39 replies to this topic

#21 Wynn

Wynn

Squire

• Squire
  • 695 posts

User's Awards

Posted 01 July 2011 - 12:05 AM

.gif files for avatars. Can we make it possible? Or is there something I'm missing?

// Specifically, animated ones =x Which are commonly .gif files.

Edited by Wynn, 01 July 2011 - 12:08 AM.

#22 Crimson Crashing

Crimson Crashing

Page

• Page
  • 134 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 01:43 AM

I have an animated avvie for the forum and the Inferno.
Posted Image

To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

#23 Shino

Shino

Ex-Admin

• Paladin
  • 1,042 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 01:12 AM

What about bringing the main site back but having it more organized this time? Like, one section for news, one for videos, one for reviews and then a polls section. The reviews section could be split up into two groups, one for older games and one for recent games. The news section could be split up by system and the videos section could be split up into two subcategories. One with gameplay, and one with walkthroughs. Eh, it sounded better in my head though.

Edited by Shino, 05 July 2011 - 01:30 AM.

http://www.knightly-...line=1346227521

Life is but a handful of dust - ANTHM

3 Years Gone. Still missing you, my dear friend. R.I.P Tynielle Silvera.

#24 Secret Igshar

Secret Igshar

Pwner of Noobs

• Monarch
  • 3,796 posts
  • your worst nightmare

User's Awards

Posted 05 July 2011 - 01:28 AM

The only issue with that is... well... who would write/make all of our content? I likely wouldn't be helping too much with it. :\

a5g7ld.gif

Kingroy: ( 4:40 PM - 02/10/14) u can't own black people

Kingroy: ( 4:40 PM - 02/10/14) #ThanksLincoln

#25 Xanius

Xanius

The Omega

• Emperor
  • 3,525 posts
  • Awakening

User's Awards

Posted 05 July 2011 - 01:30 AM

That's the main problem we've had with the main site. Not big enough to have a team devoted to it really. Once we got more active and a bit bigger sure, it'd be a great idea to have. But with the small community we have now I think it'd just fall apart like it has in the past. :/

Omega_Xanius.png

17ddgi.png

#26 qster

qster

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,216 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 03:08 AM

I'd be willing to work on the main site, if we were to ever have another one. I just stopped because I felt I wasn't doing anything worthwhile and that I was treated more like a joke or filler position. As long as people comment and discuss, I'd be willing to work on the main site, again.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Posted Image

#27 Blade

Blade

Administrator

• Monarch
  • 163 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 03:09 AM

Yes, the idea with the main site is to have a good team that is devoted to just writing blogs. Currently though we do not have that. In the near future I expect to have a main site up though.

#28 Secret Igshar

Secret Igshar

Pwner of Noobs

• Monarch
  • 3,796 posts
  • your worst nightmare

User's Awards

Posted 05 July 2011 - 01:32 PM

If/when we get a main site set up, we either need to link the main site posts directly into the forums, making them automatically start forum topics when they're posted, or the staffer who makes the front page post should also then start a topic on the site relating to that post with a link from the main page post to the thread on the forum.

That's why our main site back on oldkg was so shitty, since it was run completely independently of the forums. It needs to link back to the forums through each post similarly to how other forum sites do it in order to make it actually... useful and conducive to the growth of the site as a whole.

a5g7ld.gif

#29 Shino

Shino

Ex-Admin

• Paladin
  • 1,042 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 02:36 PM

The only issue with that is... well... who would write/make all of our content? I likely wouldn't be helping too much with it. :\

That's the main problem we've had with the main site. Not big enough to have a team devoted to it really. Once we got more active and a bit bigger sure, it'd be a great idea to have. But with the small community we have now I think it'd just fall apart like it has in the past. :/

It was only a suggestion guys :| I see where you two are coming from though.

