• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#21 Nixe Dragonheart

Nixe Dragonheart

Page

• Page
  • 24 posts

Posted 24 July 2011 - 07:56 PM

Bur turned her gaze back to Eva, her gaze glassy with a sense of thought. The Flamewielder had been twirling a few locks of pitch black hair unconsciously as she gazed out to the starry skies through the window. Returning her hand to her side, Bur propped herself up against her pillow, resting her head back as she stared at the ceiling in silence. She kept her silence for a few tense heartbeats, unresponsive to Eva's question at first. Slowly returning her amber eyes to the pirate-woman, she nodded solemnly.

"... His name is Dallas Tiorsi, prince of the dimension of Somnium." The Flamewielder began, the thoughts of the great prince swimming within her head. "I met him during my duties as a Drifter at Somnium. He... he was actually the first person I met. I experienced major turbulance when travelling through the 'dimensional rift' and sustained life-threatening injuries. He found me in the snowy forests during a hunting trip, and so brought me back to his city." Bur went on to explain, trailing her fingertip across the hilt of a small dagger she held in her hand. "Heh... I can still see him now. Ivory skinned, the noblest of expressions, the purest white could ever be was his locks of hair... but those features aren't what I remember the most; it was his eyes. A warm brown colour, a glint of gentleness always lingered within them." She smiled lightly.

"Ignore me rambling on. Anyways. See now, the people of his dimension... they had known of my race, the Flamewielders through legends. When word broke out that I was one of them, there was sheer chaos. Nobody could believe it, everybody thought it impossible. He in particular was fascinated by the myths and legends of the Flamewielders, which brightened his incentive to make sure I lived. And so, prince Dallas tended to my wounds himself and stayed at my bedside for nearly two weeks. He refused to let anyone else draw near. He was... a good man."

Shaking her head, Bur shook the pain from her expression and continued to speak. "It was through those two weeks of gentle care his fascination turned to something greater... it turned to love. I was in that dimension for two years ridding the lands of the shadow beasts; he fought alongside me every step of the way, he protected me fiercely, you could see it in his eyes; he was willing to die for a Flamewielder." As she rambled on, Bur felt a sharp sting upon her fingers; unconsciously she had cut her hand upon the dagger she fiddled with. Ignoring it, she continued. "I suppose you could say... I eventually came to return the feeling. It was... it was wonderful, I suppose you could say. But I was foolish," Bur growled, a solemn flicker to her amber gaze. "A Drifter can never be allowed to stay in one place. I soon had to leave... well, to say that prince Dallus was devastated was an understatement. It tore him apart. I can still hear is agonized cries to this very day." The Flamewielder shuddered, her gaze averting Eva's.

"Out of blinded fury and his desperate heartache, he cursed me. He cursed me for being a Drifter; and so when I fulfill my duty and the shadow beasts are all slain... I will die. As the time draws nearer, this curse will begin to mark the rest of my body and slowly kill me from the inside. It won't be pretty, that's for sure." Bur chuckled, attempting to lighten the mood on such a darkened manner. Sighing, she shook her head. "I feel terrible for breaking his heart... but it couldn't be helped. As a Drifter, my duty comes first. I had no choice in the matter." Turning her gaze to the starry skies once more, Bur tilted her head somewhat. "I still wonder how he is these days... he was a good man, like I said. And he will make a fine ruler of Somnia. But of course, I shan't be the one to stand at his side. I know not of where my place is, I simply know that the shadow beasts must fall or else." She nodded, wiping the blood tickle from her hand into the blunt side of the dagger.

"My question for you, Eva, is... do you think that this curse can be lifted?"

Edited by Nixe Dragonheart, 24 July 2011 - 07:58 PM.

Know you're not alone. ♥

#22 The Dream

The Dream

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,967 posts
  • ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Posted 24 July 2011 - 10:32 PM

Eva listened to Burs story. How she fell in love with the prince in her times of need, and then had to leave him behind just because of her duty as a drifter. It was heartbreaking, but Eva was confused about whether to like like the prince character or not. He may have saved Bur, but ruining her life in the end just because she had to leave and he couldn't have her, it seemed selfish. It reminded her of an obsessed mans words, "if I can't have you, no one can". Eva let it go, love worked in strange ways. There was no wrong way or right way to love, there was just that raw emotion. Eva hoped that one day she could experience it, something other than the illusion of love that she shared with many people, but then if she did then that would end up more complicated than it what is was meant to be. Eva was after all, a Drifter.

