85 replies to this topic

#1 Epic

Epic

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,196 posts
  • I'M BACK BITCHES

Posted 23 June 2011 - 09:35 PM

Ancient Egypt - 5000 years in the past...

Long ago, when the pyramids were still young, Egyptian kings played a game of great and terrible power. But these shadow games erupted into a war that threatened to destroy the entire world, until a brave and powerful pharaoh locked the magic away, imprisoning it within the mystical Millennium Items.

That is our story. A few very important people have been lost in the pages of history. Their deeds to assist the great pharaoh have been forgotten. On an expedition, a man happened across an ancient library deep in the heart of the Egyptian desert. It was there where he found an ancient scroll that told the story of the forgotten heroes.

Character Form:

Name:
Monster:
Personality:

My Character

Name:
Amun

Monster:
Endymion - The Master Magician (Yet to be discovered)

Personality:
Childish. He is constantly scolded for his behavior. As an apprentice to the pharaoh, he is expected to be strong and mature, for he will one day be the pharaoh's high priest.

Pharaoh's Apprentice

Edited by Poppa Epic, 24 June 2011 - 01:06 AM.

hitchens-1949-2011-by-Gasper-Tringale.jp

“Take the risk of thinking for yourself. Much more happiness, truth, beauty, and wisdom will come to you that way. I promise."

- Christopher Hitchens

#2 The Dream

The Dream

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,967 posts
  • ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Posted 24 June 2011 - 05:08 AM

My character :x
Name: Halima

Monster: Invader of Darkness

Personality: Halima does not fear danger, in fact it almost seems like she goes looking for it. She will not back down from a fight unless there are very special circumstances. The things that does separate her from others is here giving nature. She may be starving, but she would give a loaf of bread to an animal or child if they had nothing to eat. Even though Halima has a life that is shrouded in mystery, pain and misery, Halima doesn't forget what it wrong or right and that one good dead leads to another in return.

Appearance: Halima has charcoal back hair that goes down to her shoulders. It's always straight, but that's because she barely has a shower. When it has been washed it looks slightly more fluffy, softer and silkier. Her eye colour is dark brown but you can see small hints of green around inner rim of the iris. Her skin is a light brown colour. Her body build is strong and she neither slim nor obese.

She wears a cream coloured t-shirt that is slightly torn on the sleeves. Cover her lower body she has brown shorts. Covering her back is a long cloak that goes down to her ankles. at the top of the cloak there is a hood that hangs down on her back when Halima is not wearing it. On her feet she wears dark brown sandals.

Occupation: Stealing treasures and selling them in the black market

Edited by The Dream, 24 June 2011 - 05:11 PM.

TheDreamEX.png

tumblr_n6lpksz2V81sfgfh0o1_500.gif

Gif not by me

A little one

#3 Epic

Epic

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,196 posts
  • I'M BACK BITCHES

Posted 24 June 2011 - 01:01 PM

Your character is accepted. Now, we wait for Wynn.

“Take the risk of thinking for yourself. Much more happiness, truth, beauty, and wisdom will come to you that way. I promise."

- Christopher Hitchens

#4 Wynn

Wynn

Squire

• Squire
  • 695 posts

User's Awards

Posted 24 June 2011 - 01:34 PM

Name: Kosey

Monster: Gaia Plate the Earth Giant

Personality: Known to never back down from challenges, he has faced numerous situations where danger has hounded him down. Though this might be the case, Kosey is a defensive man who doesn't want to associate with those he deems lesser people.

#5 Epic

Epic

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,196 posts
  • I'M BACK BITCHES

Posted 24 June 2011 - 01:42 PM

((Alright. Accepted. Now, let us begin. Dream already knows this, but I will be controlling the NPCs. ie. Atem, Seto, Bakura, etc))

Amun carried the buckets of water to the pharaoh's throne room. Atem was waiting, a small smile on his face.

"Very good, apprentice. Now do it again." Atem's smile visibly grew. Amun was obviously not happy. He set the buckets down.

