#1 Valor

Valor

Valorous

• Monarch
  • 3,874 posts
  • This is My Design

User's Awards

Posted 24 May 2011 - 12:31 AM

Within the deepest reaches of shadow rests a gentle light. It may not burn the brightest, or shine through the dense cloak of darkness that engulfs it, but it never goes out. What fuels such a seemingly futile resolve to keep the omnipotent dark at bay? What motivates it in its endless resolve to not allow the nothingness to consume all?

Akranes Academy.
Nestled within the snow laden hills of northern Reveria, it sits and watches the rest of the world go by. At first glance, one may not realize the significance of this land. For here, the ways of the legendary Keyblade are passed on from elders and masters to new young wards who show aptitude for the weapon. Here, new Keyblade Masters are born, and here many of them end up retiring when their bodies finally give out.

On the outside it seems like a regular school, with expectant new students filing in at the start of every semester and older students heading out into the world to find their own purpose in this life. Beginnings and ends happen simultaneously year round here, yet the training never ceases, even once one has graduated.

Akranes today is in the middle of a run of bitterly cold and dry weather. Fresh snow has fallen and buried the town in nearly six inches of powdered wintry bliss. Gummi Ships of all makes and models hum incessantly in the cold, still air that hangs above the ancient steeples of the school, dropping off fresh faced new students looking to begin their long journey of knowledge and hopefully mastery.

For the better part of the day these ships have been docking and unloading their precious cargo on their precarious landing. All of Akranes is laid out before the new students fresh off the Gummi Ships, and there are a few eager older students with clipboards helping the newbies to their dormitories. These students are newly appointed Professors or Apprentice Professors who are ready to undertake their very first set of charges.

The city of Akranes is beginning to sputter to life with the new school year dawning. Shops that remain closed during winter and summer months are opening once more for the convenience of the new students. The influx of new munny does wonders for the economy of the city as well. Over the next few days the once quiet streets will be overrun with activity and people running to and fro as Keyblade users from the farthest reaches of the world congregate and commingle with the locale residents; many of whom have also studied the ideology of the Keyblade in the years long past.

New students are urged to find their lodging assignments from the greeters at the docks and the front gates. Some eager older students even are willing to give them a brief tour of the facilities and a handy map to find their way around if need be. Every student is given private single room lodging in one of the ten dormitory wings of the school. Each wing shares a communal washroom as well. The ten wings are reminders of the ten disciplines of the Keyblade Master, and are named as followed:
The Adjunct of Justice
The Adjunct of Courage
The Adjunct of Benevolence
The Adjunct of Respect
The Adjunct of Honesty
The Adjunct of Honor
The Adjunct of Loyalty
The Adjunct of Heart
The Adjunct of Body
The Adjunct of Soul

The new students will enter their rooms made of stark white walls, hardwood floors, and containing a soft bed, a small trunk with a change of clothes comprised of the official (and very optional and unpopular) white shirted and gray slacked/skirted uniform of Akranes, and a desk with a small lamp.

On their blue sheeted beds they will find their charge assignments and a meeting place and time. Those under the charge of one Durant Oaks and Landri Suzuli are to meet at the grand concourse at noon. It is a brilliantly sunny day out, but the sun gives little comfort to those who are susceptible to the cold.

[OoC: All students should start in their personal dormitories and from there you can do what you wish.

You may start your post from the time you land from your gummi ship and move into your room, but if this is too much of a hassle, go with the first one. It should be noted that the current time is nearly noon, so most students should be on their way to the grand concourse relatively quickly.

Durant doesn't take kindly to tardiness. First post should end with your character ending up at the grand concourse unless they plan on not showing up at all or being late.

To clear up any possible confusion, you are all charges of Landri and Durant.]

#2 Blade

Blade

Administrator

• Monarch
  • 163 posts

Posted 24 May 2011 - 08:51 AM

As Dante left the Gummi Ship he stood looking up at what was known As Akranes. Such a beautiful city, Filled with people walking around and laughing like it was a vacation....But not for Dante. Dante didn't want to be there, In fact if it wasn't for his father he would go after the scum who killed him but he knew he wasn't strong enough, He had to do what his father asked and that was to enter the academy and train as hard as he could. Dante closed his eyes and an image of his father came to his head, The last image he had of him...his father lying on the ground and Dante holding his body.

" Welcome to Akranes good siir, "

A young voice yelled out at him with a huge smile. It was a young man who looked like he was a student, He wore a blue robe, blondish hair and huge glasses.

" May I take your name? "

Dante looked at him. Closed his eyes and replied " Dante Shar "

He looked at his clipboard and looked back up at Dante " Great you're here, Your room is located in the adjunct of heart wing. Here is a map and I'll be happy to give you a tour "

Dante listened as he handed him the map, Dante quickly snatched it and started walking, he turned back really quickly and replied " You give me a quick tour? HAH! piss off "

Dante was in no hurry, He bent down to clean his white shoes, made sure his zipper was up in his stylish blue jeans and fixed up his leather jacket as it got colder. He proceeded onto the wing where he found his room. It was quiet and blank, white walls with hardwood floords and on the desk stood a small lamp with some clothes. Dante walked toward the desk.

