't really know why, really." Roy said, shaking Dara's hand.

"Anyway, sorry about waking you up, man. Tell the truth, I thought you might have been dead. Kind of glad to discover you aren't dead, though. Guess I just wanted to help a man out." Roy tried to explain, laughing a bit.

Looking down from the railing that surrounded the outer edge, he watched the people below, the cover coating them like glaze on a doughnut. It seemed so peaceful up here, so how could two people engage in a battle to the death? That was the phrase that repeated through Roy's head. He turned back to Dara, a smile on his face.

"Hey, how about we have a little duel? Not like a duel to the death, just something for the history books, ya know? Just like Travis the great and that Skelter Helter man a couple years ago." Roy asked, his hands near the hilt of his pair of Rose Nasty katanas.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Posted Image

#6 kratos

kratos

Page

• Page
  • 173 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 01:48 PM

As Dara shook Thunder's hand, he felt a surge of electrical energy when the two hands meet. He wasn't quite sure what it was, since he had never experienced that before. He shook it off as just a one of a time thing, as he finished shaking thunder's hand.

When thunder released and told Dara about how he had worried about him being dead, Dara simply replied, "Ha, it will take a whole hell of a lot more then a little snow flurries to kill me." As thunder started to walk away and look over the railing of the roof at the people below, Dara emerged from his little home and stood up, he simply thought to himself as he stretched " Damn I'm sore just from sleeping a little bit on this hard roof, maybe this wasn't that great of an idea".

When thunder asked him to duel for fun just like Travis and Skelter had before, atop this rooftop, Dara was taken away. He had heard about the epic battle between them, and had heard that it was on a rooftop, but to actually be where the two of them had battles, well that was just an honor by itself. As He finished stretching, he waled over to where thunder stood, and calmly replied, "alright i we will fight, but don't think you know me just from what you see. You have yet to see anything"

As Dara slowly walked away to one side of the roof and thunder on the other Dara calmly took his backpack off, and threw it under his little shelter thing and motioned for thunder to begin.

#7 qster

qster

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,216 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 10:05 PM

Roy pulled his Rose Nasty beam katanas from their holsters, ejecting a two foot long beam of red energy from their handles. He rushed toward Dara, blades held in an X formation. When he was within at least five feet, he slashed first with his left, doing a diagonal slash, and doing a horizontal slash at Dara's feet with his right.

Then, he began thinking of what Dara had said, not seeing anything yet. Roy quickly switched to the defensive after his attack, jumping backward and readying his blades to counter whatever Dara had planned.

"C'mon man, make your move. Or are you too amazed by my skill that you can't move?" Roy taunted, laughing at the man.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Posted Image

#8 kratos

kratos

Page

• Page
  • 173 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 10:35 PM

As Roy drew out his weapons all that Dara thought was, " What is he going to do with the hilts of two swords". But he soon found out that they weren't ordinary hilts, when laser like beams emerged from them as Roy charged at him. That surprised Dara, since he had only been fighting people with normal blades and weapons made out of steel and such.

But as Roy charged at him, Dara calmly stood his ground but when he was just five feet away he saw that Roy was about to attack. Nimbly he dodged his two slashes with ease, as if they were coming at him in slow motion. When Roy retreated, Dara wondered " Hmm, maybe he won't be like the rest of them who jut comes in willy nilly and attack, maybe he is testing me, seeing what i have to offer".

"You're not like all the other one's Ive faced recently, you seem to know what you are doing" Dara called over to Roy, as each warrior studied each other from afar. "Now have a little taste of what i can offer" Dara exclaimed, as he drew a great breath in, and exhaled a mighty blast of fire, heading straight for Roy.

#9 qster

qster

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,216 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 05:26 PM

Roy smiled at Dara's compliment, appreciating the fact that someone admired his style of fighting. However, he had more pressing matters in his hands, like seeing Dara oddly take a deep breath. Taking a preemptive strike, Roy faked a left and jumped to the right, but not expecting what would follow. As the man spit a large stream of fire, Roy couldn't help but be a bit surprised, despite the fact that he knew it was probably going to be a ranged attack.

