Photo
- - - - -

War of the Wolves (Challenge to Crimson Wolf)

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 qster

qster

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,216 posts

Posted 19 March 2011 - 11:55 PM

My Character: http://www.kingdom-g...hread.php?t=661

Battleground: Forest of Red Snow- A thick forest known for its dense, large amounts of vegetation, along with how peaceful it is in winter. However, the forest is known to be home to a monster, which is how it got its name.

The battlefield itself is in the heart of the forest, which has a small shack in the center, said to be the beast's home. The area around it is a 20 foot clearing surrounded by trees, another 20 foot clearing being nearby. The forest is currently in winter.

Rules: Try not to powerplay. Ex. Craters through entire mountains.
No godmodding/ taking control of the other character. Ex. Having my character walk into your character's fist without the chance to dodge.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The winter forest was tranquil, the simple breeze being the only sound other than the snapping of branches. The catalyst for such a sharp sound was Canis, breaking tree branches in order to be used as firewood to keep himself warm. His cloak blew in the breeze while he used his small stature in order to break branches off of any nearby trees, which he would carry back to a cabin he had nearby. Seeing as he had about fifteen piles larger than himself, Canis felt he had done enough work for the day.

He didn't even feel all that cold, despite the snow reaching well over his ankles. Instead of heading inside, he created a large pile of snow, jumping in and out of it like a happy child, his childish laughter filling the barren forest of winter. He hid in the large mound of snow, rolling around like the child he was. It was almost as if all of his worries were being melted away by the cold snow, his traumatizing past feeling as if it had never happened.

Edited by qster, 20 March 2011 - 12:08 AM.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Posted Image

#2 Crimson Wolf

Crimson Wolf

Page

• Page
  • 57 posts

Posted 20 March 2011 - 12:31 AM

(OOC: Aw, you're making me out to be the villain... I want to try to twist this around as rashly being attacked for thinking my character comes with intent to harm, and in this reaction leaves no choice but to act in self defense by fighting him off to not be the one taken down by him. >.>)

My Character: http://www.kingdom-g...read.php?t=1338

The cool, snowy forest felt very refreshing to Crimson, along with the gentle breeze that blew through the surrounding trees. He never seems to have the troubles of keeping from being very cold, and having a fondness for a nice breeze, the environment he found himself traveling in was perfect to him.

Suddenly, from what sounded as though to be not very much distance off, Crimson could hear the sound of branches snapping repeatedly. Hearing this, as it sounded like fairly loud, as though to be being caused by a creature of decent size, he began proceeding more cautiously, heading curiously in the direction of the sound.

Eventually he came to a point at which he could see a cabin a ways off, then a moment later he noticed...another wolf-like creature, like himself, appearing to be enjoying the winter snow.

"Another Ferfnir creature...? No, something seems different, he looks more like a werewolf..." Thinking out loud, Crimson almost cringed as his words echoed through the woods, this creature having likely heard it. Given his sudden appearance, he feared this may cause the werewolf to show hostility towards him, but when he truly had no intention of disturbing him enjoying the snow that had built up in the forest...

Posted Image

#3 qster

qster

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,216 posts

Posted 20 March 2011 - 01:27 PM

Canis heard the sound of the nearby snow crunching in the snow, along with a voice questioning what he was. Turning to the source of the voice, it looked to be a wolf, but standing upright and wearing a black jacket, which blended in with his black fur. He also wore a pair of black pants supported by a brown belt, the silver belt buckle glimmering from the sunlight that reflected off of the snow. On the left half of his body, there were strange patterns of red that were coated on his fur and skin, which left Canis feeling as if the man was familiar, but alien to him as well.

Canis walked up to the man, looking up and down his body in wonder, never seeing a beast such as him before. Seeing as how the man didn't look ready to attack, the man felt very approachable, which made Canis feel at ease, unlike if a regular human came to the forest.

"Excuse me, sir, but are you a werewolf other than me? I heard you mention something about a Ferf... something. Are you one of those things?" Canis asked, looking up at the man.

"He doesn't look to be a werewolf, so maybe he is one of those things he was talking about. I wonder why I've never heard of them. Is he one of the last ones left of his kind? Canis thought to himself, his hand on his chin.

"Oh, how rude of me not to introduce myself, sir. My name is Canis Lupis. Have you seen another one of my kind, a girl that looks like me? Her name is Aria Lupis and she is my sister. Have you possibly have met her? Do you know where she might be?"

