#21 Valor

Valor

Valorous

• Monarch
  • 3,874 posts
  • This is My Design

User's Awards

Posted 25 March 2011 - 01:15 AM

Livewire looked at his tendrils. He tugged on them. No use. It felt hard to move them suddenly. He realized slowly what was going on. He ignored the question, "Oh ho! I didn't recognize you, Pops! What a shocker!"

He knew this was bad now. He gave another tug. Frostbite accelerated the freezing. Livewire began to panic a bit. He wasn't joking around. He tried to fire electricity from his armor to Frostbite, but it didn't seem to have any effect. He was defeated for the time being.

"As if I'd know any of that."
Livewire finally grumbled. "I'm not a part of Cardinal Vice. Only a few are full fledged members. He just gave me a few upgrades in return for me running this mission for him."

He looked to The Dark Knight. He looked back to Frostbite. "Sir Grimsley is probably heading back to the base right now. Before you ask, I have no idea where that is. Trust me... when he wants you..." he paused for dramatic effect.

"He'll find you."

147.png

#22 Secret Igshar

Secret Igshar

Pwner of Noobs

• Monarch
  • 3,796 posts
  • your worst nightmare

User's Awards

Posted 25 March 2011 - 01:29 AM

Frostbite stopped the freezing just short of Livewire's hands, encasing the entire length of wire in ice through and through. He shouted, "Dammit!" and slammed the wires to the ground, most likely causing them to shatter into an uncountably infinite array of miniscule shards. He waved to the Dark Knight and said, "Don't kill him, please." He then looked to Livewire and said, "The name's Frostbite, by the way. The Popsicle's long gone, now."

He turned his back on Livewire as he walked over to his hockey stick and kicked it up to his hand. He turned to face down the street, back toward home. It wasn't like he could do more here, now. Livewire was essentially defeated, the people in the building were primarily saved, and there was not a single damned lead on Cardinal Vice. He kicked a pebble with all his might, swearing loudly. A largely pointless excursion, to say the least.

#23 Blade

Blade

Administrator

• Monarch
  • 163 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 01:48 AM

The Dark Knight watched as the ice guy intimidated livewire, He listened but we didn't get much out of him, The only word's that kept replaying in Dark Knights head were

I have no idea where that is. Trust me... when he wants you...He'll find you."

" How is it possible that he'll know where to find us?, He must home enormous amount of resources, who the hell are we dealing with here frost? "

Dark Knight turned to face Livewire, A vertical box opened on his back, He reached his hand back to grab his katana. He took a few steps forward and turned his head back towards frost.

" What he did today was unacceptable, We wouldn't be able to hold him in prison. And I sure as hell won't let him walk out of here. The only punishment for his cruel behavior today is....death. "

The Dark Knight walked towards livewires back, He pointed the katana towards his neck, lifted his hands and with all his power threw his hands towards livewires neck...

a>

#24 Valor

Valor

Valorous

• Monarch
  • 3,874 posts
  • This is My Design

User's Awards

Posted 25 March 2011 - 02:06 AM

Livewire glanced at the armor clad figure. "You're dealing with Sir Grimsley. Are you that dense? He's a pretty powerful man." He looked to Pops, "And you said I'm not the brightest bulb in the box. This guy's burnt out."

The Dark Knight, apparently unaware that Livewire, though his tendrils lay smashed and useless on the ground (Grim would have his head for that one, he figured) was still anything but defeated.

As soon as The Dark Knight swung, Livewire ducked on instinct, feeling the blade enter his own personal electrical field. He saw the placement of the blade. It seemed to be moving as slow as molasses to Livewire at that instant. The Dark Knight's wildly powerful swing would likely throw himself off balance upon connecting with absolutely nothing. He turned in a flash and slammed his hands to The Dark Knight's body.

"I'd normally have a pun here. You ain't worth one."

His hands crackled. Bioelectricity raged through Livewire's hands and surged across The Dark Knight's body in a flash. He hooted in glee as the energy surged through him into his target. He knew The Dark Knight absorbed and channeled electricity. This was something organic. Not what he was used to. Not to mention he was already topped off to begin with charging his Thornbuster. Livewire wondered how much the man could take. He had been storing his own energy for days. Weeks. Grim's orders, you know. Wanted him at his peak. Grim anticipated this, somehow. Livewire wasn't sure how, but he was glad he listened. Once he had his fill of pumping the poor soul with all the energy he wanted. He knew that this wouldn't kill The Dark Knight. Far from it, really. Grim wanted them alive anyway. He threw his hands to the side. He looked back over his shoulder at Frostbite.