Once Bur asked her question, Eva looked up to the ceiling and thought for a moment before answering. "Well....it all depends on how the prince feels about what he's done" she closed her eyes and sighed. "If he truly loved you...he would now let you go and lift you of this curse" Eva kept her eyes closed and her head facing the ceiling. She listened to the fire crackle and burn for a while. A moment of peaceful silence, it was nice and relaxing for Eva. It was like she needed it.

Yawning, Eva thought about her father. She imagined what it must've been like, being in love with her mother but knowing that he still had to live the life of a pirate. If he tried to settle down, then rival pirates would know where he was and he would've been lost to her when she was younger than the age she already was, maybe even before she was born. Eva didn't mind though, her father still kept in touch. He always came to visit them at least once or twice every week. Even though her father was famous and legendary pirate, he still acted like a good father.

Opening her eyes again, she looked back at Bur and smiled. "I think I've learned enough about you. You have any questions about the fine specimen before you?" She pointed at herself and laughed, trying to lighten the mood.

Edited by The Dream, 24 July 2011 - 10:44 PM.

TheDreamEX.png

tumblr_n6lpksz2V81sfgfh0o1_500.gif

Gif not by me

A little one

#23 Nixe Dragonheart

Nixe Dragonheart

Page

• Page
  • 24 posts

Posted 25 July 2011 - 02:44 AM

Bur didn't respond efficiently to Eva's reply. The thought of dying at the hands of prince Dallas's curse... it frightened her somewhat now, particularly at the thought of what the pirate-woman has just said. He won't lift the curse, the Flamewielder knew that all too well. She had turned his sweet love into a bitter agony.
'Eheehee, don't cry now, my little Flamewielder!~ Unless you find another method of lifting the curse, you know full well that your fate has been sealed! She heard the sneering voice ring through her skull once again, however this time, she held back the wince in response to the pain. No matter how she looked at it, Lucrae was right. There was a sense of inevitability upon the matter that couldn't be shifted.

Inhaling deeply, and breathing a silent sigh, Bur propped herself up against her pillow again and glanced back at Eva with a smile. "But enough of that, of course," She finally spoke, placing the dagger down at her side once more. "I'm intrigued. How is it you managed to evade me during my visit to Aquarius? I sailed the high seas with many-a-pirate crew to slay the dragon beasts that dwelled in the ocean depths. I must have been on at least a hundred different ships during my time there." She spoke, resting her head back as she closed her amber eyes with a slight smile.

Know you're not alone. ♥

#24 The Dream

The Dream

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,967 posts
  • ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Posted 25 July 2011 - 03:26 AM

Eva chuckled and pressed her head against the wall she leaned against on her bed. She spread her legs out in front of her and looked at Bur. "Aquarius is filled with millions of ships and crew, it's pretty easy to miss someone like a Drifter. I bet I did hear you were around, a few Drifters have come to my dimension before, but I guess I just didn't get to meet you. News travels faster than the ships that carry the information" Eva shiver a little, feeling slightly cold.

Ignoring it for the moment, she continued to talk. "You know I was surprised you knew about me. Not many pirates care about my fathers tales, or me for that matter. When he died...people lost respect for him and slowly the tales were less frequently spoke of. I didn't expect anyone to keep telling them to anyone, especially anyone like a Drifter. People are more interested in those more richer and less well mannered pirates and find pride in telling their stories, not stories of old pirates that respected the old codes and explored many seas and lands" Eva looked slightly saddened as she thought about the way people laughed at the mention of her father. She remember their jokes and how they only talked about the fact he died out at sea in a mere battle between ships.