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Posted Image

#4 Crimson Wolf

Crimson Wolf

Page

• Page
  • 57 posts

Posted 20 March 2011 - 01:51 PM

This werewolf, Canis Lupus, seemed to be rather curious of just what kind of species the very wolf-like being Crimson Wolf is, he was none too surprised that Canis was unaware of the existence of Crimson's species, as very few he met had known of his kind, the Ferfnir species.

"Can't say that I have, Canis, apologies for not being able to give you a more positive answer, but I have not met a werewolf by that name..." This werewolf was shorter than Crimson had suspected he would be from before he saw him, he had wondered if was even full grown yet, but didn't ask.

"As for my kind, there are others, however few have I met that knew of my species, I can only assume Ferfnir haven't always been around, or their existence should be much more well known. But then, that asks the question of how did they come to be, then? That, is something I do not know myself..."

Crimson crossed his arms as he finished speaking, then appeared to be in thought, likely considering how his kind could have come to be, then suddenly let out a sigh, able to see his breath from it in the frigid winter cold air.

Posted Image

#5 qster

qster

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,216 posts

Posted 20 March 2011 - 02:46 PM

Canis looked at the man, a bit puzzled about his philosophical answer to his question. It was like answering a question with a question to him, since his father never cared about philosophy, therefor it was never taught to him. Seeing as words wouldn't answer his questions, Canis pulled out his dagger and looked up to the man, giving him a curious look as he noticed the man deep in thought.

"Sir, I don't mean to sound rude or anything, but I would like to battle you. Just a minor spar, not a full out brawl or fight to the death. I also noticed you never mentioned your name, stranger. I would like to have the pleasure of knowing your name also, if you don't mind." Canis asked the man, jumping toward him with dagger in hand.

However, instead of blindly attacking him from the front, Canis summoned a clone beneath him, springing him up into the air. When he was high enough, he caught a high branch and swung himself above it, taking a seat on the perch. Seeing as how the man probably wouldn't expect it, he threw a handful of Senbon needles down towards the Ferfnir male, wondering if he would be able to dodge his clone and the needles.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Posted Image

#6 Crimson Wolf

Crimson Wolf

Page

• Page
  • 57 posts

Posted 20 March 2011 - 03:26 PM

Seeing as Canis was in front of him as he sprung up, when needles were coming down at him, he thought to move away from them, than to try and move past them over where Canis was.

Reacting just so, without even turning to change the direction he was facing, Crimson quickly leaped up only slightly, and away several feet mostly, some of the needles nearly grassing him.

After flipping to land back down on his feet, he looked up to Canis, then said "Hm, so I see you have some tricks up your sleeves. Pardon me, I had forgotten to properly introduce myself, the name is Crimson Wolf. Though it would feel odd to attack you now, it would seem you give little choice but to carry on with this little spar."

Now that all the needles had come down, he rushed forward until he was just a short distance from being directly below the branch Canis was on, then leaping up at it while keeping all of his forward momentum going, he thrashed it with his claws and caused it to break.

"My clothing conceals no needles or other weapons, so I will have to close any distance to strike. Consider that a friendly bit of insight, something to keep in mind. I don't mind making this harder on myself."

Posted Image

#7 qster

qster

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,216 posts

Posted 20 March 2011 - 04:09 PM

Canis felt the branch underneath him snap, the man who later revealed himself as Crimson Wolf thrashed at it with his claws. Feeling a slight feeling of panic, Canis grabbed onto the trunk of the tree, his small claws ripping off pieces of bark from the tree as he made his slowing descent. Finally on the ground, he looked up at the tree, seeing distinct lines carved into the tree, looking at his sap covered claws. Turning around to Crimson, he felt a little bad for having weapons, since he was fighting bare handed, but he had an obvious strength advantage.

"Thanks for the tip, Mr. Crimson. I'll try to use it in the best way I can while trying to remain fair to you. Thank you for revealing that secret to me." Canis smiled, bowing respectfully toward Crimson, reentering his offensive stance.

Running towards Crimson, he kept faking a left and right jump to the side, trying to confuse his opponent. When he was within a couple of feet in Crimson's range, he dove for the ground, sliding between the man's legs while forming a clone in his place where he was previously. He got up from his snowy slide and leaped towards Crimson's backside, ready to latch on and try to push him onto the ground.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Posted Image

#8 Crimson Wolf

Crimson Wolf

Page

• Page
  • 57 posts

Posted 20 March 2011 - 04:58 PM

"I know you like the snow, but it isn't quite the best time to be going for a slide. Heh..." Crimson remarked, as he waited for the sound of Canis's charging footsteps to get louder as he drew closer, then once he heard him leaping from the ground, he dropped down to the ground, and took a swipe at his torso with his claws as he proceeded to use that momentum created to roll to the left when his opponent was directly over him.

