#1 Xanius

Xanius

The Omega

• Emperor
  • 3,525 posts
  • Awakening

User's Awards

Posted 19 May 2011 - 12:38 AM

I picked up this manga a little bit back. Didn't know what the hell I was getting myself in for at all but I can't quit it really. Lot of things I dont like in it, the incest thing of recent chapters is really annoying, gore is unneeded and the weird aliens can be a bit much.

To summarize what it's about... Girls called Pandoras fight aliens that invade Earth, girls have partners that can freeze the aliens allowing them to attack. They all live on campuses around the world in schools like areas.

That's basically the plot... throw in the occasional ecchi and body dismemberment and there you go. It's like Gantz but much calmer and more ecchi.

http://www.mangaread...0/freezing.html Link for ya. Bewared that later parts of the series so far contain more then just Ecchi...

Omega_Xanius.png

17ddgi.png

#2 Bunny

Bunny

Squire

• Squire
  • 535 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 01:32 AM

I'm up to chapter 35 I think. I was actually just thinking that maybe I should make a thread for it but I wasn't sure. Good to know about the 'more then just ecchi' though.

I enjoy reading it but I can't help but think of a futuristic Claymore with aliens and scantily clad women. I like it anyways since they are different in many ways but I keep forgetting Satellizer's name and thinking it is Claire lol.

Kingdom-Gaming, where up is down, down is triangle, and everybody hates Lexaeus.

Any dolt with half a brain
Can see that humankind has gone insane
To the point where I don’t know
If I’ll upset the status quo
If I throw poison in the water main

Revenge is the poison we drink expecting our enemies to die.

#3 Xanius

Xanius

The Omega

• Emperor
  • 3,525 posts
  • Awakening

User's Awards

Posted 19 May 2011 - 01:35 AM

Yea, it does remind me of Claymore a good bit, just in a futuristic setting. I was actually given a link to it because I said I liked Claymore. >__>;

Omega_Xanius.png

17ddgi.png

#4 Heart

Heart

Page

• Page
  • 212 posts

Posted 21 May 2011 - 06:02 AM

I've just finished reading all currently released chapters, and so far I like this manga a great deal. The comic relief is really funny and well done imo. Though I have to say that the more I read, the more the fight scenes looks to be heavily based on Claymore, to the point of it looking like a copy set in the future >.>

Also, the story has become pretty horrible in the last few chapters.. >_>

#5 Yohtoh

Yohtoh

Page

• Page
  • 100 posts
  • The Nostalgic

Posted 10 August 2011 - 08:23 PM

The last few chapters didn't have that action-y flair to them. They just had drama and romance... and NO ecchi (cries). But Louis is too messed up for a half brother
A being without darkness.

Posted Image

Drowning in light.

#6 Xanius

Xanius

The Omega

• Emperor
  • 3,525 posts
  • Awakening

User's Awards

Posted 13 August 2011 - 07:43 AM

Yea, they haven't really. I'm so glad that this whole step brother crap is over and done with. If they dragged it out it probably would kill the series for me. They started focusing on it way too much then they should have. Hopefully we can get back to the action and fighting rather then the little details that keep going on...

Omega_Xanius.png

17ddgi.png

#7 Valor

Valor

Valorous

• Monarch
  • 3,874 posts
  • This is My Design

User's Awards

Posted 13 August 2011 - 09:50 AM

I dunno, read a few later chapters to see how bad it is, and it's pretty creepy. Gantz I feel is a bad comparison because while there's still adult themes in Gantz, the drawing style and methodology is vastly (imo) superior to that of this one. Plus the story appears to be a bit more deep in Gantz.

This is unfair to say because Freezing has what, 60 chapters and Gantz is around 300+? Kind of an unfair assessment >_>. I need to pick up my Gantz again now.

147.png

#8 darksquallleon

darksquallleon

Page

• Page
  • 29 posts

Posted 13 August 2011 - 10:31 AM

I finished reading all the current chapters, i dont think is that good but then again there isnt many chapters so... well lets see how it will be in the next chapters.

I am the bone of my sword.
Steel is my body, and fire is my blood.
I have created over a thousand blades.
Unaware of loss.
Nor aware of gain.
Withstood pain to create weapons, waiting for one’s arrival.
I have no regrets. This is the only path.
My whole life was “Unlimited Blade Works”.

#9 Xanius

Xanius

The Omega

• Emperor
  • 3,525 posts
  • Awakening

User's Awards

Posted 21 December 2011 - 04:51 AM

Recent chapters have really been putting me off for some reason. I'm not too sure why but the series just seems to be fading and becoming very uninteresting to me. It's quite sad since it started to pick up quite a lot then it seemed to just fall flat on it's face.

Omega_Xanius.png

17ddgi.png