34 replies to this topic

#1 Nixe Dragonheart

Nixe Dragonheart

Page

• Page
  • 24 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 08:25 AM

The Drifters;

A special selection of beings throughout the many dimension that have been born with the ability to drift through time and space. There is only one Drifter per dimension, and the people must learn never to take these beings for granted; doing so could be the end of them. This gift has been seen as both a blessing and a curse in many-a-dimension; the Drifters possess no control over it. Many refer to them as "Warriors of Time and Space"; their ability drags them to where they are more often than not needed most. They battle against the evils that plague the dimensions they have drifted to. These so-called "Warriors" have been relied upon for centuries, the ability passed down through the generations.

But the Drifters are fading away, and one by one, each dimension is losing the Drifter blood that flows in the veins of the generations. The remaining Drifters are steadily being cornered in by the evil forces at work. But they must fight; not only for themselves;

But for the sake of the dimensions they protect.

-----

Bur's body continued to shudder as she writhed in agony. Her sharp amber gaze darted around nervously as she lay in the aftermath of the battle. It had been almost an hour since the fight against the forces of evil had ended. Before her lay the bloodied carcass of a great shadow beast; it took the appearance of a great boar, its body as black as night, its oozing blood a vile crimson colour, tainted with darker splashes. The Flamewielder knew full well as to what these darker splashes were. It was the poison of a shadow beast, one of the most lethal kinds. They were the reason she had been reduced to nothing more than a frail being that appeared as though they were just begging for their life to end.

But Bur knew that she wasn't about to let herself die.

And that was why she continued to fight against it as the poison that coursed through her veins. Help was on its way, that's all she knew. A pirate Drifter she had met not so long ago had stood by her side in the battle, and had hurried to the nearby village for help. The question was; would the Flamewielder be able to survive for much longer? Bur took another gasp for oxygen, struggling to breath against the poison. But it wasn't just the pain of such that left her dying-

But the curse she never spoke of.

Bur steadily shook her head as she lay shuddering. "No." She spoke to herself. "I cannot allow myself to give in to death. That would be a disgrace to the Flamewielders. And a disgrace to the remaining Drifters. I will not die!" She yelled to herself, her shaking hand clutching the hilt of her prized weapon; the mighty blade that if not for her current stasis, would have been sheathed upon her back, ready to be drawn in the next battle.

Know you're not alone. ♥

#2 The Dream

The Dream

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,967 posts
  • ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Posted 23 July 2011 - 01:58 AM

"What do you mean I'll have to pay now!?" Eva yelled at a man at the counter of a store. He was refusing to come with her to help her fellow drifter she had met in the open country.

"I'm sorry but times are rough, and I frankly don't care if one poor soul dies in this world just because you didn't have the money" The man was old, thin and very pain. He had a nice pair of glasses that had perfect round lenses and sat elegantly on his long nose. He barely had any hair, just a strip of hair along the back of his scalp that was thick and as white as snow. On his body he wore a white button up shirt, the sleeves were rolled up to his elbow and his collar was open and up. He also wore a pair of nicely pressed black pants and a matching black dress shoes.

Eva knew she was losing time. Every moment she spent arguing with this heartless man made the drifters death more certain. She slammed her hands on the counter and leaned forward, locking her emerald green eyes with the mans sneering cold ice blue ones. The man just stared back and sighed, turning away from her and heading towards a door behind the counter. Before he could walk far away from Eva, she grabbed his collar and pulled him back to her and pressed his face against her.

With rage in her eyes, she started to speak. "If you don't come I'll break your neck and you'll get no money at all! I have the money, plenty of it, but you won't get one cent unless you come with my right now!" She barked at the man, making him shiver slightly and look back into Eva's eyes with fear. "O-O-Ok ok! I'll come. Just let my get my medical supplies" Eva let go of the mans collar slowly and watched him scurry to the door he was originally heading too.

Eva took hold of her sword and waited for him. He came back out with a bag and then walked to Eva nodding. Eva nodded as well and grabbed the mans bony and cold hand. She ran out the store with him, ready to run to where the drifter was. She headed towards the city entrance, before being pulled back by the man. "Wait, I have a horse. If you're friend is truly poisoned by what you said then we better get there as soon as we can" he pointed to the side of his shop where a horse stood tied to the building eating grass.

"Alright then, get on" Eva let the man go. He quickly ran to the horse with Eva close behind. They both sat firmly on the horse, the old man took a while to get up due his fragile bones. He sat behind Eva, who untied the rope holding the horse to the building and then took hold of the reins. "Hold on tight!" Eva yelled out before whipping the reins on the horse.

