Secret Igshar

Pwner of Noobs

• Monarch
  • 3,796 posts
  • your worst nightmare

User's Awards

Posted 05 August 2011 - 01:54 PM

Other ideas for Pezro would include 50 :HP: 12 :RES: 17 :EVA: 15/14 :STR:/:DEX:

Tybalt might do well to drop to 50 :HP: as well and pick up 12 :DEF: while dropping :INT: to 15 and bolstering :RES: to 17... :I

I kind of like these two modes instead of what they are currently.

a5g7ld.gif

Kingroy: ( 4:40 PM - 02/10/14) u can't own black people

Kingroy: ( 4:40 PM - 02/10/14) #ThanksLincoln

#22 Xanius

Xanius

The Omega

• Emperor
  • 3,525 posts
  • Awakening

User's Awards

Posted 05 August 2011 - 01:59 PM

Tybalt does seem like he has too much magic but Idk. He can only help out Str friends out since he has addle. So him having 17 isn't so bad. I mean, it'd be possible to give him 15 :INT: , 14 :RES: and put the 17 on :MP: right?

Edit// I like the 12 :DEF: and 50 :HP: better then current build. Imo. Makes him slightly wall like and since Wind/Thunder losses Faz and Erden it's kind of nice. Setup for Pezro you gave seems pretty nice too Ig.

Actually, woah. That 17 on MP would be 85 :MP:. >_> That's a bit crazy. Marjan having 75 is already a bit so 85 just makes things even more retarded.

Omega_Xanius.png

17ddgi.png

#23 Secret Igshar

Secret Igshar

Pwner of Noobs

• Monarch
  • 3,796 posts
  • your worst nightmare

User's Awards

Posted 27 September 2011 - 09:25 PM

Hey guys so this thread got massively off-topic and we never actually received any ideas at all which could help me out. Since development for Chapter 4 is in full swing and I am, honestly, unable to determine a very good way to go about upgrading the Spirits without making them overpowered, I would really like it if you guys could take some time and suggest some ideas.

What I need are ideas for new abilities for Spirits. New abilities. Not stat changes (since stats are final now and not changing again), abilities. Spells and Techs.

There were a couple on the first page, but the stats have changed since then and I'm not sure if those ideas would still be viable solutions to this problem. :I

Specific ideas for new abilities for individual spirits are much more useful than broad "well maybe spirits could be well served with more debuff spells" or the like. Due to the fact that I am actually still not sure at all what new spells and techs the spirits will be getting, intelligent suggestions have a VERY good chance of being used in the next chapter. :>

a5g7ld.gif

#24 Ralor

Ralor

Knight

• Knight
  • 781 posts
  • A Musical Madman

Posted 27 September 2011 - 09:42 PM

1.We have discussed before the idea of spirits having self-recovery spells and you said it was plausible for Chapter 4. I would like to know if you've decided yet. Name Suggestion: Recover (to match Recharge)

2. You've also said something about Recharge getting an upgrade in a discussion with Zal and I, if I remember correctly. If this is coming, I would like it if it be able to heal Marjan's entire 100 :MP: from just its required amount of :MP: in two casts, three tops. No idea what to call it.

3. Spirit Debuffs are getting fairly useless recently. I would either like a -10 debuff, a -5 debuff that also buffs its attack stat +5, or just give it a buff too.

Sig312.jpg

Im dum.

Shhhhh. It's okay. We understand.

3DS Friend Code: 5069-3989-9578
Nintendo Network ID: Niroji

Steam: Musical Madman

#25 Valor

Valor

Valorous

• Monarch
  • 3,874 posts
  • This is My Design

User's Awards

Posted 27 September 2011 - 10:26 PM

-10 is a huge cut off of a stat, and would be way way way too overpowered. Debuffs and buffs probably will never rise from 5 very much in my estimation. Maybe about 7 or so, but that might be it.

There are ideas for a spirit healing spell/tech but it may only end up being about 10 hp a cast/use.

I was kicking around the idea of magick spirits getting a DoT spell in the same way as Erode works, and physical attackers getting a new upper level tech to help them deal more damage. Another idea would be for physical spirits to get a buff for a defensive stat (:DEF: :RES: :EVA:) as offensive stat buffs (:SPD::STR::DEX:) would lead to one spirit being better than another.