"See you soon, Pops."

He fired off two concussive blasts of electricity through the walls, slamming the support structures of the building. He rose his hands quickly above his head, the electricity following on instinct. Energy blasted through the roof of the twenty story building, sparking in the sky as the building was cleaved in half.

He took a step back, gave a half wave and headed back out through the hole the Dark Knight made upon his reckless entrance.

147.png

#25 Secret Igshar

Secret Igshar

Pwner of Noobs

• Monarch
  • 3,796 posts
  • your worst nightmare

User's Awards

Posted 25 March 2011 - 10:28 AM

"Eh?" he questioned, looking back when Livewire again called him Pops. The building was crumbling and collapsing around him. He saw the Dark Knight lying there, clearly still a little dazed from the massive voltage which had been pumped into him. He ran to him and would attempt to help the man out of the building as it collapsed to rubble behind them.

He tapped on his helmet several times with his hands and sighed, "Looks like this was a total failure. Livewire got away, the building crumbled, and we didn't even manage to save everyone." With Livewire gone, emergency vehicles and police officers swarmed the scene. They were wise enough not to get too close to the electrical behemoth earlier. He swung his stick out, lightly tapping it against the Dark Knight's chest in a feeble effort to halt his forward progress as he said, "Heroes don't kill their opponents. They incapacitate 'em and bring 'em in for the authorities to handle. I don't feel heroes have the right to take someone else's life. If they did that, they'd be no better than the bad guys they fight, no? If you don't believe that, see if you can name a villain the Legionnaire ever killed." He pulled the stick back and propped it up on his shoulders as he finished, "I'm gonna book it before the camera crews get here. I have some research to do." He trotted down the street at no extraordinary speed, heading toward home.

#26 Kingroy

Kingroy

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 12:06 PM

It seemed that everybody gathered outside to watch the infamous limousine roll down the street. It was already some distance away from the trouble it's passanger has done. Jaws were open, eyes were wide, and faces distorted into ugly positions. One man however wasn't frozen in shock. He appeared in the middle of the street with a black hoody that had a samurai design to it. He had a mask on, though you couldn't see it because of his hood. In his right hand he carried a plain bokken. The man began to take a swordsmen stance. As the car drew closer, the sterness of the man grew. Suddenly as if the man was waiting for the right moment, he moved. Around his bokken he summoned a fierce wind that twirled with power. It looked as if it was wrapped in a tornado. He then swing low, bringing his sword up releasing a burst of wind at the car. He hoped that it would stop the car by making it flip up .

[Today 07:02 PM] Kingroy: <.<
[Today 07:02 PM] Crimson Jazz: I know right!?!
[Today 07:02 PM] Kingroy: >.>
[Today 07:02 PM] Tengo Cash: Beiber is the man

Screw You ↑ You ↖ You ↗ You ↙ You → You ↓ You ↩ You ↪ You ↬ You ↫ You ↪ You ↩ You ↲ You ↯ You ↱ You ↰ You ↷ You ↳ You ↶ You ↴ You ↵ & You ↺

#27 The Dream

The Dream

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,967 posts
  • ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Posted 25 March 2011 - 02:43 PM

After a bit of flying, Burning Rage managed to land himself on a building where all the action had taken place. Looking around, he frowned seeing that everything was over. Lately when something exciting was happening, Burning Rage always ended up coming late. For the moment, he didn't really mind. Turning around, he bent down and then flew away from where everything took place. He flew towards the urban part of town.

The closer he he was to the town, the more the scenery started to change. Everything looked more grubby and dangerous, a place Burning Rage liked. He flew towards an apartment building and slowed down as he reached the metal balcony of one. He landed but then was thrown forward by a little bit because he still tried to land at a moderately fast speed. Burning Rage stopped himself from his head hitting the wall by putting his hands out. Pushing himself back and regaining balance, he walked through the sliding apartment door and took of his mask, becoming Damien again. Throwing it to the side, he lay down on his old and broken looking mattress and stared at the ceiling, think about what his next course of action would be.