The old man put his hand on Evas shoulder as the horse reared it head and then galloped forwards at an amazing speed. It took only a few minutes before they were already halfway along the road towards the drifter.

TheDreamEX.png

tumblr_n6lpksz2V81sfgfh0o1_500.gif

Gif not by me

A little one

#3 Nixe Dragonheart

Nixe Dragonheart

Page

• Page
  • 24 posts

Posted 23 July 2011 - 03:48 AM

Bur had fallen silent, her once piercing amber gaze growing dull as it wandered aimlessly, her body shuddering violently at this point. The Flamewielder found herself smirking somewhat. She found it amusing how she always found herself upon the brink of death, whichever the dimension was. The shadow beasts were strong, but not as strong as she was... or so she thought.

The Flamewielder's dulled gaze trailed towards the pool over toxic blood that lay before her, the blood of the beast to be more specific. Despite its thick, sludge-like appearance, she could see her reflection clearly upon it. It was at that point however, Bur gasped with shock at what she saw. The mark, the curse mark, the one thing she kept hidden from the Drifters she knew. Ususally it would have been covered by her pitch black locks of her, but in her current, curled up position, it was exposed to everyone's view upon her neck. It took the appearance of a few peculiarly-shaped lines that interlinked, making an intricate pattern, and yet, bore an eerie sense about it. Every so often, it a surge of amber glowing would rush through it, causing the Flamewielder to gasp in pain.

Bur attempted to shake her head lightly, hiding the mark once more underneath heer locks. Despite her pain of the poison coursing through her pains and that of the curse, she felt... relieved, to have hidden it. Bur's gaze wandered to the skies above; judging by the colour of the sky it was midday. About an hour and a half had passed by now. She was somewhat suprised by her own will to survive. Taking another shuddering gasp for oxygen, she sighed, wondering as to where the other Drifter had gone to in search of assistance.

The thought of it uneased Bur somewhat. Having an examination meant that this person would perhaps notice her curse mark. Maybe this person would simple ignore it? No... no. Anybody who worked with medicine would never ignore even the smallest of things. "To hell with this all..." Bur grumbled to herself painfully. "I'm going to die sooner or later, whether I am a Drifter or not."

Know you're not alone. ♥

#4 The Dream

The Dream

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,967 posts
  • ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Posted 23 July 2011 - 04:55 AM

The hove's of the chestnut colour horse hit the gravel of the country road. Eva knew that if they didn't hurry, her fellow drifter would die. She hadn't learnt much about this person, they hadn't exchanged names as far as Eva could recall. Yet Eva had sprinted to a nearby town, almost out of breath, and then threatened to kill and old man just to save her life. Eve decided not to think about it, she didn't think much about all her past decisions in life. She knew that drifters had been disappearing a lot lately, it was no secret they were being killed. Going through all this trouble was necessary to keep at least one drifter alive a little longer.

Eva yelled out "Hya!" and steered the horse off the road and towards the nearby woods. The place was dark and sinister looking, the worst place Eva had been to in a while. You didn't have to be that smart to know that shadows could've been lurking in there. The old man behind her was looking around the forest, slightly terrified with the place he had been brought to. To be truthful to himself, he was actually terrified to Eva more.

Slowly, a black dot started to appear on the ground up ahead. As they started to approach it faster, the dot became a blob. Then the dot became a large looking monster and next to it you could see a girl lying on the ground. Eva whipped the horse with the riens to make the horse go faster, but she made sure the old man didn't fly off the horse either. A few meters away from the girl, Eva pulled back on the reins and the horse stopped next to the girl.

"Ya miss me?" Eva grinned at the drifter, trying to lighten the depressing mood she would have been in. The drifter was, after all, dying a painful death from poison. The old man looked at the drifter, then at Eva before jumping off the horse. Eva did the same. The horse neighed and walked towards the dead beast, sniffing it.

"Well now, we better get on with this" the old man bent down next to the drifter and opened his bag. It was black and rather fat, something you'd see doctors in the eighteenth century carry. Pulling out a syringe, he injected it into the drifter in the side of her torso without warning. "This'll stop the poison long enough for me to find out where to get it out" he looked at the drifter face, then back to the the syringe. Pulling it out, he then placed it back in his bag and looked for some other medical equipment. "Uh, girl that threatened to kill me, lay her on her back" the old man spoke, flinching a little and fearing that he would be hit on the head.