147.png

#26 Xylox

Xylox

Page

• Page
  • 118 posts

Posted 28 September 2011 - 07:11 AM

How about a debuff over time skill that takes away a large amount of a stat and slowly returns it. To make spirits not too strong, if it does -10 def for the enemy, it will -10 atk to itself. For example: Spirit casts (spell), Enemy gets -10 hats but slowly gains 1/2 back. Spirit gets -10 magic but slowly gains 1/2 back.

Or it could be a debuff over time skill that takes away a small amount of a stat but it increases slowly and when it reaches it's max, it goes back to normal.

#27 Xanius

Xanius

The Omega

• Emperor
  • 3,525 posts
  • Awakening

User's Awards

Posted 28 September 2011 - 10:47 AM

Okay so, I know a little bit about how new spirits will be. Not too much but yea...

Anyway, with talking with Azzy on this we came down to a few things. Some changes to current spells/techs and talks of new ones as well. Because stats won't be changing and just increasing on them we came up with what would help each spirit out themselves rather then just in general really. Without making one far superior to any other.

First I'll bring up Recharge. It's safe to say that there will be an upgraded one correct? We currently get 25 Net MP restored with the one we have now. Rechargara (or what you will) should be something other then just a straight up MP heal. Why? Because I would assume it would go up to costing 10 MP while healing back perhaps 40 Net MP. Only 15 more. While that's great and all we have Marjan with 100 MP. He'd need 10 MP to cast it, then he'd go up to 50. Casting it again would give him 90. Still 10 off. Needing two casts to bring himself up and still not be full is a little silly. I think we'll be seeing the lowest MP on a Magic spirit be 75. That being Karka. 10 MP would take him to 50. Then full on next. I dislike this a lot. Mainly because Magic spirits always have to get their MP back. Str spirits always get to just keep going and going. Sure they can miss but they also have upper techs that can make them do very high damage and fast at that. I'd like to see the next MP spell cost 5 MP still and be an Aspil based spell. 3 turns, 20 heal each turn. Giving a total of 65 MP Net back. Two casts of that and Marjan gets his MP back completely full. Marjan having such high MP is hard since once you get below a certain point why try and bring it to full again? It's just wasted. But if I can heal 60 MP or so with an aspil then him having such high MP isn't bad. Use it at 30 MP and he'd getting back to near full now. Reason why I take turn based healing over a straight increase is so that you can always get a lot back. Base doesn't need to be crazy high. As well, for those Str spirits, they can cast it with 5 magic and with a 5 base, they'll get back 10 MP each turn. 30 MP back. Would be nice for them to have that if they have buffs ya know?

For magic spirits new spell, I'm thinking a DoT like Burn or Piercing magics that attack twice. The DoT is nice. I will give it that. I'd like to deal 10 damage and do 5 for 3 more turns for a total of 25. But at the same time I'd love to hit two 15's pretty easily as well. While both are good I think that Magic spirits should get a combination of the two. One Piercing and a DoT. Piercing could hit for 15 while we do 5 damage for 3 turns. 30 damage possible. It'd cost 10 MP so that their base spell would still be less and useable. The base of the Piercing would be a bit higher then the Ra's. A 20 maybe over the 16 we have now. Then the DoT base would be something like 10. Like a basic Blizzard or Fire of sorts. Numbers of damage of course can be tweaked and such. I see that being better then any buff/debuff for Magic spirits to be getting. It'd give them another way of dealing damage as well. Which I think Mag Spirits really lack and need.

Str spirits getting buffs wouldn't be too bad honestly. They'd just have to last long amounts of time. 20-25 turns. Cost perhaps 10 MP. The stats they buff should be one Offensive and one Defensive. Str/Def for Solomon. Dex/Def for Erden. Str/Eva for Indra. Pezro and Atlas are basically the same so they'd get the same I guess or one gets Str and other gets Dex. Hale with Str/Def.

Upper Techs for Spirits would be rather nice too. If Magic spirits are getting two new things and Str spirits are getting two new things, then a Buff and Upper Tech will be nice for them.

Techs would be 3 ADR and give 13 total mods with a negative 2 right?

