#1 Valor

Valor

Valorous

• Monarch
  • 3,874 posts
  • This is My Design

User's Awards

Posted 23 March 2011 - 07:05 PM

"People of Aequitas. Our friends from around the world who have tuned in today. We have suffered a terrible loss." an old man with a wrinkled brow spoke before a tall podium. His hands were clasped and resting at his chest as the microphones surrounding him buzzed a bit during his brief moment of silence. Cameras were pointing towards him, brilliant lights illuminating and blinding his eyes because his thin rimmed spectacles. He wiped a bead of sweat from his brow.

"Octavius Roswald has been found dead. The world has lost a hero, that much is for certain. He was a kind man who was always willing to lend a helping hand when in need. This city scorned him at first, we laughed at his extravagant outfit, and today we mourn his passing. He meant a great deal to us all. He was the guardian of Aequitas, and today our borders don't feel as secure as they had been just the other day."

A few shouts from the crowd demanded the name of the culprit responsible. The man held up his hand to quiet the growing rabble.

"A group identifying themselves as the Cardinal Vice have claimed responsibility for the heinous crime. Our finest officers are hard are work seeing that these rogues will be brought to justice. We can only request the aid of the heroes of this fine city as well. If anyone has any information on the Cardinal Vice organization, we would request you to let our police know. Thank you."

Reporters clamored into their microphones, urging for the mayor of the city to answer their pleas, but Mayor Stanley quickly disappeared behind his burly men outfitted in elegant looking suits and tinted glasses. He loosened his tie and cursed as he descended into the privacy of the street leading to the capitol building.

A loud explosion behind him jarred his thoughts, and soon his security was ushering him quicker to the capitol. He took a look over his shoulder to see a man standing on the stage where he had stood just moments before. He pushed himself free of their strong grip, hollering for them to wait.

The dust settled amidst screams as a tall lanky man slowly came into view. He wore a tall top hat and carried a long slender cane at his hip. A thin beard covered his chin, and his narrow brown eyes were sparkling with delight beneath bushy black eyebrows. He wore a perfectly pressed black pin stripe suit on top of a brilliant blue dress shit and stark white tie. His hands were covered in white gloves, and his shoes were shined to a mirror-like finish.

He waited for the commotion to die down before speaking into the microphones as well.

"Greetings, Aequitas. My name is Gerald Grimsley. Most simply refer to me as Grim. You may call me Sir Grimsley."

He paused, flashing a wide smile to the cameras that showed pearl white teeth and two exceptionally sharp canine teeth.

"I am the founder of the Cardinal Vice. I'm sorry that you all are so affected by the loss of the Legionnaire, but I'm afraid that the old saying of the omelet and the eggs may or may not apply to this particular situation. He wished to make this city whole. Peaceful. Run by caped crusader vigilantes. I would have things a bit differently. It is most unfortunate you were all witness to the warning shot that was fired in the coming war of Aequitas. This, my dear citizens, is phase two."

Shots rang out from the police who were stationed nearby. Sir Grimsley flinched and fell over as the bullets struck him. The crowd stopped in stunned silence. Some chuckled at his cockiness. They soon stopped as the man lifted himself from the stage and dusted off his coat, clearing his throat.

He turned his hardened gaze on the police officer. The man's arm rose against his will until the muzzle of the gun was pressed to his own temple. Without a single moment of hesitation a shot rang out once more and the officer fell down dead.

"Now then. This is a warning to all of you caped menaces who parade yourselves as heroes. This city is no longer yours. We, the Cardinal Vice, will soon control all of Aequitas. I welcome... no... I encourage... you all to stop us."

With that, he kicked over the podium to the street. It splintered to pieces as another explosion rang out, blowing a chunk out of the foundation level of a nearby office building. It gave a resounding creak and wobbled in the gentle winds that surrounded the city. Grimsley vanished as the building rumbled and began to fall to the ground.

---

Grimsley slid into the open door of a stretch limousine. He stretched his legs out and flipped on the news, watching the building crumble in real time, wondering who would come to save the people trapped inside. He smiled to himself as the driver started the car and Grimsley pulled away, slipping away in the confusion and chaos.