Eva look at the old man and laughed. "Yeah, sorry about that" Eva grinned and knelt down on the ground next to the girl. Slowly and carefully she lay her out on her back. Looking at the girls face, she flashed her a smile and wink. "Sorry if I took too long"

TheDreamEX.png

Gif not by me

A little one

#5 Nixe Dragonheart

Nixe Dragonheart

Page

• Page
  • 24 posts

Posted 23 July 2011 - 05:21 AM

Bur smirked somewhat, and managed to nod. "I suppose you could say that I missed you." She replied shakily, turning her gaze to the being she brought with her. "So you're the one who's to save a Flamewielder from a cruel death, eh? Hm." She simply shook her head, and took another struggling gasp for oxygen, growing lightheaded from the coursing of the poison.

Bur grimaced somewhat as the two steadily twisted her shuddering body to lie on her back. She smiled in response to the Drifter's apology, and managed to shake her head. "I've endured worse in the past, it's the life of a Drifter, is it not?" Bur rasped, wiping a trickle of blood from her mouth, tainted with the black flecks of poison. "Besides, I cannot suddenly up and die, can I? That would be a disgrace to the Drifters, and a disgrace to my own dying race, ahah!" Bur chuckled, but quickly came to yelp in response to the exertion of speaking.

The Flamewielder inhaled shakily, beginning struggle for oxygen. "I w-was wounded," She spoke with a wince, attempting to sit up, only to fail miserably. "Th-the left of my neck, see? The poison must have seeped through the beast's claws." Bur pointed an unsteady hand to a ghastly wound that lay plainly in sight, the blood tainted with the same thick flecks of poison. It was at that moment, however, Bur's piercing amber eyes lit up. Her wound... her wound was directly underneath the curse mark she bore. If he was to examine it, he would find the mark.

Bur remained rigid for a few heartbeats, despite the shudders of her body. What was she to do? There was nothing she could do. Seeing the inevitability of it, Bur shook her head lightly, and relaxed herself to a certain extent.

Know you're not alone. ♥

#6 The Dream

The Dream

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,967 posts
  • ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Posted 23 July 2011 - 05:51 AM

Eva sighed as she saw the drifter yelp out in pain. She looked at the old man who had an empty syringe and a small wet towel. "Alright, don't talk you'll use up your energy" the old man looked at the girl then moved the hair away from her neck. At first he didn't notice the mark on her neck, until started to examine the wound. "Wha? What is this mark here?" the old man asked. He hadn't seen such a mark, he was nothing but a doctor.

He worked on the wound that was underneath the mark, but he still wanted answers. Eva looked at the wound herself and then the mark. She saw the drifters amber eyes light up before, meaning she probably didn't want them to see it. She had never seen something like, then again there were many things she had yet to discover as a drifter. She looked at the man and frowned a little, thinking the question was best left for another time.

"Ask after this is over old man. If she dies because of you asking questions then you're not getting paid, maybe worse" Eva sneered at the man who glanced at her and flinched. "Alright alright. Sheesh, you're the worst person I've ever had to deal with in this buisness" he mumbled and continued to work. "Don't make me the last then, or her the last....whatever you get what I mean" Eva sighed and crossed her arms, looking at the drifter again. She winked, as if she was saying your welcome from stopping the old man from asking questions. Eva, though, was still a little curious herself.

The old man pulled out an empty syringe like medical piece of equipment after cleaning the wound, he stabbed it into the wound and then started to suck the poison out of the wound. Eva was amazed by what she saw, but she also knew that this would be causing the drifter some more pain.

Edited by The Dream, 23 July 2011 - 05:54 AM.

TheDreamEX.png

Gif not by me

A little one

#7 Nixe Dragonheart

Nixe Dragonheart

Page

• Page
  • 24 posts

Posted 23 July 2011 - 11:57 AM

Bur's piercing amber gaze fixed sharply upon the man who drew near with the syringe. She saw the look in his eye; he had noticed the mark. The Flamewielder held a solemn stare for a moment or two, before glancing away, feeling lightheadedness get the better of her. From the corner of her eye, she noticed the syringe once again, and shuddered. Bur loathed needles, but she knew that it was necessary.

The Flamewielder glanced towards the fellow Drifter briefly, analyzing the sense of curiosity in her expression. Damn, Bur thought. She's seen it also. Looks like I have some explaining to do. Bur sighed, allowing her gaze to wander to the skies yet again. The clouds were rolling in- it looked as though there was to be a storm. Strange, She thought quietly. It was quite bright a moment ago. Perhaps things go dark when you're on the brink of death.