" What the hell? Uniforms? Haha I'm not in prison so no thanks to this bullshit. " Dante took the clothes and threw them on the floor as he laid his backpack on the desk.

Dante crossed his arms on the desk and laid his head down, He starred at the wall but all he could see was his father and how he was the only one who got out alive. His friends dead, village burned, Dante wanted to know why.

a>

#3 Epic

Epic

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,196 posts
  • I'M BACK BITCHES

Posted 24 May 2011 - 09:05 AM

Neoph had finished unpacking his things. It was about noon. "Where was I supposed to go...?" Neoph asked himself. After much thinking, he finally remembered. "Ah! The grand concourse." Neoph put an old book under his arm. It was the same book that Neoph got from the Library. The one about the keyblade. The young man straightened the white hat that was on his head. "Well, here I go. First day." He walked out of his dormitory, The Adjunct of Courage. Neoph looked around at the halls. "Oh... ummm..." He saw an obviously older student leaning against the walls. "Maybe he knows..." Neoph walked quickly to the student. "Excuse me? Do you know the way to the... um..." Neoph had already forgotten where he was supposed to go.

The student stared at him with a blank expression. "Where do you need to go? I'm pretty sure I can help you find where you're going."

Neoph strained, thinking hard. After a couple minutes, he remembered. "Oh! I need to get to the grand concourse." He gave the older student a nervous smile.

The student smiled back. "A newbie, eh?" He got off the wall and put his hand in the pocket of his white hooded sweatshirt. He pulled out a map. "You're here." He showed Neoph the map, pointing to the dorm that the two were currently in. "You want to go here." He pointed at the grand concourse on the map. "Take that hallway to here, then turn left and head here. You will be faced with two passages. Take this one, the one on the left. It should lead you right to the grand concourse." The student pointed to the areas on the map as he spoke of them. "Got that all?"

Neoph furrowed his brow. "Um... yeah. I think so." Truthfully, Neoph didn't get it all. The student seemed to know this. He handed Neoph the map and chuckled.

"Here. Clearly, you need this more than I do. Take it." Before Neoph could say anything, the student put his hands in the pockets of his blue denim jeans and began walking down the hallway. "See ya around, newbie."

Neoph simply waved goodbye and began following the directions he was given. He mumbled them as he walked. "It should be right... here." Neoph stopped in the grand concourse. He made it on time. Perfect. A great first impression.

Edited by Poppa Epic, 24 May 2011 - 09:10 AM.

hitchens-1949-2011-by-Gasper-Tringale.jp

“Take the risk of thinking for yourself. Much more happiness, truth, beauty, and wisdom will come to you that way. I promise."

- Christopher Hitchens

#4 Secret Igshar

Secret Igshar

Pwner of Noobs

• Monarch
  • 3,796 posts
  • your worst nightmare

User's Awards

Posted 24 May 2011 - 12:15 PM

Gabriel slipped into his room ahead of the older student who had led him there. The Adjunct of Honesty, he had said. Gabriel found it fitting. He glanced down at the map clutched in his hands and then wheeled about to face the lanky boy. He smiled and said, "Thanks for the help, Jack. I think I can find the Concourse on my own from here."

Jack nodded and said, "Right, right, just let me know if you need anything."

Gabe flicked a thumb up for the guy and then shut the door. He tossed his bag onto the bed and saw the trunk in the corner. He cocked his head to one side, his curiosity pushing him to look within. He sneered and looked over the uniform. Gabriel had not been wearing one. Not wanting to upset whoever pressed and folded these clothes ever so nicely, Gabriel closed the case and left it neatly where it was. He would ask that man, uh... He dug in his pocket for the slip of paper he had received. Durant. Yes. He would ask Durant about the clothes and if he should keep them despite not wanting to ever wear them.

He noticed a meeting time on the slip, as well, and checked the time. Fifteen minutes. Thankfully Zidane was more punctual than he let on. He had plenty of time to get to the concourse on time. He quickly slipped on his thermal shirt and pants beneath his white T-shirt-vest combo and his khaki shorts. He suddenly felt much warmer. He rarely ever saw snow back in Lindblum, so he wasn't quite used to it being this cold all the time. He figured he'd get used to it... maybe. He cracked his knuckles and slid out the door effortlessly.

A rushing freshman like himself flew past him, faster than he realized it was possible to move. He shrugged and dropped his hands into his pockets. He trotted off toward the Grand Concourse, arriving there a couple minutes before the assigned meeting time. There, he saw the man he assumed to be Durant Oaks. He strode briskly up to the man and extended a hand for the man to shake. He said, "Professor Oaks, I take it? I'm a new charge of yours, Gabriel Noware. I was wondering what I should do with that uniform in the trunk if I intend not to wear it. I'd hate to see the clothing go to waste after someone worked so hard to make it presentable." He only hoped the man would not take this as some sort of insult to this fine institution.