Edited by Valor, 23 March 2011 - 07:08 PM.

#2 Blade

Blade

Administrator

• Monarch
  • 163 posts

Posted 23 March 2011 - 07:42 PM

Alexander was eating breakfast in his room, TV turned on as Bill was announcing the death of Octavius. Alexander picked up his fork to finish his pancakes, He lifted his fork close to his mouth but simply couldn't put the food in his mouth.

" Everything all right Master Love? "
Replied Drew, who was Alexander's butler for all his life. Alexander got out of his chair and walked over to his window.

" Octavius inspired me to become the hero that Aequitas needed me to be, Still suffering from my parent's death I simply wasn't in it, Having all this power given to me and not having the energy or motivation to help others killed me inside. I thought if I couldn't save my parent's what made me think I could save the people of Aequitas. Octavius made me realize that I couldn't save my parent's but that I could make a difference to others, Save other families and put the ones that harm them in prison. Now he's gone Drew.... he was a dear friend to me and we both know I don't have many of those... In fact Drew he was my only friend I ever had. "

Drew looked at Alexander as if he had never talked about someone like that, Alexander never showed emotion about anything.

" You can do something about it Master Love, You can avenge his death by putting the ones who killed him in prison "

As Alexander turned to face Drew the voice on the tv volume got louder.

" This is is Nikita Chiawa Channel 3 news, The building is collapsing and there seems to be no way out, The door is blocked and everyone seems to be panicking "

Drew turned to Alexander but he was already gone.

Alexander turned to his hero form as The Dark Knight, Pitch black steel armor he used his super speed to quickly get to the building. Alexander ran straight through the building, making a huge hole for everyone to get out of. As everyone was trying to get out the roof collapsed, with his super strength Alexander quickly grabbed and held on to the roof as everyone was trying to exit. The roof started shattering piece by piece and each piece got bigger, Alexander couldn't hold to the roof and save everybody...

a>

#3 qster

qster

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,216 posts

Posted 23 March 2011 - 08:40 PM

Allan watched the scene unfolding at the capitol building from the comfort of his own home, paying closer attention to the leader of the new Cardinal Vice group. His arrogance made Allan slam his fist against the small coffee table in front of him in anger, causing a spider web-like series of cracks to cover the surface of the expensive looking, glass table. Despite the damage done, his rock skin absorbed any damage that would make any regular human feel any harm. Rising up from the leather couch in the center of his mother's living room, he continued to the kitchen, consulting his mother for advice on what to do.

His mother's glowing, blond, curly locks was the first thing that Allan noticed as he entered his mother's favorite room in the entire house, his mom busy cleaning the dishes from their breakfast earlier that day. Hearing his thundering footsteps, she turned to her son, enveloping his large, tall frame in a warm hug, hearing how he slammed his hand against the coffee table in the room he emerged from. His durable, green backpack, which somehow managed to survive every battle he was in, laid tauntingly on the table, almost as if it was screaming for attention like a small child.

Donning his navy blue hoodie and cap, along with his sneakers that surprisingly fit, Allan took his backpack and left his mother with a kiss on the cheek. Allan already knew from her hug how she felt about the situation, that it was too dangerous, but he would still go anyway. If there was one thing he hated the most was anyone that could be a possible threat to his family. Walking down the street, he reached the road that was in front of the collapsing building.

Millions of bystanders stood there, gasping and screaming for someone to save the people inside the collapsing headquarters of the city. That was when The Dark Knight showed up, his pitch black armor zooming over Allan's head, forcing him to cover his head to keep his identity a secret in fear of getting more people hurt from the panic his simple appearance would cause. The hero lifted up a large piece of the ceiling of the building, people flooding out of it as if they were ants emerging from a drowning anthill. However, the piece began to crack, the large shard of ceiling beginning to break into several smaller shards.

