4 replies to this topic

#1 Dion

Dion

Knight

• Knight
  • 2,565 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 06:06 PM

Posted Image

Let Us Cling Together, indeed. This game (the remake) redefines the turn based tactics genre for the PSP. With a superb battle system, much like Final Fantasy Tactic's, and graphics that are, I daresay, better than the aforementioned's, this game is the definitive Tactics game for any on the move gamer.

The story unfolds much to the player's choices, changing as the player makes his decisions. With this, it is possible to attain as many as 3 endings. (There might be more, I am not sure as of now.) Another great addition, the WORLD system allows players to go back in time and view the events unfold if they had made a different decision without compromising any of the data on their current save file, adding immense amounts of replayability to the game.

The job system is also a pretty awesome addition, what with the fact that that CLASSES gain levels, and not characters. If your knight class is at level 14, all of your knights will be level 14. This allows you to use any character you want, and not worry about having some character that was once your favorite of falling behind. Pretty awesome if you ask me.

To top it all off, illustrations are done by Akihiko Yoshida. <3 What else could a gamer want?

Edited by Dion, 13 May 2011 - 06:10 PM.

#2 Valor

Valor

Valorous

• Monarch
  • 3,874 posts
  • This is My Design

User's Awards

Posted 13 May 2011 - 06:55 PM

I'm gonna have to keep this game on my radar. It intrigued me because of its similarity to FFT, which is an awesome game to say the least. I'll definitely keep this in mind. Is there a class system, or how are units differentiated?

147.png

#3 Dion

Dion

Knight

• Knight
  • 2,565 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 07:05 PM

Yes. Its a very deep one, too. Base stats transfer with classes, and get added to unit stats. Classes themselves level, not units. For instance; you have 2 level 1 archers. You only ever use one. The Archer levels up to level 14. All other archers in your party will level to level 14. This way, you can neglect units and use classes. Very useful.

The downside, however, is that you can only change classes with marks. Marks are drop items, but can also be bought from the shop. So, if you only have 3 knight classmarks, you can only change the class of a unit to a knight 3 times, and now more. Its hard to explain, I guess.

I recommend you get it soon.[/FONT]

#4 Valor

Valor

Valorous

• Monarch
  • 3,874 posts
  • This is My Design

User's Awards

Posted 13 May 2011 - 07:07 PM

Definitely sounds interesting, but now I'm imagining it as more a Tower Defense type gig. *waddles off to do research*

I would probably pick it up since it's likely just thirty bucks but I don't have the cash to spare especially with L.A. Noire dropping on Tuesday :<

147.png

#5 Dion

Dion

Knight

• Knight
  • 2,565 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 07:10 PM

Definitely sounds interesting, but now I'm imagining it as more a Tower Defense type gig. *waddles off to do research*

I would probably pick it up since it's likely just thirty bucks but I don't have the cash to spare especially with L.A. Noire dropping on Tuesday :<

Its definitely more like Tactics than anything.

And yeah, I can understand. L.A. Noire looks really good. Wanted to pick that up. But I got this for like 15 bucks. A good buy, imo.