TheDreamEX.png

Gif not by me

A little one

#25 Nixe Dragonheart

Nixe Dragonheart

Page

• Page
  • 24 posts

Posted 25 July 2011 - 04:22 AM

Bur blinked once or twice, before smiling lightly at the pirate-woman. "Well, the legends of your father were the first things I came to hear when I came to Aquarius. I held quite an admiration towards him. It was pity that I had never met you during my time there." The Flamewielder replied. "Well, it looks like you and I are stuck with one another until these beasts are slain." She chuckled lightly, taking her other hand away from the crackling flames of the fireplace. Sitting herself up, she glanced out of the open window at the starry skies again, before glancing back at Eva. "Well, I won't be long. I think I'm going to take a look around the village. Despite my injuries, I'm feeling restless." She murmured to Eva, grabbing hold of her boots and steadying herself as she sat upon the window frame. Quickly slipping them on, she gave a nod. Saluting with a smirk, she dissappeared from sight, landing on the ground below her.

Glancing around, she stepped through the village, curious as to whether or not anyone else was up at this late hour. The village was quaint, it made Bur feel welcomed completely. In the center stood what appeared to be a great tree on raised, grassy terrain, its pink blossoms drifting in the faint breeze. The Flamewielder felt compelled to venture near. Surely the sight of the village would be more accessible from up on higher terrain. Quickly heading over, Bur cartwheeled up towards the base of the tree, landing comfortably in a spot at the base of it. She could see a few flickering lights from the many houses, the gentle glow soothing her mind. With a sigh, Bur couldn't help but talk to herself, unaware of any other presences that may have been near.

"Well, I suppose this is it. This is the final dimension. After that... well, I know what is to become of me. How saddening. I suppose that's just fate, is it not...? Surely there isn't any other way for it to end."

Know you're not alone. ♥

#26 The Dream

The Dream

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,967 posts
  • ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Posted 28 July 2011 - 05:19 AM

"Alright" Eva waved to Bur as she slipped out the window. She was left there by herself for a while, the only company she now had now was her thoughts and the fire in the chimney. For a while, she thought about an adventure she had out at sea before she became a Drifter.

----------------------------------

"Come on men! Tonight, we will feast on gold!" a younger looking Eva swung around a giant wooden ship on a long rope. Beneath her, merciless battles between two pirate crews distinguished by their dress code, fought to the death. Many of them fell into the deep dark blue ocean the ship floated on. Cannons from another ship shot into the interior of the ship that the deadly battles were held. Along with cannons, more pirates swung onto the ship and were thrown into battle as soon as they took one step on the ship. This was going to be the days last raid before Eva and her crew headed for Salty Bay where they would drink, feast and enjoy the pleasure of beautiful women. Eva was a good person to get the crew ecstatic, even though she was not the crews captain.

"Har Har Har!" a pirates laugh could be heard just a few inches above Eva. She looked up to see grinning, skinny pirate holding a sultan sword. He was halfway down the rope before he cut the rest of it under him. Eva fell down towards the deck, but before she hit the wood that was possibly now stained with blood, Eva pulled out a revolver and shot the head of the pirate that cut the rope. He fell down after Eva, faster than her. Quickly, before he fell past her, Eva grabbed him by the shirt and put him underneath her. They hit the wooden deck and Eva's fall was cushioned by the dead pirate.

"Sorry, better your empty shell than me" Eva mumbled, shrugging at the dead man before jumping forward and attacking a different pirate. The battles ensued for a little while longer until there was no man on the opposing crew left alive. There may have been a few members lost on Evas crew, but they still triumphed in the end. The captain of the opposing crew sat at the wheel of his ship, pinned down by a few daggers. Eva walked to the crowd surrounding the captain, wanting to catch a glimpse of what was to come next.

"I say we cut his throat!" a pirate yelled out and the rest yelled in agreement. "Aye! That does sound like a good idea" a voice was heard, and everyone shut their mouth. They all stepped aside and gave a man a clear path towards the captain. This man had red hair that was long and untamed. He had a nice goatee on his chin and a thin layer of hair on his upper lip. The man eyes was the deep blue colour of the ocean and made him seem like a man that had tales to tell. He was tall and had a strong muscular frame. His muscles were shown off by his blue open coat and he wore a brown pair of pants along with shiny black boots. On his head sat a nice black hat that the captain of a pirates crew would wear.

