• Please log in to reply
113 replies to this topic

#21 Secret Felix

Secret Felix

Knight

• Knight
  • 823 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 03:59 AM

It should be possible with a fair bit of work. Not sure If Ig would know how to do so but it would be really nice if it could be done. It would make sorting through things a bit easier for sure.

Last I heard from Iggy a sorting array was too complex to implement. So unless he's made some headway in coding, I doubt we'll see this happening.
Posted Image

#22 Xanius

Xanius

The Omega

• Emperor
  • 3,525 posts
  • Awakening

User's Awards

Posted 05 July 2011 - 04:02 AM

Damn, that sucks. I was hoping it could be done. It'd make things look so much prettier.

Omega_Xanius.png

17ddgi.png

#23 Secret Igshar

Secret Igshar

Pwner of Noobs

• Monarch
  • 3,796 posts
  • your worst nightmare

User's Awards

Posted 05 July 2011 - 09:55 AM

It's on my post-ch3 release to-do list alongside several other minor fixes that people have mentioned over the past little while.

My list is currently:
1. Hovertext for active spells telling how many turns remain in the spell.
2. Make Battle Logs scroll; don't delete old logs
3. Multi-target spells
4. Sort in-battle Tech list

To clarify, I tried to sort the tech list in general before, I never really tried to sort the in-battle list. It might be easier, it might be just as difficult (read: impossible) in that it might be arrays nested within arrays nested within arrays and therefore be effing impossible to sort in any sort of intelligible manner. It's something I personally would love to implement, so I'll definitely be devoting some time to trying to fix it when I get around to it.

If anyone has any other ideas for making the interface cleaner, feel free to post about them and I'll add them to the list as well. :> Just expect to see Chapter 3 released before any of these changes are even attempted.

Oh, and, don't get your hopes up for scrolling battle logs. I doubt that one is gonna pan out very well.

a5g7ld.gif

Kingroy: ( 4:40 PM - 02/10/14) u can't own black people

Kingroy: ( 4:40 PM - 02/10/14) #ThanksLincoln

#24 Kingroy

Kingroy

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 12:30 PM

Can there be more crew events? And they should try to bring out as much competition as possible without ruining crew relations. :x Competition really brings out the whole crew pride and also makes more players active as they want to represent their crews in upcoming events to the fullest whether by training their character or gaining advantages.

[Today 07:02 PM] Kingroy: <.<
[Today 07:02 PM] Crimson Jazz: I know right!?!
[Today 07:02 PM] Kingroy: >.>
[Today 07:02 PM] Tengo Cash: Beiber is the man

Screw You ↑ You ↖ You ↗ You ↙ You → You ↓ You ↩ You ↪ You ↬ You ↫ You ↪ You ↩ You ↲ You ↯ You ↱ You ↰ You ↷ You ↳ You ↶ You ↴ You ↵ & You ↺

#25 Secret Igshar

Secret Igshar

Pwner of Noobs

• Monarch
  • 3,796 posts
  • your worst nightmare

User's Awards

Posted 05 July 2011 - 12:42 PM

I'll make the official announcement now, then. :>

About a week or so after the release of Chapter 3, we'll be running our first official Crew War. Specifics are still being decided upon, but the basics include the following:

Must have reached at least X place in Chapter 3. (It has a name and that name will be used in place of X) This insures you'll have access to just about 95% of the available skills and equipment from the Chapter.

Each Crew will enter four members for competition.

Each match between two Crews will be decided in three battles (All three will be fought regardless of the outcome of the first two; to aid in rankings at the end)

Crews will face off in a round-robin style, where every Crew gets a chance to battle against each other Crew once. If there's a tie at the end, the tied Crews would face off in a single-match sudden death to decide the winner.

Rewards are still being decided upon, but that's the basics of what Crew Wars will be. There will be more than just this one, and, depending on the turnout for this first one, they might happen semi-frequently to keep people actively improving their characters, since you'll be allowed to use about 90% of the spells, techs, and equipment that you get through sidequests and the like in these contests. :D

Tentative: Each of the four entrants would have his/her own stats entered by the Crew Captain at the beginning of the tournament. During each match, the Crew will decide which two of their entrants will compete in each individual battle. You would be allowed to swap one or both of your members in-between battles within a match with absolutely no penalty or other such things. Players will be expected to sever their bonds with their Spirits for this tournament just to maintain ease of battles without worry of Spirit speed stats mucking up the turn rotations.

But, yeah. That and Crew Hunts (still an idea in development, kinda) would be major Crew events which would incorporate Crews competing against one-another in more or less friendly competitions. If Chapter 3 ends up being delayed, I may throw around the idea of a Crew Hunt popping up before Chapter 3's release. As of now, I'm not expecting that to happen.

tl;dr: Don't worry, Crew events are planned, scheduled, and will incorporate a feeling of team as best as can be done.

a5g7ld.gif

#26 Valor

Valor

Valorous

• Monarch
  • 3,874 posts
  • This is My Design

User's Awards

Posted 05 July 2011 - 02:55 PM

tl;dr get yo membas ready, fools.

