• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Secret Felix

Secret Felix

Knight

• Knight
  • 823 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 03:18 AM

This world was never meant to last. For far too long the inhabitants of Chelytos have carried on in their eternal reverie; oblivious to the state of the rest of the world. Although this plane has begun to fray, they still only see the lush, verdant oases before them. If they would have only looked beyond those shady orchards and refreshing pools, maybe they could have foreseen the coming discord.

The denizens of Chelytos have long thought of themselves as the epitome of science and reason. To them, magic was nothing more than a bedtime fantasy. With all of their might, they denied the myths of old. Ah, how nescient they were.

There was a point in time, long ago, when humans possessed an talent far beyond any they hold now; an instinctive ability to direct the energy which flowed throughout the planes. Those who became proficient in these arts controlled the eight fundamental forces of nature. In ancient times, two primary applications of this ability slowly emerged. The power to control the energy which flowed outside of the body was known as sanfã. There was also the power to control the energy that flowed dormant within the body, which was referred to as tourǎ.

With the metropolis' very plane of existence at stake; it's time to wake up. Armed with long-forgotten arts, those who take up this invitation will find themselves immersed in a wonderland unlike any they have seen before. Yet, is the plane they fight for really worth saving?

(For Wynn)

Edited by Artemis, 27 June 2011 - 04:18 AM.

Posted Image

#2 Wynn

Wynn

Squire

• Squire
  • 695 posts

User's Awards

Posted 27 June 2011 - 12:55 PM

Alright, you got your back story down. It is a pretty interesting premise and now you've got to lay out what roles people will take part in, usually including the character template and the general outline of what we're gonna do.

#3 Secret Felix

Secret Felix

Knight

• Knight
  • 823 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 05:46 PM

Name: {First Last}
Primary Discipline: {Sànfã/Tóurà}
Fundamental Element: {Fire/Water/Ice/Lightening/Earth/Wind}
Constitution: {Light/Dark}
Birth date: {mm/dd/yyyy}
Height: {x'y''}
Weight: {z lbs}
Physical Appearance: {Eye color} {Hair color} {Skin tone} {Physique}
Personality: {Meep}
Biography: {Meep}

As for the basic premise, you'll take the role of a newly awakened user of your chosen art. Thrown into a whimsical and phantasmagorical land, you'll search for a bauble of great power. After traversing every which-way and fighting, or befriending, a few eccentric personalities, you'll fight a diabolical something or another and hope for the best. The shelf life for this rp isn't very long, so expect it to take a month at most, with sparse posting. (Read as I will kill you off if you don't post)

As for the arts themselves, users are free to pick either Sanfa or Toura. Sanfa is for the more magically inclined bunch, and concentrates on coalescing and slinging around aether aligned to their chosen element. Toura, on the other hand, focuses on activating and amplifying the dormant aether within a person or object to boost their physical and mental attributes. Expect a bit more detail in the actual OoC thread, though.
Posted Image

#4 Valor

Valor

Valorous

• Monarch
  • 3,874 posts
  • This is My Design

User's Awards

Posted 27 June 2011 - 05:59 PM

Can I bother you about this and make Harry Potter/Space Theater themed jokes while also joining and posting a template possibly weeks after I say I'm going to post it? If so then I'd be interested.

147.png

#5 Secret Felix

Secret Felix

Knight

• Knight
  • 823 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 06:01 PM

Can I bother you about this and make Harry Potter/Space Theater themed jokes while also joining and posting a template possibly weeks after I say I'm going to post it? If so then I'd be interested.

I would expect nothing less.
Posted Image

#6 Lexaeus

Lexaeus

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,713 posts
  • Naturally Hated by All

Posted 27 June 2011 - 06:03 PM

I would expect nothing less.

Could I use a cameo in this production?

Zanca327.png

“Sorrow can be alleviated by good sleep, a bath and a glass of wine.” - Saint Thomas Aquinas

#7 Secret Felix

Secret Felix

Knight

• Knight
  • 823 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 06:05 PM

Could I use a cameo in this production?

Again, I would expect nothing less.
Posted Image