#5 The Dream

The Dream

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,967 posts
  • ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Posted 25 May 2011 - 04:09 AM

Valery's heart kept beating so hard, she was afraid it might break open her chest. It had been too long since she'd left her town, the town she was practically abandoned in after her parents died. Since she hadn't left town before, or travelled this far on her own, Valery was slightly scared and didn't know what to expect. She didn't know why she felt like this, normally she'd be relaxed in situations such as this, but this time it was different. She took a deep breath and let out a sigh, trying to calm down and not stress so much about the first day.

The Gummi Ship landed and other new students started to make their way to the exit. Valery jumped up from her seat and picked up her shoulder bag from the ground in front of her seat. Lugging onto her shoulder, she waited for everyone to pass down the hall before she followed, she didn't want to be rude and push in halfway through the line. Eventually she made it out the grand and enormous ship, into the Gummi Hanger.

The Gummi Hanger was busy, like rush hour during the summer time when tourists came to her town to buy goods. Placing the tips of her finger on her lips, Valery looked around like a lost puppy for someone to guide her and tell her where to go. She took a step forward and moved her head from left to right, looking for someone, anyone to help her. She looked innocent because of the look on her face. She stopped walking and stopped in the middle of the hanger, looking like the girl that got lost in a big shop. She caught the eye of one older student that was helping out.

She made her way towards Valery and smiled, Valery soon noticing the older girl heading towards her. She turned herself towards this student who walked close to her, Valery was a little shocked to see how tall she was, her face could reach her chest which Valery found a little awkward. Slowly, Valery looked up the girl who grinning as she looked down at Valery, who just stared at her face and slowly ended up cracking a nervous smile.

"Hey kid, you lost?" she asked. Valery rubbed the back of her head and grinned, blushing slightly. "I-is it that obvious?" She asked. The girl smiled and rubbed her head with the hand that wasn't holding a big clipboard; Valery couldn't help but feel slightly safe and less nervous as the girl did so.

"Don't worry, freshmen aren't expected to be experts as soon as they step foot in the hanger. What's your name and I'll help you out" the girl smiled and removed her hand, putting on the other side of her clip board, her face now hidden behind it.

"Um, Valery Valentinia" Valery spoke grinned, rubbing her arm with her hand. After a few page turning moments, the girl nodded and looked back at Valery. "Found ya! Woah, 14 huh? Must be pretty scary coming here at such a young age" She said.

Valery gave a nervous smile and shrugged. "I guess you could say that. It's not so much as being away from home, it's just how far away you are" Valery let out a nervous laugh and rubbed the back of her head. The girl just smiled and gave her a "Oh you're so cute! I wish I could pick you up and cuddle you all day!" look. Valery took no notice.

"K, I'll give you this map so you don't get lost. The rest of your stuff will be in your dorm"
The girl pulled out a map from a basket that was hanging off her shoulder. She handed it to Valery who took the nice pressed map, studying it for a short while. "Now, I'll take you to your dorm. After that you'll be on your own, sorry but I can't let the other freshmen miss out on meeting me" The girl grinned and placed her hands on her hips, Valery rolled her eyes when the girl wasn't looking.

Soon the girl started to walk away from Valery, a signal that she should follow. Valery ran to close the distance, not wanting to get lost. She looked at the girl and studied her. She wore this beautiful blue robe that grew down to her ankles. There was a long gold strip that went around the entire robe at the bottom, but it wasn't so noticeable. Her hair was black and wavy, growing down to her shoulder blades.

You give me a quick tour? HAH! piss off "

Valery snapped away from observing this girl that was helping her and looked at at some guy who was being rude to an older student. Valery guessed he must've been some freshman too, but he was obviously older than Valery. She shook her head, hoping she didn't have to deal with people like that. She didn't mind to much if she had to, but she'd rather stay away from people like them.

Valery started to wonder what she would do if she met anyone like that, so much she didn't notice which path they were taking to get to Valerys dormitory. In a few minutes they ended up standing in front of nice wooden door make of oak. The number "15" in gold was stuck against the door. Valery looked at door and then looked back at the girl who had a key in her hand with a big grin on her face.

"Alright, this is where we part ways. I'm gonna go back and help the other students, be a good girl while you stay in Arkanes ok VV. Oh! I can call you VV right?" the girl asked, moving her hand to her mouth while the other handed Valery the key.

Valery took the key and then grinned at the girl. "Sure, everyone calls me that back at home, since this will be my new home for a while I guess it's a good start to settling in" Valery rubbed the back of her head and the girl just gave her that same "Oh you're so cute! I wish I could pick you up and cuddle you all day!" look from before. "Awesome. Oh I forgot to tell you my name, silly me. I'm Fennel" the girl let out a laugh before settling down and softly rubbing Valerys head like before. "See ya around VV" Fennel removed her hand and walked past Valery, turning and waving quickly before walking at fast speed towards the Gummi Hanger.