"B-But pharaoh!" No sooner did Amun speak when he was hit over the head with Seto's Millennium Rod. "Ow!"

"You will obey the pharaoh without question." Seto gazed down at Amun with a look that could make Ra himself run in fear. Amun hung his head.

"Yes, pharaoh..." He ran off to fetch more water.

Edited by Poppa Epic, 24 June 2011 - 01:53 PM.

- Christopher Hitchens

#6 The Dream

The Dream

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,967 posts
  • ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Posted 24 June 2011 - 04:59 PM

(OOC: I added an appearance thing to my template)

"Street Rat! Come back with my dates!" a rather obese man ran through crowds with his fist above his head. Sweat beads ran down the side of his face and covered his neck, it looked like he had a shower only moments ago. Many people stared at this man in disbelief. He knocked many pieces of merchandise and their owners. He was close to breaking many valuable vases by knocking them off their stalls.

Halima watched the man while running across rooftops. In her hand was a small sack of ten dates that she planned to eat for lunch. It was only a few minutes ago that she had managed to swipe them off the mans stall. Sadly a person standing by had told the man that she had stolen the dates, sending him on this chaotic chase after her. Halima had no regrets, she just wished he would give up leave her to eat the dates she stole.

Halima came across a jump which she thought would be easy to jump across, sadly she was wrong. She placed her foot on the sandstone ledge and leaped forward towards a ledge of another buildung. She fell down faster than expected, her hand missing the ledge and sending her tumbling down to the stalls beneath her. She aimed herself at a stall, to stop herself to falling to her doom and being spread across the ground. Halimas back hit the fabric top of the stall before it ripped and made her crash into the wood. The materials of the stall were weak and covered in dust. Pieces of wood flew all over the place along with giant dust clouds.

Coughing and waving her arms to keep the dust away from her, Halima slowly tried to climb up from her spot. The man had caught up to her which meant Halima was not going to have a quick escape. Running through the dusty cloud, he reached down to her and grabbed her by her shirt. Pulling her up to his face, her looked into her eyes with distasteful rage.

"Filthy street rat! The guards will deal with you!" he yelled at her with a rough voice. Halima was close enough to see each individual sweat bead on his face. She was not afraid, she was just worried that the man might yell again and end up spitting on her mouth. "Coward, calling the guards to defend your goods. You're not a man but a coward that calls guards to take care of a woman" Halima spoke calmly, before giving a sly grin.

Her choice of words angered the man even more. He pushed her back to the bottom of the stall and walked back. Rolling up his sleeves, he made his hands into fists and watched the girl. "Come on then! I'll deal with you myself!" the man spoke, the hair on his arms looked like they had risen up to intimidate Halima.

Hamila stood up and grinned. She placed the sac of dates in her pocket before putting her hands into fists in front of her. She slowly moved out and away from the stall, towards the man who was watching her every move. The man strafed left and right, before lunging forward and sending his fist towards Halimas face. Halima ducked, then did a sweep kick along the ground to knock the man onto the ground. There was a loud thud as he fell, his weight was a disadvantage to him when it came to being agile. The only thing helpful about his size was this attacks would've been strong and heavy. Rainer jumped back slightly then bent down to grab a wooden pole from the stall that down on the ground, not moving her eyes from the man. She stood back up and held the pole at one end with both her hands. It was long and it looked rather strong since it was the only thing that seemed to stay together in one piece.

The man had slowly risen from his spot on the ground. He looked at Halima still enraged. Running towards her, sent another fist at her head. Halima swiftly moved her head to the side, then whacked the mans head with the pole in her hand. The man stumbled away from her, holding the side of his had that was head. Looking back at Halima, he ran forward again and sent a fist towards her stomach. Halima side stepped again and hit the mans head again, this time a little harder. She didn't stop hitting him. She hit the back of the mans thighs then calf muscles. He yelled out in pain and fell to his knees. Halima sent one more swift blow to the back of his head, knocking him out and sending him to the ground.

