• Please log in to reply
113 replies to this topic

#101 Moonxz

Moonxz

Page

• Page
  • 60 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 01:17 PM

Being a noob to this inferno i figured i might say something. Although i have played other infernos and know how they work, this inferno is quite simple and easy to get used to. As long as you find the top row, inventory, equipment, etc, you can guess what you can do. If your even more lost than that there is a book you can buy for free to help you out. I suppose the hardest part for a complete beginner would be how to move from place to place.

Now there is something to me that could use more detail and be flushed out and that's the talent points. You start getting points at level 2 but you don't know what to spend it on and i still don't know what some do and how they work. I haven't used any of my TP points because of this and am waiting to understand them more before i spend them. a brief overview of the AP system might also help those you are unfamiliar with rpgs in general. This could all be added to the book you get for free, which would be nice.

I would like to say that i do understand the basics of the TP system but i do not know much more than that about each one and how they help me when leveled up.

~Moon

#102 Moonxz

Moonxz

Page

• Page
  • 60 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 08:04 PM

Sorry for the double post :P

So i was fighting a Raldo and he was doing 0 damage to me and then one turn he would suddenly deal out 17 damage and i was like WTH.

Then looking at his stat page after the battle it says he has a rage modifier of 5%, was this seemingly random 17 damage the rage modifier at work?

He has 14 attack and i had 16 defense...

~Moon

#103 Dexel Hydagara

Dexel Hydagara

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,310 posts
  • Arcade Adept

Posted 24 January 2012 - 08:06 PM

Aye, just so, it was the Rage modifier. Hit 'em enough times ( or even just once ) and they get a chance to do some very big damage to you, but those chances go up the more you hit them. At least, I think that's how the gist of it goes, I never was much of a Strength user, much less kept weak points in mind. So keep that in mind when you attack weak points.

By the way, you'll see many more enemies like that yet, so keep an eye out for that sorta thing and always scan before you fight. Attacking weak points is more a "short battle" time kinda tactic. It'll backfire if you're planning on dragging the fight out by being a wall. :P

Edited by Dexel, 24 January 2012 - 08:09 PM.

2j87ib.jpg

#104 Valor

Valor

Valorous

• Monarch
  • 3,874 posts
  • This is My Design

User's Awards

Posted 24 January 2012 - 08:11 PM

Rage chance starts at 0. Every time you strike them in a place where rage would go up, it goes up by that %. It adds the percentage even if it doesn't hit the percentage.

So basically every time you hit it, it added 5, 5, 5, 5, 5 until it hit the rage chance.

Rage is 2x attack, i think it even ignores defense or doesn't calculate your defense into it, and has half accuracy. Dangerous stuff to be sure.

147.png

#105 Moonxz

Moonxz

Page

• Page
  • 60 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 08:14 PM

Ok thanks, nice to know how this stuff works :P

~Moon

#106 Valor

Valor

Valorous

• Monarch
  • 3,874 posts
  • This is My Design

User's Awards

Posted 24 January 2012 - 08:19 PM

You know it. Any other questions or anything feel free to ask. We've got a ton of people who are very willing to help out :D

147.png

#107 Secret Igshar

Secret Igshar

Pwner of Noobs

• Monarch
  • 3,796 posts
  • your worst nightmare

User's Awards

Posted 24 January 2012 - 08:56 PM

I would like to say that i do understand the basics of the TP system but i do not know much more than that about each one and how they help me when leveled up.

~Moon

This is a good point. I forgot that I never added this to any of the help files. I can give you a quick rundown of them now and I'll write up a formal help file sometime later on.

First in the list is Herbalism and it essentially allows you to fuse better Potions together, the higher you raise it. Fusing potions will increase it naturally. You also need a high Herbalism in order to Craft Augments.

Second is your Alchemy Talent. It is essentially ONLY used for Crafting Weapons, which is, well, rather important if you intend to be very "good" in this Inferno. The higher your Alchemy, the better Weapons you can Craft. Crafting weapons actually improves your Alchemy Talent by quite a bit, so it's best to save your :TP: for when you REALLY want that certain Weapon but you just don't have enough Alchemy to make it.

Third and Fourth are your Magick and Combat Talents. These correlate directly to Spells and Techniques, respectively. The more Spells you cast, the higher your Magick Talent rises. The more Techniques you use, the higher your Combat Talent rises. You need certain amounts of Magick or Combat in order to learn new Spells or Techniques, respectively. I would suggest you never waste any :TP: on these two Talents, as they are without a doubt the easiest to raise, besides the last Talent.

Finally is Bonding which is, honestly, a useless stat. It increases whenever your Spirit takes an action in battle. More actions by Spirit, higher Bonding Talent. As of now, it is completely useless, and a high Bonding says nothing other than show your devotion to your Spirit companion. <3 I doubt it will ever have any significant meaning or importance in the future, so I wouldn't waste too much time working on increasing it.

Rage chance starts at 0. Every time you strike them in a place where rage would go up, it goes up by that %. It adds the percentage even if it doesn't hit the percentage.

So basically every time you hit it, it added 5, 5, 5, 5, 5 until it hit the rage chance.

Rage is 2x attack, i think it even ignores defense or doesn't calculate your defense into it, and has half accuracy. Dangerous stuff to be sure.