Valery let out a sigh of relief, and then grinned at herself. She was starting to feel more at home, slowly reclaiming her relaxed composure of the 'slacker' girl. Placing the key in the lock of the door, she twisted it, hearing a clicking sound before walking through. She closed the door behind her and looked at her new room. She didn't expect much, it was a good thing too.

The walls were white and floors were wooden, reminding her of her room back home. The only difference was that there was a desk that was free of junk she collected and her bed wasn't covered in clothes that she wore and wasn't bothered to wash afterwards. There was a nice trunk at the end of the bed, making Valery interested in finding out its hidden contents. Throwing her bag onto the bed, Valery bent down onto her knees and placed the map Fennel gave to her on the ground before she opened the trunk. Inside she found a nicely pressed white shirt and grey skirt. She read somewhere that it was very optional to wear, so Valery decided to leave it in its trunk nicely pressed for a later date.

Valery stood up from her place on the ground and stretched. Looking at the blue sheets of her bed, Valery noticed a few papers only a few inches away from where her bag landed. She picked them up and read the print found on it. She had to head to the Grand Concourse to meet up with Professor Suzuli. Valery picked up the map she placed on the ground, finding a quick route to get to the Grand Concourse.

"Huh, not even a day to rest and learn more about this place. Oh well, guess I better get moving" Valery mumbled to herself before stretching and letting out a yawn.

Valery made her way to her dormitories door, twisting the knob open then locking it behind her. She placed the key safely in the pocket of her skinny jeans, leaving it pressed in there. Putting her map out in front of her, Valery held it tightly with her hands and walked forward like a blind mouse. She took every turn perfectly, even though she wasn't looking at the ground in front of her.

It took her a few minutes, but she made it to the Grand Concourse in the end. Looking up from her map, she stopped walking. She saw a few other students were already there, more boys than girls by the looks of it. She saw a guy with brown hair that was slightly long, and he also had these bright blue eyes. She then saw another boy, someone with short spiked black hair with these stunning dark blue eyes. For a while she stood and stared at these boys, then rolling her eyes away, blushing while she hoped no one noticed.

The Concourse was nice. The sun was out and warmed Valery up a bit, but the cold still lingered around and gave Valery a few jolts to remind her that it was there. There were foot prints behind Valery; her feet seemed to sink a little more than the other students. She enjoyed the snow, reminded her of warm nights sitting at the fire with a cup of hot chocolate milk.

She walked around a little more and then found the lady she was looking for. Professor Suzuli was a short blonde haired woman with green eyes. She was similar to Valery in hair and eye colour, but they weren’t similar enough to be the same. She made her way slowly to her, slowly Valery became nervous again. She didn't want to do something that seemed rude to a professor. Looking up at her, Valery tried to stand tall to look more mature.

"Hi- Oh um...Uh. I-I'm Valery Valentinia" Valerys words deceived the people around her and hid her true personality, replacing it with a scared childs behavior. She shrunk her head in to her shoulders slightly, her face filled with a "Oh no, I blew it" look. She swallowed it and stood up tall again, looking up at the woman.

Edited by The Dream, 25 May 2011 - 04:18 AM.

TheDreamEX.png

tumblr_n6lpksz2V81sfgfh0o1_500.gif

Gif not by me

A little one

#6 Epic

Epic

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,196 posts
  • I'M BACK BITCHES

Posted 25 May 2011 - 09:35 AM

Neoph's gaze was set on Valery. He tried not to stare at her. "Man... she's pretty..." He mumbled to himself. Neoph was unsure of what to do now that he had reached his goal. Both professors seemed to be busy with other students. Neoph did not want to appear rude. He should wait to speak once the professors finished speaking to the other students. Neoph, though, felt awkward standing in one spot.

He hoped that they would excuse his rudeness. With a deep breath, Neoph followed Valery to Landri Suzuli. He saw the look on Valery's face and figured he'd try to make her feel better. Neoph put his hand gently on Valery's shoulder. "Hey. It's alright." He flashed her a charming smile before turning to the professor. "Excuse me, m'am." Neoph smiled at her in an attempt to hide how nervous he was. "My name is Neoph. Neoph Rampart." He took a deep breath.

"Honestly, i'm a bit nervous. But it's great to meet you, professor. I know i'll learn a lot here." A bit of sweat dripped off Neoph's brow. The tight feeling in his stomach grew. It was now very uncomfortable. "I... I... hope you can excuse my rudeness. I just... wanted to introduce myself." Neoph chuckled nervously. Make it a good first impression... not cocky, confident. He straightened up and quickly wiped the sweat off his forehead. He smiled at the professor again. "It's an honor to be here."

“Take the risk of thinking for yourself. Much more happiness, truth, beauty, and wisdom will come to you that way. I promise."