Slowly, he walked towards the captain of the opposing crew and moved his face down to his. "Skeleton Black, I haven't seen ye in a while. Never thought I would seein how we defeated yer crew last time. Of course, last time ye left the battle alive. This time ye won't be so lucky. Tie him up to the mast and get the list from his quarters. A captain must die at sea with his crew the second time he is defeated" The man walked away from the captain who looked down at the deck. A few pirates grabbed him by the arms and took him to where the man had ordered.

This man was the captain of Eva's crew. An honorable pirate who was good friends with Eva's father. He knew all the codes of the seas and followed them with pride, for it was his religion as it should be to any pirate. The rest of the pirates made their way back to their ship, leaving Eva standing there alone and looking at the captain. He turned to Eva and flashed her a smile. "You did good out there Eva, your father would be proud, I know I am" he said in a voice Eva would call charming and sweet as he walked towards her.

Eva blushed and looked away. The man always had that affect on her. He was handsome, caring, and very kind. Eva was lucky to have ended up in his crew when she was young. The captain stopped walking placed his rough hand on her cheek, slowing turning her face to meet his eyes. "Here, you deserve to treat yourself at Salty Bay. And...I know it's your father death anniversary" his expression was slightly serious and saddened, he turned away from Eva and looked out at sea. Eva was slightly saddened as well, she felt like crying at the thought of her father but she held back tears and looked out to sea as well.

"His soul.....it will always be with the ones he loved. I know it" the man looked at Eva and smiled before walking away. Eva stood there, looking out at sea. She took the captains words to heart, and treasured them for she knew they were true.

----------------------------------

Eva had dozed off for a few minutes. She woke up and then looked around, surprised she had managed to fall asleep. Looking at the fire at the chimney, Eva took the time to wonder what she would do for her fathers next death anniversary. It was after all, two days from now.

Edited by The Dream, 03 August 2011 - 01:16 AM.

TheDreamEX.png

Gif not by me

A little one

#27 Django

Django

Page

• Page
  • 29 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 01:01 AM

A flash of light could be seen off in the distance of Bur and Eva's location. "I wonder where the hell I am now." Luce spoke as he took a look around at his surroundings, noticing a village close by. "Apparently, I'm needed here?" He said to himself as he scratched his chin. The ex-prince sighed as he took a step forward, slipping a hand in his pocket. "Maybe there are other Drifters here." Luce had only met a few other Drifters since his powers had awakened. He looked up at the bright moon and the sky and softly smiled. "I always did love to stare at the sky at night." His attention was ripped away as he heard noises near him. Pools of oozing darkness began to form, shadow beasts rising from them. "I guess this must be why I'm here. I wonder where the source is." He grinned as he channeled light energy around his fists and feet, forming light gauntlets and boots. More and more beasts began to appear and he was soon surrounded. "Wow, really? This ought to be fun." He said with a grin as he took a defensive stance as the beasts closed in on him. He thrusted his fist forward, crashing it into one of the beasts heads causing it to screech and dissipate into thin air. More and more began to appear with each beast he destroyed. "Damn, this isn't working." He said with a huff as he defended himself against each of the beasts attacks. This made him wish he did more training. "Hopefully there are other Drifters in the area, otherwise I might be screwed." He said to himself.

Posted Image

#28 Nixe Dragonheart

Nixe Dragonheart

Page

• Page
  • 24 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 08:57 PM

It appeared as though the shadowbeasts that took the form of large cats had fled in many directions, most presumably to other parts of the land. One however, continued to growl at Luce, flexing its pitch black claws as the aura it emenated continued to flicker. It crept into a position to leap at the ex-prince, bearing its fangs. With a cruel snarl, it leapt, only-

To suddenly squeal and cry in panic. The mighty shadowbeast lowered it's gaze to its chest, to find a mighty blade soaked in blood jutting through. The blade was pulled out, and the beast screeched again, collapsing to its side, its frame disintergrating quickly. Where the blade had come from, stood the Flamewielder Bur, her piercing amber gaze solemn.