"You aren't any hobo I've ever seen before. What are you? Half dragon?" Roy laughed, thinking for sure it wouldn't be the truth.

After his dodge, he joined the handles of his twin beam katanas, beams facing the same direction. The Thunder Horse had been formed, and as Roy pulled his hand back, mimicking pulling back on a string, then releasing it. Instantaneously, a bolt of electricity shot forward at Dara, moving at the speed of a bullet. Then, he detached the blades and rushed toward Dara, arms spread out to prepare for a twin, horizontal, torso slash.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Posted Image

#10 kratos

kratos

Page

• Page
  • 173 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 09:48 PM

As Dara watched the fireball go towards Roy, somehow Roy knew that it was coming, and was out of the way before it even came close to hitting the mark. As Roy called out " What are you, half dragon?", ha ha "If he only knew" Dara thought to himself. Watching Roy move out of the way from the fireball, he watched as Roy put the two handles of his katana's together and felt the air around them surge with electricity.

Dara wasn't quite sure what was going on but he knew that he had to keep his eye's wide open and watch his every move. As he put the two handles together, Roy held the handles as if it was a bow base, and seemingly meant as if he was pulling an invisible bow string. "OK" Dara thought to himself "Either this guy has completely lost it or im about to experience one hell of an attack"

As Roy drew back on the string and released it, Dara's eyes caught the lightning bolt seemingly appear out of midair, and fly towards him as fast as a bullet. "Oh shit" Dara thought to himself, " I had no warning about this, its too close to move, but next time i will be expecting it". As Dara saw the bolt coming towards him, he clenched his body, and felt his cells realigning, and he felt the pressure around his body increase, as his skin hardened, and continued to harden, while forming dragon like scales around his body.

When the bolt hit his body, thankfully Dara had finished his transformation, which made his body durable enough to withstand the attack without any side affects at all. He looked through the smoke ad saw Roy coming at him with his two blades drawn again, as Dara started to draw his own, getting into a defensive posture.

When Roy did his dual torso slash, Dara successfully blocked both attacks without hesitation, nor worrying about his weapon's durability, since he wasn't afraid about them breaking or being damaged. As the attacks were blocked Dara quickly took his right foot and attempted to kick Roy in the torso, so he can get away from him.

#11 qster

qster

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,216 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 11:29 PM

Roy watched as Dara brought up his foot, kicking Roy in the stomach. Surprised, Roy was sent flying back from the kick, some blood sent flying onto the ground. He cradled his stomach in pain, trying to stop the pain. Getting up, he simply smiled and laughed, but soon stopped due to the burn.

"Not bad, man. I'll admit that I didn't see that trick. How the heck did my bolt not hurt you though?" Roy commented.

Putting the blades back into Thunder Horse mode, he quickly fired five consecutive bolts. The last one he pointed up, having gravity take its course and send it downward at Dara to hit when it was least expected. Instead of rushing into offense, he prepared to roll and slash Dara from behind.

"What are you hiding? I know something's up." Roy thought.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Posted Image

#12 kratos

kratos

Page

• Page
  • 173 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 12:43 AM

As Roy rolled away, Dara slowly lowered his leg, thankful that he had hit him because he wasn't quite sure how his skin would handle against his laser blades. As Roy drew his weapon again he commented " How did by bolt not hurt you" to Dara. Since after the bolt had hit him he had reverted back into his normal form, Roy didn't see the transformation.

Dara thought to himself that him not seeing the transformation was a good thing, for it would be a good surprise later on. As Roy drew back and fired off four shots straight at him, and one pointed in the air Dara said out loud " Damn dude, you loosing your touch or something, that last one was a bit off dontcha think?"