- Christopher Hitchens

#7 Valor

Valor

Valorous

• Monarch
  • 3,874 posts
  • This is My Design

User's Awards

Posted 25 May 2011 - 11:16 AM

Durant's heavy boots crunched the snow underfoot loudly as he approached the small girl standing in the middle of the courtyard. He shook his head as he noticed her wearing the same skirt as always, even in these frigid temperatures.

"Don't you ever get cold?" He called out, announcing his arrival.

She turned her dark jade eyes towards him, brushing golden hair behind her small, pierced ear and smiled, "Not even a little."

He sauntered up to her and stood beside her, turning around and looking up at the tall chalk white bricked castle of a school he had emerged from.

"Nervous?" She asked, bumping her shoulder against his.

Durant shrugged, "I don't get nervous."

Landri put her hands on her hips and chuckled, looking at the snow before training her eyes back on him, "Save the cool guy crap for the fish."

Durant stole a glance at the sun burning brightly in the sky. He wished he knew how to tell time just by looking at it. "What time is it?" He wondered aloud.

Landri peeled back the sleeve of her jacket and took a glance at the small silver wristwatch that hung loosely on her thin forearm, "Nearly noon. Now are you nervous?"

Durant shot her a smug smirk, "I already said that I don't get nervous."

She elbowed him in the side as a boy rounded the corner and wandered out into the courtyard, "Show time, Professor Oaks."

His eyebrow raised as the boy approached clad in thermal pants underneath his shorts approached them casually. He greeted Durant and offered his hand in a friendly greeting. Durant stared at it with a furrowed brow and looked back at this new student.

"A charge of ours, actually." Durant corrected, pointing a thumb at Landri, who gave a little wave. She gestured with her eyes and a tightly drawn mouth. Durant got the hint and grabbed hold of Gabriel's hand for an awkward moment before releasing it. Landri let loose a barely audible sigh.

"The uniform is mandatory and should be worn at all times." Durant said with a stern look on his face. His strong arms folded at his chest as he said so.

Landri looked at Durant, and then back at Gabriel, "You don't have to do anything about it if you don't want to wear it. The housekeeping staff will take care of it for you."

Durant and Landri exchanged looks, unable to believe that the other could be such a jerk.

A girl entered the concourse next, followed quickly by another boy who fell in line next to her. Durant noticed Landri give a smug smirk as the duo approached her. The young girl introduced herself as Valery. Before Landri could reply to this rather nervous girl, the boy beside her piped up and reassured her. Landri narrowed her eyes at him and clenched her jaw.

He finished his stammering, receiving nothing but stares from Landri and Durant. Landri's gaze softened as she looked at Valery, "Welcome to Akranes, Miss Valentinia. I'm Landri, and this is Durant Oaks."

She pointed the same thumb at Durant as he had to her earlier. Durant's jaw clenched this time.

She shot Neoph a deathly look, "I'm no "ma'am", kid. Also, she's a big girl now, doesn't need you hanging all over her."

Durant drew a slip of paper with names messily scribbled on it from his pocket. He slid his finger along the paper slowly, noticing each of the three's names were all on it so far. There were still some yet to arrive.

"Time?" He asked shortly.

"About ten till noon." Landri replied, still glaring at Neoph.

"Ten minutes and only three people showed up. This is going to be a long semester." Durant said with a heavy sigh.

"For you or for them?" Landri asked with a nod of her head in the direction of the students.

"Both." Durant said flatly, staring skyward.

#8 Ralor

Ralor

Knight

• Knight
  • 781 posts
  • A Musical Madman

Posted 25 May 2011 - 05:27 PM

Kaze jumped out of the gummi ship and made a mad dash for his dormitory. "Thanks for the lift!" he yelled. He arrived at the Adjunct of Respect. He tossed his bag onto his bed. If I don't hurry I'll be late! Gramps always said Durant hated tardiness above all else! He started running as fast as he could toward the Grand Concourse, failing to notice the grand concourse.

At five until noon, he arrived at the doors to the Grand Concourse and slowed down and walked calmly into the Grand Concourse. He calmly strolled over to the group before gently speaking. "Excuse me, I'm not late am I?"

Sig312.jpg

Im dum.

Shhhhh. It's okay. We understand.

3DS Friend Code: 5069-3989-9578
Nintendo Network ID: Niroji

Steam: Musical Madman

#9 Epic

Epic

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,196 posts
  • I'M BACK BITCHES

Posted 25 May 2011 - 06:19 PM

Neoph gulped. His stomach was tied in all sorts of knots. He wanted to run and hide to escape the professor's gaze. "I-I'm sorry. I-I-I just thought she needed some encouragement. I-I-I-It w-w-won't happen again." He had obviously failed at making a good first impression. I can only blame myself...