147.png

#27 Rubicante

Rubicante

Page

• Page
  • 235 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 04:33 PM

Here's a question I always meant to ask. Would it be possible to make a tech/spell that would cause enemy spells to have an increased spell miss chance? It's something I've always wondered but since I'm not familiar with the inferno coding I'm not sure if it would be possible. Figured I'd ask :3

#28 Secret Igshar

Secret Igshar

Pwner of Noobs

• Monarch
  • 3,796 posts
  • your worst nightmare

User's Awards

Posted 11 July 2011 - 06:27 PM

Nope, unfortunately, that would be impossible. Spell miss chances function completely independent of stats, so there's no way the miss chances could be modified by the effects of a spell.

a5g7ld.gif

#29 Kingroy

Kingroy

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 06:50 AM

I forgot where and when I suggested/asked this but have you guys considered potions that raise things other than HP and MP? Like an Adrenaline boosting potion? Or a potion meant to raise your speed by 5? I can't remember if you could or couldn't for the other stats but would it be possible for ADR?

Edit: Of course these raises would only be temporary for the stats like STR, SPD, and EVA.

Edited by Kingroy, 12 July 2011 - 06:54 AM.

[Today 07:02 PM] Kingroy: <.<
[Today 07:02 PM] Crimson Jazz: I know right!?!
[Today 07:02 PM] Kingroy: >.>
[Today 07:02 PM] Tengo Cash: Beiber is the man

Screw You ↑ You ↖ You ↗ You ↙ You → You ↓ You ↩ You ↪ You ↬ You ↫ You ↪ You ↩ You ↲ You ↯ You ↱ You ↰ You ↷ You ↳ You ↶ You ↴ You ↵ & You ↺

#30 Secret Igshar

Secret Igshar

Pwner of Noobs

• Monarch
  • 3,796 posts
  • your worst nightmare

User's Awards

Posted 12 July 2011 - 10:33 AM

While I have always been quite fond of that idea, I've also never looked into doing it at all. As of right now, I am about 99% positive it is impossible to do because of how the system works. I also don't think it's very necessary, so I probably won't try and get it to work, since I'm sure it won't.

a5g7ld.gif

#31 Xanius

Xanius

The Omega

• Emperor
  • 3,525 posts
  • Awakening

User's Awards

Posted 12 July 2011 - 12:27 PM

Any chance that Celeres can get a mod change from Res? I think it's kinda silly for it to have Res with the lowest bonus to be honest. I think it'd be used much if it didn't have points there. I know it's only 1 point right now and that really doesn't mean too much. But with the upgraded crystals and all... if it gave 2 Res I'd like that to be somewhere else to be honest. :x

Omega_Xanius.png

17ddgi.png

#32 Valor

Valor

Valorous

• Monarch
  • 3,874 posts
  • This is My Design

User's Awards

Posted 12 July 2011 - 12:35 PM

Any chance that Celeres can get a mod change from Res? I think it's kinda silly for it to have Res with the lowest bonus to be honest. I think it'd be used much if it didn't have points there. I know it's only 1 point right now and that really doesn't mean too much. But with the upgraded crystals and all... if it gave 2 Res I'd like that to be somewhere else to be honest. :x

Why ?

147.png

#33 Xanius

Xanius

The Omega

• Emperor
  • 3,525 posts
  • Awakening

User's Awards

Posted 12 July 2011 - 12:37 PM

Just from what Iggy said yesterday in shoutbox. Cereles has the lowest bonus because with going Eva you should be vulnerable to magic. Giving a res point in there... Ehh... if you're suppose to be more vulnerable I'd rather just take a spot somewhere else. Tut should be the only one that gives mods in two defensive areas in my mind. Celeres should give Eva, Spd and something else but the problem is what is that something else. Could be an HP/MP mod but... :| Idk.

Omega_Xanius.png

17ddgi.png

#34 Dion

Dion

Knight

• Knight
  • 2,565 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 12:38 PM

On the subject of Celeres, I'd like to point out that the 5% :MP: boost is kinda useless. Its bad for :STR: users, who mostly run 25 :MP:, since it gives what, 2 :MP:. For :INT: users, you don't really need it, since 40ish MP is more than good enough, and you can get that via equips, easy. :HP: on the other hand, is required by everyone, :STR: users and :INT: users alike, so a proposed 10% :HP: boost would make more sense to me. Or maybe a Crit boost. Wishful thinking?

Just pointing that out.

...V HAS COME TO...

dQqhfU.gif

ngoahxS.jpg

#35 Valor

Valor

Valorous

• Monarch
  • 3,874 posts
  • This is My Design

User's Awards

Posted 12 July 2011 - 12:38 PM

Celeres is defensive, just like Tut is. Iggy was just going insane.

147.png

#36 Xanius

Xanius

The Omega

• Emperor
  • 3,525 posts
  • Awakening

User's Awards

Posted 12 July 2011 - 12:39 PM

On the subject of Celeres, I'd like to point out that the 5% :MP: boost is kinda useless. Its bad for :STR: users, who mostly run 25 :MP:, since it gives what, 2 :MP:. For :INT: users, you don't really need it, since 40ish MP is more than good enough, and you can get that via equips, easy. :HP: on the other hand, is required by everyone, :STR: users and :INT: users alike. :I

Just pointing that out.

