85 replies to this topic

#41 Epic

Epic

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,196 posts
  • I'M BACK BITCHES

Posted 02 July 2011 - 03:17 AM

Just as Bakura was getting ready to command Diabound to finish off Seto, the guards managed to get through, surrounding him. Bakura laughed in response.

"Well, i've had my fun."

His Diabound vanished. Amun called his Ka off as well. He smirked at Amun.

"You, my friend, are special. Don't think I haven't noticed."

Bakura took off his Millennium Ring. He tossed it over to Amun. The young boy caught it, then gazed at Bakura, confused. This seemed to further the thief's amusement.

"Farewell, apprentice."

With that, Bakura vanished.

hitchens-1949-2011-by-Gasper-Tringale.jp

“Take the risk of thinking for yourself. Much more happiness, truth, beauty, and wisdom will come to you that way. I promise."

- Christopher Hitchens

#42 The Dream

The Dream

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,967 posts
  • ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Posted 02 July 2011 - 03:26 AM

Halima watched as the events past. She didn't know what to think of what she was witnessed. She moved her head out of view and looked at the wall opposite her. Slowly she slid down and sat down on the floor quietly. In her mind, Halima had decided that she would run out of the throne room as soon as everyone was too occupied to see her slip out.

She let out a silent sigh and hope no one would find her.

TheDreamEX.png

tumblr_n6lpksz2V81sfgfh0o1_500.gif

Gif not by me

A little one

#43 Wynn

Wynn

Squire

• Squire
  • 695 posts

User's Awards

Posted 03 July 2011 - 01:51 AM

Kosey eventually found another entrance to the throne room. However, once he had arrived, the other guards had already secured the area. Whatever threatened the Pharaoh's life must've been slain by them, he thought. After a few seconds of analyzing everything inside the room, from the broken relics to the big scorch marks, there was one odd thing in this situation.

"No blood? Surely if a demon was slain, it would have bled and stained the pristine palace floor... Unless it had escaped."
said Kosey to himself once more. Though this was not the time to ask the Pharaoh for the water supply needed by his workers, he needed to stay nearby if the beast that had attacked would return.

#44 Epic

Epic

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,196 posts
  • I'M BACK BITCHES

Posted 05 July 2011 - 10:48 AM

Amun gazed down at the Millennium Ring, unsure of what to do with it. After some thinking, Amun slipped it around his neck. He looked over at the pharaoh.

"Why would he give me this?"

Amun asked. The pharaoh, honestly, had no idea either. He gave Amun the first answer that he could think of.

"Perhaps... it was a victory present?"

((I'm going to be gone for a week. Not sure if i'll have internet or not))

“Take the risk of thinking for yourself. Much more happiness, truth, beauty, and wisdom will come to you that way. I promise."

- Christopher Hitchens

#45 The Dream

The Dream

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,967 posts
  • ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Posted 09 July 2011 - 03:46 AM

Halima glanced back to the Amun and the Pharaoh. They were discussing something amongst themselves, but Halima was too far away to hear them. She knew it was best if she got out of there fast, being caught in the palace would be a big problem for her, an even bigger problem if she was caught in the the throne room. She planned to head out through one of the entrances in the throne room, but in case she was spotted, Halima would have her hood up to avoid having them identify them.

Placing her hood firmly over her head, Halima took a deep breath and looked at the closest entrance she could find. Luckily it was along her side of the throne room so she would not have dash across the room and get herself in trouble. Rising up from her spot behind the pillar, Halima slowly walked towards the throne room entrance in the shadows, trying not to make a sound with her sandals.

TheDreamEX.png

Gif not by me

A little one

#46 Epic

Epic

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,196 posts
  • I'M BACK BITCHES

Posted 09 July 2011 - 05:05 PM

"But that doesn't sound like something he would do..."

Before Atem could respond, he spotted Halima.

"You there! Step out of the shadows and reveal yourself!"

The pharaoh pointed at the intruder.

- Christopher Hitchens

#47 The Dream

The Dream

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,967 posts
  • ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Posted 09 July 2011 - 06:03 PM

Halima glanced at the Pharoah, stopping in her tracks. She was scared and also caught of guard when he yelled out and pointed at her. She about to turn herself in until she remembered she had her hood on, making it basically impossible to identify her. Making a fist, Halima mouthed to herself "sorry my Pharaoh but I cannot do that", and then ran to the entrance of the throne room.