He thought with a sigh. He turned around and wiped a few stray tears away. He turned back towards Valery and whispered in her ear as he did a casual walk past her. "If you need anything, don't hesitate to ask. I'm in The Adjunct of Courage. Room 6." He walked over to the nearest seat and sat down. His keyblade, Metal Chocobo, appeared in his hand with a flash of light. "...Why me? Why am I so special that you had to choose me...?" He closed his eyes and chuckled. "I don't even know why i'm talking to you. You can't even hear me..." He sighed and hung his head low.

"But why? You could have chosen anyone... i'm not special... i'm the son of a farmer..." He recalled his keyblade and set the book on his lap. He opened it and flipped through the pages, pretending to read. Neoph sighed to himself as he let his mind wander. Great... professor hates me. Something tells me that this is going to be a terrible year...

- Christopher Hitchens

#10 The Dream

The Dream

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,967 posts
  • ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Posted 25 May 2011 - 08:45 PM

Valery flicked her eyes to the boy that had placed his hand on her shoulder. She sent a charming smile towards her, Valery being more worried about what the professor thought made her oblivious to it. The boy continued to speak, Valery quickly glanced back at the professors to see if she wasn't the only that was starting to stare at him.

"Excuse me, m'am." Neoph smiled at her in an attempt to hide how nervous he was. "My name is Neoph. Neoph Rampart." He took a deep breath.

"Honestly, I'm a bit nervous. But it's great to meet you, professor. I know I'll learn a lot here." A bit of sweat dripped off Neoph's brow. "I... I... hope you can excuse my rudeness. I just... wanted to introduce myself." Neoph chuckled nervously.

There was some silence that was unnoticeable after he spoke. Valery turned back to the professors who gave Neoph stares before turning to Valery. She grinned at the two professors then let listened to Professor Suzulis introduction.

"Welcome to Akranes, Miss Valentinia. I'm Landri, and this is Durant Oaks." She shot Neoph a deathly look, "I'm no "ma'am", kid. Also, she's a big girl now, doesn't need you hanging all over her."

Valery couldn't help but grin at the last part, but hid it not wanting to appear mean. Pulling a straight face, she smiled and was about to speak at the professor before she turned back to Neoph who was starting to apologize.

"I-I'm sorry. I-I-I just thought she needed some encouragement. I-I-I-It w-w-won't happen again." He turned around and wiped a few stray tears away. He turned back towards Valery and whispered in her ear as he did a casual walk past her. "If you need anything, don't hesitate to ask. I'm in The Adjunct of Courage. Room 6."

Valery raised on her eyebrows then smiled to herself as she watched him walk away. She was happy to see she wasn't the only one nervous. She turned back to the professor. After seeing the way Neoph acted, she wasn't so nervous anymore. She gripped the map she held tightly and let out a deep breath.

"Nice to meet you, I happy to be in Arkanes really"
Valery gave a toothy grin, he fully grown and clean teeth showing and matching the thick blanket of snow she stood on. She stopped grinning, turning her grin into a sincere smile before walking away.

Thinking about Neoph whispered in her ear, Valery forgot to check which wing she was in. Shrugging it off, Valery kept walking.

She had to lift her legs a little higher since she was shorter than lots of the people around in Arkanes, due to her age. She walked to the middle of the concourse, and then looked up to the sky. She recalled her days when her mother and father where around. She closed her eyes, letting herself soak in the sun rays that attempted to fight the cold wind and protect Valery from it.

She pictured herself at the gates of Arkane, he mother and father refusing to send her in a Gummi Ship. Despite being exhausted from the long journey, Valery would be full of life and her mother would keep wiping away a stray tear. Valery imagined how her mother would be holding her and kissing her forehead and trying not to shed a tear, not wanting to accept the fact that her little girl had grown up. She thought of how her father would be pulling a brave face and offering a handshake, Valery eventually going in and giving him a big hug. Before Valery entered through the gates, she'd look back and see her parents say their last goodbye, "See ya VV".

Valery opened her eyes, a sad expression on her face as she slowly hung her head down. She fought back a tear. Every time something big happened, she would remember her parents. No matter what, Valery still missed them.

Edited by The Dream, 25 May 2011 - 08:59 PM.

TheDreamEX.png

Gif not by me

A little one

#11 Blade

Blade

Administrator

• Monarch
  • 163 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 08:58 PM

Dante starred at the wall for a good half hour. He turned his head toward the window which had a beautiful view of Arkanes.

" What the hell let's get to this concourse crap. "

Dante took out some fresh new clothes from his bag he took off his jacket and plain white shirt and tossed it on the bed. He took out his long sleeved black shirt and put it on, Next he took off his jeans and took our a fresh new pair out of his bag, These jeans were light blue. He walked over to the desk to grab the map." hm...ok I'm here so I should take a left here and be there shortly. "

Dante walked slowly like he had all the time in the world. Soon her arrived and noticed others already there. He noticed two older looking people standing ahead of him, one who had pale green eyes and blonde hair, the other woman next to him.