As the four shots were coming at Dara, he had time to quickly use his speed and strength to kick up a piece of the rubble on the ground and hold it in front of him to block the main force of the lightning, but as they struck he found out the hard way that he still felt the sting as each one hit the rock. It may not been as bad as getting hit head on, but Dara still felt his as his inside's were on fire.
"Note to self" Dara thought, "Do Not! Let him hit you with those, unless i am transformed". As Dara moved out from underneath the rubble, he could see Roy crouching off, as if he was preparing to attack. Suddenly Dara heard a whizzing noise coming from above, as he looked up he saw the arrow that Roy had shot up, and it was heading straight for him. As a last resort, he quickly summoned out his wings to quickly absorb the blast. Little did he know that while the arrow was in the sky, the gravity of it falling had increased it's speed and power, and when it struck his wings, which was covering his body, it exploded. As it exploded Dara felt himself being pushed down onto the ground by the sheer force of the arrow itself. As the smoke and etc clear from it hitting him, he slowly stares up and looks at Roy, with an angry look on his face, as his sunglasses hand from one ear, broken.

#13 qster

qster

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,216 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 07:57 PM

"Oh crap! I'm sorry, man! I didn't mean to break your sunglasses, dude. I'll tell ya what: I'll buy you a new pair, or I can give you the money to buy another pair." Roy proposed, a little scared about Dara's anger.

Note to self: Never make a man who is both human and dragon angry. Better keep on the defensive or attack from a distance before I get barbecued. Roy thought to himself.

He pretended to pull back on the imaginary string, faking a couple shots. Then, as soon as he would see a reaction from Dara, he would fire another trio of shots, one to his left, right, and one for the center. After that, he jumped back, trying to maintain a good distance from Dara. He just kept strafing around Dara, making it seem as if he would attack again, but he wouldn't.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Posted Image

#14 kratos

kratos

Page

• Page
  • 173 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 08:07 PM

As Roy proposed about buying Dara some new shades, Dara took the broken sunglasses off his face and tossed them over the ledge, forgetting that there were people down there. As Dara stood up about to comment on Roy's somewhat meaningful apology, he noticed Roy pull back again on the invisible bow string. " Oh crap" Dara thought to himself. " I'm in no position to dodge these".

So reluctantly Dara opened up his wings and took to the sky, looking below for the arrows to hit the stone wall where he once stood, yet there was no explosion or hit. Dara was confused as to why there was no hit, his curiosity was solved when he looked down at Roy and saw him fire three more shots at him, this time, they were real. He crossed his arms around his vital organs and waited for the bolts to hit him.

#15 qster

qster

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,216 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 08:26 PM

Roy watched as Dara took to the skies, a pair of wings opening from his body. Surprised at the sight, he thought for sure the shots would miss, due to his greater mobility. However, as intended, the trick seemed to have caught him off guard, the bolts of lightning making contact with the dragon hybrid man.

Jesus! This guy has wings too?! This is going to prove to be a very hard fight, unless I can keep tricking him like I did before. I just have to keep my distance. Roy thought to himself, now behind Dara.

The blades still in Thunder Horse form, he fired one more shot at Dara's back, expecting it to hit. Immediately after firing it, Roy twisted one of the hilts in the opposite direction of the other, forming his weapon the Thunder Star. Still behind Dara, he spun the dual sided blade a couple times, throwing it horizontally towards Dara, ready to pull it back to him with lightning if it missed.

"Man, how many secrets are you holding back man? First the fireball, some kind of armor, and now wings? That had to be one childhood everyone had to remember." Roy laughed, hoping it would distract Dara.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Posted Image

#16 kratos

kratos

Page

• Page
  • 173 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 08:39 PM

"My childhood?" Dara repeated the words slowly looking at the ground. "my Childhood...." And then the memories swam over him, him and parents, going on picnic's, eating together, reading together, and training together. He had really loved the. Then he thought about that fateful day, when his parents were killed. An and unspeakable anger slowly rose inside of Dara, making his whole body shake.

