2 replies to this topic

#1 Dexel Hydagara

Dexel Hydagara

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,310 posts
  • Arcade Adept

Posted 07 July 2011 - 09:13 PM

I'm not much for making these threads, as I somewhat doubt actual help arriving, but oh well. No harm in it, I guess.

I've been trying to sleep on normal times rather than staying up 'til 3:00-4:00 in the morning, but I can't. For 2 weeks or so I just can't fall asleep for varying reasons until it's at least 3:00 or 4:00. Some nights there's just no apparent reason, I just can't fall asleep. Some nights, though, I've actually been unable to sleep because I just feel depressed ( should be contradictory, huh? ).

Most nights, though ( and this is far worse to me because it's a gigantic fear of mine ), as I'm just thinking about nothing, I somehow end up thinking of how I'll eventually die and I have to retreat to a small room, turn on the lights, and lock the door for about an hour while whispering "Das Männlein Im Walde" to myself out of pure fear of going asleep just to never wake up or because I think something's gonna jump out at me from the dark and kill me. ( Don't know why that song helps, I guess it's just to hear myself and it's the first thing I do without meaning to. )

Besides just venting, I wanna know if you guys have any suggestions about what I can do ahead of time to prevent this sorta thing. I'm tired of feeling like I just got hit in the gut by a wall of bricks and looking around as if I'm being hounded by someone relentlessly.

2j87ib.jpg

#2 Xanius

Xanius

The Omega

• Emperor
  • 3,525 posts
  • Awakening

User's Awards

Posted 08 July 2011 - 05:00 AM

Dang, that's pretty rough. I'm not really sure what all could be of help to be honest.

With the dying in your sleep part, I can understand that, I have a fear of it. Admittedly it's not too large but I still think of it a lot when I go to sleep. I've forced myself into a state of, if I don't sleep I'll just wear down my body till the point I die earlier then I should, so I just end up sucking it up to say and going to sleep. I know it's hard but you just will have to train yourself into thinking that it'll be better to sleep. I mean... it'd be better to go peacefully then to strain your body out and suffer... I know that's not the greatest thing to say... but yea...

As for the whole thing of something jumping out to kill you, I know it might seem childish but a small light might help. There's nothing wrong with having that fear. At times for myself at night when it's pitch black I start hearing things/seeing things and I freak out myself. That one is a bit harder to deal with and most have it for their whole life sadly. :/

Omega_Xanius.png

17ddgi.png

#3 Lexaeus

Lexaeus

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,713 posts
  • Naturally Hated by All

Posted 08 July 2011 - 05:11 AM

You will have to come to like/love sleep if you want to enter it. I always have so that's not a problem for me.

Not sure how much you exercise, but if you don't, get started. It's much easier to fall asleep to recover if you're body is worn out and without energy. That's also the most rewarding sleep, you feel so much better when you awake. Running, a sport, weights, push ups, sit ups, just find something to do until you cannot do it.

Zanca327.png

“Sorrow can be alleviated by good sleep, a bath and a glass of wine.” - Saint Thomas Aquinas