Valor

Valorous

• Monarch
  • 3,874 posts
  • This is My Design

User's Awards

Posted 28 January 2011 - 10:07 AM

Note from Valor:

I am so sorry for everything that follows. Walter wrote this himself and insisted quite forcefully that a thread needed to be made. Please try to retain your sanity.

Ahoy there! Weaponmaster Walter here! I assume you've just finished reading through this month's issue of WEAPONS WEEKLY and yer thinkin "OI That there WEAPONMASTER WALTER sure is a swell fellow. I ought ta thank him for dat invaluable advice in arming meself while strollin' about da worlda Lichon", right!? RIGHT. Well here's your chance to talk back to the man, the myth, the best Weaponmaster this side of Nali (and the other side too, acourse) and get me replies.

We'll be runnin' a few ol' things 'ere in this here column.

QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS
TESTIMONIALS
FAN MAIL
COMPLAINTS/SUGGESTIONS (I doubt ye be havin' any a de forma, though)

'Ere's how it's gonna work then. If ye have any QUESTIONS for WEAPONMASTER WALTER (like, "OI. HOW YOU GET SO AWESOME!?") please Private Message the user Valor (the bloke who be posting this here column fer me.). Once we collected enough a these, There'll be a new column posted with all of me answers to each and every one of yer questions. They don't hafta be weapon related (but I wish they all were. I could go on fer hours about dem bladed beauties).

Fer TESTIMONIALS, that bein yer own experience with a weapon and wantin' to tell others. If ye made one of me weapons in the issue and want to tell others how right I am, post it 'ere with your good experiences! Was it easy to make? Difficult? How many heads did you cleave in a single swing? Let yer fellow friends know!

FAN MAIL can be posted right here in the column. Feel free to tell me how awesome you know I am. COMPLAINTS and SUGGESTIONS for how to improve next month's issues are also welcomed RIGHT HERE in the thread! Let's recap:

If you have a QUESTION for WEAPONMASTER WALTER that you want featured in a Q+A Column, Private Message the user Valor.

If you have a TESTIMONIAL for a weapon (positive or negative) that you'd want people to see, post it here in the the column! This way everyone can see how right I am about everything!

If you have any COMPLAINTS or SUGGESTIONS, post em here in the column.
Similarly, if you have any FAN MAIL for WEAPONMASTER WALTER that you don't want featured in a column, post it here in the column.

Dem's a lotta werds, but can ye blame me? I'm a writer afterall. Writin' Weaponmaster Walter. Maybe that should be the title of this Column. The there Valor so-and-so told me we needed to title this column appropriately. Don't worry, loyal readers, I'll make sure dat I get my way.

Yer welcome.

~Posted Image

Edited by Valor, 28 January 2011 - 10:18 AM.

#2 Secret Felix

Secret Felix

Knight

• Knight
  • 823 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 11:58 PM

Dear Weaponmaster Walter,

Whomever placed a belligerent meat-head such as yourself in a position to write a monthly column needs to have their position thoroughly revoked. After completely stripping them of said powers, they should promptly be placed back upon the janitorial staff from which they inevitably came. Perhaps they will even let you join them, assuming you can wield a broom.

Yet I did not write this merely to belittle your simple sentence structure, poor word choice, or crude and less than humorous jokes. Instead I am writing to complain about the lack of details within your horribly inadequate pamphlet. I suppose you cannot help it, being so yourself, but if this is so then someone with some actual knowledge of weapons and their properties needs to quickly snatch the quill from your hands. The aspects of the weapons within are vague, while the writing style is largely chauvinistic. This leaves much to the reader to discover on their own. Ah, and please don't try to play that little card either.

Have you ever hunted for any of these components yourself, Walter? Do you even know what an augment is? Do you have the slightest idea of the amount of time, gil, and blood that goes into making just a single piece of equipment? I don't think you do. To make your readers randomly guess which weapon is the one they need is a horrible thing to do. It takes a cruel kind of man to do such a thing, you know. We support you with gil, and what do we get in return? Weapons that are as inadequate as the man who wrote about them.

Personally, I will not be purchasing another volume of weapons weekly unless a new writer is instated post haste. Oh, and if you happen to see a few pages of the first volume flutter by you, you can rest assured it was my buddy's copy. I took care of it the last time he wasn't looking. Tehee.

----Meeps

Edited by Artemis, 04 February 2011 - 02:29 AM.

Posted Image

#3 Valor

Valor

Valorous

• Monarch
  • 3,874 posts
  • This is My Design

User's Awards

Posted 04 February 2011 - 09:56 PM

Sheesh. No one else has anything to say to WMW? I'm a bit disappointed. One rather disgruntled rebuttal by some sort of yellow fluffball with horns? So sad.

147.png

#4 Xanius

Xanius

The Omega

• Emperor
  • 3,525 posts
  • Awakening

User's Awards

Posted 13 February 2011 - 05:02 AM

I haven't gotten to make many of the weapons you have in Weapons Weekly just yet. But I will say that I'm quite pleased with what I have seen. I haven't come across a weapon that I have hated at all. No single weapon takes more then an hour to even make either. All of them look beautiful as well. I'm hoping the next issue will have perhaps double the amount of beauties in it. I truly can't wait to see what all else we'll be getting.

Until next time.~

Omega_Xanius.png

17ddgi.png

#5 Valor

Valor

Valorous

• Monarch
  • 3,874 posts
  • This is My Design

User's Awards

Posted 13 February 2011 - 11:28 AM

I'm shocked no one seems to care about his massive slant towards bladed weaponry. I guess there are a lot of like-minded people reading his words. That's good to know!

147.png

#6 Lexaeus

Lexaeus

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,713 posts
  • Naturally Hated by All

Posted 13 February 2011 - 04:01 PM

I'm shocked no one seems to care about his massive slant towards bladed weaponry. I guess there are a lot of like-minded people reading his words. That's good to know!

A little bias never killed anyone. Or did it? What do you think Weaponmaster Walter?

#7 Ralor

Ralor

Knight

• Knight
  • 781 posts
  • A Musical Madman

Posted 13 February 2011 - 04:12 PM

I do wish he would learn more about the wonders of Magick and Intelligence. But he was a very good informer otherwise. I do wish he would allow us to scan the weapons like in the Tomes of Crafting. And maybe the images should be more..... To-Scale?

Sig312.jpg

Im dum.

Shhhhh. It's okay. We understand.

3DS Friend Code: 5069-3989-9578
Nintendo Network ID: Niroji

Steam: Musical Madman

#8 Xanius

Xanius

The Omega

• Emperor
  • 3,525 posts
  • Awakening

User's Awards

Posted 17 February 2011 - 09:35 PM

Of course! Bladed Weaponry is so godlike. There isn't a thing anyone enjoys more then viciously cutting through enemies as if they were warm butter.

Omega_Xanius.png

17ddgi.png