Exiting through it, Halima turned and ran down the pathway towards the gates and palace wall. If the gates were guarded, she would still at least be able to climb a tree and make her way over the walls, back into the city.

TheDreamEX.png

Gif not by me

A little one

#48 Epic

Epic

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,196 posts
  • I'M BACK BITCHES

Posted 15 July 2011 - 07:35 PM

Atem didn't bother having the guards chase after her.

"Amun. Go home and get some rest."

Amun nodded.

"Yes pharaoh."

He walked out of the palace and over to his house. He went up to his room, laying in the soft bed. He felt so drained. He closed his eyes and drifted off to sleep.

- Christopher Hitchens

#49 The Dream

The Dream

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,967 posts
  • ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Posted 18 July 2011 - 06:39 PM

Halima looked back and was glad to see she was not being pursued by the guards. She slowly started to jog before slowing down to walking. Palace dwellers were walking around, helping each other off the ground and hugging each other like they just survived the apocalypse. Halima just rolled her eyes and mumbled random gibberish under he breath. These people won't last two minutes living my life.

No one had noticed her, this was her window of opportunity to get out of there before she was spotted. Running to a palm tree, Halima pulled out a dagger from its place wedged between the back of her waist and belt in a leather pouch. Stabbing the trunk of the tree deeply, Halima then placed her foot on the dagger and pushed herself up. Quickly she bent down and took the dagger from it's place. Before Halima could fall down, she stabbed a high spot on the trunk and pulled herself up. She did this over and over again until she was at the top of the tree. Putting her dagger away, Halima then climbed and crouched on the very tip of the tree, looking around for another one. She spotted one and then put weight backwards on the tree was on. Aiming herself, Halima then jumped to another tree and had some extra boost from the tree she was previously on to make it all the way. She did the same thing and eventually ended up on the top of the palace walls.

Halima put her looked back to the grand palace. She didn't much about it at the time, but she had been somewhere not many people got to go in their life time. She smiled and then jumped to a nearby building that was smaller than the palace wall. She might never get to go to the palace again, so she was slightly grateful that that small hour of chaos happened. Looking up to the sun, the sun was almost going to set. She then remembered the letter Amun had shot her way.

Meet me at the shore of the Nile River at Dusk. You look like you need a friend.

Do I dare go? He might be busy from all the things that went on today....still..... Halima scratched her head, not sure what she should do. If she didn't go and Amun was waiting for her, she would've just made someone very important in the future mad at her. If Halima did go, though, and he wasn't there then she would have a night without dinner all for nothing. If she went and Amun was there, then they could both get in trouble. Halima sighed and crossed her arms.

"Better to go than to not go at all I guess, at least I won't have to worry about future troubles if he's not there" she mumbled to herself and then climbed down the building she was on. Heading to the streets, Halima kept her head down and walked towards the entrance for the city.

---------------------------------------------

Halima arrived at the cities entrance. It was a twenty minute trip, but she got there in the end. There were stables with horses for hire and many people heading back and froth from somewhere with jars of water. Many of them slaves. Of course those without jars of water were either couples or people who were alone with some type of instrument. There were even a few children running back from where these people were going to or come back from.

Halima had a knew that these people were either headed for the Nile River, or coming back from it. Halima looked at one of the stables and grinned. I guess these guys won't mind if I "borrow" one of their horses for the trip. Halima walked towards the stables, hidden among the crowds. Quickly she climbed over the gates of one of the stables into a horses pen. The stables were quiet spacious. There was a hardwood floor with plenty of hay on the ground, along with a good amount of oat in a basket on one of the wooden walls. The place did, however, stink like the horse dung.

Trying not to inhale the smell, Halima walked to the side of a horse and checked if its saddle was secure. She climbed onto the saddle when she was done and took hold of the leather reigns. No one noticed her yet, so she slowly made the horse walk to the gates of the stables, took out her lock picker and picked the lock of the stables latch quickly. The man that owned the horses spotted her and widened his eyes.

"Aye! What do you do think you're doing!? Stop trying to steal my horse!"he yelled out pointing at her. Halima heard a clicking noise from the lock and grinned. Throwing the lock away, putting her lock picker back in her pocket and unhooking the door, Halima yelled out "Hya!", and the horse galloped forward, bursting the gate open.