He walked further down and noticed some who looked younger than him, he noticed a very small, bony girl with green eyes she looked like she was 8.

" I must be in the wrong place, I didn't expect Akranes to have little children. " exclaimed to himself.

Dante wasn't in the mood especially with all what he saw, A small child, two others who looked lost and of course the ones who looked like teachers looked like they didn't want to be there or belong there. Dante starred at the blonde teacher, smirked and took a hard left and sat down without saying a word to anyone.

a>

#12 Epic

Epic

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,196 posts
  • I'M BACK BITCHES

Posted 25 May 2011 - 09:22 PM

Neoph was in his own little world when he heard Dante remark to himself about Valery looking like a child. Neoph, being as protective as he is, stood up and walked over to Dante. "Hey. No one likes a douchebag. Leave the girl alone, okay?" Neoph stood up straight and stared at Dante. "I don't want to be responsible for injuring another student."

Be tough, Neoph. There's a girl close by. A pretty girl. Neoph took another step closer to Dante. "Why don't you just go sit down somewhere else so I don't have to look at you?" Neoph turned around. "You're so ugly, it blinds me just to look at you." He turned back to Dante. "Anyway, kindly shut the--" Neoph stopped. He didn't want to curse. "Just shut up and we'll all be happy." Neoph, as tough as he was trying to sound, was scared out of his mind. Dante seemed way stronger than him. Not only that, Dante was much bigger than him.

Even though these were terrible odds, Neoph kept a straight face as he talked big. He didn't dare show his fear. He just hoped that the talk fooled Dante and the two wouldn't end up in a fight.

- Christopher Hitchens

#13 Blade

Blade

Administrator

• Monarch
  • 163 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 09:40 PM

Dante turned his head as this " hero " approached him, His spiky hair alone was laughable but then he came further towards Dante's face.

"Why don't you just go sit down somewhere else so I don't have to look at you?"

Dante tried to calm himself, He thought about what his father would say if his anger got the best of him. " Don't do it Dante, It's just a strike one for him. " Dante thought to himself.

"You're so ugly,

Dante was getting pissed now he crumbled his fist together. " Easy Dante, Just strike 2, he won't be stupid enough to make it strike 3 "

"Anyway, kindly shut the--"

" Strike three " Dante thought to himself.

Dante stepped towards him his face was almost on his. " Next time kid know who you're fuking with "

Dante arched back as he looked like he was about to lay off and then he quickly came back and punched him in the face. As the kid flew back Dante caught him with his left hand and soon he fell to the ground. Dante stepped over him....

" Haha, how's the floor.....badass...."

Dante picked up his foot and proceeded to kick him in the face, His anger was uncontrollable and he continued to kick him...

a>

#14 Valor

Valor

Valorous

• Monarch
  • 3,874 posts
  • This is My Design

User's Awards

Posted 25 May 2011 - 11:49 PM

Durant rose a hand as the new boy named Kaze stepped forth and asked if he was late or not.

"You're fine, don't worry. Just hang out until the rest of the crew shows up."

Another boy sauntered in and made rude comments about the others before... sitting in the snow. Landri and Durant exchanged looks. Durant lowered his arms to his sides as Neoph went off and acted tough. Quickly the boy was on the ground being kicked by the newcomer. Durant pushed Landri gently aside and strode up to the boy.

He reared back his fist and slammed it into Dante's cheek, leveling him instantly. He walked over and stood over Dante, slamming his foot into the boy's chest, applying pressure quickly.

"I don't know who you area, but whoever let trash like you in here should be fired. You gonna calm down, or do I have to beat some sense into you?"

Landri rushed to Neoph's side, picking him out of the snow and touching a hand to his bruised cheek.

"Are you alright, kid? The hell were you thinking saying that kind of stuff to him? That's our job, dumbass."

She helped him back to his feet and asked him if he needed to go to the infirmary. She looked over to Durant and then to the other charges. She pressed his hand to her forehead. This was not the introduction she had intended to give them.

Edited by Valor, 25 May 2011 - 11:51 PM.

#15 The Dream

The Dream

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,967 posts
  • ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Posted 26 May 2011 - 12:01 AM

Valery kept staring at the ground, the insult from Dante flew from one end of her head, out the other side. She took no notice, it was like she didn't even hear him. To tell the truth, Valery was still thinking about her mother and father. She moved her head up and then heard some yelling from behind her, she glanced back and saw Neoph fighting with someone, someone who was much taller than herself.

She rolled her eyes and looked out in front of her. "Boys.." she mumbled to herself. She never was interested in knowing more about them, she just lived with the idea that they got to do all the cool stuff while girls like her were encouraged to wear frilly dresses and prance around like a pixie. She folded up her map and placed it in her pocket for safe keeping. Feeling a little curious, she looked back to see what the pair were up to.