Wiping her bloodied sword in a clean cloth she kept attached to her belt of extensive weaponry, she glanced up at the newcomer, analyzing him down to the slightest detail in clothing. "That's some powerful magic you have there." The Flamewielder remarked, sheathing the huge and heavy blade she wielded. "I know of only one other dimension that harnesses such a power, and only one royal bloodline that uses it." She spoke solemnly, dusting herself off.

Returning her bright gaze to him, Bur gave a slight nod. "And who might you be, hm? Clearly you are no mere being to wield such an... interesting form of magic." She spoke, twirling a throwing knife in her right hand as she interrogated the newcomer. She smirked somewhat as she blinked. "Not to mention, you're better looking than most of the people I've seen in this dimension. Betcha got all the ladies lining up for miles, huh? Like you're some kind of prince, ahah." The Flamewielder laughed lightly, shaking her head with a sigh.

Know you're not alone. ♥

#29 The Dream

The Dream

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,967 posts
  • ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Posted 03 August 2011 - 01:16 AM

Eva swiveled her self to face the window in their room while she let her feet touch the ground next to the bed. It felt like a nice calm night, one Eva enjoyed back home when they would anchor the ship at one of the many famous docks. A change from all the lively entertainment and constant action. She could remember taking strolls along the wooden walkway where shops selling supplies and other things could be found just along it. After the business with Shadow Beasts was over, she would go home for a day or two so that she would be able to remember why she called the place home.

Eva heard some type of sound from outside the open window, making her broaden her eyes and raise one of her eyebrows in curiosity. She had heard cries like that, normally heard when Shadow Beasts were slain. Eva hoped Bur wasn't in any trouble. She sighed, crossing her arms and wondering if she should head out to see if Bur was in any trouble. The screeching was no longer heard, which made Eva relax. Maybe Bur had already dealt with any problem without her help. It was hard to believe since Bur was wounded, but Eva had to go with it.

She stretched and yawned, before smelling her collar and looking away in slight disgust. "I need a shower soon" Eva mumbled, falling back on her bed to stare at the ceiling.

TheDreamEX.png

Gif not by me

A little one

#30 Django

Django

Page

• Page
  • 29 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 07:13 AM

Luce could only watch in surprise as one of the cat fiends had gotten too close for comfort--only to be saved by this mysterious women. He let out a sigh of relief as he turned towards his savior.

"That's some powerful magic you have there." The mysterious woman remarked, sheathing the huge and heavy blade she wielded. "I know of only one other dimension that harnesses such a power, and only one royal bloodline that uses it." Returning her bright gaze to him, Bur gave a slight nod. "And who might you be, hm? Clearly you are no mere being to wield such an... interesting form of magic." She spoke, twirling a throwing knife in her right hand as she interrogated the newcomer. She smirked somewhat as she blinked. "Not to mention, you're better looking than most of the people I've seen in this dimension. Betcha got all the ladies lining up for miles, huh? Like you're some kind of prince, ahah." The mysterious woman laughed lightly, shaking her head with a sigh.

Luce let her finish what she was saying before laughing at her comment about him being a ladies man. "Well, you sure seem to know a lot more than me about the other dimensions. You're almost right about the Prince part, and the fact that I come from the only dimension known for light materialization. To be honest, my Drifter powers have just awakened, and I'm new to the concept. My name is Luce Prosperius. I was heir to the throne in my home dimension. I did not want the wretched throne and have to watch out for a kingdom. My wish came true with me developing Drifter powers." Luce walked up close to Bur, extending his hand towards her. "Pleased to meet you, and you are?"

Posted Image

#31 Nixe Dragonheart

Nixe Dragonheart

Page

• Page
  • 24 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 07:54 AM

At first, Bur remained relaxed as he replied to her. She slowly went to shake hands with him. However, at the mentioning of his name her amber eyes grew wide with shock. The Flamewielder stepped back, silenced by astonishment. With a slight murmur of disbelief, Bur fell to one knee respectfully. "L-L-Luce Prosperius, your majesty!" She stammered, her expression still bright with shock. Bur rose to her feet, taking his hand and shaking it with a solemn nod. It was noticeable that the Drifter had found herself embarrassed by the situation, a flush of bright red marked her once pale face. "M-My name is Bur, a Flamewielder of the dimension of L'éternité." She replied to his question.