I can somewhat agree to this as well. But I don't mind the MP % since with more HP it just becomes the Tut but with Eva. Which... might not be a bad thing but yea...

Omega_Xanius.png

17ddgi.png

#37 Valor

Valor

Valorous

• Monarch
  • 3,874 posts
  • This is My Design

User's Awards

Posted 12 July 2011 - 12:41 PM

On the subject of Celeres, I'd like to point out that the 5% :MP: boost is kinda useless. Its bad for :STR: users, who mostly run 25 :MP:, since it gives what, 2 :MP:. For :INT: users, you don't really need it, since 40ish MP is more than good enough, and you can get that via equips, easy. :HP: on the other hand, is required by everyone, :STR: users and :INT: users alike, so a proposed 10% :HP: boost would make more sense to me. Or maybe a Crit boost. Wishful thinking?

Just pointing that out.

Removing MP Bonus leaves one crystals with an MP bonus. Even if the 5% isn't spectacular, giving it 10% HP is redundant. Giving it CT would make Tut the only one without a CT bonus. There are no other options for it in my mind. The 5% isn't amazing, but it doesn't necessarily hurt.

147.png

#38 Dion

Dion

Knight

• Knight
  • 2,565 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 12:45 PM

Removing MP Bonus leaves one crystals with an MP bonus. Even if the 5% isn't spectacular, giving it 10% HP is redundant. Giving it CT would make Tut the only one without a CT bonus. There are no other options for it in my mind. The 5% isn't amazing, but it doesn't necessarily hurt.

I guess that makes sense. The % boosts get bigger in Ch 3, right? So I suppose it won't be too bad in the future. I just find Celeres a useless Crystal to use for EVA, though. Especially in Chapter 2. <_<; I just end up using Vires or Veneficus for :STR: and :INT: respectively, even if I do go :EVA:

...V HAS COME TO...

dQqhfU.gif

ngoahxS.jpg

#39 Valor

Valor

Valorous

• Monarch
  • 3,874 posts
  • This is My Design

User's Awards

Posted 12 July 2011 - 12:47 PM

I guess that makes sense. The % boosts get bigger in Ch 3, right? So I suppose it won't be too bad in the future. I just find Celeres a useless Crystal to use for EVA, though. Especially in Chapter 2. <_<; I just end up using Vires or Veneficus for :STR: and :INT: respectively, even if I do go :EVA:

I'm tempted to agree with it being moderately useless for :EVA: builds. Moderately. That, however, is not a fault of the crystal. It is a fault of the enemies you're up against and the lack of a truly out-and-out :EVA: dedicated set. Guess what we changed for Chapter 3~

147.png

#40 Secret Igshar

Secret Igshar

Pwner of Noobs

• Monarch
  • 3,796 posts
  • your worst nightmare

User's Awards

Posted 12 July 2011 - 03:14 PM

Celeres Pallens

WHAT IS THIS EVEN EW EVADE SUCKS.
Well, that's your opinion. It's wrong, by the way. Celeres Pallens raises :EVA: because no other Crystals do that. It gives :EVA: because it's is a defensive stat which is not covered at all (and should not be covered at all) by Celeres' older, yellower brother, Tutaminis Pallens.

BUT RES? EW WHY?
This will shock a LOT of you, but it is entirely because of Dion, the only person who has ever seriously tried to use :EVA: against enemies, who requested equipment which buffs both :EVA: and :RES:.

What did it used to raise, then?
Well, Celeres Pallens used to be +3 :EVA:, +2 :SPD:, +5 :MP:, -1 :DEF:. When the negative modifiers were removed from the Crystals, (mainly because a -1 :INT:/:STR: on Vires/Veneficus, respectively, only made Vires any worse than excellent) Celeres Pallens became +2 :EVA: +2 :SPD: +5 :MP:. Also note that before the change, Celeres was the ONLY Crystal which had a stat arrangement of 3/2/1/-1. All of the others had 2/2/1/1/-1. Clearly something was wrong there.

So why the change?
It was determined that the +5 :MP: was hardly anything worthwhile and that it would benefit much more if that number became a number for :RES:, making it more fully into a defensive Crystal, as it should be.

BUT THEN. WHY DOES IT HAVE THE LOWEST :RES+:?
Because you touch yourself at night. Seriously, it's because :EVA: can render you completely immune to physical enemies, so you need to have SOME sort of weakness, no?

But why does it increase your :RES:, then?
Again, because people wanted it to. I changed it simply because people thought it would be more useful if it also increased :RES:. Now those same people seem to be complaining about it. Silly.

So then... will it change again?
No. It will not change again. Everything about it will remain exactly as it is right now, because it makes sense and is just fine. Sorry.

tl;dr: Quit your whining. Celeres will get +1 :RES: and will see no change in % mods. Complain more about that and I will explain my reasoning for NOT changing it more closely. <3

a5g7ld.gif