#41 Xanius

Xanius

The Omega

• Emperor
  • 3,525 posts
  • Awakening

User's Awards

Posted 13 July 2011 - 03:49 PM

Hey question, would you be able to work in a way for us to just type in the amount of components/items to trade to someone rather then having to click 100 times or so? Not really needed but it would just be nicer to have.

Omega_Xanius.png

17ddgi.png

#42 Secret Igshar

Secret Igshar

Pwner of Noobs

• Monarch
  • 3,796 posts
  • your worst nightmare

User's Awards

Posted 13 July 2011 - 09:09 PM

There might be a way to. It would require a LOT of coding to put it in place, though, so don't expect that to be very high on the list of important fixes to be made. I might skip it entirely. I don't think it'd be very useful and it would be a pain in the ass to tweak it and make it work. Plus, it would require the Inferno to be down until it is fully functional, since at times it might completely muck up the inventories of those involved or trade too much loot that the person doesn't have or blahblahblahblah. :X

a5g7ld.gif

Kingroy: ( 4:40 PM - 02/10/14) u can't own black people

Kingroy: ( 4:40 PM - 02/10/14) #ThanksLincoln

#43 Xanius

Xanius

The Omega

• Emperor
  • 3,525 posts
  • Awakening

User's Awards

Posted 19 July 2011 - 10:27 AM

I couldn't remember this so I'm asking it now, When making an enemy with a percentage, does it take from just the player or the player and spirit combined. Like... if you have it set to be 100% of the speed on the player. Does it just take the 16 speed the player has and make it it's own? Or does it take the players 16 and the spirits 32 and average them together to give 24? I thought some percentage secret bosses/enemies would be kinda fun. Not every stat but just a few or so to change how the fight can go.

Omega_Xanius.png

17ddgi.png

#44 Secret Igshar

Secret Igshar

Pwner of Noobs

• Monarch
  • 3,796 posts
  • your worst nightmare

User's Awards

Posted 19 July 2011 - 10:32 AM

The latter. 100% would make the stat act as an average between all opponents' stats. I like the 100% things, I just wish that the :DEF: percentages would base off :STR: while the :RES: base off :INT:. Since they don't, they are not thrilling to me. The 100% :SPD: is the best one, I think, but even then, it allows the player to run 5/11 or 15 speed and still win quite handily. It would take lots of work to set it up properly and make it actually work well. :X

But yeah, it could make for some interesting battles.

a5g7ld.gif

#45 Xanius

Xanius

The Omega

• Emperor
  • 3,525 posts
  • Awakening

User's Awards

Posted 19 July 2011 - 10:35 AM

Ahh, I see. And yea, the :DEF:, :RES: and :EVA: stats wouldn't work too well with 100%... people could easily counter that really. Speed would be kind of nice though. It can go above the 100% range right? So that no matter what the enemy would double you? I think that might be kinda neat. Going in with this high speed will actually backfire since you'll just be spending wasted points in that area, it'll always double you no matter what you do. =X

Omega_Xanius.png

17ddgi.png

#46 Secret Igshar

Secret Igshar

Pwner of Noobs

• Monarch
  • 3,796 posts
  • your worst nightmare

User's Awards

Posted 19 July 2011 - 10:38 AM

Well if I make it something like 200% and you run 20/10, he'd run 30 and double the slower one but not the faster one. But then if you run 10/10 he'd run 20 and double both. :X But yeah, % can exceed 100. It's really difficult to balance out the % numbers, because they're usually really easy to exploit. :\ For example, you could bring low :DEF: and suddenly the enemy has low :DEF:, too. I can heal, he can't. I win.

a5g7ld.gif

#47 Xanius

Xanius

The Omega

• Emperor
  • 3,525 posts
  • Awakening

User's Awards

Posted 19 July 2011 - 10:41 AM

Yea, I figured that was a reason why you might have no messed with it at all. I remember fighting some percentage monsters on other Infernos and it was pretty easy to beat them. Just have to move stats in the right place. 20 str, 5 def, 20 spd, 5 eva. Etc etc. I'd just be nice to have a curve ball thrown at you. Everyone would be facing a different build when fighting them in a way. Especially because of spirits.

Omega_Xanius.png

17ddgi.png

#48 Secret Igshar

Secret Igshar

Pwner of Noobs

• Monarch
  • 3,796 posts
  • your worst nightmare

User's Awards

Posted 19 July 2011 - 10:45 AM

Yup, it would be interesting, but it's not necessary when we can just make monsters with flat numbers that can kick your asses two ways from Sunday without so much as breaking a sweat. :>

No need for cheap parlor tricks such as % speed or what have you.

a5g7ld.gif

#49 Valor

Valor

Valorous

• Monarch
  • 3,874 posts
  • This is My Design

User's Awards

Posted 19 July 2011 - 10:53 AM

Percentage based enemies only really work with locked stats. The inferno, in my opinion, was designed around locked stats and no modifiers for equipments. Since we don't do either of those things, percentage monsters simply are too easy to take down.

#50 Crimson Crashing

Crimson Crashing

Page

• Page
  • 134 posts

Posted 23 July 2011 - 06:32 PM

Is it possible to have some sort of taunt ability/spell/technique?