"Stop her!" the owner yelled out running after her. A few people jumped to the side to stop themselves from being trampled by Halimas horse. Halima just laughed and looked back to the owner of the horse and waved. "Thank you kind sir" she laughed some more and headed down the the path of the Nile River. The owner had given up sighed, walking back to his horses.

Halima wasn't going to keep the horse, when she comes back from the Nile she was going to give the horse back to the owner. Maybe not personally, but she was going to give it back. The hove's of the horse beat the ground as they both hurriedly approached the Nile River.

TheDreamEX.png

Gif not by me

A little one

#50 Wynn

Wynn

Squire

• Squire
  • 695 posts

User's Awards

Posted 23 July 2011 - 02:35 AM

The tension from the events of the day quickly winded down. Kosey was dismissed and it had seemed that Halima had just escaped from the throne room without him needing to chase her down. Though he could not voice his request at that very instant, he at least had an explanation. In fact, he had defended the Pharaoh's life, if one were to come into technical terms. Since the assailant could strike at any time though, it was then clear that Kosey needed to stay within the city.

He had searched out for one of the messengers who would pass by the route to the building site in the only place he could imagine: the local pub section. Soon as he reached the area, he had quickly found a lot of these errand messengers. Kosey immediately grabbed one of them by the collar and said "Take this scroll and drop it by the new construction site closest to this town. It looks like the men at the site will have to wait a day or two before their new supplies arrive."

Though he was ready to leave, a ruckus broke out. Guards were running towards the stables with their weapons ready. Obliged to at least find out what had happened, Kosey went along with them. As he had arrived near the place, he noted that there were a trail of horse tracks leading towards the direction of the Nile. With a hot lead, the brazen guards quickly commandeered horses of their own and followed the tracks. Not as hurriedly, Kosey also borrowed a horse from the stable owner as well as depositing one gold coin in case something would happen to it. It seemed like the day's excitement was not done just yet.

DHHIpKN.png

#51 Epic

Epic

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,196 posts
  • I'M BACK BITCHES

Posted 23 July 2011 - 11:03 PM

((I don't have much time to post, so i'm going to have Amun randomly appear at the Nile.))

Amun dismounted his horse. He let the cool breeze of the night. The moon, the stars, everything was perfect.

"This night is so flawless... it must have been crafted with special attention by the gods themselves."

Amun closed his eyes, just enjoying the night.

Atem, however, was not. For some odd reason, he had no desire to go to bed. He would occasionally step off his throne to help a worker that was struggling to clean up the fallen stone from the palace walls.

- Christopher Hitchens

#52 The Dream

The Dream

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,967 posts
  • ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Posted 24 July 2011 - 02:49 AM

Halima had the Nile River in sight. She hadn't noticed, but soon she realized that she was being followed. Turning around, Halima widened her eyes to the sight of city guards at least a good twenty meters away from her. "Why me?.." Halima groaned and whipped the reins against her horse, making it go faster.

Approaching the edge of the Nile River, Halima got ready to jump off the horse and into the water. The horse itself saw the water and immediately started to stop. Right at the waters edge, Halima leaped forward and dived into the water. Not wasting time, she saw towards a few tall blades of grass up from the bottom of the water on the edge of the Nile, keeping well below the waters surface. Halima stopped and kept floating in the middle of the tall grass, watching the horse that was far away from her.

She expected the guards to take the horse and leave the Nile, letting her go back to what she was doing. Halima was going to be soaking wet after this, but that didn't matter to Halima since the night was warm. Halima just hoped she wasn't making Amun wait for too long.

TheDreamEX.png

Gif not by me

A little one

#53 Epic

Epic

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,196 posts
  • I'M BACK BITCHES

Posted 27 July 2011 - 09:17 AM

Amun sat on the edge of the land, looking out over the river. He knew it must be approaching midnight. He began to get worried. What if Halima decided not to come? This worried Amun.

"Well, I wouldn't blame her, I guess."

Amun found a rock and skipped it across the river.

- Christopher Hitchens

#54 The Dream

The Dream

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,967 posts
  • ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Posted 06 August 2011 - 05:44 PM

After a few more minutes of hiding among the grass and whacking any bugs that landed on her, Halima swam to the shore of the Nile River when she could see the guards far off in the distance with the horse she had stolen. "Guess I'll be walking back" Halima mumbled when she slowly walked out of the cold water. She grabbed her cloak and squeezed all the water she could out of it. It made her cloak less heavy, which made finding Amun much faster.