People had been watching their brawl, Halima just grinned at them and dropped the pole to the ground before running into an alleyway. She didn't stop running and in doing so she turned at every corner. A good few minutes of running, she was away from the scene she had created and was now close to the palace. She slowed down and kept walking. A large wall appeared in front of her. She looked down to her left and saw guards standing at a opening that went past the walls. Halima sighed and walked backwards away from the wall, not up to fighting a royal guard. She stopped next to a building that was a good few meters away from the wall, about fifty meters if Halima counted. She slipped her hand into a few cracks and slowly started to climb a wall of the building.

She made it to the top, then walked to the ledge of the building that faced the wall she stopped at. Sitting on top of it, she looked past the wall to the beautiful clean grass that lay beyond it. A few long fountain strips lay in the middle of each large area of grass. A nice clean sandstone pathway lay down from where the guards were, to the a large building. It wasn't an ordinary building. It was large and looked like it had many rooms. This was the royal palace where the pharaoh and his loyal subject lived in luxury.

Halima had always wanted to live in the palace. She would be fine living as a servant there. At least she would have a job and good supply of food everyday. She would also be dressed in fine clothes since the pharaohs wouldn't want filth running around their palace. Halima sighed and pulled out the sack of dates she had stolen. Opening it up, she took on and placed in her mouth. Slowly she chewed it, savoring the taste that filled her mouth.

Halima thought about the possibility of coming from such a place. Halimas birth parents and place was a mystery to her. She can only remember her life from when she was five, and back then she was left alone on the streets. She wondered what it would be like if she was the daughter of a pharaoh. She finished her date, then grabbed another date from the sack to put into her mouth. She continued to eat, her mind wandering off to imaging her life as a royal.

TheDreamEX.png

Gif not by me

A little one

#7 Wynn

Wynn

Squire

• Squire
  • 695 posts

User's Awards

Posted 24 June 2011 - 05:59 PM

With the sun blazing upon the desert earth, Kosey's job was becoming harder than it needed to be. Not because the heat would deter him from doing his task but because the workers he would have to look after can barely stand on their two feet. A royal obelisk dedicated to the Pharaoh was nearing its deadline and progress was delayed drastically because of severe thirst. The Royal Guard's last resort was to provide water to these slaves from a nearby town, and unfortunately, Kosey has the unfortunate task of leading a water caravan from the construction site to said town and back again. ~

"Leave it to the scribes to overlook basic supplies. If it were I in charge, we wouldn't even be building a monument so far away from any of the towns, Chafulumisa." Kosey spoke to his steed, a semi-blind donkey that he had grown to voice his dissatisfaction to. The sun had indeed beat itself upon Kosey, as sweat started to fill his white, desert robe. He then took off his bronze helm, placing a rag overhead until he had reached the nearby town. It would've seemed like an eternity but life as an Egyptian foot soldier didn't have much excitement if you were place on overseer duty. Once they had arrived at the town though, a ruckus could be heard all the way from the market district.

"Pay no heed, Chafulumisa. I want to get the water and out of this place. It doesn't even seem like the guards assigned to this place can keep order amongst its people." said Kosey, as he left the caravan in a nearby oasis stop. The destination for the water caravan would ultimately be the head scribe's office to gain approval for their supplies, who would be found at the Pharaoh's palace. He soon quickly arrived in front of the gate, marveling at the fine craftsmanship of the palace and waiting to be let in by the guards.

#8 Epic

Epic

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,196 posts
  • I'M BACK BITCHES

Posted 24 June 2011 - 06:00 PM

After coming back with the pharaoh's water for what seemed like the millionth time, Atem said the words that Amun had been waiting to hear;

"That's good for now."

Amun collapsed, panting.

"What... was the... purpose... of that... great pharaoh?"

He managed to speak even though he could barely breathe. With a kind smile, Atem spoke.

"A High Priest must be strong in mind and spirit, yes. But he must also be strong in body as well."

Atem glanced over at Seto, jerking his head towards Amun.

"Of course, pharaoh."

Seto pointed at Amun.

"Guards! Hold him!"

In an instant, four of the palace guards ran to Amun, jerked him to his feet, and held him still. Amun struggled.