She widened her eyes when she saw Neoph on the ground being kicked non stop by the other boy. She looked closer and recognized the boy other boy from the Gummi Hanger, he was that rude one that she hoped she wouldn't have to meet. She watched Professor Oaks and Professor Suzuli run to the fight and break it up. Valery still unaware of what happened raised her eyebrow then noticed another boy had come, a boy that looked about the same age as Valery. Slowly she walked over to him to see if he knew what happened in the first place.

"Um, you know what the fighting's all about?" she asked, not moved her eyes from the scene. Valery was completely in dark with what happened.

Edited by Valor, 26 May 2011 - 12:04 AM.

TheDreamEX.png

Gif not by me

A little one

#16 Blade

Blade

Administrator

• Monarch
  • 163 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 12:04 AM

Dante laid as Durant's foot pressed on his chest. He wanted nothing more than to grab his ankle and break it, but he needed to be here he came for one reason and one reason only.

" GET...YOUR FOOT OFF OF ME OLD MAN! " yelled Dante

Dante's anger was soon released and he dropped his head back on the floor to relax. He looked up and then his eyes met Durant's

" This is bullshit, He start's shit and I get bitched at? Kinda unfair isn't it old man "

Dante chuckled for a few seconds and his face soon turned serious

" Now your foot..."

a>

#17 Secret Igshar

Secret Igshar

Pwner of Noobs

• Monarch
  • 3,796 posts
  • your worst nightmare

User's Awards

Posted 26 May 2011 - 12:08 AM

Gabriel took the insults in stride, not wanting to further injure his first impression. He hurriedly apologized to Landri, saying how he hadn't meant to ignore her before he slipped off to the side.

He watched Neoph acting incredibly... creepy toward Valery. He would have felt the need to protect the poor girl if she had seemed to mind it at all. He sneered at how clingy he was being toward the poor little girl. He didn't have much respect for the guy at the moment, but hoped that would change soon.

Unfortunately, those hopes were shattered almost instantly as he trounced up to another newbie, acting the white knight for Valery as he assaulted the new guy, who clearly wanted to be alone, with myriad insults. He sighed, shaking his head slowly. The professors, naturally, stepped in. Silly. Great first impressions from the both of them. He heard the meek voice of Valery float across, asking the other newcomer, Kaze, about the circumstances of the fight.

Not trying to be rude, but possibly coming across that way, Gabriel answered her quickly, "That Neoph fellow's defending your honor by cussing out the loud one." He stuffed his hands into his pockets and breathed, "Those two were chosen by the Keyblade? Really? Forgive me if I find that somewhat hard to believe." He dropped to his rump in the snow quickly and folded his legs, idly watching the drama before him, not wanting to get involved in silly, childish nonsense.

#18 Valor

Valor

Valorous

• Monarch
  • 3,874 posts
  • This is My Design

User's Awards

Posted 26 May 2011 - 12:11 AM

Durant's gaze was stone solid and unwavering at he looked down at Dante. The insult about his age pinged off of his armor as if it were nothing. He kept the pressure to the boy's chest.

"He definitely started it, but you took it too far, kid. It's our job to be the order around here. Not yours. I don't blame you for hitting him. I would have too. Likewise, you can't blame me for intervening. I can't and will not allow this sort of behavior."

Durant said more than he probably should have, but he had to make a stand right now in front of these new kids that they were not to be trifled with or crossed.

"As for my foot..." Durant said, pressing it harder to his chest,
"I haven't forgotten about it, if that's what you're trying to say."

"What's your name, anyway?"
Durant asked the boy, holding him down until the snow had sufficiently cooled his temper.

#19 Blade

Blade

Administrator

• Monarch
  • 163 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 12:18 AM

Durant put even more pressure after the comments Dante had made.

"What's your name, anyway?"

Dante sighed, he knew that he wouldn't let go of his foot unless he complied. Dante picked up his head and looked at Durant, he then laid it back on the floor and looked up.

" Dante, Dante Shar " replied Dante.

" If you want me to apologize I won't, I'm not a bad person I'm just misunderstood, I've been through a lot and I came here for one thing as we all did. I was headed to my seat as that little punk got in my face and I did try and get past him but the insults kept rising. My anger get's the best of me and at times I can't control it and if you want me to promise you that it won't happen again...I won't. But I can assure you that I'm here to learn. Now again....your foot "

a>

#20 Valor

Valor

Valorous

• Monarch
  • 3,874 posts
  • This is My Design

User's Awards

Posted 26 May 2011 - 12:44 AM

Durant was informed of the boy's name and pulled the list from his pocket again, pressing his chest once more after being reminded of his foot. Sure enough, there was Dante Shar. He sighed and released him, helping the boy to his feet.

"Just stay away from that kid for now, alright? We don't need this today, and I really don't want to have to assign bodyguards to keep you two off of each other."

He turned to the other students and then to Landri, wondering if Neophs was feeling alright. He looked around the concourse and then back at his list of names. There were still a few who hadn't shown up yet. He began to wonder if they should push back today's work to the next day because of the incident.