Solomon - +7 Str, +6 Dex, -2 Def
Erden - +10 Dex, +3 Str, -1 Def, -1 Res
Indra - +9 Str, +4 Dex, -2 Eva
Pezro - +8 Str, +5 Dex, -2 Eva
Atlas - +8 Str, +5 Dex, -2 Res
Hale - +9 Dex, +4 Str, -2 Def

Numbers adjusted however you'd wish of course. >_>;

I couldn't figure out a second spell for Magic spirits to be honest. I really don't know what to give them. I like the whole DoT+Piercing but they might just need to be seperate and have them given a Piercing and a DoT really. I think that might be the best course of actions.

Also, I'd like to see Debuffs last for more then 15 turns with the new spirits. Maybe 20? 25? Can make them cost 7 MP that way so the only thing we'd have that would be 5 MP would be Recharge2.

The Idea about Debuffs taking awhile a lot more then getting weaker as time goes on is pretty cool too. I think I'd like that for buffs moreso though. Like... You cast SUPPAH FIRE on Solomon and it buffs his Str and Dex for 20 turns total. First 5 turns is a 10 increase. Then it lowers from turn 6-10 to a 7 increase. 11-15 to a 5 increase and 16-20 to a 3 increase. Wouldn't be hard to pull off just need a lot of effectors and such on those spells... Same thing goes with Debuff too really. Would be pretty interesting and neat.

If you give spirits healing, which I think at this point would be okay and kind of needed, 10 HP heal would be fine. 5 MP heal for Mages and Str users would be okay I think. Especially of Str spirits are getting more then 25 MP. If you want to give them a tech though, I'd have to say it'd need to cut Str by 75 and have a chance to miss while being 1 ADR. Mages can go a long time with Curing but Str spirits can keep it up as long as they get to constantly hit. But I do think that with spirits being able to heal themselves and themselves only, it'd give more options for strategies to run and it wouldn't always be Spirit doing most of damage with Player being a backup with healing.

I'll post a bit more later on and such, want to get others to actually talk about things too. If we can get them, I'd like to know the number setup you are using for stats. Not the stats themselves but the AP amounts. Highest stat will be 25 AP, lowest 8 AP. Extra. That might change a few things with spells/techs of the sort.

/long post is long.

Omega_Xanius.png

17ddgi.png

#28 Valor

Valor

Valorous

• Monarch
  • 3,874 posts
  • This is My Design

User's Awards

Posted 28 September 2011 - 11:15 AM

I still hold fast to the notion that offensive buffs on spirits will not fly. It's too easy to say that Solomon's STR/DEF buff is INCREDIBLY WITHOUT QUESTION superior to Erden's proposed DEX/DEF. That makes Solomon infinitely better than Erden hands down regardless of stats. Why? Accumulate. Nuff said. 10 point swing on Solomon. 5 on Erden.

SPD also breaks it because it's too easy to set up a strategy that makes them clearly better than all others. Since the STR/DEX/SPD will bring some spirits head and shoulders above others, I am going to be vehemently against those for ever until proven otherwise.

Offensive buffs simply don't work.

Yes, I consider :SPD: an offensive stat.

Recharge upgrade to Aspil I'm meh about. I, as a physical attacker with 25 MP all the time, use Aspil/ra on Faz if his MP is too low. It's not a big deal. I can survive it. I can also survive with Faz Recharging his MP back solo while I run defensive measures.

Here's my issue with the Marjan nonsense:

You don't need 100 MP recharged constantly. You just want it. I still see little reason to compel me to say, yes, spirits need to heal their MP in one turn. Physical spirits can keep going, yes, but so can physical players. The trade off is that physical players, and spirits, cannot heal as effectively as a magical player can. They're also incredibly one dimensional to the point where if i cannot damage through :DEF: or :EVA: then my turns are useless where a magickal player/spirit can play with stats and create openings.

Again, you don't need more than 40 mp recovered with Marjan to deal damage. It won't break the bank for you to toss him an Aspira, since he gets the full benefit of the spell where only you take the cost. I still don't see the proposed net 65 :MP: gain as a necessity going forward.

