#21 Valor

Valor

Valorous

• Monarch
  • 3,874 posts
  • This is My Design

User's Awards

Posted 29 April 2012 - 06:47 PM

Necromanced. I find myself playing this game a lot recently with my second character. Finally joined the Sunbro covenant and it's now my most favorite thing ever. Has anyone else besides D, Dion, and Q played this yet? If not, what are you waiting for? D:

147.png

#22 Dion

Dion

Knight

• Knight
  • 2,565 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 10:05 PM

People are too lame to appreciate games of this potential

...V HAS COME TO...

dQqhfU.gif

ngoahxS.jpg

#23 Valor

Valor

Valorous

• Monarch
  • 3,874 posts
  • This is My Design

User's Awards

Posted 30 April 2012 - 12:59 PM

Did you ever finish Dark Souls? o.o I never dabbled in the multiplayer my first playthrough but on my second I'm using it more and more. I'm still not a huge fan of people invading (always seem to be super powerful/one shots or do lame things like poison you off the bat) but cooperative taking down bosses is crazy fun. I fought Smough and Ornstein three + times yesterday. Twice helped out take them down and one for myself where I enlisted the aid of two others.

147.png

#24 Dion

Dion

Knight

• Knight
  • 2,565 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 12:01 PM

http://www.knightly-...box-360-a-2926/

^Can someone balete that thread

Also yeah, I never finished the game and am on my second attempt to do so. I have to say, I appreciate the game a lot more this time around. It might just be because I'm hard moding it. It seemed a lot easier than Demon's Souls before and now it's pretty difficult. Going for a STR/DEX/FAI build, tho. We need more activity here pl0x.

...V HAS COME TO...

dQqhfU.gif

ngoahxS.jpg

#25 Valor

Valor

Valorous

• Monarch
  • 3,874 posts
  • This is My Design

User's Awards

Posted 02 September 2012 - 01:25 PM

What exactly are your methods of hard moding? The game isn't too bad the second time through at all, really. I finished like I said a NG+ with one of my characters and it wasn't as harrowing as it seems. Made it a bit through NG++ but i have no reason to finish it again since I just did it for the achieves.

147.png

#26 Dion

Dion

Knight

• Knight
  • 2,565 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 01:28 PM

What exactly are your methods of hard moding? The game isn't too bad the second time through at all, really. I finished like I said a NG+ with one of my characters and it wasn't as harrowing as it seems. Made it a bit through NG++ but i have no reason to finish it again since I just did it for the achieves.

I'm playing at minimal levels and started with a Deprived characters. I level up as few times as possible and mostly only increase my endurance to increase equip loads. I have to double hand most weapons to even consider being able to use them. (Which means no shield). I haven't saved the guy that gives me pyromancy flame, so no Iron Flesh and hax magic spells. My stamina bar is just a tad longer than my HP bar. <___<

...V HAS COME TO...

dQqhfU.gif

ngoahxS.jpg

#27 Valor

Valor

Valorous

• Monarch
  • 3,874 posts
  • This is My Design

User's Awards

Posted 16 September 2012 - 04:07 PM

Since AotA is close and we were discussing characters, here are my two:

Ragnarok
Silver Knight Straight Sword + 5
Black Bow of Pharis + 9
Black Knight Shield + 4
Black Knight set +5
Gold-Hemmed Black Gloves (idk why)
Ring of Favor and Protection
Ring of Steel Protection

Soul Level: 92
Vitality: 25
Attunement: 12
Endurance: 33
Strength: 30
Dexterity: 26
Resistance: 24
Intelligence: 10
Faith: 14

Agrias

Divine Claymore + 10
Darkmoon Bow + 5
Grass Crest Shield + 5
Darkmoon Talisman

Elite Knight set +9 (Chest is +10)
Ring of Favor and Protection
Ring of Steel Protection

SL: 139
Vitality: 40
Attunement: 16
Endurance: 40
Strength: 24
Dexterity: 20
Resistance: 11
Intelligence: 20
Faith: 50

#28 qster

qster

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,216 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 05:40 PM

Working on a Dirk The Daring playthrough, alongside NG+ on my main. I'll post up the stats and stuff for the Dirk The Daring build once I'm done with it.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Posted Image

#29 Valor

Valor

Valorous

• Monarch
  • 3,874 posts
  • This is My Design

User's Awards

Posted 28 September 2012 - 05:59 PM

I'm debating either going with a ranger idea, a Solaire mold using the BB method like I discussed with D the other day, or I may go mega brawler and carry a massive greatsword and go straight up physical brawlfest when AotA hits and I has it.

