#41 Xanius

Xanius

The Omega

• Emperor
  • 3,525 posts
  • Awakening

User's Awards

Posted 29 September 2011 - 07:22 PM

For the shop, what if it wasn't based on Elements? Like, Magick Burst isn't an elemental spell. The spells we could get from the shop could be just like it no? Aether Shock is Burn/Freeze/Erode but a general version of it. The spirits could get that. Tech could be called Aether Slam or something. Just a general version that all spirits can learn. It'd limit the work needed I'd think. And couldn't you make it to where there's an NPC where we get the spirits, after you have a certain amount of components you're taken to a new area with the spell/tech there? And you just buy it for 0 gil? I know you'd need a new ID for each spell/tech but if theres only 4 things you'd give out it's only 4 rooms. Spirits would learn their unique spells and techs when they get upgraded then Learn others by gaining Aether and powering themselves up if they wanted to.

I know that way isn't as cool as spells or techs that are element based but it'd cut down or triggers, conditions, and sprite work for sure. =X

I don't mind the idea of a MP Gift spell too much really. But it'd somewhat like that to be a spell available to all in a way. I'd like it if Neteru would give me 20 of his MP while I'm running Str and need a quick MP heal really.

Omega_Xanius.png

17ddgi.png

#42 Valor

Valor

Valorous

• Monarch
  • 3,874 posts
  • This is My Design

User's Awards

Posted 29 September 2011 - 07:35 PM

I don't like the idea of a shop specifically for spirits where you trade nets to learn stuff. The entire idea of this system is that it's set up for easy switching. Now you're making an investment into a spirit and are less likely to swap around once you wasted components teaching it a skill. If a spirit should have a skill I think it should come with it out of the box.

That's my personal thoughts.

147.png

#43 Xanius

Xanius

The Omega

• Emperor
  • 3,525 posts
  • Awakening

User's Awards

Posted 29 September 2011 - 07:38 PM

Eh, my thing with it was that you'd be able to always go back to the shop and relearn the Tech/Spell. Just like you can relearn Magick Burst over and over. You'd pay the 10/20/30/etc amount and have access forever. Could get the spell on Solomon, break the bond with him, then go get Indra and learn it on him just by going back and not paying anything again. Having to constantly pay each time would be pretty crappy and I haven't even thought of it working like that. >__>;;

Omega_Xanius.png

17ddgi.png

#44 Kingroy

Kingroy

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 09:57 PM

>.> Okay so I got another idea.

D: If you don't like healing spells for spirits, this is a warning.

Anyways. How about a spell that restores the health while leaving the spirit open for attack? The spell wouldn't need high magical power(MAG or whatever) because it will behave like a spell for warriors, i.e. Chakra. Though it will restore the partner's health by a certain amount it will also weaken your eva, defense, speed, or resistance. I don't know which one, if you guys aren't considering weakening all of the said stats, should be used but it should be a certain amount of debuffing that goes to that stat.

Another example would be a spell that gives 30 +HP with a -10 debuff in defense.

[Today 07:02 PM] Kingroy: <.<
[Today 07:02 PM] Crimson Jazz: I know right!?!
[Today 07:02 PM] Kingroy: >.>
[Today 07:02 PM] Tengo Cash: Beiber is the man

Screw You ↑ You ↖ You ↗ You ↙ You → You ↓ You ↩ You ↪ You ↬ You ↫ You ↪ You ↩ You ↲ You ↯ You ↱ You ↰ You ↷ You ↳ You ↶ You ↴ You ↵ & You ↺

#45 Xanius

Xanius

The Omega

• Emperor
  • 3,525 posts
  • Awakening

User's Awards

Posted 30 September 2011 - 04:29 PM

I just want to get my facts straight on this.

All spirits will be getting upgrades to their techs right? Their base ones. The 0 ADR ones. Solomon will get Fira Slash, Boltra Charge for Indra and so on? Solomon would get a 2 Str, 3 Dex tech. Which Indra would get... a 5 Str Tech? Or a 4 Str 1 Dex tech? Not sure what you are to do with secondary element techs. My other thing is I know you were wanting to have spirits have special 0 ADR techs that go with them right? Pezro with something like Mercurial Thrust over Blizzara Strike right? I wouldn't be against them learning a unique tech for the 0 ADR tech honestly. Gives something different for spirits to have. Plus it'd give spirits their own identity so to speak.

What about Magicks though? Like lets say for Marjan and Karka. They currently have Fire and Aqua. Aqua is clearly better really since it has a base of 13 over 10. Sure it has a miss chance but you'll rarely hit it. Will Marjan learn Fira and Karka learn Aquara? Or will Magick Burst just be a default spell given to them to deal damage while they have their elemental spell be a unique one. Like the DoT spell or so. Just wondering a bit on things. =X I know there was a lot of things talked about in the past but I don't really know where things would be right now. Don't want to suggest certain things if they have already been argued for or against.