Everyone sees Marjan's :MP: as a hinderance instead of the fact that it can go a lot longer than Faz can blasting magic before he is FORCED to recharge. I don't heal to full hp/mp after every battle. I don't see the point to it. :HP: i keep topped off as much as I can, but I only care about my personal :MP:. When Faz needs to Recharge, I Recharge before he's at 0 (Because I'm not Dion) in lieu of striking with another attack.

I dunno. Maybe I just don't see where epic :MP: heal comes from. I don't get it.

I wouldn't mind debuffs/buffs lasting longer for spirits, however. It would make them worth the usage especially since they still deal damage (debuff-wise). Buffs would have to be defensive, imo, but I already explained why for that.

147.png

#29 Secret Igshar

Secret Igshar

Pwner of Noobs

• Monarch
  • 3,796 posts
  • your worst nightmare

User's Awards

Posted 28 September 2011 - 11:19 AM

[quote name='Xylox']How about a debuff over time skill that takes away a large amount of a stat and slowly returns it. To make spirits not too strong, if it does -10 def for the enemy, it will -10 atk to itself. For example: Spirit casts (spell), Enemy gets -10 hats but slowly gains 1/2 back. Spirit gets -10 magic but slowly gains 1/2 back.

Or it could be a debuff over time skill that takes away a small amount of a stat but it increases slowly and when it reaches it's max, it goes back to normal.[/QUOTE]
I actually kind of am intrigued by this idea and I might very well consider it, though likely more for buffs than for debuffs, as Avalon suggested. I don't think the debuffs will be changing much (if at all) on this upgrade.

[quote name='Avalon']Okay so, I know a little bit about how new spirits will be. Not too much but yea...[/quote]
The new numbers (since there's no reason for it to be a secret) are:

22 / 20 / 18 / 16 / 14 / 13 / 8 / 8 / 5.

The five is on either :DEF: or :EVA:. The 14 is :SPD:.

[quote]First I'll bring up Recharge.[/quote]
[quote]2. You've also said something about Recharge getting an upgrade in a discussion with Zal and I, if I remember correctly. If this is coming, I would like it if it be able to heal Marjan's entire 100 :MP: from just its required amount of :MP: in two casts, three tops. No idea what to call it.[/quote]
Lowest :MP: is 65 on Karka. (40 on phys spirits)

I will more than likely be making their new Recharge spell be almost identical (though likely BETTER) than Aspira. (since it needs to last through 4 and 5, I want it to be able to handle them getting 10 :MP: spells)

It will probably cost 15 MP (which is 2 casts of spells; same as what the 10 MP for Aspil was) and will heal back around 25-30 MP a turn for 3 turns. That'd be something like 60-75 MP for one cast of it. It'll probably lean more toward the 30 side. Base on it would be 10, so that physical spirits can cast 5 spells and then use one MP heal spell (since their buffs would be 5 MP; 40 MP doesn't go a long way) to restore the MP back to full, thus wasting a minimum amount of time healing their MP.

[quote]For magic spirits new spell, I'm thinking a DoT like Burn or Piercing magics that attack twice. It'd give them another way of dealing damage as well. Which I think Mag Spirits really lack and need.[/quote]
I'm leaning more toward the DoT side of things here. Piercing spells are made to equal two weapons for physical attackers on a mage enemy, which is a way for their attacks to be scarier for players to fight against. I would definitely not be averse to giving out a stronger Burn-type spell to mage spirits. (since current Burn is slightly outmoded) But yes, I like this suggestion a lot.

[quote]Str spirits getting buffs wouldn't be too bad honestly. They'd just have to last long amounts of time. 20-25 turns. Cost perhaps 10 MP. The stats they buff should be one Offensive and one Defensive. Str/Def for Solomon. Dex/Def for Erden. Str/Eva for Indra. Pezro and Atlas are basically the same so they'd get the same I guess or one gets Str and other gets Dex. Hale with Str/Def.[/quote]
I can see this being a good idea, but I see it really really unbalancing things. Now my Pezro can buff Dex/Eva but Atlas is buffing Str/Eva... Which one is better? :I Pez usually fights (for me) with enough Dex to hit consistently anyway, and her upgrade has 18 base Dex (same as Atlas) so any boost over that would feel very superfluous to me. As far as buffs go, I'm very very unsure what I want to do with them. :\ If anything, they'd basically be a Str buff for X turns, which almost feels like a waste. I'm very unsure what to do without making any one Spirit's buff better than any other Spirit's.