Feeling the needle seep into the wound to withdraw the poison, Bur's eyes shot wide open as she gasped, clenching a fist. The mark that lay above her wound glowed a fierce amber as she whimpered, the surge of colour rushing through the intricate design. "Stop! Stop it!" Bur gasped, her voice... peculiarly altered. It didn't seem to be like that of the Flamewielder's voice. It took a darkened tone to it. As she continued to struggle, she called again, the once calm Flamewielder seemingly gone. "You're... you're hurting him!" She rasped, her hand twitching. "You're hurting my demon!"

Know you're not alone. ♥

#8 The Dream

The Dream

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,967 posts
  • ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Posted 23 July 2011 - 07:00 PM

A startled expression appeared on Eva's face as she heard the drifters voice change. The old man pulled out the syringe and looked at drifter terrified when she spoke in a different tone. "Wha!? What the hell?" the old man looked a the drifters mark then jumped up, slowly backing away from her. "What the hell are you!? I found the mark odd at first, but now this is too much" the old man fell backward onto the ground, looking at the drifter, then Eva.

Eva looked at the man, then at the drifter. She was used to odd things, but this man obviously was not for some strange reason. He had a fair idea on what some shadow creatures could do, but he clearly didn't know about burs mark. "The poison is out, that's all I know. Keep the bag, whatever, just stay away from me. When I heard a drifter was hurt I knew this meant trouble, I should've stayed away. After all it's no secret that drifter sightings have grown less frequent.." the old man got up and ran to his horse that seemed to be nudging the dead shadow creature.

Eva ran after him and grabbed him by the shoulder, throwing him back to the ground. "Oi! Remember I'm paying you, geeze. You said the poison's out, so go fix her up without hurting her....demon..." Eva bent down to the old man and grabbed his shirts collar, pulling him up to her face as she spoke. He stared at her, and swallowed hard on some excess saliva he produced.

"O-ok" the old mans voice was slightly broken. Eva let him go, making hit his head on the ground. Getting up on all fours, he then quickly scurried to his bag and pulled out a few more medical supplies. Eva placed her hands on her hips and sighed. "What a chaotic day.." she mumbled to herself. She walked back to the two and sat down cross legged towards the drifter.

"Now...can I do a stitch up without hurting your...demon?" the man had a needle with some thread and a cloth that was slightly wet with disinfectant.

TheDreamEX.png

Gif not by me

A little one

#9 Nixe Dragonheart

Nixe Dragonheart

Page

• Page
  • 24 posts

Posted 23 July 2011 - 07:30 PM

As the medic reeled back, Bur pulled a hand to her throat room that spurted her own crimson blood in a vile manner, feeling the heavy effects of the poison quickly fade in response to its withdrawal. She held a shaking hand to the wound and pressed it against it, propping herself up against the nearby tree. Her bright gaze began to dull again, her dilated amber eyes returning strangely to their former calm state. The roaring amber glow that surged through her peculiar curse mark began to regulate into a gentle pulsing pattern. She glanced towards the medic and outstretched her other hand. "I need you to patch this up with the usual requirements. I will cauterize my own wound." She spoke solemnly with a nod.

Glancing back and forth between the two, the Flamewielder shook her head. "I apologize for the sudden... outburst, so to say. It was my demon, Lucrae. Unfortunately, I have been bound to him since birth, as he has been to me. The way of which you were withdrawing the poison was hurting him. He feels whatever I feel, however I can endure things for longer. It doesn't take him long to take control and scream out through me in my weakened state." Bur explained, her gaze fixed upon the two.

Returning her full attention to the medic, she began to speak again. "You, whoever you are, medic, sir, it hardly matters to me. Do you know of any other areas that are in need of help from the Drifters?" She questioned solemnly. "This is important, you see. The shadow beasts must fall at all costs. This is apparently the final dimension that is infested with shadow beasts. Once they are gone, there shall be no need for the Drifters anymore." The Flamewielder said with a slight nod, allowing her gaze to wander to the darkened skies; rain. Rain was beginning to fall. Bur felt saddened at the sight.

"Pity, really. Once my duty as a Drifter is fulfilled I will-" Blinking, Bur opted not to finish that sentence. Shaking her head, she grumbled. "That doesn't matter. Anyways, quickly. We must hurry; the shadow beasts could be at work as we speak."