TheDreamEX.png

tumblr_n6lpksz2V81sfgfh0o1_500.gif

Gif not by me

A little one

#28 Blade

Blade

Administrator

• Monarch
  • 163 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 03:12 PM

The Dark Knight fell back with smoke coming out of his armor, Dazed he noticed frost approaching him and giving him a lecture about good and evil. Dark Knight stayed down a while to collect his thoughts. When he got back up he turned to see Frost walking away, He looked down on his armor.

" No scratches hehe "

he couldn't help but chuckle.

" You have research to do? I have all the resources in the world kid, If anybody's going to take down the cardinal vice it's going to be me. "

Dark Knight heard the sirens and quickly left with his extremely fast speed.

a>

#29 Valor

Valor

Valorous

• Monarch
  • 3,874 posts
  • This is My Design

User's Awards

Posted 25 March 2011 - 03:23 PM

"Sir, it appears we have company." the driver said, slowing the car down as the hooded boy appeared before them. Grimsley's eyes remained on the tinted window.

"So uh... what should we do, jefe?"
A youthful voice said in the crowded passenger area.

Grimsley replied were a mere wave of his hand. His hand paused mid-air, becoming a fist. "Who is it?" he wondered, his dark eyes darting to a looming figure seated before him, his wide arms folded across his chest.

The front end of the limousine suddenly lifted off of the ground, causing it to do an impromptu wheelie for just a moment before it rocketed back to the ground and sat on its wheels peacefully.

"You are a gentleman, Maxwell."
Grimsley said, touching the brim of his hat.

Grimsley popped the door to the limousine and slid out, stealing a glance at an empty seat beside him.

He took a few steps into the otherwise empty street and stared across at the hooded boy.

"You nearly scratched the paint of my vehicle, ruffian. Identify yourself."
Grimsley demanded. The door to the car shut on its own.

#30 Kingroy

Kingroy

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 03:44 PM

The man stared, memorizing Grimsley's face. He made sure to keep his distance. Though it might be futile because of Grimsley's powers.

"You can call me the Samurai of the West. I would like to challenge you to a duel."
The man said.

He then summoned a wind and wrapped it around his body, creating a barrier. Picking up the light objects that littered the streets, the wind became powerful. He did the same with his bokken.

"Do you accept?" The man asked.

It seemed like a foolish idea. To make this gentleman duel. He doesn't even look like someone who will get down and dirty. Who wears shined shoes, and white gloves in a battle anyway?

Screw You ↑ You ↖ You ↗ You ↙ You → You ↓ You ↩ You ↪ You ↬ You ↫ You ↪ You ↩ You ↲ You ↯ You ↱ You ↰ You ↷ You ↳ You ↶ You ↴ You ↵ & You ↺

#31 Valor

Valor

Valorous

• Monarch
  • 3,874 posts
  • This is My Design

User's Awards

Posted 25 March 2011 - 04:13 PM

"I will do no such thing." Grimsley replied when told of the man's name.

Grimsley watched the display this "Samurai" demonstrated with a blank expression. He was offered a duel. He looked to his left, "If you can best my associate here, then I will accept your challenge, child." Grimsley said flatly, taking a step backwards. He put a hand to the brim of his hat to keep it in place amidst the winds.

Footsteps were heard and a man materialized out of thin air.

"Well, well, well. Looks like you like invisible shit too, eh? Sorry to say I'mma have to knock you down a peg, son."

The man looked... as regular as possible. Large deep blue jeans, work boots, and barely a shirt were all that this man wore... aside from his sunglasses, of course. His bald dome glistened in the sunlight. He patted his open palm with his fist a few times, the watch on his wrist rattling gently as it sparkled.

"They call me the Apparition. A bit fancy, if ya ask me, but I don't give no shits about names or anya that. I already killed one guy today."
the man said, placing his fingertips to his temple and pretending to blow his brains out before turning his finger-gun on the Samurai of the West.

"You wanna be numero dos or are you gonna vaminos, ese?"

Edited by Valor, 25 March 2011 - 04:17 PM.