Fearing for the people inside, Allan shoved the people out of his path, not to help the hero, but the people trapped inside. Many people ushered him to stop moving towards the situation, but Allan simply ignored them, determined to save the civilians that despised him. He walked next to the caped crusader, pulling his arm back and punching the breaking wall, causing the pieces to disperse in a large shock wave. Instead of caring to listen to the gratitude they falsely gave the hero, he continued to walk back into the crowd as if he had never even appeared.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Posted Image

#4 Secret Igshar

Secret Igshar

Pwner of Noobs

• Monarch
  • 3,796 posts
  • your worst nightmare

User's Awards

Posted 23 March 2011 - 11:56 PM

Jack sat hunched over, listening to the broadcast about Legionnaire's death as he tied his boots. It was a real shame that a supporter of heroes with such charisma and talent was dead. Jack shook his head as he contemplated what kind of person could have managed to take him down. He wondered if he would even be able to stand up to the murderers. The speech finished as he finished tying his second boot. His new costume overall was maybe a bit too blue, but he could live with it. He hopped up and moved to shut the television off when the camera shakily zoomed back in on the podium as a man he did not know took the stage.

Cardinal Vice. He's the leader? He pulled his gloves on and contemplated racing there. He decided against it, since he was so out of practice at current. He couldn't... The camera turned to show a man shoot himself seemingly at the bidding of this Grimsley character. How? Was that some sort of mind control? Jack had never heard of anyone with a mind controlling power that potent before. A simple look, and the man... How?

Grimsley went to his limo, but the camera quickly panned to a building which began falling. Jack wondered if Grimsley had another ability which caused explosions, but figured the explosives could have been set up beforehand. But... He pulled on his helmet and shut off the television. These certainly didn't seem like the type of people to set off destruction and then not stick around to watch. Jack figured that by heading there, he would be able to find some member of Cardinal Vice. Any information would be better than nothing.

Buzz. Buzz. Buzz.

His phone? He searched for it and flipped it open to see a text from Meg. Of course he saw the news. He sent her a quick text to let her know he'd be heading down to check it out and snapped the phone shut before dropping it down onto his couch. He grabbed his hockey stick and hurdled out his third-story window, plummeting toward the ground without fear. He corrected his fall immediately to a position with one knee down as he formed a bed of ice beneath his feet to slow his descent. He stopped falling just above the people walking below. Some looked up in awe. One snapped a photo just before he exhaled and willed the small bed of ice to rocket off toward the scene of the incident as quickly as it would go.

He was still several blocks from the site, but he would push himself as hard as he could to get there. Hopefully nothing else would pull his attention from his destination. The first act of Frostbite had to be one befitting a true hero. He nodded and pushed himself to fly faster.

#5 Wynn

Wynn

Squire

• Squire
  • 695 posts

User's Awards

Posted 24 March 2011 - 01:19 AM

Charles was already in attendance at the Mayor's press conference, wanting to hear what the city government had to say about the death of such a prominent pioneer in super heroism. The mayor's words about Octavius seemed half-hearted to Charles, as if he was holding back a couple of details on how he really felt about The Legionnaire. Problems between the governing body and individuals who operate in a way that is different from standard protocol would obviously be bound to happen, of course. After all, this conference was more of an assurance to the public that the police was still active in its duty than it was to honor the fallen super hero.

The mayor revealed that an organization known as the Cardinal Vice was behind the murder. Charles walked away from the crowd after hearing that, wanting to contact his company's intelligence division if they had records of any organizations with that name. Before he could get in touch with them though, a commotion had already stirred up where the mayor was before. Gunshots were heard and chaos began to engulf the scene. As an explosion in a nearby building happened, Charles had patched through the operator of his company's intelligence division.

"Dispatch two Wing Binders and link up my S.V.F.D. with the local surveillance systems. I'm going in."

As Charles took off his sunglasses and donned the iconic silver mask, two things could be heard flying through the sky in immense speeds. The first was his package of Wing Binders, attaching themselves on to his power armor. The second was The Dark Knight, who was using his strength to prevent the building from crumbling down, prompting Charles to rush inside, using his Sticky-Clay Bazookas to provide temporary support on the collapsing foundation as well. He then urged for the people who were still capable of walking to get outside, dispatching his two Wing Binders on two separate floors to search for anyone injured as well.