Know you're not alone. ♥

#10 The Dream

The Dream

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,967 posts
  • ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Posted 23 July 2011 - 08:12 PM

Small drops of rain fell onto Eva's coat and down her cheeks. What....did she mean by that statement, "once me Drifter duty if fulfilled I will"..... will what?. She turned to the medic who working on the drifters hand, wanting to quickly finish and get out of the rain, or maybe just so he could get away from them.

"Apparently up in the mountains, there have been a few weird disappearances, but I don't know if that has anything to with shadow beasts" the old man was quicker than anyone would've though, he had already finished with the drifters wound and had started to pack up. "Alright..." he stood up and looked at Eva, putting his hand out. "That will be two hundred" he spoke, not forgetting the issue of money.

Eva mumbled some rude words and searched a large pocket in her coat for a small sack. She pulled out a small burgundy coloured sack and dropped it onto the man hand. "Happy?" she spoke in a sarcastic term and crossed her arms. "Work on your customer service, you're the worst doctor I've ever met" she mumbled. "You're the worst person I've had to deal with" he retaliated and walked to his chestnut coloured horse. Jumping up and sitting onto the saddle, the old man whipped the reins and the horse galloped down the pat they took previously, disappearing in the rain.

Eva ran her hand through her now soaking wet hair and sighed. "So many weirdos in this place" she mumbled. Turning to the drifter, she grinned. "Now then, before we go towards some more danger, mind telling me your name? Or do I just call you "that drifter with a scar and demon" for the rest of the time I know you"

TheDreamEX.png

Gif not by me

A little one

#11 Nixe Dragonheart

Nixe Dragonheart

Page

• Page
  • 24 posts

Posted 24 July 2011 - 04:25 AM

"Drifter with a scar, a curse mark and a demon, more like." Bur retorted, pointing a trembling hand to the 'x' mark upon her cheek. That scar was the very reason that many of her race were dead. Along with her, few remained scattered across her dimension. Ignoring Eva's question for a moment, Bur gently closed her eyes, inhaling deeply. As she did so, despite the rain that fell, a flame ignited within the palm of her hand, burning brightly through the darkness that the rain clouds cast upon them. Removing her other hand from the wound, the Flamewielder paused for a moment and winced before-

Thrusting the flame against the wound to cauterize it.
She grimaced somewhat, but kept her silence. The work was quickly done, and she removed her hand from the newly cauterized wound, the flame fizzling out. Bur returned her solemn amber gaze to the fellow Drifter that stood before her, before steadily working herself to her feet. She stumbled somewhat at first, but her balance soon returned to her.

"My title is 'Bur, Who Dances Among The Flames', one of the last of the Drifters and the dying Flamewielder race from the dimension of L'éternité." She replied not without a measure of pride. "Of course, I will tell you more in the time to come, I have no choice now, do I? You've seen the curse mark, and that's it. I can't very well not explain myself to a fellow Drifter. Perhaps we should camp out somewhere? But for now, what is your name, Drifter?" Bur stepped forward, her gaze settled upon her.

Know you're not alone. ♥

#12 The Dream

The Dream

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,967 posts
  • ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Posted 24 July 2011 - 05:35 AM

Eva crossed her arms and smiled. "Eva. Nothing special about me, just that daughter of a legendary pirate from the dimension known as Aquarius. Pretty good pirate myself if I may say" Eva put out on her arms and pointed at her chest with her thumb and a toothy grin on her face. Pulling a more serious face, she looked up at the sky, then towards the path that lead to the town she had run to before. "We could head back to that town, there was an inn over there where we could rest up. Unless, of course, you prefer to stay out here" Eva looked back to Bur, letting her make the decision for now.

The rain was falling down faster and harder, Eva expected some thunder soon. It wasn't going to be a nice night. She started to feel the tip of her nose lose temperature faster than the rest of her body. Getting her hands out, she cupped the lower part of her face and blew, letting the warm air from her mouth warm up her frozen nose.

(Sorry, not that long I know)

TheDreamEX.png

Gif not by me

A little one

#13 Nixe Dragonheart

Nixe Dragonheart

Page

• Page
  • 24 posts

Posted 24 July 2011 - 05:44 AM

Bur's eyes lit up in response to the word, 'Aquarius'. Her shocked expression remained for a few heartbeats, before she regained her solemn composure. And yet, despite such, there still remained curiosity in her eyes. "Aquarius, you say?" The Flamewielder blinked. "I've been to Aquarius before. Heard all the tales and stories that there have been to tell. I've heard of such a legendary pirate and his daughter. Never thought I'd get to meet her, though." Bur chuckled, cracking her knuckles as she glanced around, listening to the sound of the rain. "I don't do well in rain, I get sick easily. It's a thing of the Flamewielders, I suppose. Perhaps it would be wise as you said to venture to that town. We can head towards the place the man spoke of soon enough." She replied with a nod, beginning to head down the path. The Flamewielder took one last glance at the bloodsoaked shadow beast with a wince, before turning away.