"My childhood!" Dara screamed at Roy. As he said those words he saw the Beam katana slowly start moving toward him. At that moment all the anger he had suddenly felt boil up inside of him came crashing out. He dug his hands into the roof below, and grabbed a piece of rubble, easily weighing a hundred pounds or so, and threw it straight at the oncoming weapon.

As the weapon and the rubble collided, there was a cloud of dust and debris formed, and using that as a distraction, he used his super speed to quickly dark behind Roy, and slam his fist into Roy's face, just underneath his eye. Making his fly off the ground in the general direction of where his beam katana lay amongst the rocks.

#17 qster

qster

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,216 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 08:56 PM

Roy watched as his beam katana was knocked away from him, hit away by a piece of rubble that was unneeded to send it away. To make it worse, Dara came from the sky at a speed that Roy had never seen before, only to be hit by a punch to the face as he turned around. The impact from the punch sent Roy flying to the other side of the rooftop, his body crashing against the railing that kept people from falling off.

"I didn't mean to strike a nerve or anything man. Didn't know you had that bad of a childhood enough to punch me that hard in the face. Let me guess: bullies?" Roy shouted, thinking he understood what Dara's childhood was like.

Roy rose from the impact spot, his previously unscathed face now covered with a big bruise. Almost like a force pull, he pulled Thunder Star toward him, having it rush to him and potentially slashing through Dara if he didn't pay attention. When it was finally in his hands again, he twisted the handles so they faced the same direction, faking another shot and then firing a shot towards Dara's feet, another just above his head in case he tried to fly to avoid the lower one.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Posted Image

#18 kratos

kratos

Page

• Page
  • 173 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 09:01 PM

As Roy took the shots at Dara's feet and above him, Dara took a deep breathe in and exhaled a giant blast of fire, right under his own legs, using the propulsion of the fire and his own flying abilities he narrowly missed the second lightning bolt that Roy had shot above him before he jumped. As Dara was in the sky he slowly start to turn on stop, almost pirouetting, as if a ballerina.

As the rotations got quicker and quicker Dara started to slowly let out a stream of fire, which since he was constantly spinning, got trapped in the vortex, and began to surround Dara, as if an amour of fire. Once Dara thought he had enough fire surrounding him he stopped letting the fire out of his body, and while spinning begin to quickly descent, right towards Roy. As if Dara himself were a flaming bullet.

#19 qster

qster

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,216 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 09:33 PM

Roy watched in horror as Dara covered himself in a funnel of fire, heading straight toward him. He quickly fired another bolt into the center of the funnel, then ran away, not caring to see the result of the shot. All he knew was that he had to get away from Dara's attack and keep some distance between them as well.

When he felt he was at a good distance, about 15 feet away, he fired two more arrows, both of them aimed for the center like the original. Roy then started strafing around the funnel again, ready to dodge it if it came after him again.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Posted Image

#20 kratos

kratos

Page

• Page
  • 173 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 08:45 PM

From what Dara could tell from inside the funnel Roy had fired off approximately three shots into his fiery vortex. As the arrows approached him Dara speed up his rotation so that when the arrow's got closer they were pulled off their course and sent flying away from his body. As he angled himself so that he would start going towards Roy, Dara got the strangest idea, He unsheathed his two katana's and laid them out slightly so the would be protruding from the fiery mass which is Dara.

Soon he was going full force towards Roy. As Dara got closer, Roy saw the blades protruding from the vortex and quickly ran out of the way, stupidly Dara tried to follow Roy around, but soon he got very dizzy and had to quickly slow down or else he was going to pass out. As Dara slowed down, and soon came to a complete halt, he stood wobbly in front of Roy, and said out loud " Damn i feel like I'm going to get sick, never again". Upon that note Dara took a fighting stance and charged at Roy, blades drawn and still aflame.