#6 The Dream

The Dream

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,967 posts
  • ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Posted 24 March 2011 - 03:40 AM

In a bar not too far from where all the action was taking place, was the man known as Damien watching the screen on small tv that was broadcasting the same series of events. He smiled, watching everyone scream as an explosion sent everyone into panic. People began to disappear from the bar, seeing if they could run fast enough to get a glimpse of the action. Damien just smiled more before taking a sip of whiskey from his glass that was almost empty. He swallowed the remaining amount, and the tiny ice cube that was with it, feeling it melt as it went down his throat.

Getting up from his seat at the counter, he pulled out some money and payed the bar tender. The bar tender was washing a mug, as usual, while watching the tv screen with his mouth wide open. He noticed Damien only when he placed the money on the bench. With a greedy smile, he snatched the money off the bench and then looked at Damien with a frown, as usual.

"Finally leaving eh? Thank the holy man himself, I thought you'd never leave" he said putting the money under the counter, it was as if it disappeared when he brought his hand back out.

"Aren't you polite" Damien spoke but with a deep American accent, living in America changed his voice from sounding its exotic, and to many, sexy Spanish voice.

The bar tender spat on the ground behind the bar and then crossed his arms, focusing his attention to the tv screen instead. He was glad that Damien was leaving because he was there since they had opened, which was at eleven o’clock last night.

"You going to go and get a piece of the action" he asked, not averting his gaze from the small tv.

"Why else do you think I'm leaving? See ya around" Damien put his hands in his pocket and walked out of the bar, the bar tender not noticing kept talking as if Damien was there, his voice fading when Damien was out the door.

Looking down to where everything was probably taking place, he smiled once more and thought it'd be fun to watch everything. Sometimes, being a villain made Damien crueler than he really was, in the end though, he did let his heart get in the way sometimes. He walked down an alley way and looked around to see if anyone was there. He finished scanning the area and then took a bag hidden next to a dumpster.

Using his fire, he flew to the top of a building, landing with a big thump. He took off his clothes after verifying that no one was around. Grabbing his bag, he took out his costume and put it on. Placing his mask on his face, his costume was complete. Taking his other clothes, he stuffed them inside the bag and tossed it down from the building and watched it take its place from where he had taken it.

“Time to see what I’m missing” he spoke and as he did, a echoing metallic like voice came out due to his mask blocking some of the sound waves.

Damien bent down and little, charging some fire power before letting go and sent flying towards the site where everything was unfolding.

TheDreamEX.png

tumblr_n6lpksz2V81sfgfh0o1_500.gif

Gif not by me

A little one

#7 Valor

Valor

Valorous

• Monarch
  • 3,874 posts
  • This is My Design

User's Awards

Posted 24 March 2011 - 08:46 AM

"You lot sure don't waste any time." A voice rang out amidst the confusion. As people pored out of the building they slowly parted the way and ran faster from the approaching hulking figure. He slipped past the departing Stonewall, not even giving the man a glance.

Standing over six feet tall and built like a tank stepped forward a man clad in jet black armor crackling with electricity. Dangling from either wrist were two three foot black cords that resembled powerlines. He walked a bit hunched over due to a massive cylindrical structure attached to his back that appeared to have severe weight to it. His mask had a triangular golden visor, but that was all of his form that was seemingly visible. He lumbered towards the Dark Knight and the newly emerged CPU, his arms swinging at his sides.

The power lines attached to his wrist flared wildly, striking nearby people, shocking them with intense electricity. A few people who were struck quickly fell to the ground and convulsed painfully before their hearts stopped beating. The man didn't even appear to notice or care. He looked at the Dark Knight who was just relieved of holding the crumbling building up, but it was still in a precarious situation.

"Well well well. If it isn't the Dark Knight. Thought you only showed that ugly face of yours once the sun went down. Didn't expect to see you to be the one charging to the rescue."

His gaze flicked to CPU. His broad shoulders shrugged half heartedly, "I'm shocked to see you here. No matter."

He rose his arms to the side, the powerlines whipping about wildly as he finished his introduction, "The name's Livewire. Some say I have an electric personality."

He slumped over again, noticing neither seemed very impressed by his speech. He sighed, "No fun. No fun at all."