Omega_Xanius.png

17ddgi.png

#46 Valor

Valor

Valorous

• Monarch
  • 3,874 posts
  • This is My Design

User's Awards

Posted 30 September 2011 - 04:48 PM

Actually, about that. We decided a while ago that ra magic for spirits will stay Magick Burst. Secondary elemental spirits were better but worse and the comparison was rather tame. Iggy told me that their "unique" spells will become their "elemental" ones.

Therefore, all physical spirits are likely to get the same 0 ADR tech next chapter instead of one gets Fira Slash, one gets Boltra Charge. Helps keep things balanced, or so we feel.

147.png

#47 Secret Igshar

Secret Igshar

Pwner of Noobs

• Monarch
  • 3,796 posts
  • your worst nightmare

User's Awards

Posted 30 September 2011 - 09:39 PM

Actually, about that. We decided a while ago that ra magic for spirits will stay Magick Burst. Secondary elemental spirits were better but worse and the comparison was rather tame. Iggy told me that their "unique" spells will become their "elemental" ones.

Therefore, all physical spirits are likely to get the same 0 ADR tech next chapter instead of one gets Fira Slash, one gets Boltra Charge. Helps keep things balanced, or so we feel.

^This also vastly cuts down on the amount of Spells and Techs we need to make. One Tech given to six Spirits instead of six individualized and most assuredly unbalanced Techs given out to each of six Spirits. One way is clearly easier than the other. Another reason Erden and Hale will undoubtedly be getting access to a 2 ADR Tech.

As far as upgrades go... I'm growing wary of what I'll do with Spirit base spell (Magick Burst), since players will be picking up Quakra and such, so Mage Spirits will just become even LESS useful than they were before. :I But if I just give them a Quakra-level spell, then... Bleh. You could go teach them Magick Burst if you want it?

I really don't know. It depends on what happens to Quakra, really, since I am still very VERY unsure Quakra will stay exactly as it is. :I

a5g7ld.gif

Kingroy: ( 4:40 PM - 02/10/14) u can't own black people

Kingroy: ( 4:40 PM - 02/10/14) #ThanksLincoln

#48 Xanius

Xanius

The Omega

• Emperor
  • 3,525 posts
  • Awakening

User's Awards

Posted 10 October 2011 - 07:40 AM

For the Magic spirits, couldn't they all just have an attacking spell that's in-between Primary and Secondary spells? Fire was 10 base and Bolt was 13. Fire is 16 and Boltra is 19. So why not just go with an 18 base spell for Magick spirits? =X That should last them through chapter 5 as well. Then they'll have whatever other spell you want to give them. I wouldn't say just give them Magick Burst since I think the 16 base will be a little low come mid/late chapter 5.

Also, for the tech for all Physical Spirits, I figure it's going to be 'ra' level. So... I was wondering the plans on that. I see it being nice if it's a 3 Str 3 Dex tech. Giving the same in both Str and Dex. Not sure if that would be too low for chapter 5 though. =/ Since it's just the 0 ADR tech I don't think so. They'll have 2 ADR techs to back them up.

I also want to make sure Erden and Hale will be okay as well. If all the other Physical spirits are getting buffs, they'll only be getting a 2 ADR tech. Their Debuff should either take away 7 or last a good few more turns so that they don't get thrown towards the side and never used. Erden is already hurt that no one likes his element...

Omega_Xanius.png

17ddgi.png

#49 Secret Igshar

Secret Igshar

Pwner of Noobs

• Monarch
  • 3,796 posts
  • your worst nightmare

User's Awards

Posted 10 October 2011 - 07:48 AM

The tech will be the same as Fira Slash. No worries, I have a plan for how it'll work out and not be horrid.

Debuffs in general will likely just get a blanket turn increase from the 15 they are now to a 20/25 when Chapter 4 comes closer. With the way the turn orders work, 15 hardly gets you any use out of any debuffs you cast. The Dex debuff will stay as it is, since that one is targeted on enemy turns and you get more than enough utility out of it as it stands. The def/res/eva debuffs, though, will get extensions, since 15 turns does not give you enough time to really take advantage of it. I might extend the offensive buffs, too, but that's pushing it.

a5g7ld.gif

#50 Xanius

Xanius

The Omega

• Emperor
  • 3,525 posts
  • Awakening

User's Awards

Posted 10 October 2011 - 07:52 AM

Offensive buffs really don't need the increase. At least not just yet. 15 turns is still pretty nice for them. Especially if you cast it on someone that is getting multiple turns. Nice to know the others will be getting increased though. That's one thing I didnt like with Erden. I'd cast the debuff but only get two hits in before it went off. I was doing better with just attacking rather then debuffing. =/

Omega_Xanius.png

17ddgi.png

#51 Kingroy

Kingroy

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 15 October 2011 - 02:27 PM

For that shop idea. How about instead of shards or other components you must have a certain amount of Friendship or Taming or whatever it's called to access?