147.png

#30 qster

qster

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,216 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 06:02 PM

I'm debating either going with a ranger idea, a Solaire mold using the BB method like I discussed with D the other day, or I may go mega brawler and carry a massive greatsword and go straight up physical brawlfest when AotA hits and I has it.

You can go punch things if you get enough dragon scales for the Path of the Dragon covenant. I'd like to see how that'd go, personally.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Posted Image

#31 Wynn

Wynn

Squire

• Squire
  • 695 posts

User's Awards

Posted 26 October 2012 - 10:01 PM

Bump, because new content was recently added for consolebros.

So, currently have three characters on PC. One's going for Path of the Dragon covenant, other is gonna be Forest Hunter that focuses on DEX/FAI and last one is INT character.

Don't have final builds yet and playing all three simultaneously so this will take a while. Also, I'm installing a mod that turns Elite Knight Armor set into this:

Spoiler

DHHIpKN.png

#32 Dion

Dion

Knight

• Knight
  • 2,565 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 10:05 PM

pretty sweet looking mod, besides the fact that the sun is all messed up. o.o

...V HAS COME TO...

dQqhfU.gif

ngoahxS.jpg

#33 qster

qster

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,216 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 10:08 PM

Bump, because new content was recently added for consolebros.

So, currently have three characters on PC. One's going for Path of the Dragon covenant, other is gonna be Forest Hunter that focuses on DEX/FAI and last one is INT character.

Don't have final builds yet and playing all three simultaneously so this will take a while. Also, I'm installing a mod that turns Elite Knight Armor set into this:

Spoiler

Looks pretty awesome, ngl.

Anyway, I got the DLC, but I can't access it since I'm trying to kill the Four Kings so I can see Kaathe to discover the Darkwraiths. Half-tempted just to jump into the hole that Fraamp went down when I hit him and just place the Lordvessel.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Posted Image

#34 Wynn

Wynn

Squire

• Squire
  • 695 posts

User's Awards

Posted 26 October 2012 - 10:08 PM

Good eye, though it still gets the point across :v

Also, Blighttown is a horrifying place filled with horrible people.

DHHIpKN.png

#35 Dion

Dion

Knight

• Knight
  • 2,565 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 10:09 PM

blighttown is less scary with spider shield and fire weapons o.o

...V HAS COME TO...

dQqhfU.gif

ngoahxS.jpg

#36 qster

qster

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,216 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 10:17 PM

The scariest part of Blighttown is the huge framerate drops. Doesn't help at all. Hardest area in the entire game since it is a pain to navigate.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Posted Image

#37 Dion

Dion

Knight

• Knight
  • 2,565 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 10:19 PM

The scariest part of Blighttown is the huge framerate drops. Doesn't help at all. Hardest area in the entire game since it is a pain to navigate.

i hated the great hollow and all the basilisks, so im gonna say that was hardest for me. o.o

...V HAS COME TO...

dQqhfU.gif

ngoahxS.jpg

#38 Wynn

Wynn

Squire

• Squire
  • 695 posts

User's Awards

Posted 26 October 2012 - 10:19 PM

Better equipment doesn't change the fact that Blighttown is stupid.

DHHIpKN.png

#39 Dion

Dion

Knight

• Knight
  • 2,565 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 10:20 PM

Better equipment doesn't change the fact that Blighttown is stupid.

true enough. it was still an interesting area. i enjoyed it.

...V HAS COME TO...

dQqhfU.gif

ngoahxS.jpg

#40 Valor

Valor

Valorous

• Monarch
  • 3,874 posts
  • This is My Design

User's Awards

Posted 26 October 2012 - 11:50 PM

No you didn't. You whined about it for like two days straight and I just laughed at you for not picking the skeleton key. On my NG+ or NG++ play I skipped like all of Blighttown and just took the backdoor in. Never fought Gaping Dragon on that play since I didn't need to. Made life much easier.

147.png