"So, Eva!" Bur began, suddenly seeming a lot more... light, in personality. She came across as quite a solemn personality, and to see such a sudden change was surely odd. "Any questions about yours truly before I explain myself? Surely there are things that pique your curiosity, such as the demon, or the Flamewielder race, or even-" Bur felt herself lose her tongue for a moment. She stood rigid, shifting her shoulder length, pitch black locks to trail a gentle hand across the curse mark that pulsed a mysterious amber. "Or even the mark." She finished the sentence with a bitter tone, as if she held regret.

[My apologies here also.]

Know you're not alone. ♥

#14 The Dream

The Dream

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,967 posts
  • ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Posted 24 July 2011 - 06:06 AM

Eva walked along side Bur, surprised that a drifter had gone to her odd excuse for a dimension. She felt slightly bad for not know about Flamewielders, seeing how Bur had learned about her father and herself. Eva decided she'd use the excuse that she had only had her drifter powers for a year and hadn't even gone to a third of all the dimensions. Putting her hands into her pocket, she looked ahead.

Hearing Bur speak again, she looked at her started with the sudden change in personality. She could've just stared at her, amazed at the sudden change, but instead she smiled and looked forward. "Well, I would like to know more about these Flamewielders, I've never been to L'éternité, or many dimension for that matter. Too many dimension you see, pretty hard to go everywhere in the first year you get your powers" she smiled at Bur, hoping she would make a nice new friend.

They approached the country road. It was slightly muddy and looked slippery due to the wet gravel and loose mud underneath it. Eva quietly sighed, glad she wore boots all the time. Stepping onto the gravel of the country road, she continued walking with Bur towards the town in the cold rain. Inside, Eva was wishing that the worst part of the storm started when they were in the towns inn.

TheDreamEX.png

Gif not by me

A little one

#15 Nixe Dragonheart

Nixe Dragonheart

Page

• Page
  • 24 posts

Posted 24 July 2011 - 06:24 AM

Glancing up at the darkened skies, Bur found herself chuckling somewhat as she thought of the Flamewielders. The chuckle retained a certain sense of sorrow, merged with pride. As if she felt honoured to be a member of the Flamewielder race, and yet, saddened by something else. "Well, the Flamewielders are a race who specialise in fire magic. However, for every Flamewielder there is a 'Flamewielder's Bane'. A demon that inhabits our bodies, waiting to take control of us for one reason: destruction. We Flamewielders were seen as a threat because of such, and were purged. Only a few of us remain, and we are identified by this mark; every Flamewielder is born with one." She explained, pointing once again to the 'x' shaped scar upon her left cheek.

Bur shook her head and sighed lightly. "That's just the gist of it, I suppose. We're good people, and few realised that until there were only a few of us left." She remarked solemnly, her hand placed upon a sheath of one of the many weapons that hung from her belt. "As for me, I come from a small city in L'éternité. To the people there, I am known as "Weapons Master Bur". I'm a Blacksmith, see. Blades are my life, and I refuse to be parted from them." She spoke, tapping the sheath of which she had placed her hand to.

"As for the lack of dimensional visits, worry not, Eva. I've been a Drifter for eight years- eight years! Can you believe that?" Bur said with a bright smile. But shortly after, her expression changed, her piercing amber eyes clouded with a sense of... pain. "There are some dimensions that... you don't want to visit." Shifting her locks again, she revealed the glowing curse mark. "Because of one, I am destined to die soon, unless I return to that dimension, and make ends meet with the one who cursed me four years ago." Bur took a moment to sigh heavily, her gaze fixed upon Eva. "He was a good being... it was my fault. I brought this curse upon myself."

Know you're not alone. ♥

#16 The Dream

The Dream

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,967 posts
  • ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Posted 24 July 2011 - 06:58 AM

"Woah" Eva looked a the 'x' mark on Burs cheek, then continued to listen to her. While she listened, Eva looked at the road up ahead, seeing different wheel marks and hove marks. Looking back at Bur, she smiled as she told her about her being known as a weapon master. "Nice" she crossed her arms, watching her facial expressions as she spoke.