#30 Dion

Dion

Knight

• Knight
  • 2,565 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 02:38 PM

Q, Bunny and I wrote articles to maintain it, but they were all half assed or worse. :x

...V HAS COME TO...

dQqhfU.gif

ngoahxS.jpg

#31 Valor

Valor

Valorous

• Monarch
  • 3,874 posts
  • This is My Design

User's Awards

Posted 05 July 2011 - 02:57 PM

Q, Bunny and I wrote articles to maintain it, but they were all half assed or worse. :x

And that's why you got fired.

But seriously, main site would need to be basically overview of forums. Maybe reviews. Maybe not. I really don't see a need for another video game review site, so... *shrugs*

147.png

#32 qster

qster

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,216 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 04:28 PM

And that's why you got fired.

But seriously, main site would need to be basically overview of forums. Maybe reviews. Maybe not. I really don't see a need for another video game review site, so... *shrugs*

Who said we would only do reviews? On old KG, I did mainly video game news after doing just a couple reviews in the beginning. I know that people really wouldn't be interested in reviews, so doing news stories would be better (and probably much easier)anyway.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Posted Image

#33 Shino

Shino

Ex-Admin

• Paladin
  • 1,042 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 03:26 PM

How about a few more arcade games? I think everyone here has outplayed the ones we currently have. If need be, I can try them out myself and add them.

#34 Blade

Blade

Administrator

• Monarch
  • 163 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 03:27 PM

I tried but the developer on v3arcade.com has stopped creating games for some reason.

EDIT: I think I can get some more.

A lot more games have been added. Enjoy!

Edited by Artemis, 19 July 2011 - 06:53 PM.

#35 Shino

Shino

Ex-Admin

• Paladin
  • 1,042 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 04:58 PM

Thank you for adding in new arcade games. What about blogs? I kinda liked updating my blog and all that. There were like 200 blog entries on old KG. Let's bring that back as well.

#36 Lexaeus

Lexaeus

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,713 posts
  • Naturally Hated by All

Posted 03 December 2011 - 05:07 AM

Every time I come here I'm redirected to http://knightly-game...file.php?do=dst . I suggest that is fixed. Been happening for the last month.

Zanca327.png

“Sorrow can be alleviated by good sleep, a bath and a glass of wine.” - Saint Thomas Aquinas

#37 Secret Igshar

Secret Igshar

Pwner of Noobs

• Monarch
  • 3,796 posts
  • your worst nightmare

User's Awards

Posted 03 December 2011 - 09:56 AM

That happens because of your dst settings. It was happening to me for a while. I'll fix you like I fixed myself. :I

a5g7ld.gif

#38 Lexaeus

Lexaeus

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,713 posts
  • Naturally Hated by All

Posted 03 December 2011 - 05:51 PM

Uh, well now I don't know to fix it in the future.

Zanca327.png

“Sorrow can be alleviated by good sleep, a bath and a glass of wine.” - Saint Thomas Aquinas

#39 Secret Igshar

Secret Igshar

Pwner of Noobs

• Monarch
  • 3,796 posts
  • your worst nightmare

User's Awards

Posted 03 December 2011 - 09:55 PM

Uh, well now I don't know to fix it in the future.

What I did was to change your DST settings to not detect it automatically. It started when the DST settings switched. Not sure why, but meh. I tried to fix it myself via User CP but then the thing kept redirecting me whenever I tried to do ANYTHING in the User CP. I'd click the link and it redirected me. Every time. So I gave up and did it via Admin CP.

That's why I did it that way for you, too. Since I imagine you'd have run into the same difficulty as I did.

a5g7ld.gif

#40 Lexaeus

Lexaeus

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,713 posts
  • Naturally Hated by All

Posted 04 December 2011 - 01:20 AM

What I did was to change your DST settings to not detect it automatically. It started when the DST settings switched. Not sure why, but meh. I tried to fix it myself via User CP but then the thing kept redirecting me whenever I tried to do ANYTHING in the User CP. I'd click the link and it redirected me. Every time. So I gave up and did it via Admin CP.

That's why I did it that way for you, too. Since I imagine you'd have run into the same difficulty as I did.

You're the best grass pokemon I know. (Sorry, qster.)

Zanca327.png