Screw You ↑ You ↖ You ↗ You ↙ You → You ↓ You ↩ You ↪ You ↬ You ↫ You ↪ You ↩ You ↲ You ↯ You ↱ You ↰ You ↷ You ↳ You ↶ You ↴ You ↵ & You ↺

#52 Dion

Dion

Knight

• Knight
  • 2,565 posts

Posted 15 October 2011 - 02:29 PM

For that shop idea. How about instead of shards or other components you must have a certain amount of Friendship or Taming or whatever it's called to access?

No. Just no. You can get 100% Synch in a battle. ._.

...V HAS COME TO...

dQqhfU.gif

ngoahxS.jpg

#53 Kingroy

Kingroy

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 15 October 2011 - 02:35 PM

Not that...I should've been more clear but I was rushing. Kinda still am. Anyways. Whatever that thing is that you build up along with alchemy and herb-making-science and combat. :< Also all the spell would cost 5 or 10 once you gain access.

#54 Secret Igshar

Secret Igshar

Pwner of Noobs

• Monarch
  • 3,796 posts
  • your worst nightmare

User's Awards

Posted 15 October 2011 - 02:47 PM

No. Just no. You can get 100% Synch in a battle. ._.

ur dum lrn 2 reed

Not that...I should've been more clear but I was rushing. Kinda still am. Anyways. Whatever that thing is that you build up along with alchemy and herb-making-science and combat. :< Also all the spell would cost 5 or 10 once you gain access.

Pretty sure we won't be doing the shop idea any time in the near future. And, though I do like the idea of requiring a certain amount of Bonding in order to access the area, Bonding is a very fluffy stat. Everyone will quite consistently have the same-ish amount of it according to the amount of battles they have won, since you get Spirits REALLY early on. Every battle gets a whole bunch of it, and it builds faster than either Magick or Combat, so it's really not a stat I can realistically require for certain things. :I I was considering forcing a certain amount of it in order to upgrade your Spirit, but I came to the conclusion that it would be a waste of time, since I'd want to make it an amount that most people would have naturally by progressing through the game up to that point, only punishing people who... Who... Well... I don't know, don't use a Spirit? Then I realized that the game is nearly impossible without a Spirit, so I figured there'd be no reason to force a certain amount of Bonding.

a5g7ld.gif

#55 Xanius

Xanius

The Omega

• Emperor
  • 3,525 posts
  • Awakening

User's Awards

Posted 16 October 2011 - 07:09 PM

The idea of a Spirit shop is a nice and pretty cool idea. But with the spirits we have, I don't think it'd work out too nicely. It'd be pretty hard to do and isn't really needed with how spirits are setup. If we had it like other infernos were you just go and buy a pet, then a shop would be really neat to give them a ton of things that could be used.

If anything, I'd like to see a few things like how we could be Recharge and Magick Burst. Just have those around and what not. Not sure what all you'd be able to manage/scrap up to put in a place like that but I figure there'd be something you'd think of in chapter 5 that would be neat for spirits to have. =X

Omega_Xanius.png

17ddgi.png

#56 Secret Igshar

Secret Igshar

Pwner of Noobs

• Monarch
  • 3,796 posts
  • your worst nightmare

User's Awards

Posted 07 August 2012 - 11:15 AM

Hey, so I've noticed that everyone seems to be gravitating toward two (mostly just the one) Spirits in Erden and Karka, with the only people who DON'T use one or the other being those people who are wind mages. (even they sometimes use Karka because reasons)

So, I'm STRONGLY considering (to the point that I probably WILL do this) swapping Karka's :MP: and :INT: stats, giving it 80 :MP: and 13 :INT: at base, and swapping Erden's :DEX: and :STR: stats, giving it 16 :DEX: and 13 :STR: at base. It might actually make Erden better, since hitting more easier is nice, especially since Erden is the ONLY physical spirit with under 16 :DEX: (and Karka is the only mage with under 80 :MP:) so I feel this is only fair.

It will cut down their power (which to me is a very good thing) and make them much less OP without me needing to muck with their spells and whatever to make them less so. I'm hesitant on changing their defensive stats, because that's what they're supposed to do. Wall damage. Cutting 3 from their offenses will just make them deal LESS damage, which would make them considerably "worse" offensively than ANY of their counterparts, who bottom out at 18 in their offensive stats. 18 to 16 is not noticeable. 18 to 13 is.

Voice opinions, please, or this will be done without anyone having any say in the matter, because I can see no reason NOT to do this.

And yes, this change would affect old Erden+Karka, as well, setting them both to 10 in their offense stats.

a5g7ld.gif

#57 Guest_Griever_*

Guest_Griever_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 August 2012 - 01:53 PM

Pfffft hale all the way idec