• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Dion

Dion

Knight

• Knight
  • 2,565 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 05:17 PM

So I got my new computer yesterday. And its lost 3 gigs of memory between then and now. I supposed it was updates at first, but now I'm kind of worried? My anti Virus gives nothing. (Trend Micro)

#2 Xanius

Xanius

The Omega

• Emperor
  • 3,525 posts
  • Awakening

User's Awards

Posted 20 May 2011 - 06:27 PM

I've had this same problem myself. I thought it was some virus myself too. Found out it was just updates and a crap ton of shadow copies being made on my laptop.

It might be the same thing for you, if you have Trend then it really should pick up almost everything. So you shouldn't have to worry too much.

Omega_Xanius.png

17ddgi.png

#3 Dion

Dion

Knight

• Knight
  • 2,565 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 06:32 PM

Ah. You're running Vista? Vista had some issues of making shadows repeatedly and not removing the previous ones. Not sure if Windows 7 has the same problem. This my first machine running this operating system

#4 Xanius

Xanius

The Omega

• Emperor
  • 3,525 posts
  • Awakening

User's Awards

Posted 20 May 2011 - 06:33 PM

Yea, I had Vista. Not sure if Windows 7 has it as well but it might. That's the only thing I could think of really. If theres any Virus trend would really pick it up. Trend has been the best anti-virus I've seen pretty much anywhere.

Omega_Xanius.png

17ddgi.png

#5 Dion

Dion

Knight

• Knight
  • 2,565 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 07:58 PM

After installing 87 updates, I lost 3 more gigs of hard disk space. This confirms my suspicions. :D

#6 Waker

Waker

Knight

• Knight
  • 783 posts
  • a boy with lots of lists and books

Posted 20 May 2011 - 09:25 PM

Also, those windows makes shadows when windows updates are made. Or restore points. In the parents' computer I cleared up 30gb of space by getting rid of restore points and making a new one.

11vpmw8.jpg

"Censorship is telling a man he can't have a steak just because a baby can't chew it."
— Mark Twain

“I divide my officers into four classes; the clever, the lazy, the industrious, and the stupid. Each officer possesses at least two of these qualities. Those who are clever and industrious are fitted for the highest staff appointments. Use can be made of those who are stupid and lazy. The man who is clever and lazy however is for the very highest command; he has the temperament and nerves to deal with all situations. But whoever is stupid and industrious is a menace and must be removed immediately!”
— General Kurt von Hammerstein-Equord