7 replies to this topic

#1 Dion

Dion

Knight

• Knight
  • 2,565 posts

Posted 04 June 2011 - 11:42 PM

Posted Image

My favorite tactics game to date. A highly political plot, a great set of characters, an expansive job and ability system, and great mechanics make this a must have for all tactics fans. Plus, it gave us Ivalice. <3 Discuss this old school RPG here.

#2 The Dream

The Dream

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,967 posts
  • ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Posted 05 June 2011 - 01:06 AM

I've got this game. Got an artwork card with it too. I love this game, makes you think with tactic (probably why the word "tactics" is in the title), enjoy cut scenes and so on ^^. Gotta say though, it took me a little while to finish it the first time through. I've got the PSP remake of it (it'd be impossible for me to the original due to the lack of FF games sold here >.>).

TheDreamEX.png

tumblr_n6lpksz2V81sfgfh0o1_500.gif

Gif not by me

A little one

#3 Dion

Dion

Knight

• Knight
  • 2,565 posts

Posted 05 June 2011 - 11:59 AM

I've got this game. Got an artwork card with it too. I love this game, makes you think with tactic (probably why the word "tactics" is in the title), enjoy cut scenes and so on ^^. Gotta say though, it took me a little while to finish it the first time through. I've got the PSP remake of it (it'd be impossible for me to the original due to the lack of FF games sold here >.>).

Theres not a lot of Cut Scenes in the game... maybe 2 or three animated ones. The others are really bland in my opinion. Also, this IS the thread for the remake. The original didn't have the "War of The Lions" subtitle. :|

#4 The Dream

The Dream

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,967 posts
  • ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Posted 05 June 2011 - 03:47 PM

Theres not a lot of Cut Scenes in the game... maybe 2 or three animated ones. The others are really bland in my opinion. Also, this IS the thread for the remake. The original didn't have the "War of The Lions" subtitle. :|

My bad, I didn't know that the first didn't have the subtitle >.>.

Anyway. The cut scenes aren't that bad. I should've been more specific and said that I like the animated ones :/. This game is all about politics though so you can't expect the most amazing cutscenes anyway.

TheDreamEX.png

tumblr_n6lpksz2V81sfgfh0o1_500.gif

Gif not by me

A little one

#5 Dexel Hydagara

Dexel Hydagara

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,310 posts
  • Arcade Adept

Posted 24 June 2011 - 05:53 PM

This has been up for 19 days and I never noticed? What the d- D=<

>ahem< Well, glad to see a thread's up for this. When I got a PSP, this was the first game I bought for it since I had played the original.

A lot of things were kept the same, but I liked
Spoiler

The script was...interesting. Cutscenes were few but so pretty, especially with Delita. ;w;

Edited by Dexel, 24 June 2011 - 07:39 PM.

2j87ib.jpg

#6 AsiiaN

AsiiaN

Page

• Page
  • 10 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 06:22 PM

Well I don't really like it so much... cause the gameplay is such slow... but yeah that's tactic so...

#7 Crimson Crashing

Crimson Crashing

Page

• Page
  • 134 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 10:37 PM

This game was amazing. The best thing I had ever put in my PSP.
Posted Image

To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

#8 Cerberus

Cerberus

Page

• Page
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 09:59 PM

i owned the ps version and loved it so made sure i got the remake when it came out