[quote]Upper Techs for Spirits would be rather nice too. If Magic spirits are getting two new things and Str spirits are getting two new things, then a Buff and Upper Tech will be nice for them.[/quote]
Everybody is getting one new thing. Only one.

[quote]Techs would be 3 ADR and give 13 total mods with a negative 2 right?

Solomon - +7 Str, +6 Dex, -2 Def
Erden - +10 Dex, +3 Str, -1 Def, -1 Res
Indra - +9 Str, +4 Dex, -2 Eva
Pezro - +8 Str, +5 Dex, -2 Eva
Atlas - +8 Str, +5 Dex, -2 Res
Hale - +9 Dex, +4 Str, -2 Def

Numbers adjusted however you'd wish of course. >_>;[/quote]
I think you're out of touch with Hale.
But, uh, Hale and Erden will definitely be learning an upper Tech, either 2 or 3 ADR. Probably 2 so they do not suddenly become beast tier while the others are sub-par. The others will likely not be getting a new offensive tech.

[quote]Also, I'd like to see Debuffs last for more then 15 turns with the new spirits. Maybe 20? 25? Can make them cost 7 MP that way so the only thing we'd have that would be 5 MP would be Recharge2.[/quote]
I will consider this.

[quote]The Idea about Debuffs taking awhile a lot more then getting weaker as time goes on is pretty cool too. I think I'd like that for buffs moreso though. Like... You cast SUPPAH FIRE on Solomon and it buffs his Str and Dex for 20 turns total. First 5 turns is a 10 increase. Then it lowers from turn 6-10 to a 7 increase. 11-15 to a 5 increase and 16-20 to a 3 increase. Wouldn't be hard to pull off just need a lot of effectors and such on those spells... Same thing goes with Debuff too really. Would be pretty interesting and neat.[/quote]
Again, something I will consider.

[quote]If you give spirits healing, which I think at this point would be okay and kind of needed, 10 HP heal would be fine.[/quote]
[quote name='Ralor']1.We have discussed before the idea of spirits having self-recovery spells and you said it was plausible for Chapter 4. I would like to know if you've decided yet. Name Suggestion: Recover (to match Recharge)[/quote]
Healing for Spirits is still eh for me. I'm considering ways of doing it and have not yet settled on anything definite. I was initially considering just plopping a 5 mp heal spell on everybody, but I think that'd be kind of... silly. I mean a physical spirit would then waste their one turn healing (same for a mage) and I don't like that much. :I

I was leaning toward a lifefont-esque tech for physical and a drain-esque spell for mages, but, again, I'm undecided on this as of now. Your ideas will be considered, though, and they seem pretty good.

[quote]3. Spirit Debuffs are getting fairly useless recently. I would either like a -10 debuff, a -5 debuff that also buffs its attack stat +5, or just give it a buff too.[/QUOTE]
You're doing it wrong if they are getting useless. Five MP gives you a 5 point debuff. They're only useless if you try to cast, say, a debuff spell on something with over 40 :RES:, which is like trying to move a massive boulder by hitting it with a twig.

a5g7ld.gif

#30 Xanius

Xanius

The Omega

• Emperor
  • 3,525 posts
  • Awakening

User's Awards

Posted 28 September 2011 - 11:33 AM

See, the thing with the :MP: on Marjan is this, he has 100. That 100 is far higher then the 65 of Karka. Yes, he can go longer then Karka by far. But at the same time Karka can just Recharge once and get back up to near full. Marjan would be 35 :MP: further away then Marjan. If I end the battle with 55 :MP: on Marjan and Karka, it wouldn't hurt Karka at all. He's near full. Marjan is at half. He losses the advantage of being able to go longer then the others. If I'm using Marjan I'm usually Str. Going Str and casting Aspira on him just isn't really a smart thing since it won't heal him for the full it could. So he has to really get his :MP: back himself. That's my problem really. Once you get his :MP: under what the others are he losses the advantage he has with it. They get to have 5-6 points to defenses, spd, Mag or whatever as to where they are just sitting there for him unused. =X That's all.