A mention being a Drifter for eight years was unexpected for Eva. Bur didn't look that much older than Eva herself, so eight years as a Drifter meant she'd become one around her teenage years. Burs eyes eyes started to change their emotion, looking less perky and happy and becoming more saddened. She spoke about a curse that she had gotten four years ago, one that didn't look that great back when they were patching her up. Hearing her mention death, shocked Eva.

"Damn, well we better get this mission dealt with soon then...." She crossed her arms and looked up ahead, a few small dots could be seen up ahead. This resembled the town that Eva had run to when she went to get the old man. Flicking her eyes back at Bur, she wondered what the whole curse was about. She thought it was better left for later, it sounded like it was very delicate topic.

TheDreamEX.png

Gif not by me

A little one

#17 Nixe Dragonheart

Nixe Dragonheart

Page

• Page
  • 24 posts

Posted 24 July 2011 - 07:21 AM

'Foolish girl!'

Bur heard the sharpened voice echo through her skull. It stung sharply, causing her to wince momentarily. The Flamewielder recognized this voice. A voice that had been with her all her life; the voice of her demon, Lucrae. Bur lowered her voice into a whisper, her amber gaze narrowed. "What do you speak of, demon?" She growled back, only to be replied to with a sneering laugh. 'You talk too much about your past to this being! You know full well that you have refused to crawl back to him of the Somnium dimension! You know who I speak of...' The demon within growled, it's voice ringing painfully through the Flamewielder's head.

"... You speak of Prince Dal, I know. I refuse to return to him for the sake of being saved from this curse, Lucrae. It was my fault, he cursed me for what I did, now stop reminding me!" She came to yell, unaware of Eva's presence. Suddenly realising, Bur blinked, suddenly alert. The voice of her demon was silenced, and she glanced around uneasily. Glancing back at Eva, Bur sighed heavily. She glanced away again, and returned her voice to a whisper. "... Look, Lucrae. You were there when it happened. I broke his heart, and he cursed me for it. I can still feel his burning hate, even in this dimension." She murmured, her gaze glassy with pain.

Returning to Eva, Bur shook her head. "Come on, let's hurry to that village. The day is drawing to an end, and the shadow beasts may be lurking by. The more time we waste, the more likely it is that someone will get killed because of such."

Know you're not alone. ♥

#18 The Dream

The Dream

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,967 posts
  • ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Posted 24 July 2011 - 04:53 PM

Eva let her mind wonder off while Bur started to be more silent. She wondered how some dimensions could have people that would put curses on you. Eva knew that she would have to be careful when she goes off to other dimensions. She wasn't going to promise herself that she would leave her slightly rude and become and angel, but she was going to promise herself that she would steer clear of any shifty looking people.

"... You speak of Prince Dal, I know. I refuse to return to him for the sake of being saved from this curse, Lucrae. It was my fault, he cursed me for what I did, now stop reminding me!"

Eva looked over to Bur, taken away from her train of thought by her yelling. Watching her look around for a moment lead to an uncomfortable silence. Eventually, Bur looked away from Eva and started to whisper to herself. Eva kept watching her, in some ways Bur started to interest her. She was different from the usual drifter that Eva had run into every now and then. Eva wanted to know more about this "he". She had already explained a few things to Eva already, so when they reached the Inn she would ask.

"Come on, let's hurry to that village. The day is drawing to an end, and the shadow beasts may be lurking by. The more time we waste, the more likely it is that someone will get killed because of such."

Eva nodded. "Yeah. It's not that far now by the looks of it" Eva spoke and pointing to the town, which looked more clearer and closer. Eva was right about it not being too far. Two minutes of walking and they had reached town.

The streets were empty, everyone must've taken shelter in their homes or shops to avoid being drenched in the rain. Eva looked around and then spotted the Inn she spoke about. "There we go, our retreat to warmth and shelter" Eva pointed to the Inn and smiled, speaking with a louder than usual voice.

TheDreamEX.png

Gif not by me

A little one

#19 Nixe Dragonheart

Nixe Dragonheart

Page

• Page
  • 24 posts

Posted 24 July 2011 - 05:20 PM

Bur glanced about the village, there was a gentle air to the area, and that soothed her troubled mind. She took a moment to drink in the quiet atmosphere, before turning to Eva. Again, the Flamewielder took the time to analyze the pirate-woman's expression. But alas, Bur could not focus her thoughts enough to perhaps have some insight as to what she was thinking about. And so, Bur decided to give up on the idea of trying. She placed a hand to the door of the inn, and opened it, heading on in.