"Uh... pharaoh! What are you--"

"Shada."

Atem pointed at Amun. A bald man looked over at pharaoh and nodded.

"The Millennium Key will show me the power that dwells within him."

Shada walked over to Amun.

"Hold still... this will only take a moment."

Shada put his key to Amun's chest. After he turned it, Amun could feel a foreign presence in his mind. After a moment, the feeling was gone. Shada opened his eyes. He turned towards Atem.

"Pharaoh, inside his heart, he houses the spirit of the powerful Endymion. If he learns to unleash this spirit, he will have the ability to be an effective high priest."

Atem nodded in response to Shada's words.

"Very well. He will learn to control his spirit."

Atem turned to Amun.

"Guards, release him."

They did as they were told, dropping Amun. They returned to their posts.

"Go home, apprentice. Tomorrow, meet me here."

Amun nodded.

"Yes pharaoh."

He calmly walked out of the throne room, out of the palace, and into the city. He walked out and began climbing the palace wall, headed to his special spot on the top. Once at the top, he spotted a girl.

"What the..."

He walked over to the girl. She was eating some dates from a sack.

"Hey... um... i'm usually the only one up here."

He chuckled.

"My name is Amun Ankahf. I am the pharaoh's apprentice."

He gave her a huge, boyish grin.

"And you are?"

The guards noticed Kosey. They knew who he was.

"Come in, sir."

The guards stepped aside as the huge door opened.

Edited by Poppa Epic, 24 June 2011 - 06:03 PM.

- Christopher Hitchens

#9 The Dream

The Dream

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,967 posts
  • ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Posted 24 June 2011 - 06:28 PM

Halima was eating her fifth date before noticing a caravan approach the gates of the palace. She looked at the palace, then back to the caravan. Her chewing had halted as her attention was now on the caravan. She wondered where it would've come from. It couldn't have carried any treasures since the pharaoh would have kept that heavily guarded. There merely a few workers and one or two royal guard protecting this caravan.

She shrugged and decided to leave the caravan alone. It looked like they were already making their way onto the palace grounds. She looked back down at her dates, before hearing a voice behind her. A males voice, young. She turned, slightly surprised to see someone up on the building with her.

There, blocking the sun from her eyes, was a tall boy. He wasn't any common boy either, he was wearing clothing that a fine important person would wear. Someone important enough to be involved with the pharaoh. She flicked her dark brown eyes to look at the boys face.

"My name is Amun Ankahf. I am the pharaoh's apprentice."

He gave her a huge, boyish grin.

"And you are?"

Halima widened her eyes and then jumped up from the ledge. Her sudden reaction made her slightly careless and she lost her footing on the ledge. She waved her arms madly before pushing herself back forward and onto the ledge. She looked at the boy, blushing after acting like she had. She stepped off the ledge onto the roof of the building so she wouldn't fall.

"I-I'm sorry. I-I'm Halima. I-I've invaded your uh....hang out spot? I-I'll leave right now" Halima gave him a short bow quickly walked past him. Someone like the pharaohs apprentice was someone she was forbidden to hang around. It wasn't written in stone as far as she knew, but it was common knowledge to any common man or woman.

TheDreamEX.png

Gif not by me

A little one

#10 Epic

Epic

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,196 posts
  • I'M BACK BITCHES

Posted 24 June 2011 - 06:44 PM

"I-I'm sorry. I-I'm Halima. I-I've invaded your uh....hang out spot? I-I'll leave right now"

"H-Hey!"

Neoph gently put a hand on her shoulder.

"It's alright."

He smiled.

"You can hang out here if you'd like."

He reached into his pouch and pulled out a loaf of bread.

"Have some. It comes straight from the palace. They have TONS of good food there. Much better than the stuff the sell in the market."

