• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Shino

Shino

Ex-Admin

• Paladin
  • 1,042 posts

Posted 12 June 2011 - 08:38 PM

How much music do you currently own? How much space does it occupy on your computer and how many songs do you have?

According to iTunes I currently have 2962 songs and they take up 14.01 GB on my computer. The time is 7 days.

http://www.knightly-...line=1346227521

Life is but a handful of dust - ANTHM

3 Years Gone. Still missing you, my dear friend. R.I.P Tynielle Silvera.

#2 The Dream

The Dream

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,967 posts
  • ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Posted 12 June 2011 - 10:53 PM

I love music and I'd have much more than that, if I could afford them :l. I've only got 971 songs and it takes up 4.01 GB.

It'd be bigger, if I was loose with enough money to download lots of songs/buy some more CD albums.

TheDreamEX.png

tumblr_n6lpksz2V81sfgfh0o1_500.gif

Gif not by me

A little one

#3 Dion

Dion

Knight

• Knight
  • 2,565 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 03:13 PM

I listen to music all the time. Currently, the music on my computer occupies 4.6 GB. The Music on my phone, which I use as a substitute for an iPod, has 14.3 GB on it. :0

#4 Twist of Fate

Twist of Fate

Page

• Page
  • 58 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 08:43 PM

I listen to a load of music. According to my Itunes Library, I have 2500 songs exact, with the total time of 6.2 days. The total size is 14.69 Gigs. In a months time, it could be up to 15 gigs. XD
Posted Image
Posted Image

Nothing is true, everything is permitted

#5 Waker

Waker

Knight

• Knight
  • 783 posts
  • a boy with lots of lists and books

Posted 23 June 2011 - 08:52 PM

I have 6741 songs taking up 86.6 GB on an attached dock for my laptop totaling two weeks, two days, twenty hours, twenty-seven minutes, and twenty-six point nine-hundred thirty-two thousandth seconds (2wk 2d 20:27:26.932).

I listen to them about two to three days total out of a week. I would listen to them more often if the song ordering didn't repeat songs I'd already heard before the ordering changed every time I added new songs. I know I haven't heard all of them; the ones I haven't may have played while I fell asleep with the headphones on. Hooray for text numbers.

Edited by Waker, 23 June 2011 - 08:57 PM.

11vpmw8.jpg

"Censorship is telling a man he can't have a steak just because a baby can't chew it."
— Mark Twain

“I divide my officers into four classes; the clever, the lazy, the industrious, and the stupid. Each officer possesses at least two of these qualities. Those who are clever and industrious are fitted for the highest staff appointments. Use can be made of those who are stupid and lazy. The man who is clever and lazy however is for the very highest command; he has the temperament and nerves to deal with all situations. But whoever is stupid and industrious is a menace and must be removed immediately!”
— General Kurt von Hammerstein-Equord

#6 Dexel Hydagara

Dexel Hydagara

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,310 posts
  • Arcade Adept

Posted 23 June 2011 - 09:02 PM

As of now, I have only 457 songs, which takes up a measly 1.54 GB and lasts 25 hours, 11 minutes, and 35 seconds ( 25:11:35, or if you wish to be precise, 1 day 1 hr 11 min 35 sec ).

Listen to music at least an hour each day, though. :3

Edited by Dexel, 24 June 2011 - 12:07 AM.

2j87ib.jpg

#7 Solareon

Solareon

Page

• Page
  • 37 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 12:07 AM

Well I gave up TV 3 months ago (Lies, my TV broke and Im to cheap and lazy to ger a new one.) So Im pretty much listening to music all the time, even now, well not now. Now Im watching the end of 300 on youtube.

TO VICTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted Image

No matter if I go down the right or the wrong one, it will be my choice and my choice alone.

Posted Image

#8 Simbabwe

Simbabwe

Page

• Page
  • 13 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 12:09 AM

I have 1,184 songs on my iTouch. I listen to music all the time - all day, everyday. Well, not as much as I used to, but I still always listen to music when writing, doing shit on here, etc. I don't like silence. I'm actually listening to music right now. 8D

#9 Shino

Shino

Ex-Admin

• Paladin
  • 1,042 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 03:48 PM

I listen to music all day everyday. I listen to it when I wake up, during the day and before I go to sleep. I take my phone and iPod everywhere. I always have a pair of headphones with me. I go through a pair of 12 Dollar headphones in a couple of weeks because of how loud I like to listen to my music. I also think I might be going deaf because of it.

I'll update this post in a couple minutes with how many songs I have, etc. I think I have like 500 new songs since the last update.

http://www.knightly-...line=1346227521

Life is but a handful of dust - ANTHM

3 Years Gone. Still missing you, my dear friend. R.I.P Tynielle Silvera.

#10 Reservoir

Reservoir

Owner

• Emperor
  • 561 posts
  • Wrong choice.

User's Awards

Posted 22 December 2011 - 02:12 AM

WOW. Some of you have a lot of music. @_@
I don't have much music myself. I don't have the money to spend on this sort of stuff. But, at least I don't know too many songs, anyway...

I have a little bit over 1.3 GB of music and around 835 files.
However, a few songs aren't really different. For some songs, I have the TV sizes/openings and endings of anime plus I have the the fulls of the songs. In a few cases, I also have the video of the opening/ending, too.
Besides that, a lot of my music is instrumental. I like anime a lot, and some anime have very nice music. So, I'll get the soundtracks and listen to the instrumental music from the anime. My other instrumentals come from the Kingdom Hearts OSTs. I don't yet have the music for each game of the series, though.
Only about 184 songs are actually just normal, lyric, English-language music. >_>;

I actually don't even listen to all of the music that I have.
I hardly ever listen to any of the English-language music anymore.
I don't listen to all of the instrumentals. For the ones that are from anime, I typically don't like every single song. But, I keep the soundtrack together. I simply don't add the ones I don't like to my playlist. <_<
There are a few Japanese songs that I have that I don't listen to, either. This is another case of keeping music together: I have a collection of openings and endings of an anime. Most of the endings I don't like, but I just didn't rid of them.

So, the actual amount of music that I have to enjoy is probably quite small. I have no idea what the total number, time, or size of that is, though.

As for how often I listen to music... It varies. Sometimes I'll listen to it for days in a row; sometimes I'll start going several days to nearing a couple of weeks without listening to music. I'm usually somewhere in between the both of those, though.
Most recently, I listen to music at least some length of time every day. It isn't always a long time, but sometimes it is.
Music can be very calming or sobering, and I've been using it for that purpose quite a lot as of late. Otherwise, I've just been enjoying the beauty of it~.

I listen to music all day everyday. I listen to it when I wake up, during the day and before I go to sleep. I take my phone and iPod everywhere. I always have a pair of headphones with me. I go through a pair of 12 Dollar headphones in a couple of weeks because of how loud I like to listen to my music. I also think I might be going deaf because of it.

I don't get it. Why do you listen to music so loudly? It's considerably unhealthy, as I imagine you can tell by the fact that you yourself can declare that you think you may be going deaf as a consequence. I don't think you would even need that as an indication; the fact that your headphones go so quickly and so frequently would tell you that something is wrong and that you are at the same risk... :/ I imagine that the situation is made even worse by how often you listen to music...

Posted Image