92 replies to this topic

#41 Wynn

Wynn

Squire

• Squire
  • 695 posts

User's Awards

Posted 26 October 2012 - 11:53 PM

I actually killed Gaping Dragon for the souls but I am not taking that standard route to Blighttown from the Depths. Luckily, I started with the Master Key for all 3.

Also, took a while to do it because I was using the Longbow. Didn't take damage during the fight though :v

DHHIpKN.png

#42 Valor

Valor

Valorous

• Monarch
  • 3,874 posts
  • This is My Design

User's Awards

Posted 27 October 2012 - 12:04 AM

Yeah, Master Key is probably the best gift to start with, I feel. The first time I fought Gaping Dragon he whooped my ass so hard and D was laughing at me struggling with him, since he's so damn easy. After that very first fight, I never had trouble with him after that. Getting hit by him is actually pretty difficult if you know what you're doing. ESPECIALLY if you keep your distance.

Longbow is also how I down Seathe most of the time. He's such a bish to attack headon.

147.png

#43 Wynn

Wynn

Squire

• Squire
  • 695 posts

User's Awards

Posted 01 November 2012 - 09:23 PM

Spoiler

Also, about to fight Oreos and Smores on my Path of the Dragon Covenant character. This will be fun :v

DHHIpKN.png

#44 qster

qster

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,216 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 10:05 AM

So I've been working on the Artorias of the Abyss DLC and I gotta say, it's well worth the $15 asking price. A couple new dark sorceries and a pyromancy, new armor set, and more lore. As of this writing, I've beaten 3/4 of the bosses.

Here's some stuff concerning the DLC that you might want to know:
Spoiler

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Posted Image

#45 Wynn

Wynn

Squire

• Squire
  • 695 posts

User's Awards

Posted 03 November 2012 - 01:41 PM

Here's some other things Q left out in his spoiler tag.

Spoiler

DHHIpKN.png

#46 Dion

Dion

Knight

• Knight
  • 2,565 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 10:52 AM

I'm picking up the DLC tonight, since I'm hoping to have finished AC3 by 4-5 today. The problem is, I haven't finished the game yet xD

...V HAS COME TO...

dQqhfU.gif

ngoahxS.jpg

#47 qster

qster

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,216 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 12:53 PM

I'm picking up the DLC tonight, since I'm hoping to have finished AC3 by 4-5 today. The problem is, I haven't finished the game yet xD

In order to access it, you'll have to at least be at Duke's Archives. I recommend waiting, otherwise you're going to get murdered since it is a bit tougher than the main game.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Posted Image

#48 Secret Felix

Secret Felix

Knight

• Knight
  • 823 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 07:21 PM

I just got this at BestBuy, since it finally dropped to $20. Is there anything I should know before I start a new game?
Posted Image

#49 Wynn

Wynn

Squire

• Squire
  • 695 posts

User's Awards

Posted 07 November 2012 - 07:25 PM

What platform are you playing on?

Also, Master Key is best starting gift.

DHHIpKN.png

#50 Secret Felix

Secret Felix

Knight

• Knight
  • 823 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 07:27 PM

Ps3. Is there some difference between versions?
Posted Image

#51 Wynn

Wynn

Squire

• Squire
  • 695 posts

User's Awards

Posted 07 November 2012 - 07:28 PM

You could have bought the PC version for the same price, with the DLC already included :v

PS3 has no hackers though. Guess that's a good tradeoff.

DHHIpKN.png

#52 Secret Felix

Secret Felix

Knight

• Knight
  • 823 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 07:31 PM

My compo can barely handle youtube videos, so that probably won't have worked out too well...

I also imagine this will be like my experience with skyrim, and I'll end up stopping before I finish the main story.
Posted Image

#53 Wynn

Wynn

Squire

• Squire
  • 695 posts

User's Awards

Posted 07 November 2012 - 07:33 PM

I'd say Dark Souls is more of an experience rather than a story. Miyazaki intentionally made the player character have little to no backstory so you can build upon it yourself.

Do share your experiences as you go along your adventure btw.

DHHIpKN.png

#54 Secret Felix

Secret Felix

Knight

• Knight
  • 823 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 07:35 PM

I've heard people die pretty often in this game. Would anyone want to place any bets on how often I die?

I'm going with twice.
Posted Image

#55 Wynn

Wynn

Squire

• Squire
  • 695 posts

User's Awards

Posted 07 November 2012 - 07:38 PM

Minimum of 5 times against the first boss.

DHHIpKN.png

#56 qster

qster

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,216 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 07:56 PM

Unless you are actively studying the attack patterns and studying your own movement speed, you're screwed even against the first boss. I'm saying at least 100 for the entire game, mainly with the Four Kings.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Posted Image

#57 Secret Igshar

Secret Igshar

Pwner of Noobs

• Monarch
  • 3,796 posts
  • your worst nightmare

User's Awards

Posted 07 November 2012 - 07:59 PM

That's a massive undershot. Unless the game gives out kill totals at the end of the game...

I know I died at least 10-15 times between the first and second bosses, running around that city place. Some were due to just falling off edges. Another 10 (in addition to the 10-15) were me jumping off these stairs because I really thought there was something down there. Val can vouch for that...

Also, I think Artemis will die 25 times before he finishes the first boss. *nod*

a5g7ld.gif

Kingroy: ( 4:40 PM - 02/10/14) u can't own black people

Kingroy: ( 4:40 PM - 02/10/14) #ThanksLincoln

#58 Valor

Valor

Valorous

• Monarch
  • 3,874 posts
  • This is My Design

User's Awards

Posted 08 November 2012 - 12:28 AM

Be careful, Artemis. If you die in the game, you die for reals.

147.png

#59 Dion

Dion

Knight

• Knight
  • 2,565 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 01:36 PM

U6uyuIQYlfY

Kind of surprised no one posted about this. The trailer shows a lot of promise, and looks to me that the series will be getting a pretty big lift as far as the story telling goes. O: Can't wait. >_<

/also, requesting the change of thread title to "Dark Souls Series", since it's more than one game now. :x

...V HAS COME TO...

dQqhfU.gif

ngoahxS.jpg

#60 Valor

Valor

Valorous

• Monarch
  • 3,874 posts
  • This is My Design

User's Awards

Posted 13 December 2012 - 02:06 PM

Begin Dark Souls 2 speculation?

Begin Dark Souls 2 speculation.

D and I were discussing this when the trailer premiered. We tossed around ideas of it being a side-quel to Dark Souls or maybe even a prequel of sorts.

It seems like Anor Londo is in one of the shots, and if it IS Anor Londo, then it means [spoiler=Dark Souls spoilers]it's during the time that the gods still inhabited the city, or it's still under Gwyndolin's illusions. [/spoiler]

My personal feeling is that if it's a sequel, it would be set after the chosen undead goes through the Age of Dark ending (imo the good ending of the game) since there are actually PEOPLE in this trailer.

Or maybe it's set in the realm of the living where humans live. The guys with the masks seem like they may be a form of a covenant. D suggested maybe Way of the White.

I just hope we stay out of Lodran, but at the same time I really do want to see cameos from some other Souls figures. They said that they revamped the multiplayer system, so who knows how that'll turn out.

It also seems like the game is going to be more... obvious about there being a story, which I'm kind of bleh about. I liked the whole shrouded in mystery sort of hint-based storytelling of the original, but if they want it to be more accessible, they'll likely try to make the story more centralized and focused on.

147.png