- Christopher Hitchens

#11 Wynn

Wynn

Squire

• Squire
  • 695 posts

User's Awards

Posted 24 June 2011 - 06:58 PM

As the gates opened, Kosey proceeded to the stairwell. Before him were a set of stone steps that looked like it was carved out of solid gold that Ra himself shined upon. "The Pharaoh spares no expenses for his living quarters..." he said to himself. Once he had entered the palace, he had shown his document to the doorway guards, directing him to the head scribe's office. The head scribe was a man who answered directly to the Pharaoh about everything going on in his empire, and as such had great power in the ruling system in the land. In fact, he was powerful enough to merit his secretary.

As Kosey arrived at the office, a few other officials were in line to voice their concerns. Silence befell upon him, as he could not believe this. But of course, he had no choice so he stepped out while waiting for the others to be done with their matters. From where he stood though, he saw two shadow figures from a nearby rooftop spot. They looked like they belong to kids, but kids shouldn't belong in such a dangerous spot. He proceeded to the highest point in the palace and made his way to where they were, hopping over homes and buildings. Lo and behold, it was the Pharaoh's apprentice and..!

"Step away from his royal apprentice!" said Kosey, as he drew out his sword from his side.

#12 The Dream

The Dream

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,967 posts
  • ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Posted 24 June 2011 - 07:01 PM

Halima turned her head to the hand that grasped her shoulder. She turned to him slowly, she was slightly confused with the whole concept of the Pharaohs apprentice being nice to a street rat like herself. She watched Amun put his hand into his pouch, then bring it out again with a loaf of bread. It looked fresh and didn't have a single burn on it. The loaf was basically cooked to perfection. The last time Halima had seen food like that was when a bread roll had fallen off a wagon that was headed for a banquet the Pharaoh was hosting.

"Have some. It comes straight from the palace. They have TONS of good food there. Much better than the stuff the sell in the market."

Halima looked at Amun with disbelief. "Uh, it's ok. I'm ok with my dates" Halima held her pouch up and smiled. She had worked hard for her dates. She also considered that the apprentice might get hungry even after eating his share of bread if she took some, she didn't want that.

"Step away from his royal apprentice!" said Kosey, as he drew out his sword from his side.

Hamila heard another voice behind her, a soldiers voice.She turned to the soldier, then looked at Amun. She stepped at away from him and back to the ledge she was at earlier. "I mean no harm" Hamila wasn't afraid of the guard or his sword, she just didn't want to be forced into fighting him.

Edited by The Dream, 24 June 2011 - 07:08 PM.

TheDreamEX.png

Gif not by me

A little one

#13 Epic

Epic

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,196 posts
  • I'M BACK BITCHES

Posted 24 June 2011 - 07:02 PM

Amun was shocked as Kosey seemingly came out of nowhere and drew his sword.

"K-Kosey! It's okay! She was... she was just leaving. I talked to her, it's my fault."

Amun stepped in front of the girl.

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have talked to her. I know the rules."

- Christopher Hitchens

#14 Wynn

Wynn

Squire

• Squire
  • 695 posts

User's Awards

Posted 24 June 2011 - 07:17 PM

"You may know the rules, but you seem to not be obeying them. As you might have been taught before, untreated commoners such as her might have been exposed to plagues carried by rodents and other parasites." said Kosey as he placed his sword back to his holster. "We cannot afford to have you die of such diseases. However she is only one of thousands under his Pharaoh's rule. She will not be missed, seeing as her guardians allow her to trek upon other people's property. I implore you, young apprentice, to return safely to your home."

Kosey would await for Amun's cooperation, knowing that leaving the Pharaoh's apprentice in the city's rooftops would be a dangerous risk not even he would take.

#15 Epic

Epic

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,196 posts
  • I'M BACK BITCHES

Posted 24 June 2011 - 07:22 PM

Amun, in the end, would have no choice but to cooperate. But even though he would have to comply, he still wanted to make sure that the girl would be okay.

"Um... if I may ask, what are you going to do to her...?"

Amun dreaded the answer. Whatever it was, he would have to deal with it.