With the moons silver rays on her back, Halima walked along the Niles shore, hoping Amun wasn't too far away. Time passed by fast, the Nile was long and Amun was still not in sight. Either Halima was walking really slowly, or Amun was really far away from where she was. Soon, Halima could see someone in the distance, though they looked more like a shadow figure because of the lack of light in the night time. She fastened her pace and slowly she could see that figure was Amun.

Halima wanted to yell out his name and wave, but then she didn't know if any guards were around at that moment, and meeting with someone like Amun was not a smart thing to do since she was a mere street rat. When she was close enough, Halima spoke loud enough so that only he would be able to hear. "Sorry to keep you waiting Amun. I ran into some.....trouble" Halima smiled and spread her arms out to the side to show off her soaking wet clothes, before bringing her arms to her hips.

TheDreamEX.png

Gif not by me

A little one

#55 Epic

Epic

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,196 posts
  • I'M BACK BITCHES

Posted 06 August 2011 - 09:29 PM

"That's okay." Amun pat the ground next to him. "Have a seat. I got some food for us."

- Christopher Hitchens

#56 The Dream

The Dream

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,967 posts
  • ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Posted 06 August 2011 - 10:13 PM

"Oh, you didn't have to.." Halima sighed and sat where Amun wanted her to. She pulled her knees up to chest then wrapped her arms around them. Halima was colder than she thought she would be. She looked at Amun and then raised an eyebrow, wondering why he wanted the company of a street rat like her when there were many other people in the palace he would be able to speak with.

"Amun, if you do not mind me ask a question. Why did you wish to see me? You and I could be in big trouble, and if anyone knew that Caravan Gardna kept our past encounter secret then he would be endangered as well"
Halima rested her head on her knees and looked at Amun, waiting for his possible response.

TheDreamEX.png

Gif not by me

A little one

#57 Epic

Epic

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,196 posts
  • I'M BACK BITCHES

Posted 06 August 2011 - 10:51 PM

Amun shrugged. "You looked like you needed a friend." Amun looked out over the Nile. The moon reflected off of the water. "And, honestly..." He sighed. "I need a friend too. I may be the pharaoh's apprentice, but he's the only friend I have. Everyone else is considered 'beneath me,' and therefore, I am unable to befriend them." He took a loaf of bread out of his bag and tore it in half. He offered a half to Halima.

- Christopher Hitchens

#58 The Dream

The Dream

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,967 posts
  • ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Posted 07 August 2011 - 02:03 AM

Halima took half the loaf of bread she was offered, taking a bite out of it and quickly devouring the piece in her mouth. Bread was enough to keep Halima going for a day since she was used to small morsels of food, but it was hard to get. She looked at Amun, sad to hear that he was not allowed to befriend anyone but the pharoah himself. "Must be lonely, guess you can't have friends even when you live in complete luxury...." Halima looked up to the sky, remember that she herself was lacking in companions.

"Me being a street rat.... I never have time to make friends.... and if I ever do, I guess I never can really trust them because they all stab you in the back..." Halima could remember a few distant memories where she would have become friends with someone, but then get stabbed in the back when they were put into a tight situation.

TheDreamEX.png

Gif not by me

A little one

#59 Epic

Epic

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,196 posts
  • I'M BACK BITCHES

Posted 07 August 2011 - 02:37 AM

"Hm." Amun munched on his bread. "You know, my life isn't all it's cracked up to be. Sure, I have tons of wealth. Tons of food. Tons of protectors... but, honestly, it gets lonely. All of that wealth, food, and protection begins to mean nothing. All you want is for someone to spend time with you because they want to. Not because they have to."

- Christopher Hitchens

#60 Wynn

Wynn

Squire

• Squire
  • 695 posts

User's Awards

Posted 08 August 2011 - 01:42 AM

The dark night had covered the tracks of whoever had stolen the young colt. Though the guards were able to recover it, the thief was no where to be seen. A few of those among the dispatched troop were pissed but there was nothing they could do but return to the city and forget about this. However, Kosey stayed.

The Nile River was peaceful but whispers could be heard around the area. Something, or someone, was obviously here. Without much of a lead as of yet, Kosey decided to wait the rest of the night here, resting on a carpet he had brought along with his mount along the river bank.

DHHIpKN.png