He swung an arm at the ceiling near the Dark Knight. The wire ripped through the stone like a hot knife through butter and cleaved the support the roof still had, which could cause it to collapse on The Dark Knight. He turned with surprising agility for his large form and swung his other power line at CPU, intending to strike him in the waist.

The lines were swung with tremendous force that would inflict minor damage on either of the armored heroes. The electricity, on the other hand, is something both way wish to avoid.

Edited by Valor, 24 March 2011 - 10:40 AM.

147.png

#8 Rose

Rose

Squire

• Squire
  • 362 posts

User's Awards

Posted 24 March 2011 - 09:52 AM

Jack rocked back in forth in the kitchen chair as Julia’s footsteps began to get louder and louder. His sister was finally up and it would be time for breakfast and another one of her little lessons on how he should do something with life, instead of working with his uncle.

Good Morning Jack, what do you want for breakfast today?

Nothing at all Julia just some orange would be fine
Jack said as he stopped rocking back and forth making a loud thud on the floor.

Is something wrong with you today? Seem kind of worked up

No its nothing, wait while your up can you turn on the news I need to check the weather.

Julia quickly made herself some scrambled eggs and back and poured Jacks Orange Juice before sitting down at the table near Jack and turning on the television. An urgent news bulletin was plastered on the bottom of the screen and the mayor himself was talking. Apparently the Legionnaire one of Aequitas greatest superheroes to ever exist was murdered a few days ago and this was the time for mourning.

Ahh he deserved it, I was sick and tired of hearing him complain about how superheroes should set an example and be kind to people.

How dare you say that Jack! The Legionnaire was a great man he promoted peace like your ass should be doing. Even if you didn’t like him you could show a little bit of sympathy for the man’s death you know?

Before Jack could even respond to his sister’s response the mayor moved from the pedestal he was on and a random man who claimed to have been the leader of Cardinal Vice, the organization that had killed the Legionnaire appeared. He quickly changed the whole tone of the crowd from pleas of revenge to a fear of the man before them. No one actually knew where this man came from and the Mayor himself was stunned to see him up there as well. As the man looked around the crowd he began to speak of his plans and how any superhero that wanted to stop him could try but they would all share the same fate as the Legionnaire soon enough. Apparently there were a new group of badasses in town and they really wanted the people of Aequitas to know.

I may have not been particularly fond of the Legionnaire of approve on the ideas he promoted, but for this Grimsley character to openly challenge all superheroes in Aequitas means he has a lot more up his sleeve then he is letting on.

So what are you saying Jack? Do you want to go fight this guy and show him the true powers of the people of Aequitas?

No not at all, I’m saying he took a personal shot at all of us and I feel disrespected, but I won’t act to rash though. There’s something about this man that just doesn’t seem right and I’m pretty sure there are plenty of other members who follow under this man.

Wait you’re not thinking…

Stop right there Julia look…

As the man finished talking the cops decided to react, shooting the man and watching his body drop. Sadly if it was that easy to kill a superhero or supervillian, then there would be no more in Aequitas. Grimsley quickly stood up, killing the police officer that had let out one of the shots and in light of the cops attacking him, Grimsley also destroyed a building close to the site most likely trying to pump up any superhero that wanted to save the people. This ploy would surely work on most of them.

OMG look all those people will die if we don’t help let’s go

DON’T ACT RASH JULIA! We do not fully know the situation and I’m sure that other superheroes would be there to help.

Does it matter? People lives are at stake and we need to help. With or without you I’m going, Julia stated as she stormed into her room to gather her costume.

I guess it can’t be helped Jack mumbled as he made his way to get his costume as well. With both of their costumes on Jack and Julia descended out of there 24th story window and flew towards the site. They could see the smoke rising from into the sky and knew if they didn’t get there quick a lot of lives would be lost.

A girl, she sits alone on a pitch black night, sad, as nights dark veil descends, but low, the moon nestles into the sky, silvery and full, banishing the dark once it came, when dawn breaks, the night of atonement quietly departs

Posted Image

I hate you more than Cole McGrath hates water.