Omega_Xanius.png

17ddgi.png

#31 Valor

Valor

Valorous

• Monarch
  • 3,874 posts
  • This is My Design

User's Awards

Posted 28 September 2011 - 11:43 AM

Even if it isn't "smart", it's still possible. I see what you're saying in that once he's under the others then his advantage is gone, but I'm sure there are ways to play with him that work out. Instead of dropping him to 30 MP every battle to hover around 50-70 MP instead while keeping a reserve in case you need to blast the shit out of something for multiple turns in a row and keep the damage going where Karka and Faz do not have that luxury. There are ways to make it work to your advantage, but I can kind of see where having a bigger MP heal may come in handy for him. However, this advantage that would help him would likely help the others as well unless it was a unique spell for 'Jan that would restore more MP. It doesn't seem... balanced that way unless he loses his other unique spell. Perhaps he'll end up with an Osmose eventually, which may fix the problem. Or a spell like Syphon I think.

147.png

#32 Xanius

Xanius

The Omega

• Emperor
  • 3,525 posts
  • Awakening

User's Awards

Posted 28 September 2011 - 11:58 AM

With Faz and the other guys having 90ish the 100 isn't so bad. Compared to Karka it's just a wtf type of thing really. It won't be bad now but in chapter 6 when we get upgrades again I can see it really being a problem. If it goes up by lets say 5 while others go up by 3. He's going to 125 :MP: while they are at 105 and Karka at 80. 20 more and 45 more then Marjan. That starts to come out to a lot. A syphon like spell for him would be pretty neat. I'd like that one new spell that a Blue friend had. Takes away a certain amount of MP over a period of time. That'd be pretty neat for his final version to have.

Omega_Xanius.png

17ddgi.png

#33 Valor

Valor

Valorous

• Monarch
  • 3,874 posts
  • This is My Design

User's Awards

Posted 28 September 2011 - 12:03 PM

The issue with him having that is that it doesn't solve his MP flood dilemma the same way a Syphon would. You'd be restoring the MP in an alternative, albeit weaker way, to deal damage. It keeps your MP healthy while dealing damage instead of a "wasted" turn of recharge or even Aspil. Keeps the hurt coming. It might be right up Marjan's alley... eventually.

But yeah, new spell is really nice but probably only ever going to be enemy only. Kind of unfair if the players ever got it.

147.png

#34 Secret Igshar

Secret Igshar

Pwner of Noobs

• Monarch
  • 3,796 posts
  • your worst nightmare

User's Awards

Posted 29 September 2011 - 03:20 PM

Um I think Avalon might have completely missed my post on the last page. I mean, it's possible.

Does anyone have any other suggestions on what would help make the Spirits better? :>

a5g7ld.gif

#35 Xanius

Xanius

The Omega

• Emperor
  • 3,525 posts
  • Awakening

User's Awards

Posted 29 September 2011 - 06:27 PM

Didn't miss it, just... posted more on to why I wanted the spell for Spirits to be Aspira like rather then just a small upgrade of Recharge.

Also, not so much of a suggestion for new spirits... but... After going over spirits and looking at abilities and what not. Two spirits stuck out to me like a sore thumb. Faz and Tybalt. Both are different from the rest of the spirits. They are the only ones to have a debuff that doesn't help them out themselves. They have a debuff for Eva. While this is great for a person that uses them and is Str, a magic user that has them, has a wasted spell on their spirit which I don't think is right. I know you want people to go Magic/Str and Str/Magic with themselves and their spirits. So of course you'd say people with Tybalt or Faz should be Str and the spell would be useful to them. That brings up another issue. They are the only two that help out their owns if they are something other then themselves. If you bring in Tybalt with you in a fight, he gets to take away 5 Eva from the enemy for you while damaging. 5 Eva is a shit ton. 15 Eva goes down to 10 Eva. Making you need 19 Dex instead of 26 for a 100% chance to hit. That's 7 AP less that you need to bring with you in that stat. No other spirit can let you bring in 7 less AP which is quite a lot really.

I'd like Faz/Tybalt to get something other then an Eva debuff for the fact that it's not fair to them to have something that doesn't help themselves out and it's pretty shitty that any Str user with access to them wouldn't pick anyone else over them ever.

