• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Rubicante

Rubicante

Page

• Page
  • 235 posts

Posted 16 July 2011 - 01:19 AM

The year is 2022 nearly 10 years after the fall of humanity as once we’ve known it as. The predictions of 2012 long ago by the ancients were more accurate, but no one not even they could have anticipated the fall of modern civilization. It didn’t end in war, nor did it end by calamitous meteors. No the truth was far more shocking. Magic returned to the world. Not the kind of cute magician tricks or simple fire conjuring. This was wild magic released from millennia of containment…and it wreaked havoc untold upon the entire planet. No one knows how it happened or what caused the sudden reappearance of Magic. What has been learned are a few simple truths: Mana Particles, magic in its purest form can be utilized by humans. However there is danger in doing so, those unable to contain their spells or who open themselves up to too much Mana at once can become corrupted by it. Deforming eventually into what humanity has come to call a Cursed.

Civilization has managed to survive a mere shadow of what it once was. The countries and continental boundaries vanished as magic united the continents again. Pangaea, whole once more became host of three new powers which arose from the ashes of the world. What was once known as North and South America became an entire state of its own called Nexus the capital of this new State taking the name Novus Magus a place where the technology of the Americas combined with the new magic of the worlds most accomplished mages. The other power forming what was once Europe and Australia became known as Avalon taking its capital being Fortuna became a more mystical place embracing the new state of the world and casting off the technology of the past. Finally the areas of Asia, Russia, and Africa formed into Empyrea the capital being Forge.

For a while during the rebuilding of civilization peace was tense with each State trying to keep war from breaking out among the people. Tenuous alliances formed with all sides agreeing to first focus on the rebuilding and to share all discoveries of magic between the other nations. This uneasy truce lasted until the year 2017 where a small shortage of food drove all sides into a desperate war for resources. This was the first war of the Mystics. Humans fighting with powers they barely understood they had. Cursed ones formed on all sides as they succumbed to their Manifest Destiny. The term coined for when someone overuses their magic and becomes fully consumed by it. The victim takes on the living form of the spell they were casting and strongest emotion they felt at the time of corruption. The war and the effort of putting down the Cursed took a heavy toll on each State. With the end result being each side retreating within itself barring out any outside forces and restricting free travel between roads.

Nexus focused on its technology preparing for another inevitable war constructing mystic weapons such as the massive satellite that hovers above the city to this day. The satellite an SS class weapon nicknamed the Dragon’s Fang. While the other two States focused on studying the new world and the magic that now encompassed it. Avalon discovered several places along its borders that held high concentrates of Magic geysers that shot the energy straight into the sky where it filled the atmosphere. Both Avalon and Empyrea attempted to send recon teams to each site yet few have returned from such expeditions into the unknown. Those that borne the marks of Manifest beginning to take root and raved about Prophets and old gods made flesh. Only time will tell inevitably what these ravings could mean and where the final fate of the world shall ultimately become.

thoughts ideas anything welcome. This is kinda just something I threw together in a few hours with some help from King and Wynn. Could still use some work I think but figured I'd share and see if anyone would get interested in it

Edited by Rubicante, 16 July 2011 - 10:16 PM.

#2 The Dream

The Dream

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,967 posts
  • ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Posted 16 July 2011 - 01:46 AM

Cool. I've been waiting for an RP like this for a while, would've made my own but my plots and settings were never great. I'm up for joining if you make this, but first a few things.

What type of magic are we talking about? Like neon energy type magic with a few elemental ones allowed (such as water and fire)? or is it gonna be those traditional powers like moving the earth, playing with air and stuff like that? I'm afraid that if it's both the two might clash somehow and make all the magical stuff more complicated.

TheDreamEX.png

tumblr_n6lpksz2V81sfgfh0o1_500.gif

Gif not by me

A little one

#3 Kingroy

Kingroy

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 16 July 2011 - 03:09 AM

I don't think it's a conflicting magic :X.

I was helping Septy and what I suggested was that the RPer can make his or her own style of magic, the style is a set of magic that are related to one another i.e. fire style, or shadow style, as long as it's not OP and does not exceed 5 or a number of spells.

I already had a character in mind and his magic should look a bit like this

"Magic Style: Enchantment

I. Endow- Pours magical energy into an object. It uses little of one's mana storages when placed in a single object. Repeated used without rest drains a larger amount of mana.
2. Construct- Uses mana to build a barrier around and object to defend against attacks. It can even be used to attack if properly executed.

History- Enchantment was made by early mages who fought for their lives. It has been spread through out the world. There are only a few who have mastered it."

Though these are just my ideas :x Sept might have something different in mind. But we're trying to make sure the magic will not be confusing.

[Today 07:02 PM] Kingroy: <.<
[Today 07:02 PM] Crimson Jazz: I know right!?!
[Today 07:02 PM] Kingroy: >.>
[Today 07:02 PM] Tengo Cash: Beiber is the man

Screw You ↑ You ↖ You ↗ You ↙ You → You ↓ You ↩ You ↪ You ↬ You ↫ You ↪ You ↩ You ↲ You ↯ You ↱ You ↰ You ↷ You ↳ You ↶ You ↴ You ↵ & You ↺

#4 Rubicante

Rubicante

Page

• Page
  • 235 posts

Posted 16 July 2011 - 08:33 AM

Cool. I've been waiting for an RP like this for a while, would've made my own but my plots and settings were never great. I'm up for joining if you make this, but first a few things.

What type of magic are we talking about? Like neon energy type magic with a few elemental ones allowed (such as water and fire)? or is it gonna be those traditional powers like moving the earth, playing with air and stuff like that? I'm afraid that if it's both the two might clash somehow and make all the magical stuff more complicated.

I'm glad you like the idea :3 now as for the magic type. The way I have it set in my head the Magic that was released onto the world was wild and raw, unrefined if you will. Once humans started trying to harness its power the magic was given a shape and form based on the will of the individual. Essentially how Roy was explaining it. If you wish to have an OP spell go for it but realize the minute you try and use it 9/10 times it'll fail AND you'll become a Cursed AND pretty much everyone will kill you off :D I'm still tinkering with a few other ideas so please if you think of anything you'd like to add feel free. I want this if it becomes an RP to actually evolve further and I doubt I can do that without a little help

#5 Kingroy

Kingroy

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 16 July 2011 - 03:17 PM

Could you like put up where the first RP would start off at?

Edit: Also could you add a template to help people understand how the characters would work?

[Today 07:02 PM] Kingroy: <.<
[Today 07:02 PM] Crimson Jazz: I know right!?!
[Today 07:02 PM] Kingroy: >.>
[Today 07:02 PM] Tengo Cash: Beiber is the man

Screw You ↑ You ↖ You ↗ You ↙ You → You ↓ You ↩ You ↪ You ↬ You ↫ You ↪ You ↩ You ↲ You ↯ You ↱ You ↰ You ↷ You ↳ You ↶ You ↴ You ↵ & You ↺

#6 Rubicante

Rubicante

Page

• Page
  • 235 posts

Posted 16 July 2011 - 03:35 PM

Could you like put up where the first RP would start off at?

Edit: Also could you add a template to help people understand how the characters would work?

I'll try to but it probably won't be up till Sunday night seeing as I work tonight and most of tomorrow. I might be able to get it done when I head to my buddy Yoshi's tonight during the bonfire. He wants this idea finished as bad as you do lol. As for a template I'll post up probably my character concept Sunday as well. I'll probably just edit the first post for simplicity sake and color code everything. I was going to last night but well it got late.