66 replies to this topic

#21 Lexaeus

Lexaeus

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,713 posts
  • Naturally Hated by All

Posted 13 August 2011 - 10:06 PM

Biggs pedaled as quickly as his legs would let him, being that he was on a bicycle exclusive road it was a much faster and quicker ride to the Oasis Rosarum. He climbed the sloped road corresponding to his exit and was within eyesight of the oasis. He continued his speed by the sidewalk as the current road was only approved for much faster travel. Looking at the time 11:59 on his clock he bolted right through the gate of the Oasis Rosarum making sure to turn 90 degrees and to come to a complete stop in front of a patch of flowers near a fountain and some benches. He quickly dismantled his bike and set up the kickstand, making sure to lock it before wiping his brow with a towel which he placed back on the bicycle.

He observed his environment more in depth. Only more questions came to his head. He decided he would get some food and drink to refresh himself of his journey. He quickly brewed some Earl Gray tea and prepare some jelly toast. He made sure to carry himself, his plate, and his cup with a bit of grace as he parted to where the three people were conversing. He sat down and simply listened not really wanting to talk to his parent's acquaintances but nevertheless willing to introduce himself when the situation called for it.

Edited by Lexaeus, 13 August 2011 - 11:52 PM.

Zanca327.png

“Sorrow can be alleviated by good sleep, a bath and a glass of wine.” - Saint Thomas Aquinas

#22 Secret Igshar

Secret Igshar

Pwner of Noobs

• Monarch
  • 3,796 posts
  • your worst nightmare

User's Awards

Posted 13 August 2011 - 11:53 PM

Alexandria's concentration was broken by another person wheeling in on a bike. She silently scooped ice cream into her mouth while her eyes followed the fellow as he dismounted his bike before doing a quite peculiar thing.

He simply took the bike apart. She blinked and cocked an eyebrow, nudging Griffin with her elbow and trying to get him to look as well. The man wiped his brow, as though dismantling the bike put a great strain on him. When he tossed the towel onto the pieces of his once whole bicycle, she could no longer keep her mouth shut. She swallowed the mouthful of food and piped up, "Um, why did you take your bike apart? I... do... do you always do that?" Forgetting herself, she quickly righted her comment by adding, "I'm Alexandria, by the way. Are you here because of the strange letter, too?"

a5g7ld.gif

Kingroy: ( 4:40 PM - 02/10/14) u can't own black people

Kingroy: ( 4:40 PM - 02/10/14) #ThanksLincoln

#23 Lexaeus

Lexaeus

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,713 posts
  • Naturally Hated by All

Posted 14 August 2011 - 12:12 AM

"Hello Alexandria, I'm Biggs Taft, but you can call me Biggs or Wedge, Wedge being my friendly name, whichever you prefer. I just took off the wheels and folded the frame, discourages thieves when there are no bike racks. Strange letter, you say? The inquiry puzzles me, I did come here because it, I thought it was from my parents, but you must know little of this event as well..."

He took a bite of Jelly Toast and a sip of tea and continued his thought.

"I guess we'll find out what is going on together."

Biggs looked at the rest of the characters who had decided to show up and wondered who they all were provided this wasn't something set up by his parents.

Zanca327.png

“Sorrow can be alleviated by good sleep, a bath and a glass of wine.” - Saint Thomas Aquinas

#24 Wynn

Wynn

Squire

• Squire
  • 695 posts

User's Awards

Posted 14 August 2011 - 12:48 AM

Almost immediately dismissing Griffin's remarks, Bismarck met Alexandria's enthusiasm with much surprise and cheer.

"Well... I guess you could say they're secret agents but I'm not one of them. I will say though, they are quite amazing people. They recruited me to do Eastern's Art of Flight and, y'know, not to blow my own horn but I'm pretty sure we have a lot of regulars who follow it and even participate in my advertised events. I'm sure that if they're considering you and Grumpy Griffin over there, then both of you must also have good talents."

Man. Marty and the rest of the talent agents are quite highly thought of in the other radio stations.
Bismarck thought as he continued eating the rather dry cake. Almost immediately after that, a man came in on a bicycle and started dismantling it. He then introduced himself as Biggs, though he also mentioned his nickname was Wedge.

"So, Biggs-Wedge, do you talk about bicycles on your broadcast? Southern, maybe Central? I think my apartment gets coverage from all the major radio stations except Mid-West station. Then again, I heard they're sponsored by the company who makes the rather repulsive Chilli Cheese Chely-Toes Chips. I mean, who makes chips in the shape of toes?!" asked Bismarck with a mad look on his face.

DHHIpKN.png

#25 Secret Igshar

Secret Igshar

Pwner of Noobs

• Monarch
  • 3,796 posts
  • your worst nightmare

User's Awards

Posted 14 August 2011 - 01:16 AM

Alexandria hadn't heard much of Bismarck's response outside of saying that they are, in fact, secret agents. Her eyes widened and sparkled as Biggs regaled her with other comments which held far less import. Bismarck then mentioned... radio broadcasts and began blathering about myriad other unimportant and otherwise mundane nonsense.