Just my thoughts on the matter. <_<

Omega_Xanius.png

17ddgi.png

#36 Secret Igshar

Secret Igshar

Pwner of Noobs

• Monarch
  • 3,796 posts
  • your worst nightmare

User's Awards

Posted 29 September 2011 - 06:35 PM

That proposes a very very very very interesting idea.

What if, for the Physical Spirits which have an upper Tech already, they got buffs not for themselves, but for their allies? Solomon with a buff that would up his master's INT and, if I can make it so that this would null any attempts to cast Accumulate on Solomon, his own STR? This would then make Solomon, for example, into a pretty damn good powerhouse who would fight beautifully alongside a mage. On his turn, he uses like Dual Blaze, boosting the offensive might of the PARTY rather than just himself. I could easily make the spell ONLY able to target a player, so it would actually probably work really well. Spells like that MIGHT be able to be abused to high heaven if you fight with a team, though, and I'll definitely be looking into that problem before I decide if I am content with giving out a spell that works that way.

I could also hand out another debuff spell to other Mage spirits such as Karka and Marjan which would injure enemy DEF or EVA or even a similar buff spell to the one I'd give Solomon and co. to buff master STR or DEX while boosting its own RES (Karka) or restoring its own MP (Marjan). Imagine that. A free Buff spell on Marjan which would boost his master's STR stat. That would solve his MP dilemma while also making STR users like him bunches.

Also the 5 cut for EVA with Addle/Overfrost/Whittle is actually an oversight. I fixed Blind but never fixed that one. They both function in precisely the same manner (in terms of effectiveness of 1 point) so it should have been cut to a 3 max cut as well, like Blind/Flash Fire/Sand-Attack.

a5g7ld.gif

#37 Kingroy

Kingroy

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 06:47 PM

Well I've been thinking of this way before this Ferno but it made less sense back then. Now, thanks to the spirits, it sounds like it has a better grip on existence. How about spells that affect both the partner and the player?

One set of spells would boost the stat that's considered the weakness of the partner while taking away from the player's stat that is the exact opposite of this. I.E. a spell for Neteru would boost his defense while draining the player's strength. I find this to be used in situations where the enemy has changed up it's stats because of a spell and is now able to easily take out your spirit or able to not take much or any damage from it.

The other spell would be an attacking or an over time damage dealing spell. The affected stat here would be mana. The attack would do major damage but it would drain a lot of the player and partner's mana. I.E. Tybalt would have a spell, let's call it Surge Winds, that deals 20 Damage, but has a drawback of shaving off 10 MP from the partner and 5 MP from the player. Of course my numbers are probably not the best, but I didn't do that much thinking on it :I. As you can already tell this spell would be for attacking an enemy.

The former would be only for Single Element Spirits while the latter would be for Dual Element Spirits. If I could name it, it would be Bonding Arts.

[Today 07:02 PM] Kingroy: <.<
[Today 07:02 PM] Crimson Jazz: I know right!?!
[Today 07:02 PM] Kingroy: >.>
[Today 07:02 PM] Tengo Cash: Beiber is the man

Screw You ↑ You ↖ You ↗ You ↙ You → You ↓ You ↩ You ↪ You ↬ You ↫ You ↪ You ↩ You ↲ You ↯ You ↱ You ↰ You ↷ You ↳ You ↶ You ↴ You ↵ & You ↺

#38 Axel Ryman

Axel Ryman

Page

• Page
  • 136 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 06:53 PM

Does anyone have any other suggestions on what would help make the Spirits better? :>

Make a puppy one.

I would like to see buffs even though Valor said no to them. Maybe something like a minor dual-buff to a Spirits top 2 stats. 1st one gets a 3 point buff, 2nd gets a 2 point buff.

Nah that won't work :( I AM HORRIBLE IDEA PUPPY

Edit: To be specific, I mean Self-Buffs, not Target Buffs.

Edited by Axel Ryman, 29 September 2011 - 06:58 PM.

#39 Xanius

Xanius

The Omega

• Emperor
  • 3,525 posts
  • Awakening

User's Awards

Posted 29 September 2011 - 06:57 PM

I'm not too certain what I want to say on the whole Spirit+Player Buff just yet, nor the Debuffs for the Magick spirits and such but I will bring this comment/thought/idea that was brought to me.

A sort of Spirit 'Shop'.