In brightest day, in blackest night,
No evil shall escape my sight
Let those who worship evil's might,
Beware my power... Green Lantern's light!

Posted Image

#9 Secret Igshar

Secret Igshar

Pwner of Noobs

• Monarch
  • 3,796 posts
  • your worst nightmare

User's Awards

Posted 24 March 2011 - 10:41 AM

Come on come on come on...

Jack barreled through the sky, drawing ever closer to his destination. It wasn't long before he saw the building, already mostly destroyed, just ahead of him. A massive man stood before it, apparently taunting several heroes who had already come to the rescue. As he approached, he allowed his ice surfboard to crumble and shatter into pieces, eventually reducing it to nothing. He launched forward with his momentum and rolled forward, leaping after the roll to land shakily on his feet. He held his stick limply to the side as he strode up to Livewire with a swagger. The man crackled with electricity, and Frostbite knew he'd have his work cut out for him.

He was terrified as he approached the man from behind, but he let none of that show through as he simply waved his hand and said, "Oi, thunderbutt, mind telling me where Grimsley ran off to? I've got a few choice words for the asshole." He assumed the electrified behemoth would not answer his question and would merely attack, but he figured it would at least be worth a try to end this meeting peacefully. He made the somewhat large assumption that this man worked for Cardinal Vice, though given the circumstances he figured that to be a rather logical leap to make.

#10 Valor

Valor

Valorous

• Monarch
  • 3,874 posts
  • This is My Design

User's Awards

Posted 24 March 2011 - 10:49 AM

Livewire continued his spin after striking towards CPU and found himself face to face with... He blinked behind his mask, unsure of who this person was. He glanced at the hockey stick. He wondered if he was a civilian. He didn't care. These thought synapses fired in the blink of an eye.

"Sir Grimsley isn't interested in a small fry like you." He spat, a electric bolt leaping from his chest and slamming into Frostbite's, which would likely send him backwards a few feet. Livewire intended to kill the civilian, but Frostbite was no doubt made of tougher stuff. He turned his back on the hero and looked back at the issue at hand - taking out these two heroes and destroying the building, as per his orders.

147.png

#11 Blade

Blade

Administrator

• Monarch
  • 163 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 02:14 PM

The building collapsed on The Dark Knight as the electric figure slaughtered most of the civilians exiting the building. The Dark Knight quickly rose to his feet as he had no scratches on his armor. The Dark Knight noticed the electric cords dangling from his wrist.

" The fun times just keep on coming " thought Alexander to himself. He was unsure on how to defeat this enemy, He had more electricity to wipe out the whole building and Alexander knew he couldn't caught in his wires. Alexander brushed off the dust on his armor and decided to charge at the electric figure. Alexander sped towards him side to side with his incredible fast speed hoping the electric figure wouldn't be able to see what direction he was going in, Alexander's plan was to creep behind him and punch a hole through his chest. That surely would end him thought Alexander.

a>

#12 Wynn

Wynn

Squire

• Squire
  • 695 posts

User's Awards

Posted 24 March 2011 - 05:35 PM

As the electric charged rod rapidly approached Charles, his immediate reflexes prompted him to block it with the forearm piece of his armor. The impact shattered most of the piece and the electric current started to flow through but the cunning CPU was already prepared for this very situation.

"I'm sorry but I prefer not to get fried in a power suit again." said Charles as the forearm piece detached and fell on the ground, revealing the inner nano-fiber technology of his suit. After his initial incident with electricity, it was only natural for his equipment to have a built in counter mechanism against any incidents of similar situations. His Wing Binders then came to his side, still armed with a few rounds of Clay Bazooka mixture each. "Operator, make a backup of the field data these particular WBs have collected and have clean-up team on standby. It's gonna be messy."

The two Wing Binders then flew quickly towards Livewire, one of them dropping its bazooka armament for Charles while the other kept on firing at the gargantuan as it came closer. A beeping sound could be heard emitting from the two of them.