^ Essentially this. Rage Chance DOES take your :DEF: into account when the attack goes off, but what happens is the enemy's :STR: stat is doubled before calculation goes off. So when he rages on you, it's essentially 28 :STR: attacking your 16 :DEF: instead of just 14. That's why he actually injured you.

a5g7ld.gif

Kingroy: ( 4:40 PM - 02/10/14) u can't own black people

Kingroy: ( 4:40 PM - 02/10/14) #ThanksLincoln

#108 Axel Ryman

Axel Ryman

Page

• Page
  • 136 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 10:59 PM

Finally is Bonding which is, honestly, a useless stat. It increases whenever your Spirit takes an action in battle. More actions by Spirit, higher Bonding Talent. As of now, it is completely useless, and a high Bonding says nothing other than show your devotion to your Spirit companion. <3 I doubt it will ever have any significant meaning or importance in the future, so I wouldn't waste too much time working on increasing it.

Maybe some sort of milestone rewards? Like your first 100 will you get you some nifty potions or a small amount of money? Then as your bonding gets higher the rewards get better? Not like exclusive stuff.

Just a thought to make it not so useless.

#109 Reservoir

Reservoir

Owner

• Emperor
  • 561 posts
  • Wrong choice.

User's Awards

Posted 24 January 2012 - 11:12 PM

Bonding seemed really neat when the idea was needing a certain level in order to get certain things. Back in the Old Inferno, there was a Taming level "required" in order for a player to be able to get the Phoenix as a pet. The Phoenix was built to be really strong, so Taming was a skill to work on to get one. However, that turned out to be broken... Players were able to get the Phoenix pet even if they had no Taming at all. :/ I can't think of what kind of other uses the Talent would be given. If only it could be properly applied in such a way, it could allow for, for example, including really strong techs or spells that could be obtained and used by your spirit. It would require a fair bit to a lot of work, though, of course. Equally obvious, this all would be if Igshar would even want to include such things in his Inferno.

/random 2 cents

Posted Image

#110 Secret Igshar

Secret Igshar

Pwner of Noobs

• Monarch
  • 3,796 posts
  • your worst nightmare

User's Awards

Posted 24 January 2012 - 11:39 PM

One thing I was thinking about as I wrote that post, actually, was making you need a certain amount of Bonding to unlock certain hidden shops that would have fun little Spirit toys *spells and whatnot* but I turned down the idea in my head, since I realized I would have no idea how to judge Bonding at all. Most everyone will have a certain amount at any given point in the game, with those who play shittons more having exorbitant amounts that I could never really come up with a good balanced number between the base I expect people to have (which I wouldn't even know, for starters) and the massive numbers some people have. For now, it'll stand as just showing your devotion to your Spirit. It MIGHT be expanded to give out rewards to people with extra special dedication in the future, but I don't know yet.

I MIGHT even go so far as to release secondarily upgraded Spirits in like Chapter 5 which would have nothing special outside of an improved spell or two of some sort, only available to those who have X Bonding skill (same image/name/etc, but like Faz - Animal Form v2). That, to me, would seem like something I'd actually consider doing.

a5g7ld.gif

#111 Reservoir

Reservoir

Owner

• Emperor
  • 561 posts
  • Wrong choice.

User's Awards

Posted 24 January 2012 - 11:50 PM

o:
It's interesting that you had something similar in mind when you made your previous post. That's really cool! With all the Inferno fixes that you've done so far, I'm pretty confident that if you decided on something that you wanted to make work, you would find a way to do it or fix what is broken. :3
A hidden shop sound so neat! (Hidden stuff is almost always awesome! xD) But I also think that it would be difficult or at least challenging to balance the numbers for these sorts of things. That's probably something you'd have to talk over together with Rae and Kai. I suppose just about anything is possible...
I would totally freak out if you would end up making this work and created a v2 form of the Tier II spirits that would be a bit stronger though nothing game-breaking. <333

Posted Image

#112 Waker

Waker

Knight

• Knight
  • 783 posts
  • a boy with lots of lists and books

Posted 04 September 2012 - 08:27 PM

Delete this post

11vpmw8.jpg

"Censorship is telling a man he can't have a steak just because a baby can't chew it."
— Mark Twain

“I divide my officers into four classes; the clever, the lazy, the industrious, and the stupid. Each officer possesses at least two of these qualities. Those who are clever and industrious are fitted for the highest staff appointments. Use can be made of those who are stupid and lazy. The man who is clever and lazy however is for the very highest command; he has the temperament and nerves to deal with all situations. But whoever is stupid and industrious is a menace and must be removed immediately!”
— General Kurt von Hammerstein-Equord

#113 Kingroy

Kingroy

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 01:13 PM

Why can't we sell fused potions o-o? If we ever got into a bigger player economy selling potions and augmented weapons would be vital D: right?

[Today 07:02 PM] Kingroy: <.<
[Today 07:02 PM] Crimson Jazz: I know right!?!
[Today 07:02 PM] Kingroy: >.>
[Today 07:02 PM] Tengo Cash: Beiber is the man

Screw You ↑ You ↖ You ↗ You ↙ You → You ↓ You ↩ You ↪ You ↬ You ↫ You ↪ You ↩ You ↲ You ↯ You ↱ You ↰ You ↷ You ↳ You ↶ You ↴ You ↵ & You ↺

#114 Secret Igshar

Secret Igshar

Pwner of Noobs

• Monarch
  • 3,796 posts
  • your worst nightmare

User's Awards

Posted 09 September 2012 - 01:31 PM

Fused potions are coded poorly in the Inferno system itself. Trading them results in errors if I try to actually make it possible.

a5g7ld.gif