The shop would be a place where you can get things for your spirit like the Magick Burst. The shop would be where ever you get your spirits. Like with Sabor or Zag. I figure in chapter 4 we'll have a pretty cool place again and such.

But anyway, the idea would be as such, there'd be things you can 'buy' for your spirit. Not with Gil but with components. Be it the Element Shards or some other new component. But you'd exchange them in for spells. Lets say you're Fire. There would be a list of Fire Spells and Techs to get your spirit. You can trade in these items for a Burn Spell or a Tech that buffs Def and Res by 5 and costs 1 ADR or something. And lets say your Earth, there would be spells and techs for Earth that would be the same as the Water and Thunder ones. The buff spells could be gotten here too. Just need to give a fair amount. That way if people want it they can get them, if they dont want them, they don't need to have it. That way spirits can still get nice tech upgrades and magick upgrades but have things that can be bought as well for them. =X

Omega_Xanius.png

17ddgi.png

#40 Secret Igshar

Secret Igshar

Pwner of Noobs

• Monarch
  • 3,796 posts
  • your worst nightmare

User's Awards

Posted 29 September 2011 - 07:00 PM

One set of spells would boost the stat that's considered the weakness of the partner while taking away from the player's stat that is the exact opposite of this. I.E. a spell for Neteru would boost his defense while draining the player's strength. I find this to be used in situations where the enemy has changed up it's stats because of a spell and is now able to easily take out your spirit or able to not take much or any damage from it.

I like this idea but in reverse. Maybe have a spell where Solomon would sacrifice his :STR: to boost his partner's :INT: for a while or one where Indra sacrifices some :DEX: to bolster the ally's :EVA: and stuff like this.

The other spell would be an attacking or an over time damage dealing spell. The affected stat here would be mana. The attack would do major damage but it would drain a lot of the player and partner's mana. I.E. Tybalt would have a spell, let's call it Surge Winds, that deals 20 Damage, but has a drawback of shaving off 10 MP from the partner and 5 MP from the player. Of course my numbers are probably not the best, but I didn't do that much thinking on it :I. As you can already tell this spell would be for attacking an enemy.

This would be impossible, unfortunately. I cannot make a spell drain MP from both player and spirit simultaneously.

Make a puppy one.

I would like to see buffs even though Valor said no to them. Maybe something like a minor dual-buff to a Spirits top 2 stats. 1st one gets a 3 point buff, 2nd gets a 2 point buff.

Nah that won't work :( I AM HORRIBLE IDEA PET

Yes you are. But I am still leaning toward the idea of buffs for Solomon/Indra/Pezro/Atlas.

Another idea would be for those four to maybe pick up MP Gift (in a different name) where it costs them X MP and they heal X MP to their master. So say Solomon uses MP Gift, he'd spend 20 MP to heal back 20 MP of his master's missing stores. This way he's helping out the Mage who's trying to keep him alive. It would also REALLY REALLY aid the strategy where you allow your physical Spirit to run double turns over you, since then you'd be able to focus your own turns on healing and attacking while Solomon would keep your MP somewhat decent with MP Gift.

(I think Erden and Hale function best sitting and taking one turn a round, anyway, so them not getting it would be fine; but I think it might be neat to just have that be a blanket addition to the physical spirits while the DoT spell becomes a blanket addition to the Mage spirits)

AT THE IDEA OF THE SPIRIT SHOP:

It might be a good idea, but as of current I have no way of giving Spells or Techs to a Spirit as opposed to the Player. When a spell/tech is given, it is by default given to the Player always. I MIGHT (MIIIIGHT) be able to set it up where I could give out Spells/Techs to Spirits specifically, but I might not be able to manage it. If I can, I like the idea, because it could be set up in such a way where you'd pay X components to UNLOCK a spell/tech, which you could then teach to any Spirit you pick up. It would fall apart a bit when you, as a Fire/Earth player, go to teach a Fire spell to Faz. It's kind of weird, but at the same time kind of neat, since it personalizes the Spirits even more, which is a plus in my book.

It's something I'll look into. I wouldn't get my hopes up, though, because I don't expect it to be a successful venture.

Edited by Rumbleroar, 29 September 2011 - 07:04 PM.

a5g7ld.gif