#13 Secret Igshar

Secret Igshar

Pwner of Noobs

• Monarch
  • 3,796 posts
  • your worst nightmare

User's Awards

Posted 24 March 2011 - 09:17 PM

Jack stumbled back after the concussive blow from the electricity jolted him. He dropped to one knee and clutched the broken shards of ice that hung off his chest. The skin around the impact point tingled slightly, but the electricity traveled too slowly for the amperage to cause any real damage. He righted himself as the man returned his attention to the other heroes. The Dark Knight proceeded to rush him while two small machines floated toward the man.

God damn, some heroes they were! Yeah, let's just KILL THE GUY. Jack slapped his hand to his helmet and quickly thought up a plan to incapacitate Livewire or to stop the two dimwits from killing the poor guy. He thought of just letting Livewire himself handle it and then... smiled. Livewire could handle the idiots on his own, with those electrical whips of his.

He took several steps back and examined Livewire's machinery as best he could. It all seemed combined with the man's body, leading Jack into thinking the man was a cyborg. His first thoughts for incapacitation led him to overloading, but the man used electricity. Doubtful electrical currents would really injure the man. The only other thing he could think of was to slow his electrical currents down enough to render them useless. That could be accomplished by... He smiled and nodded, getting a plan.

He waited for Livewire to handle the two simpletons before shouting, "Hey, bolts for brains, you gonna tell me where Grim ran off to yet or am I gonna have to freeze it outta you?" He would toss a solid chunk of ice at his back, likely striking the large structure on his back with a solid clunk, though the ice would cause no more damage than a minor dent, if even that much.

#14 Valor

Valor

Valorous

• Monarch
  • 3,874 posts
  • This is My Design

User's Awards

Posted 24 March 2011 - 10:03 PM

Livewire watched CPU fire back with his mounted weaponry. He had been well briefed on these. The clay bazookas were made for non lethal force, but it still wasn't something he was interested in. He took a moderate leap to the side, as his tendril made beeline for the machine, able to direct it with pinpoint control. He would attack its center mass and give it a nice shock as he would attempt to bat it away.

While his wire moved on its own, he watched The Dark Knight zoom towards him. He pulled back the tendrils quickly and sweep for The Dark Knight's knees. Once they would connect with something solid, in an instant they would wrap around his legs and help to bring him to a crashing halt before he could get up to top speed.

A chunk of ice bounced off his generator. He turned to see the biker still standing. An eyebrow cocked behind his mask, out of sight.

"Still alive? This became more trouble than it was worth."

He extended his fingers and doing his best Emperor impersonation he pushed his hands towards Frostbite as electricity leaped from each of his fingertips to strike the man in the chest.

147.png

#15 Blade

Blade

Administrator

• Monarch
  • 163 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 11:58 PM

The Dark Knight landed on his feet as he tripped on livewire's tendrils. At this time Livewire was focused on another enemy and gave The Dark Knight time to get up and generate some electric power to his thornbuster. The Dark Knight quickly laid his eyes on the other hero's.

" Were going to have to work together, He has to have a generator somewhere to control his electricity, I think I can destroy it by blowing him up with my thornbuster, Distract him while I go over to the next building and charge up to the power generator. "

The Dark Knight quickly ran over to the power generator and placed his hand onto it. Quickly electricity started to flow in his arm.

" Couple of minutes, I hope they can hang on "

a>

#16 Wynn

Wynn

Squire

• Squire
  • 695 posts

User's Awards

Posted 25 March 2011 - 12:18 AM

The impacted Wing Binder soon swiveled out of control, crashing into the other one. Both of them were still barely intact though undoubtedly inoperable. Charles then quickly started shooting at Livewire's general direction with the Clay Bazooka armament he had taken from one of the Wing Binders earlier, though he soon ran out of ammunition. Without much need of the weapon, he hurled it at the titan, aiming for his head before retreating into an alleyway.

With his temporary reprieve from the battle, Charles once again contacted his operator. "Prepare one more set of WBs for me. It won't be necessary to arm them. We've gathered enough data and the standard set of heroes are here to mop this mess up. Just be sure to extract what you can from the scene in regards to the SVFD project."