The inn itself had a quaint feel to it; Bur found that nice. She turned her amber gaze to the woman who stood leaning against the counter, her attention resting upon the book she read. Glancing up as the Flamewielder approached, she welcomed the two. "Welcome at this late hour, dears. What can I do for you?" She asked, her voice wrapped in a gentle tone. Bur placed upon the counter a small bag of gold as she replied, "Two for the night please, ma'am." The Flamewielder replied, her own voice dulled by an overwhelming sense of weariness. Taking the small bag and emptying it of its golden contents, she handed it back to Bur with a nod and a smile, gesturing down the hallway. "It's not much, but it's good. Sleep well, travellers." She spoke. Nodding, Bur proceeded down the hallway.

As Bur opened the door to the room, she examined the contents; two comfy-looking beds, a vanity table with a dainty mirror and an old couch. In the center of the wall sat a chimney, the fire crackling gently. The sound of the flames and their warmth filled Bur with an unexplainable, yet wonderful feeling; one of which a Flamewielder could only ever feel. It wasn't much as the woman had said, but it certainly was good. Unfastening her belt of weapons, she placed them upon the couch, counting them. Longswords, katanas, daggers, throwing knives; check. They were all there. And for the final piece; she removed the mighty sheath from her back and placed it down gently beside the rest of her weaponry. With her arsenal of blades relieved from her person, she felt much, much lighter. With a sigh, Bur slunk down onto one of the beds that sat closest to the window with a sigh, glancing out to the night skies.

"I don't know, Eva," The blacksmith spoke, kicking her boots from her dainty feet. She was notably shorter than Eva, despite the age difference. And yet, this did not take away the formidable sense about her. "Why us? Why is it that us Drifters have to do the dirty work of slaughtering these shadow beasts? Then again... I've nothing much left to live for other than that. Once the last of the shadow beasts are slain, I will draw my final breath. I see no hope for ridding myself of this curse, or the memory of the man who placed it upon me." She rambled on, outstretching a hand close to the open fire.

Know you're not alone. ♥

#20 The Dream

The Dream

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,967 posts
  • ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Posted 24 July 2011 - 07:10 PM

Eva followed Bur into the Inn, feeling much warmer than she was outside as soon as she stepped in. There was a kind woman the desk who greeted them when they approached her. While Bur talked to her about the room, Eva stretched and looked around at the Inn. Looking at the wooden walls, floor and well cleaned windows. It was inviting, but Eva suspected they only made it like this to get customers. She was too interested in the interior of the reception room that what Bur was doing.

Looking back at the reception counter, Eva widened her eyes to see she was no longer there. She looked around and finally saw Bur heading to their room. She quickly jogged towards her, not wanting to be left behind. Eva followed her into the room, being welcomed by the warm environment as soon as she observed it. She closed the door behind the two and yawned, taking a better look at their room. There were two nice beds with sheets that didn't appear to have a single crease. A table, a mirror and a couch were also in the room. To complete the homely look, there was a chimney that was lit with a large and bright fire, warming Eva up even though she wasn't near it.

Eva smiled and took off her coat, throwing it onto the bed. She felt more colder than before, but that didn't bother her. She rubbed her bare arms with her hands before taking off her bulky boots, throwing them next to her bed. She took her rapier and revolver and walked over to her boot. She made her rapier lean against the wall while her revolver sat next to it.

Bur had already take a bed, so Eva took the other one. She jumped onto it and lay back, her hands underneath her head and she looked up to the ceiling.

"I don't know, Eva,"...."Why us? Why is it that us Drifters have to do the dirty work of slaughtering these shadow beasts? Then again... I've nothing much left to live for other than that. Once the last of the shadow beasts are slain, I will draw my final breath. I see no hope for ridding myself of this curse, or the memory of the man who placed it upon me."

Eva looked at Bur, then slowly sat up on her bed. She moved back and leaned against the wall before finally talking. "I don't know. After all this is over, I'm not sure what I'll do..." she looked at Burs amber eyes. Eva wanted to know more about this Flamewielders curse. "Who's this guy that gave you the curse? What did you do to him? He sounds like someone who was real sore about their heart being broken, or some creepy old guy that got ticked off when you broke their shelf filled nicknacks"

TheDreamEX.png

Gif not by me

A little one