"Hm, you are quick, as expected, but surprise attacks are more than a little difficult with the noise of each footstep in this snow... To put it positively for you, I shouldn't be able to sneak up on you effectively." he stated, remaining in a relatively relaxed position for a fight, but he would react quickly, and could run fast with little time or distance required to pick up that speed.

Posted Image

#9 qster

qster

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,216 posts

Posted 20 March 2011 - 07:28 PM

Canis nodded at Crimson's advice, holding his stomach after having Crimson's claws cut him as he missed. Looking down and removing his hand, he watched as his blood dripped onto the pure white snow, leaving him in a terrorized state. He turned away from Crimson, taking his dagger and cutting off a piece of the bottom of his cloak, removing it from the bottom of his cloak and taking out a needle. Taking the thread and needle, he sewed up his wound, the cuts completely sealed up, but like the rest of his body, he now had another scar to match it.

"I'm sorry, just... had to clean up a bit. Anyway, you are pretty fast yourself, much faster than me. What is it that makes you so fast and strong?" Canis asked, sprinting towards Crimson again.

Instead, he jumped to his left, throwing a bunch of senbon needles at him again. Canis smiled as he continued jumping around Crimson, continuing to throw handfuls upon handfuls of needles at him. After throwing a total of ten handfuls at Crimson, he attempted to leap on his back again, but this time jumping off of his back, jumping high into the air.

"Ryukin, Shooting Star!" Canis shouted into the air.

He quickly flipped to a headfirst position, along with a group of twenty clones that surrounded him. Each of them held their fists forward as they descended from the sky, ready to make impact with Crimson's body. Canis, however, switched into a cannonball position, flipping around his body and trying to aim towards Crimson.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Posted Image

#10 Crimson Wolf

Crimson Wolf

Page

• Page
  • 57 posts

Posted 20 March 2011 - 07:51 PM

Don't think I can dodge everything this time... Crimson had thought to himself as he prepared himself to dodge the oncoming needles as they approached, but as there were so many, a few managed to stick into him, even though he dodged most.

"Ngh...don't suppose you have enough of those needles on you, do you?" Crimson looked over to the few needles that he had stuck into him, then looked up at Canis, before beginning to remove some of them and pin a few of them between the fingers of his paws, fanning out his fingers and pulling them out from the tip.

Quickly, rather than even attempting to dodge the attack to come, likely to almost certainly just have one of them make direct impact with him unbraced for attack, he took a defensive, guarding stance.

He faced Canis, placing his left foot back a bit along with his leg, bending his right leg slightly, and lowering his head with his arms crossed over it, that had the needles previously stuck in him facing out from some of the fingers of his paws in an attempt for it to sting the attacker on impact.

Posted Image

#11 qster

qster

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,216 posts

Posted 20 March 2011 - 08:18 PM

Canis looked at Crimson on the ground, the man's hands above his head in a defensive manner. At first, he thought it was a very unintelligent move on Crimson's part, but upon further inspection, he noticed some of his needles in Crimson's paws, acting as a spike shield. Seeing as it was too late to redirect his attack, Canis moved slightly to the side, extending his feet in order to springboard off of Crimson instead of attacking him.

His body refused to cooperate, so his feet, instead of trying to springboard off of him, the needles went deep into his feet, causing him to scream in pain. He fell to Crimson's back, wrapping his arms and legs around him, dropping down on his back instead of his feet to prevent further pain. The needles in his feet were deep in many places on his feet, which a good portion of the needles were red with his own blood. There was no way he could sew up the wounds, so he would have to have the snow act as a way to suppress the swelling so it would heal on its own.

"Well, I've learned my lesson not to attack first. How about you attack me for once? I want to see how fast and powerful you can be." Canis suggested, jumping back and taking a defensive stance.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Posted Image

#12 Crimson Wolf

Crimson Wolf

Page

• Page
  • 57 posts

Posted 20 March 2011 - 08:49 PM

Crimson felt somewhat bad for what he considered to be something of a sneaky, cheap shot at him, but he just tried to cover that up with a joke. "So I see I was finally able to get the point through to you."

He finally entered a more offensive stance, although his attacks are best against slower targets, as they would barely even have a chance to move away from it, but Canis wasn't the least be slow of speed.

"I can't multiply into a bunch of myself, so don't expect anything too fancy." Crimson announced, just before he darted backwards with a quick jump back to distance himself from Canis more.

Shortly after, he began a charge at him, making a long leap into the air, the lowest part of him being some six feet off of the ground, heading for right over his opponent's head, and attempting to slash at the back of it.