As in you or your spirit would use it and it could draw all or most of incoming attacks whether physical of Magickal?
Posted Image

To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

#51 kratos

kratos

Page

• Page
  • 173 posts

Posted 23 July 2011 - 06:39 PM

That would require you to move first though, which may not happen is some opportunities.
Spoiler

#52 Valor

Valor

Valorous

• Monarch
  • 3,874 posts
  • This is My Design

User's Awards

Posted 23 July 2011 - 08:43 PM

I think we probably could do that but I don't know the best way to go about it. Sooo it probably won't happen :x I've been wanting an ability like that too sometimes though.

147.png

#53 Secret Igshar

Secret Igshar

Pwner of Noobs

• Monarch
  • 3,796 posts
  • your worst nightmare

User's Awards

Posted 23 July 2011 - 08:47 PM

The AI of monsters is already incredibly exploitable. Taunt spells would be unnecessary.

Outside of that, it would require specific coding in the php files to check for a specific spell being active on a player, which would be WAY more trouble than it's worth.

Ideas of spells I've actually been considering, though, include team buff spells, team healing spells, and team support spells (i get -5 res, spirit gets +10). Things like these are possible additions that we might see in the future. Mostly those first two. :I

a5g7ld.gif

#54 Xanius

Xanius

The Omega

• Emperor
  • 3,525 posts
  • Awakening

User's Awards

Posted 24 July 2011 - 02:05 AM

I can see where it'd be helpful. Spirit is almost dead but your pretty full on HP, you want them to attack you since you can block their damage better, etc etc. It'd be neat but very easy to make enemies do what you want. And if enemies do what you want fights will be really easy. You go Def, Spirit goes Res. Make all Str enemies attack you all Magic attack Spirit. :x Easy wins right there.

I like team buffing and team healing. Especially team buffing. I always though of like... giving part of my energy to my spirit. Maybe take away 5 magic, 10 hp, 10 mp, and give my spirit a 10 Magic boost for 15-20 turns. It'd be pretty neat and a different way to fight. Would also make for some really interesting enemy fights when they'd pull it on you. Have an enemy with 40 Def, take away like 20 of their own and give it to an enemy that had 5. Now you have two enemies with 20+ def rather then one with 5 and another with 40. Would really shake things up a lot.

Omega_Xanius.png

17ddgi.png

#55 Crimson Crashing

Crimson Crashing

Page

• Page
  • 134 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 01:24 PM

Could there be any equipment that could reduce enemy encounter percentage?

I think it would be interesting to do so, sort of like a gamble.
You reduce your chances of encountering an enemy, but if it fails and a battle is engaged, you lose valuable stats.
Posted Image

To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

#56 Shino

Shino

Ex-Admin

• Paladin
  • 1,042 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 01:25 PM

Could there be any equipment that could reduce enemy encounter percentage?

I think it would be interesting to do so, sort of like a gamble.
You reduce your chances of encountering an enemy, but if it fails and a battle is engaged, you lose valuable stats.

Nope. Whatever the enemy encounter percentage is, it shall be. We could add other means of travel with a lower percentage but it probably won't happen. Sorry though.

http://www.knightly-...line=1346227521

Life is but a handful of dust - ANTHM

3 Years Gone. Still missing you, my dear friend. R.I.P Tynielle Silvera.

#57 Xanius

Xanius

The Omega

• Emperor
  • 3,525 posts
  • Awakening

User's Awards

Posted 27 July 2011 - 06:06 AM

Oh hey, Just to say, I ran into a boss fight where it said he had 18 dex but it came out to be 26 in the fight >_> He's all big and strong and has a cheerleader with him.

Omega_Xanius.png

17ddgi.png

#58 Secret Igshar

Secret Igshar

Pwner of Noobs

• Monarch
  • 3,796 posts
  • your worst nightmare

User's Awards

Posted 27 July 2011 - 07:37 AM

Thanks for that. O: Fixed the quest log update to reflect his actual stats.

a5g7ld.gif

#59 Xanius

Xanius

The Omega

• Emperor
  • 3,525 posts
  • Awakening

User's Awards

Posted 31 July 2011 - 03:46 PM

Hey so, question. Str users don't really have a great way to get MP back. Manastep, I know, I know we have it. But when we have to go against enemies with higher Eva we can't build the needed ADR to Manastep to stay alive and such. There is aspil but that costs 10 MP, almost half of what Str users run.

So I was wondering if you'd make a spell for Str users that's like a Recharge the spirits have. Much less stronger though. Something like 5 MP for 15-20 MP. Giving you a 10-15 MP heal. Which isn't too high really.

Omega_Xanius.png

17ddgi.png

#60 Lady Sutella

Lady Sutella

Page

• Page
  • 23 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 09:40 PM

Would it be possible to let us heal outside of battle? Like be able to use cure? Personally, I keep dying when fighting against Lionel at the Waterfall Ledge and potions alone just aren't enough. This could go for any difficult fight, I'm just using this one as an example for my reasoning. Even when I change my stats around, it'd be pointless to try again without being able to heal first because he'd just kill me again in his first turn. x___x And I realize I can just leave and go fight something weaker and heal during that battle, but I still think it'd be a really nice addition.