147.png

#32 Kingroy

Kingroy

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 04:43 PM

"I didn't expect to fight someone else." The man said

The man then releases the barrier from his body making a intimidating gust. It knocked down a couple of bystanders. Taking a few seconds to answer, the man lowered his stance.

"I rather fight this new guy anyway. He seems more of a scrapper. You can leave sir. If I win though, please honor our deal and allow me to fight you." the man said.

He then points his bokken to the new opponent.

"Take me on." The man said.

He summons wind around himself and takes a defensive stance again. He eyes Grimsley, and then focuses on his current opponent with all his senses, including his sixth sense which allowed him to feel disturbances in the air. It was as if he almost went deaf to the rest of the world.

#33 Valor

Valor

Valorous

• Monarch
  • 3,874 posts
  • This is My Design

User's Awards

Posted 25 March 2011 - 04:52 PM

Grimsley folded his thin arms at his chest and shook his head, "I think not. I'd rather like to watch."

"Don't worry, jefe, this won't take long."
The man replied with a sneer.

"Bang!"
He called out suddenly, throwing his hand back as if from the recoil of a gun.

A brick sized invisible bit of energy raced towards the Samurai. He couldn't see it at all, but it was rocketing with extreme speed towards his chest. If it hit, it would knock the wind out of him before dissipating into ambient energy once more.

To the naked eye, it wouldn't appear as if anything of substance happened. The object would cause no wind, no sound, not even a thud when it may collide with the Samurai's chest.

147.png

#34 Kingroy

Kingroy

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 05:17 PM

The man watched his opponent. He noticed that his opponent had no guard. He leaped into the air as if he was lighter than he appeared. He didn't know that he just missed the attack that could've finished the battle. He made burst of wind that sent him flying towards his opponent. He pulled his sword behind his back, summoning more wind to the bokken. This time it looked as if the tornado effect grew in height.

"I guess I have to attack first!" The man said with a mighty roar.

He uses the wind to slow him down so that he can make his attack precise. He then swings his bokken down releasing another burst of wind. This time it was much larger. It seemed as if he was bringing down a miniature tornado onto the weaponless man.

#35 Valor

Valor

Valorous

• Monarch
  • 3,874 posts
  • This is My Design

User's Awards

Posted 25 March 2011 - 06:02 PM

Apparition glanced upwards at the Samurai as he attacked. He didn't move. Or did he? The Samurai's attack would connect with the image of the Apparition, but it would fade away as contact was made.

Apparition appeared behind him suddenly as if he just popped into existence. "Tan lento, hombre." He goaded with a smirk.

As the Samurai landed he would feel himself suddenly vault upwards again as an invisible force would push him back into the air. After a few moments another force would strike him in the direction from Apparition to the floating Samurai, smashing him in the chest if he would hit and sending him hurtling through the air in an arc.

Apparition's arms would remain folded at his chest, his smile never faltering for a moment

147.png

#36 Rose

Rose

Squire

• Squire
  • 362 posts

User's Awards

Posted 25 March 2011 - 08:28 PM

Jack and Julia continued to fly overhead surveying the ground beneath them. The spot of the big building collapse was some yards away so the people were all looking around shocked and confused. Taking a glance further down the road Jack spotted the man who called himself Grimsley the leader of Cardinal Vice, and what it seemed liked to be a battle between two super people.

Julia continue on to see the wreckage and casualties number, I have to check something out

Okay Jack don’t be long now

Julia continued on only towards the building while Jack flew slowly towards Grimsley and landed softly next to him.

Excuse, I’m sorry to intrude, but are you none other the Sir Grimsley the man who killed Legionnaire? If so I would like to ask you a few questions if you wouldn’t mind. In private though.

When Julia had finally reached the building she could see there would be no survivors. The building was completely destroyed and it seem like any superhero that was there already had made their way out. Only the cops remained trying to recover any victims that may have been caught in the dust that erupted from the building falling of debris that flew. She let out a slight sigh before turning around and making her way back to Jack.

A girl, she sits alone on a pitch black night, sad, as nights dark veil descends, but low, the moon nestles into the sky, silvery and full, banishing the dark once it came, when dawn breaks, the night of atonement quietly departs

Posted Image

I hate you more than Cole McGrath hates water.

In brightest day, in blackest night,
No evil shall escape my sight
Let those who worship evil's might,
Beware my power... Green Lantern's light!