But seeing as the targeted area could potentially be quite deadly, he swiped at it with his claws putting something less than his full strength into it, afterwards not having quite a perfect landing, ending up sliding a short distance through the snow on his backside.

Edited by Crimson Wolf, 20 March 2011 - 08:52 PM.

Posted Image

#13 qster

qster

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,216 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 04:13 PM

Canis watched as Crimson lunged his way, bounding off of the white earth about six feet off of the ground. Canis jumped to his right, Crimson's attack scratching the surface of his left shoulder, but luckily not cutting through his skin. Rolling to the ground, he looked up to see the snow around Crimson come up from the impact. Taking the opportunity to counter, Canis sprinted toward him, his palms held together as he prepared another grouping of clones.

"I wonder if you will be able to dodge this little attack of mine! Pin-Cushion, Needle Storm!" Canis shouted.

Canis summoned a grouping of twenty clones around Crimson, all armed with what seemed to be a handful of needles per hand. Before he would even be able to blink, Canis was launched into the sky above his opponent, senbon needles armed and ready to be thrown. When he was directly above Crimson, he threw the needles, his army of clones followed suit, their attacks seeming as if they had happened simultaneously. He landed behind the circle of clones, looking behind to his opponent as the needles were sure to leave their mark.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Posted Image

#14 Crimson Wolf

Crimson Wolf

Page

• Page
  • 57 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 04:54 PM

(OOC: God I hate clones, how does he do that? I'm never making a character that can do a thing like that, seems cruel to another RPer in any battle like this...)

Crimson Wolf, after scrambling unsuccessfully to get up from the deep snow, as the needles were fast approaching, he did what he could from his position to avoid some of them, but a good number would likely strike him in one area or another.

Before the needles reached him, he started to roll directly forward past quite a few of them, but countless stuck into him, and at the point during his roll that it was at at the time, they all struck his tail and rear, causing him to let out a loud yelp, followed by some pained whimpering.

"Damn in, my tail...!" Crimson exclaimed in some deal of distress, proceeding to remove needles from his tail and his...behind, unable to keep from letting out more whimpering as the needles were getting pulled out.

"Those clones...they honestly get very old... How can you even do that? I didn't agree to fighting a small army by myself, you know... And with all those needles, you may as well be a giant porcupine, Canis..." Whining was not very characteristic of Crimson, but right now his behind and his tail were stinging something mean from the unavoidable amount of needles that just got thrown at him a mere moment ago.

Posted Image

#15 qster

qster

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,216 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 08:22 PM

OOC: Well, he is fairly weak, so I have to make up for that somehow, right? I can't just let people be able to destroy him with little trouble. There has to be some kind of catch, otherwise he would be very easy to beat.

"Oh, I didn't mean to hurt you that much! I honestly thought they would miss or not even hurt you that much! I'm so sorry!" Canis sobbed, feeling bad for hurting the man.

Running over to Crimson, Canis tried his best to remove the needles from Crimson's backside, pulling out as many as he could in the shortest time possible. In a matter of seconds, Canis was able to remove the rest of the needles with little to no pain to Crimson, the needles halfway covered in blood after being pulled deep from within his body. After he removed the bloody senbon needles from Crimson's body, he gave the man a hug, trying to show that he was sorry for what he did. After a couple moments of hugging, he decided to tell Crimson of how he learned how to use his Ryukin ability.

"My late master, the sage known as Saleh, was the man who taught me how to use this blade. He was also the brave man who taught me how to summon those clones. He even defended me as my father's forces came and struck him down to the grave. May he forever rest in peace." Canis explained, trying not to cry at the memory of his late master's death.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Posted Image

#16 Crimson Wolf

Crimson Wolf

Page

• Page
  • 57 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 02:14 AM

(OOC: ...Sorry about the whining, but it really hurts... Hm? Oh, right, this is supposed to be an out of character comment. xP)

Crimson Wolf listened carefully to the words Canis spoke, and as he finished, he lowered his head down, facing the snow near his feet as he closed his eyes, and had felt sorry for Canis, having lost someone that was very important to him in the past, his late master...

"...I am sorry about what happened to your late master, Canis... I know of that kind of suffering all too well, as I have lost nearly two entire families, but for my healthy sister, the only family I have left..." Crimson said, then proceeding to gently sit down on the snow, hoping it would help suppress the pain he was still feeling.

He remained silent for the moment, head still lowered down and eyes closed, looking as if he was either resting, or sad, it was difficult to tell which. Crimson stayed this way, but keeping an ear open for when Canis may say something to him, whatever it may be about...

Posted Image

#17 qster

qster

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,216 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 07:22 PM

"My sister is the only family I have left as well, except for... the one man in this world I want to kill above all else. I just hope I'm able to find my sister someday, the sooner the better. Well, how about we get back to our match, all right?" Canis replied, getting up from the ground.