Charles knew from the beginning that there was little to no chance his actions would actually stop the bulking behemoth but this skirmish had proven how viable his power suit was at protecting people's lives. Specifically that of the one using it. With not much to do, he continued to press on away from the battle, not even having one drop of guilt to sweat away.

#17 Secret Igshar

Secret Igshar

Pwner of Noobs

• Monarch
  • 3,796 posts
  • your worst nightmare

User's Awards

Posted 25 March 2011 - 12:26 AM

The jolt again caught Jack by surprise, but his body adapted even more quickly to the sting this time than the last. He shook out the minor tingling feeling as the Dark Knight suggested they work together to power up his thornbuster. All Jack had ever heard of the thornbuster was its incredible penchant for murdering his opponents. Surely, the man did not intend Frostbite to sully his first showing out here with the murder of the only man nearby who could deliver some answers.

Jack laughed loud enough for Livewire to hear. He spat, "Well you certainly aren't the brightest bulb in the box. You try the same trick twice? Did you really expect it to work any better the second time, big shot?" He shook out his hands and even tossed his hockey stick aside. He tapped his chest twice with both hands when the brute turned to look at him. He taunted, "Come on, show me just how shocking you can really be!"

#18 Valor

Valor

Valorous

• Monarch
  • 3,874 posts
  • This is My Design

User's Awards

Posted 25 March 2011 - 12:41 AM

Livewire chuckled as CPU fired some more clay at him. "Oh I'm sooooo scared!" He laughed out loud. The clay slammed into his mask again and again. He blinked a few times. He couldn't see. He put his hands to his face to wipe it clear. His hands quickly became stuck to his mask. "The hell is this!?" he growled, trying to rip his hands from his face.

He heard the annoying biker again. He spun around and tore his hands from his face with a growl. He hunched over, as he needed to. "If you want, it, you got it!" He growled, flicking his wrists and shooting both tendrils towards the man's shoulders, hoping to grab him and shock him with every bit of excess juice he had in him, knowing that the Dark Knight would soon return with another helping of power.

147.png

#19 Blade

Blade

Administrator

• Monarch
  • 163 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 12:42 AM

The Dark Knight noticed CPU fleeing from the battle scene. His thornbuster wasn't charged up to it's full power He had to make a decision, wait for the thornbuster to charge all the way or let the other guy die in that building. The Dark Knight raised his hand away from the generator, His thornbuster wasn't even halfway charged but it had enough power to generate one shot, A small shot but still it could blow a hole through anything in its way, All they needed was a clear shot. The Dark Knight turned to face CPU fleeing from the scene.

" What a fucking coward, how dare you run, For your sake CPU you better pray I never lay eyes on you again. "

The Dark Knight rushed back to help the other guy. Hey, he shouted

" I need one clean shot to end him, We can't bring him down alive so we have to take him out, What do you think? "

a>

#20 Secret Igshar

Secret Igshar

Pwner of Noobs

• Monarch
  • 3,796 posts
  • your worst nightmare

User's Awards

Posted 25 March 2011 - 01:01 AM

He didn't expect both tendrils at once. They flew straight at him, shoulder-width apart. Thanks to his lithe figure, he was able to twist and slide in-between them just as they were about to contact his body. He twisted back to face him, standing between the tendrils as he quickly clenched his arms down around the both of them, holding them to his sides. The electricity began to course through him, but his already sub-zero body temperature kept that from having much effect outside of a mild tingling sensation at the contact points. He began by freezing his feet to the ground to root himself in place, lest Livewire attempt to move him.

He then began to supercool the tendrils, freezing them slowly as he stared down his assailant. The ice would then creep up along the tendrils, significantly hindering the amperage in the metal. The newly chilled temperature would also likely render the once flexible substance somewhat fragile. He held fast to his position as he demanded, "Tell me, was it Grimsley who killed Octavius? If not Grimsley, then who was it? Another lug like you from Cardinal Vice?" If Livewire refused to answer, Jack would accelerate the crawling ice and demand a name. He would hold true to his promise if he received no answers.

Just then, the Dark Knight returned, claiming they couldn't bring him down alive. Jack would simply roll his eyes behind his helmet, unseen by the Dark Knight. His attention would remain firmly on the task at hand.