Posted Image

#37 Kingroy

Kingroy

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 08:39 PM

The man was lost as to what happen. However he could sense a series of disturbances in his area's air.

"Maybe if I pay more attention I can understand what's going on and even evade these attacks." The man thought to himself.

He began to build another barrier of wind. He wanted to keep some defense on him. If the man were to come near him he would most likely get blown away, and he would be easier to sense.

"Instead of focusing on that...figure. My focus should be 360." The man thought while grabbing some stability.

He increased the wind resistance near his tricky opponent. Hopefully it could give him some insight. He descent to the ground with the help of air carefully. He couldn't tell if the smug look on the guy's face was meant to piss him off or just to look stupid.

He then dashed towards the man trying to close the distance. He was giving it all he had. His feet looked like they weren't even touching the ground. He then swung again releasing a weak burst of air at his target while he was still running. Not trying to repeat the battle he strengthen the barrier hoping that it wouldn't fail him. He began to fear.

#38 Valor

Valor

Valorous

• Monarch
  • 3,874 posts
  • This is My Design

User's Awards

Posted 25 March 2011 - 08:49 PM

Grimsley's eyes never met to Jack's as he approached and addressed him. "Spacelee. I wondered when you'd approach me. I don't recall ever being charged in the murder of the Legionnaire as of present. That's a wild accusation you're throwing. This is as private as you're going to get, Mr. Spacelee. If you have something to say to me..." Grimsley said in a slow, methodical manner.

His eyes settled upon the hero in his midst, "Then I suggest you say it."

He waved his hand as he watched this mask Samurai attempt to combat one of his better men, "However I should warn you now that though I respect you and your sister, we're not currently actively seeking new hires. You may be a tad too green for my tastes." Grimsley's stoic face betrayed him for a moment as he watched the events unfold before him, and loosed a tiny chuckle, "This may get messy."

Apparition threw his hands out to the side, "Hey, hey, whazzamatta'? Whachu can't see can't hurt you, no? 'Fraid not, mi amigo."

He held his hand out to the onrushing Samurai. The grin widened. A three foot wide invisible wall was erected just a foot away from the Apparition. He would stand there, beckoning the Samurai ever closer, not even one muscle of his was tense in trying to dodge. He watched a wind burst shoot towards him and snickered a bit, knowing he was completely safe from harm. Even if he managed to plow through the wall, he'd be much worse for the wear. It would feel as if he slammed into a cement wall.

#39 Kingroy

Kingroy

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 09:09 PM

In a instant. In a instant the man felt something flying towards him. It felt like a wall of force. He didn't know what it was, but he knew sticking around to physically feel the object wasn't going to help him. With another instant he moved out of the way. He barely dodged it. He looks toward the man now that he feels safe. He notices that he didn't try to dodge the attack.

"So this is one of your powers?" The man asked while knowing the answer.

He began to strengthen his barrier more. It was becoming very unstable, and larger. He caught debris in it such as coins, papers, and light material that you can find on your local sidewalks.

"Give me your best shot." The man said with more confidence.

He then closed his eyes and began to rely on his sixth sense. He could feel all of the objects that his barrier caught. If any invisible object came at him again he surely will be able to feel it as it entered his space. Now he was just standing there waiting on something.

#40 Valor

Valor

Valorous

• Monarch
  • 3,874 posts
  • This is My Design

User's Awards

Posted 25 March 2011 - 09:32 PM

"Oye, gringo, you best watch that moutha yers. Don't write no cheques your ass can't be cashin', tonto!" Apparition replied while covering his face with his forearms amidst the swirling winds. It was obvious the guy could control the power of wind. He wasn't shy about flaunting that power, definitely. He wasn't moving. Seemingly concentrating. Apparition was a little ticked off that so far his attacks and defenses haven't been working. This guy was no fun. No fun at all. He did enjoy toying with people who didn't know his power, but this guy was too cautious. Apparition shrugged.

"Believe it or not, chico, I didn't want it to come to this. Lo siento."
He didn't move a muscle. Twelve pillars of invisible energy erupted from the ground around the Samurai in the positions of numbers on a clock. At the same time they each converged on him at an angle, all were to meet where the man's head was currently located. Needless to say, if he didn't move, he was dead.