"I was one of the Drifters that came to your dimension of Antares around five years ago, your majesty. We were sent there to eradicate the shadowbeasts that populated your lands. I recall you father, the old king mentioning much about his son, but never did I meet you." She explained uneasily, inhaling to calm herself in the presence of the royal being. "And here you are now, a Drifter." Bur remarked lightly. The Flamewielder shook her head. "Forgive me for speaking so rudely beforehand, sire. I was unaware of your royal status."

Know you're not alone. ♥

#32 Django

Django

Page

• Page
  • 29 posts

Posted 07 August 2011 - 05:51 AM

Luce was surprised when she dropped to a knee out of respect for his former position. He couldn't help but chuckle a little bit. He was glad she shook his hand. "It's nice to meet you, Bur. However, you do not need to treat me with such respect. I've renounced my ties to the royal family of Antares. You heard about me from my father? I wonder what he said." He said with a grin. "So, Bur, is it just you here? Or is there anyone else around like us?" Luce said with a curious tone. "Although even if there are not more Drifters, surely you and I could easily handle what is sent our way."
Posted Image

#33 Nixe Dragonheart

Nixe Dragonheart

Page

• Page
  • 24 posts

Posted 07 August 2011 - 06:09 AM

"He spoke of you highly, Luce- er, sire." The Flamewielder began, correcting herself in his presence. Despite having told her that he had renounced his ties to the royal family, Bur couldn't help but be like so. She was all too used to being in the presence of royalty and so, the way she addressed him was like a habit to her. "A-As for other Drifters? Yes, there is another. A pirate by the name of Eva, from the dimension of Aquarius." She replied nervously, glancing around the area. Her attention became caught by the stars of the sky.

"... You know, it's been all too long since I was last in the dimension of Antares, Luce, sire." She spoke, her amber gaze fixed at the sky. "Perhaps five or six years now, I think." The Flamewielder gave a slight nod, twirling a dagger in her right hand. "If we make it out of this chaos alive, it would be one of my greatest desires to return to that dimension of yours, Luce." She turned to face him with a smile.

But it was at that moment, she felt the sharp sting of her curse mark on her neck. She grimaced slightly, glancing away for a moment as she rubbed it discreetly.
'If I make it out alive of this curse, that is...'

Know you're not alone. ♥

#34 Django

Django

Page

• Page
  • 29 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 04:41 AM

"He spoke highly of me, eh? Well, I guess I'm glad he did. The old man knew I didn't want to succeed the throne. I figured he always thought of me as some kid who didn't want to grow up and take on the royal duties." Luce said, scratching his chin in thought. "I'm also glad to know there's one other Drifter here. Sounds like she's a great ally." He noticed that Bur seemed to be somewhat uncomfortable around him still. "Please, I only ask that you just try to be yourself around me, alright?" He said in response. "Maybe one day we could go back to Antares. Then I'll be able to give you the grand tour." Luce smiled as he looked at Bur, who was rubbing a spot on her neck. Must've been a bug or something. Luce thought as he turned towards the village. "Well, shall we go pay the other Drifter a visit now?"
Posted Image

#35 Nixe Dragonheart

Nixe Dragonheart

Page

• Page
  • 24 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 04:56 AM

Bur fell silent for a moment, smiling lightly as he insisted that she acted normally. The Flamewielder gave a small nod, "My apologies... Luce." Bur found it a struggle to hold back on the word 'sire' as she adressed him. "It's a struggle to be myself around such royalty, be they disconnected from the throne or not." The Flamewielder glanced up calmly at the night sky, her amber gaze caught upon a few particularly bright stars. "It's just that I've been around royalty a lot in my lifetime... ahah, some of which I regret, but I suppose that's just how it was meant to be." She smiled calmly, feeling somewhat at ease now.

Bur turned back towards the village with a light nod. "This other Drifter, she goes by the name of Eva. She is from the dimension known as Aquarius. She's a good person, saved me many-a-time in the recent months that we have been in this dimension." She explained lightly. The Flamewielder glanced over her shoulder towards Luce with a smile. "As for a grand tour of Antares... that sounds like one of the best ideas I've heard in a long time, my good sir."

Know you're not alone. ♥