3 replies to this topic

#1 Wynn

Wynn

Squire

• Squire
  • 695 posts

User's Awards

Posted 15 July 2011 - 11:23 PM

According to Insideris few months ago, Microsoft's next PC Operating System Windows 8 will allow gamers to play Xbox 360 games on it. Honestly, the rumour is too good to be true but on a similar note, it is now confirmed that "Xbox Live Will Be Built Into The PC".

Microsoft’s vice president of global marketing Mike Delman confirming:

"Live has been successful on the Windows Phone. Live will be built into the PC. It will be the service where you get your entertainment. We were talking about it — you will not just see consoles and handhelds at this show next year, this show’s going to morph into other devices."

Though it's pretty obvious, Delman hinted that the PC integration of Xbox Live may happen with the release of Windows 8. On whether its games will be playable on the OS, it's not here yet, but it certainly seems like a legitimate possibility and a very near future.

Let's get this clear, 360 disc games aren't confirmed to work on PCs. However, with Live being integrated into the next Windows iteration, how do you see this affecting Microsoft's gaming stake?

I personally think it's one of the better advertising strategies you could do. Of course, some people wouldn't touch it but I feel those are the same people that would prefer a Mac OS or even Linux instead of Windows. For everyone else, I'm sure they'd be tempted to try out at least one item or service on Live. So, what are your thoughts?

Source

#2 Waker

Waker

Knight

• Knight
  • 783 posts
  • a boy with lots of lists and books

Posted 15 July 2011 - 11:46 PM

lol that's laying it on pretty thick just to get Linux and Mac users to use the next Windows. /expected response

11vpmw8.jpg

"Censorship is telling a man he can't have a steak just because a baby can't chew it."
— Mark Twain

“I divide my officers into four classes; the clever, the lazy, the industrious, and the stupid. Each officer possesses at least two of these qualities. Those who are clever and industrious are fitted for the highest staff appointments. Use can be made of those who are stupid and lazy. The man who is clever and lazy however is for the very highest command; he has the temperament and nerves to deal with all situations. But whoever is stupid and industrious is a menace and must be removed immediately!”
— General Kurt von Hammerstein-Equord

#3 Valor

Valor

Valorous

• Monarch
  • 3,874 posts
  • This is My Design

User's Awards

Posted 16 July 2011 - 10:51 AM

I doubt that this really will matter. Xbox Live is on their mobile windows phones as well, but all it does is give you access to the arcade and whatnot to get a few small games. The interconnectivity with friends list/messages and whatnot is probably pretty good.

I... really don't see a reason to have Xbox Live on your computer. At all. Maybe to combat Steam + Sony team up for Portal 2?

Having the ability to play with people who have the game for the PC while playing on your Xbox? That would be kind of spiffy, but really not that important in my eyes.

#4 Dion

Dion

Knight

• Knight
  • 2,565 posts

Posted 16 July 2011 - 11:48 AM

What 360 game is on the 360 and not the computer? "Be able to play 360 games on your PC" my ass. Unless they intend to make it so your PC can play games from a 360 DVD. Which would be sort of dumb. Any one who owns a 360 game obviously owns a 360 and would prefer to play the game on the 360. [I know I would]

Plus, even if they did accomplish this feat, I doubt it would make a significant difference, as Valpal pointed out. :/

...V HAS COME TO...

dQqhfU.gif

ngoahxS.jpg