Valor

Valorous

• Monarch
  • 3,874 posts
  • This is My Design

User's Awards

Posted 25 May 2011 - 01:58 PM

Posted Image

Sixth installment of Final Fantasy, originally called Final Fantasy 3 in America because we weren't good enough for the real Final Fantasies 2, 3, and 5 initially. Released on the SNES in 1994, ported to the Playstation 1 in 1999 under Final Fantasy Anthologies (along with Chrono Trigger) and also released as a GBA game in 2007 before finally being put out on the Wii Virtual Console and PSN in 2011 [Still pending in America].

Features a cast of 14 characters and forgoes the traditional job system like Final Fantasies 2 and 4 before it. Each character loosely fits into a traditional class. The story is rather expansive and details the plight of our heroes versus Kefka's meanness.

To be honest, I never finished this game so far, as the first time I played my Anthologies version I power leveled at the river and lost interest in the game. Currently playing through it again and having a bit more fun with it. Feel free to discuss anything/everything concerning Final Fantasy VI, which is arguably the best of the original 6 games.

#2 Lexaeus

Lexaeus

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,713 posts
  • Naturally Hated by All

Posted 25 May 2011 - 02:08 PM

Just might be my favorite game, with the understanding of when it came out.

I say its the best Final Fantasy and I have learned that a large group of people agree with me.

It's a bit different that the typical ff with a large, but fantastic, cast as well as some gameplay changes. Maybe one day I'll write a paper on this game, idk. Have a question, send it my way.

#3 Dion

Dion

Knight

• Knight
  • 2,565 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 05:45 PM

I really enjoyed this game. I remember trying to max out my characters stats using espers in my 2nd play through, but to no avail. I love every character in the game, especially Sabin. Sabin. <333 The story is perfect, and the music, with Uemetsu, you can't go wrong. Epic addition to the FF series. It probably closes in at 4th favorite FF of all time, after 9, 10 and 4. :3

#4 Valor

Valor

Valorous

• Monarch
  • 3,874 posts
  • This is My Design

User's Awards

Posted 25 May 2011 - 06:35 PM

I definitely see why people love this game now as I'm actually playing it. There's a lot of depth to the characters (which is surprising with the size of the cast) and while they do hit the cliché pipe a bit hard with some of them, it's forgivable because the story is pretty interesting and engaging.

147.png

#5 Dion

Dion

Knight

• Knight
  • 2,565 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 09:46 AM

I definitely see why people love this game now as I'm actually playing it. There's a lot of depth to the characters (which is surprising with the size of the cast) and while they do hit the cliché pipe a bit hard with some of them, it's forgivable because the story is pretty interesting and engaging.

Are you playing the GBA version? Please do play that one. It has a ton of extras and is probably the definitive version. I love it. <3

#6 Valor

Valor

Valorous

• Monarch
  • 3,874 posts
  • This is My Design

User's Awards

Posted 28 May 2011 - 09:52 AM

Are you playing the GBA version? Please do play that one. It has a ton of extras and is probably the definitive version. I love it. <3

Negative. I have Anthologies. I picked it up years back when I saw it had 6 on it. I also have Chronicles...? the one with IV and V on it for the same reasons. IV is nearly unplayable for me on there though because menu load times drive me insane. V was a good play last I recall though. So yeah. Don't got no GBA, but I'm not sure what they had in that that isn't in Anthologies.

Also Sabin + Edgar is broken as hell.

147.png

#7 Dion

Dion

Knight

• Knight
  • 2,565 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 09:55 AM

The GBA version has rewritten script, extra bosses and side quests. Sabin and Edgar are fixed up, and Sabin has some more Blitz techniques. Yeah, its pretty awesome. Thats the one I played. You should definitely play that version if you ever feel like playing again. VBA works, too. ;D

#8 Lexaeus

Lexaeus

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,713 posts
  • Naturally Hated by All

Posted 28 May 2011 - 10:02 AM

gba >> ps1 >> snes

except in terms of sound, gba lost the sound quality

#9 Dion

Dion

Knight

• Knight
  • 2,565 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 10:04 AM

gba >> ps1 >> snes

except in terms of sound, gba lost the sound quality

Well what would you expect? It was super compressed. The graphics quality is still better though.

#10 Lexaeus

Lexaeus

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,713 posts
  • Naturally Hated by All

Posted 28 May 2011 - 10:05 AM

Well what would you expect? It was super compressed. The graphics quality is still better though.

I was disappointing to have such a great soundtrack not get to live up due to tech issues.

#11 Dion

Dion

Knight

• Knight
  • 2,565 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 10:06 AM

I was disappointing to have such a great soundtrack not get to live up due to tech issues.

Indeed. The game needs a definitive remake like FF4. FF4 on the PSP is epic. I'd LOVE seeing FF6 go through a similar translation. <3

#12 Lexaeus

Lexaeus

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,713 posts
  • Naturally Hated by All

Posted 28 May 2011 - 10:08 AM

Indeed. The game needs a definitive remake like FF4. FF4 on the PSP is epic. I'd LOVE seeing FF6 go through a similar translation. <3

I'd love to see that for psp. I love to see it even more on the ps3. FF6 and supposedly FF7 need remakes on the ps3. That would be so much epic.

#13 Dion

Dion

Knight

• Knight
  • 2,565 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 10:10 AM

I'd love to see that for psp. I love to see it even more on the ps3. FF6 and supposedly FF7 need remakes on the ps3. That would be so much epic.

Nah. A PS3 remake would need them to remake the environment and everything. They'll add in areas, since its gonna be a bigger scale of an environment, and ultimately, the game might lose its feel. I don't want that. Same goes for FF7.

#14 Valor

Valor

Valorous

• Monarch
  • 3,874 posts
  • This is My Design

User's Awards

Posted 28 May 2011 - 10:38 AM

I really don't think 6 needs a full fledged remake. It works really well the way it is currently designed, and if FF7 is too much work for them to remake, I have to assume that 6 would be similar. Also for 7 they have voice actors for the entire cast, not to mention high res renders which may be able to be used for the game if it was made. Six they have basically no assets for it whatsoever. Plus the game works really well as is.

I forget where I left off in 6 yesterday. Just did the sealed cave, which was really annoying with the Lifeshaver from the Ings and the Zombones which take massive damage (unless I cast fire with Terra which hit 1000, or Templar with Gau which likes to cast Fire 2)

I think I have to head back to Vector next, and I switched up my team from Terra/Cyan/Gau/Setzer to Locke/Terra/Sabin/Edgar. I would have used Mog, but he's still two levels higher than everyone else. I also named him Kupo.

147.png

#15 Dion

Dion

Knight

• Knight
  • 2,565 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 02:08 PM

I frankly think that a Complete Collection-isq remake would do the game good. The pacing would be considerably better and the game more bearable. :0

#16 Ame Otani

Ame Otani

Page

• Page
  • 16 posts

Posted 04 June 2011 - 11:57 AM

FFVI Advance not a good remake? x3;

It added the Soul Shrine and the Dragon's D-E-N (because apparently that word is censored).

Edited by Ame Otani, 04 June 2011 - 12:00 PM.

#17 Dion

Dion

Knight

• Knight
  • 2,565 posts

Posted 04 June 2011 - 11:12 PM

FFVI Advance not a good remake? x3;

It added the Soul Shrine and the Dragon's D-E-N (because apparently that word is censored).

I dont think anyone said FFIV Advanced wasn't a good remake. Its currently the definitive version of the game. I just want another remake with updated graphics.

#18 Killa DeX

Killa DeX

Page

• Page
  • 11 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 01:01 PM

Hopefully VI will be ported to PSN soon