She stabbed her spoon into the distinctly smaller mound of ice cream as she asked him sincerely, "I'm sorry to be rude, but what are you going on about, sir? What's a radio? Where are the secret agents? If you aren't a secret agent, why are you wearing that towel and those tight pants?" She narrowed her eyes, placed the bowl beside her, and strode up to him, driving a forefinger into the man's chest with enough force to likely send him stumbling back a step as she said, "Well, guess what, mister! I'm on to you, now! I know what you are! Don't think you can hide it from me, oh no no no!" She waggled her finger in front of his face and puffed out her cheeks. "Just you wait! When I'm a secret agent, I'll use my lipstick laser and sear your eyebrows right off of your face! And that's a promise!" She shouted the last sentence, throwing her hand into the sky, finger pointed upward.

#26 Sodomize-it Soro

Sodomize-it Soro

Squire

• Squire
  • 714 posts
  • Keeper of Butts

User's Awards

Posted 14 August 2011 - 02:49 AM

The Oasis Rosarum finally came into Elizabeth's sight, and she was glad that her journey was over. She had underestimated just how long a walk it was from her flat, and now her feet were killing her.

Making her way through the Rosarum, Elizabeth eventually came upon a very welcome sight: Before her was a large fountain with a table of food in front of it. She glanced around and saw a small group of people conversing.

Elizabeth approached the table, and was disappointed by what she found there. All there was was an array of sweets, for which Elizabeth did not especially have a liking. However, at that moment her stomach emitted a low rumble, so she sliced a chunk off the cake and took it in her hand, ignoring the plates on the edge of the table. Elizabeth took a small bite of the cake, and fortunately found it to be not quite so horrible as she'd imagined.

Still eating the piece of cake in her fist, Elizabeth meandered over to the stone benches in the opposite direction of the group of people, and sat down, relieved to finally be off her feet.

Edited by Sodomize-it Soro, 14 August 2011 - 07:52 AM.

#27 Valor

Valor

Valorous

• Monarch
  • 3,874 posts
  • This is My Design

User's Awards

Posted 14 August 2011 - 07:40 AM

Griffin's eyes glazed over in annoyance as the events unfolded before him. He was trapped in a mad house. Suddenly, free food was not worth this level of irritation.

After the newcomer Biggs Wedge showed up and tore apart his bicycle before locking it up - an action that still made Griffin's mind ache with confusion - the annoying guy continued to prattle on about all different sorts of absolutely nothing but insanity. To top it off, he ignored all of his questions from earlier. THEN another weird girl showed up and was stuffing cake into her mouth across the way using nothing but her hands.

After Alexandria's tirade against the creepy guy, Griffin simply stood up.

"Ya know, I can't tell which of you is crazier." He started, rubbing his forehead roughly with both of his palms.

He looked over to the creepy towel guy getting chastised by Alex and shook his head, "You're still absolutely insane. I don't work in radio you nitwit. Also, one more thing that still is bothering me: WHAT THE HELL IS YOUR NAME!? You just show up, spew your insanity, and just don't even give me a name to put with your face for when I write my book of people to avoid at all costs!"

He turned to the new guy who showed up, "I don't even know what to say to you, Bigwedge. You're pretty close to that fucker," Griffin said, throwing a thumb over his shoulder towards Bismarck, "in the running for 'weirdest person I've ever had the misfortune of knowing.'"

He scratched his head vigorously, trying to erase the stupid from it, but being unable to. He stood up straight, gave a quick nod, and said, "This food isn't worth the aggravation."

With that, he simply turned and began to walk out of the Rosarum.

Edited by Valor, 14 August 2011 - 10:13 PM.

#28 Secret Felix

Secret Felix

Knight

• Knight
  • 823 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 04:17 AM

Three stories up and half a furlong away from the obsidian fountain, a small trellis covered balcony hung; delicately attached to the building beside it. Sheltered beneath the flourishing, pungent jasmine, a few small tables and chairs were scattered about. Although this secluded café had no formal name, those whom frequented it referred to it simply as "Mad." A small group of three people sat with their chairs facing the Oasis as they watched the scene unfold before them.

"These people are batshit crazy," blurted out the man with tawny blond hair as he watched a ruffian head towards the gate.

"Ars. Language." A smaller, onyx haired man quipped as a small frown crept across his face.

"If you could just hear them, Felix..." the aforementioned blond whined.

"Sorry to inform you, Arty, but not everyone bothers with lame ice tourà like you," countered a third man in a tone of mild annoyance. His light brown hair bounced a little as he spoke.

"Even if you can't hear them, you can see them. Right? Did you see that little asshat shovel his food into the fountain? If not, you had to have seen that ogre pull apart his bicycle, and to be honest I don't even know how it supported his weight in the first place..." the blond trailed off once more, as he seemingly tried to decide if it was mathematically possible.

"Who wants to bet that she makes her appearance before that one makes it out of the gate?" Felix suddenly interjected, as he tried to forcibly change the flow of the conversation.