- Christopher Hitchens

#16 Wynn

Wynn

Squire

• Squire
  • 695 posts

User's Awards

Posted 24 June 2011 - 07:28 PM

"It's not in my hands, Amun. As I said, one in a thousand. Whether she lives or not, today or tomorrow, it should not be our concern. However, we shall keep this a secret. I am but an overseer sent to get water. If anything, the city guards would be penalize for overlooking this."

As they got back to the ground, Kosey had hoped Amun would follow what was said and return home. For him, however, it was back to the palace the same way he came in before. Hopefully, he would get his supplies before the day ends.

#17 Epic

Epic

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,196 posts
  • I'M BACK BITCHES

Posted 24 June 2011 - 07:36 PM

Amun smiled as Kosey said he wouldn't tell anyone.

"Thanks Kosey!"

With that, Amun hopped down off of the wall and headed back towards home. He approached a large mansion with a fountain, beautiful flowers, and bright green grass. This was the home that the pharaoh himself had provided for him. Amun didn't have any living family, so he was alone. His cat, Marah, greeted him at the door with a meow. He knelt down to pet the cat before opening the door and going inside. Marah followed him. He got a drink of water from the indoor fountain before heading up to his bedroom.

- Christopher Hitchens

#18 The Dream

The Dream

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,967 posts
  • ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Posted 24 June 2011 - 07:52 PM

"Diseases huh?" Halima muttered under her breath, looking away to the roof of the building. She looked back up and watched the two leave the building. Looking down the side of the building, she watched the two head to their duties and home. Looking back at the rooftop again, she let out a sigh. "Hmph, my life doesn't mean much now does it" Halima looked up the sky before sitting back onto the ledge was one before.

She finished eating her dates. Her small meal of ten dates was enough to keep her going for the rest of the day. Halima held the edge of the ledge before slowly dropping down to hang off the side of building. Sliding her hands into a few cracks, Halima climbed down the side of the building. Halima put her hood up then placed her hand in her pockets. She recalled something the man from before said.

"She will not be missed, seeing as her guardians allow her to trek upon other people's property."

Halima held back tears, taking what he said to heart. "That's right, I'm not missed. Why else would have been left on the streets, abandoned. No one will miss me, not even my parents since they never came for me, they don't want me" she rested her head against the wall of the building. Her tears could no longer be held back. The fell from her eyes and down to the dusty ground below. Making small wet spots where they fell. She made quiet sobbing sounds, trying not to be loud and attract attention to herself.

TheDreamEX.png

Gif not by me

A little one

#19 Epic

Epic

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,196 posts
  • I'M BACK BITCHES

Posted 24 June 2011 - 08:05 PM

Amun looked out his window. Since he was not far from where he came from, he could see Halima's sobbing form. It took every fiber of his being to not go and help. Amun suddenly got an idea. He took his ivory bow and a quiver of obsidian arrows. He then took out a roll of papyrus and a pen. He wrote a note.

Meet me at the shore of the Nile River at Dusk. You look like you need a friend.

He tied the note to the arrow and prepared to fire. He aimed at an area close to Halima and released the arrow. It hit it's mark; inches from Halima's head.

- Christopher Hitchens

#20 Wynn

Wynn

Squire

• Squire
  • 695 posts

User's Awards

Posted 24 June 2011 - 08:21 PM

Once again, Kosey had arrived in front of the gates. The sun was almost setting and he had not received his order yet. However all would not go according to the young man's plans.~

"Wait, you can't throw me out!" struggled Kosey with the front guards, though the large footsoldiers guarding the gate easily threw him to the ground outside the palace. "The heck is it." exclaimed the ill-fortune overseer, as he searched his pockets for the document. It was his only ticket inside the palace, which was unfortunately misplaced. This would not go over well with the rest of the caravan if he tells them what had happened.

"I guess the caravan can spend one night in the town." said Kosey to himself. Walking back to the caravan, he had noticed that the rest of the guards didn't even need his consent; they had already dispersed to the town's local inns and pubs. "Even Chafulumisa is gone. Huh, probably should stay in one of those nearby inns. Because everyone else did, right?!"

With the rest of the day for himself, Kosey had decided to wander the town, hoping to see something exciting at the very least.