Before Crimson had the chance to stand up, Canis tackled him to the ground, shoving him into the snow. Laughing, Canis jumped onto Crimson's chest, laying on top of him to try to keep him down. Picking up some snow, he formed the white substance into a sphere, running away and throwing the snowy sphere at Crimson.

"I bet you can't catch me! Come on! Try and get me, you old man!" Canis laughed, looking back to Crimson while running in the opposite direction from him.

Canis looked around for a place to hide from Crimson, hoping to surprise him with an attack from behind. Now in front of the small cabin he called home, he formed another clone of himself, hands linked together to boost him up onto the roof. Pointing the clone towards the large mound of snow he jumped in earlier, the clone nodded its head, laying in the pile while he remained on the roof, laying down to keep himself from being seen.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Posted Image

#18 Crimson Wolf

Crimson Wolf

Page

• Page
  • 57 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 08:10 PM

(OOC: minimal powerplaying (I think that is what it is called) there, but I'll let it slide. :P)

Getting up from the snow, spitting some out of his mouth, he looked around, and stayed mindful of any possible set ups he might have to surprise attack him as he looked for him.

Remember, large mounds are suspicious, and keep an eye on trees... Crimson continued with thoughts along these lines as he proceeded cautiously towards the cabin while avoiding any large mounds of snow, seeming a likely place for him to head to, being the biggest thing around that he could use for hiding purposes.

Crimson Wolf stayed low, and tried to move quietly, for what little good it could possibly do in this snow, always keeping an eye on the environment, his surroundings.

Canis's clones had Crimson slightly paranoid, and he didn't put anything past him, for all he knew he could have one or even two clones inside of each large mound of snow around the area.

Moving around to the back of the cabin, he went along looking up to the roof, as he thought I've seen those clones get him up to heights he couldn't normally reach, he probably made use of that again...

Sure enough he spotted Canis on the roof of the cabin. But, he couldn't get up there and get good leverage for a meaningful strike, so instead he jumped up just enough to tap him, saying "Tag, down here." as he did so, afterward moving stealthily sideways under the roof's edge, moving to the right side of the cabin, then stayed put to remain there in waiting for him to come into sight.

Edited by Crimson Wolf, 22 March 2011 - 08:17 PM.

Posted Image

#19 qster

qster

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,216 posts

Posted 23 March 2011 - 07:37 PM

Canis felt Crimson tap his side, then drop back down to the earth below, moving out of Canis' range of sight. Seeing as it could possibly be a trap, Canis commanded the clone that was hidden in a mound of snow, having it scout out the area around the house. The clone within a matter of minutes discovered Crimson was against the house, waiting for him to come down.

Canis walked over to the edge where the clone told him Crimson was, seeing him directly below him. Sitting on his knees, he lowered himself until he was directly above Crimson, tapping him on the head. Dropping down, he landed on Crimson's shoulders, Canis' legs wrapping around Crimson's shoulders as he steered Crimson by pulling on his ears. He pressed his body weight forward, trying to force him to the ground while holding onto his ears, steering him towards the cold snow.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Posted Image

#20 Crimson Wolf

Crimson Wolf

Page

• Page
  • 57 posts

Posted 23 March 2011 - 08:46 PM

Crimson grimaced as Canis dropped down onto his shoulders, and thought him quite the dirty fighter.

"Let go, or I'll make you regret it!"

Canis's strength was surpassable, if he was simply trying to weigh him down, he could easily rise and fling him back into the side of the cabin, but he had a hold of his ears, and it would just result in a firm tug on them.

"First my tail, now my ears!? Grrrrr..." Crimson, more than a little irritated by his tactics, violently forced himself down on such an angle Canis would be the one to take the crash, then he fiercely stuck his sharp claws into his arms.

"You ready to let go now? Anger draws out only more strength from within me, it is unwise to test me with your dirty tricks, Canis, I..I really don't want you to have to come away from this encounter seriously injured for some time to come, and should you find your sister very soon, neither one of you deserve to have to be meeting with yourself needlessly in bad condition..."

He had shown some sympathy, if one could quite call it that under the circumstances, as he was sure his claws in Canis's arms would cause a considerable amount of pain.

"Outside of fighting, you seem to be nice, just because I find "sparring" with you to be torturous, I don't want to end up getting carried away and taking it so seriously that I..do something I regret... The number of battles I have had truly has become unhealthy mentally, if nothing else..."

Edited by Crimson Wolf, 23 March 2011 - 10:37 PM.

Posted Image