#1 Deadly-Dreamer-X

Deadly-Dreamer-X

Page

• Page
  • 237 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 09:37 AM

!! WARNING, MAY CONTAINS SPOILERS !!

This is the series of the Chrono RPG games that was
Developed by Square-Soft and later by TOSE, it was published by Square-Soft/Enix.

Chrono Trigger:

This is the first game released on SNES, the game is heavily based on the FF fighting system with the ATB, a time bar which designate the time of attack.

The simple 2D Sprite and rendered game made it's way as one of the most popular RPG of that time and eve later on. It was again re-released with Final Fantasy Chronicles (Final Fantasy II on SNES) for the Playstation.

Crono, the main protagonist of the game. He sets out on an time bending adventure in a magical world. From Balkan like forests, Post-futuristic era and other places.

Radical Dreamer:

This a non-direct sequel of Chrono Cross. it is a Text-Based RPG game played again on SNES, it is supposed to have some references on Chrono Trigger game.

Chrono Cross:

This is another sequel of the game released on Playstation, this is the first 3D of the game series. It sets few years later from Chrono Cross

Serge, the hero of Cross. Faces a lot of confusing and dreaded problems for him being existing.

He is the key behind of the nearing destruction of the world he lives in. Later becomes a dimensional travelers, traveling between the home world and the world he have been called into.

Chrono Brake/Break:

This project was set during the 2001, the project later stopped and abandoned by soft in 2003. Even by doing so, they still own the Title of Chrono Break/Brake.

Edited by Deadly-Dreamer-X, 26 January 2010 - 09:47 AM.

You don't exist

#2 Xanius

Xanius

The Omega

• Emperor
  • 3,525 posts
  • Awakening

User's Awards

Posted 11 February 2010 - 10:50 AM

Chrono Trigger. <3

It was one of my first RPGs. I still play it now actually. I've never managed to level all my characters to max though. :x I really do hope I play it soon again and do so.

I really haven't played much of the others. Chrono Cross was pretty interesting to me. I did like it, never really got far in it sadly. :/ Final Fantasy VIII and IX distracted me too much.

#3 Deadly-Dreamer-X

Deadly-Dreamer-X

Page

• Page
  • 237 posts

Posted 11 February 2010 - 11:32 AM

Heh! I 100% Cross.
But I played Trigger hard enough. But never finished it. I need my emulator. Wher eis it?
You don't exist

#4 Rubicante

Rubicante

Page

• Page
  • 235 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 07:16 PM

Absolutely love the series. I just finished up my copy of Chrono trigger DS and it made me go out and get a new copy of Chrono Cross which I've been playing for the past couple of days. Brought back so many memories also the battle system for Cross was pretty ingenious and complex.

#5 Blake

Blake

Page

• Page
  • 18 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 08:21 PM

Its weird, I've never heard of this lol.
Posted Image
Posted Image Posted Image
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace." - Jimi Hendrix
If you ever make your girlfriend mad, don't let your good girl go bad. Drop 5 stacks on that make up bag.
Smoke Weed

#6 Axel Ryman

Axel Ryman

Page

• Page
  • 136 posts

Posted 29 January 2011 - 02:20 PM

I love the Chrono series. The only thing I hate about Square when it comes to Chrono is them forcing the Resurrection project and the SNES rom hack to shut down. Honestly it was a stupid move. I managed to get the SNES rom hack which was...99% done I think? I've been meaning to play it but I've been a bit lazy. I miss playing the series though and every so often come back to it to remember why I love the game.

#7 Reservoir

Reservoir

Owner

• Emperor
  • 561 posts
  • Wrong choice.

User's Awards

Posted 20 December 2011 - 02:33 AM

Wow. I didn't realize that there were so many titles in the Chrono series... I only knew of Chrono Trigger and Chrono Cross.

I'm really not too familiar with the series myself. Xanius introduced me to it. A while back, he got an emulator and the ROM of Chrono Trigger. He set it up on his computer and also sent them to me so that we could play together. Computer issues and some other things came up before we got to play through the entire game, though. :/ It's sad. I miss playing it; I enjoyed it a lot. ROMs and emulators seem out of the question, but hopefully we can both get a copy for our handheld consoles so that we can play that way.
If Xanius would be interested in doing so, perhaps we'll play through the entire series when we have the opprotunity to do so. :3

Posted Image