A loud poof and puff of smoke quickly followed this wager, as a woman suddenly popped out of a large cake that may or may not have been sitting on the table previously. The astute among the group might notice that while the cake was wide enough to encompass her slim frame, it was certainly not tall enough to house her entire body. Although only her torso was visible, she was quite a sight to behold.

Her long, platinum blonde hair flowed in rivulets over her shoulders and onto her shiny, black singlet, while a pair of white, risible rabbit ears gingerly held back her hair. Those who looked closely would notice that on her left earlobe hung a tiny, golden watch. With deft dexterity she twirled a small pink sphere between her fingers. Seemingly paying attention to no one else, she pouted and posed a simple question to the seemingly vexed man in a voice that sounded quite familiar. "Why would you want to leave before all the fun starts?"

Posted Image

#29 Secret Igshar

Secret Igshar

Pwner of Noobs

• Monarch
  • 3,796 posts
  • your worst nightmare

User's Awards

Posted 15 August 2011 - 10:50 AM

Alexandria narrowed her eyes at the secret agent who claimed to be something he was not as Griffin berated everyone. She flicked two fingers to point to her eyes and then pointed to Bismarck. She whispered, "I'm watching you."

She proceeded to slowly back away, not letting the broad man out of her sights, since she was wary of what the agent might do to her if she turned her back on him. Before she made it back to her ice cream, however, a woman popped out of a cake. Alexandria stumbled backward, startled, and accidentally knocked the remainder of her ice cream off the fountain's ledge. Her eyes widened when she looked upon the girl.

She may have been trying to pretend to be a rabbit, but Alexandria saw right through the disguise. She was definitely a human. Alex hopped to her feet and asked the woman, "Hey, are you here to take this guy into custody? I think he's plotting something sinister!" She shook her fist at the large man, glowering at him. She hardly noticed the familiarity of the woman's voice, caught up as she was in the situation involving the secret agent.

#30 Valor

Valor

Valorous

• Monarch
  • 3,874 posts
  • This is My Design

User's Awards

Posted 15 August 2011 - 12:48 PM

Griffin paused as the familiar voice rang out behind him. He turned to see some sort of stripper rabbit popped out of a cake. He didn't really remember that cake being there, and was suddenly glad that if it was, that he hadn't taken any of it.

"Well, when you're surrounded by company like this," Griffin said, gesturing to those present, "there isn't really a lot to persuade you to stick around."

"So if this is your definition of fun, chick, then I don't think I want any part of it." Griffin grumbled again, folding his arms across his chest in a huff.

He wandered back towards the fountain, deciding that he might put up with these people for a bit longer. The rabbit cake lady was alluring enough to convince him to at the very least hear her out.

147.png

#31 Lexaeus

Lexaeus

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,713 posts
  • Naturally Hated by All

Posted 16 August 2011 - 01:58 AM

Biggs took almost no mind to the bizarre quality of the next couple of events.

"OK, that's it. I OFFICIALLY HAVE NO IDEA WHATS GOING ON!", Biggs shouted at the Rabbit eared girl.

He pulled something out of his inner-shirt pocket. He walked a bit closer to the woman and with accuracy flicked the letter to her, if she didn't catch it would hit her on the chin. He crossed his arms across his chest.

Biggs demanded, "I dismantled my bike for a reason. Explain what's going on or I'm off, if this whole thing isn't a bad joke from my parents I feel I have little reason to be here unless you prove otherwise."

Edited by Lexaeus, 16 August 2011 - 02:00 AM.

Zanca327.png

#32 Secret Felix

Secret Felix

Knight

• Knight
  • 823 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 04:21 AM

The flimsy letter which Biggs threw never reached the woman's chin. Instead, it had scarcely left his fingers before it spontaneously combusted into a scarlet flame. The bright flame was overshadowed; however, by the burning rage that engulfed the woman's once playful face.

" You could have had power! Knowledge! Life eternal! Yet, you little twerps have the audacity to treat me in such a manner!?" the woman shrieked wildly. She then snapped her head towards Griffin and screamed " You think these people are crazy, peach fuzz!? I'll introduce you to some people that are truly insane!!!"

The chain of events that suddenly followed this berserk outburst happened much too quickly for any of the group to prevent. With a single, nimble movement, she ejected herself from the cake and flew high into the air; only to land on the opposite side of the fountain. With her back to the group, she smashed her left hand into the silver bell perched atop the fountain. The mighty sound that rang forth from the tiny bell was nearly unbelievable. It reverberated throughout the Oasis and down to the very bones of the group that stood before the fountain. As the intensity and pitch of the ringing increased, the world around the group lost all saturation. As the world around the quintet faded into a homologous monotone, the bunny girl spoke a few closing words before vanishing from sight. "I guess I was wrong about all of you," was all that could be heard before the world around them washed away.

Ø

Back up at the café, the three young fellows watched the events transpire before them with their mouths slightly agape. For quite some time after the woman had vanished, they simply sat in bewilderment. Artemis was the first who regained his composure. "I told you they were batshit crazy," was all he managed to mumble. His companions tepidly nodded their heads in silence, as they tried to process what had just occurred.

Ø

The amount of time the group spent between the planes is unknown, yet once their vision returned, they would find themselves placed in a moderately sized clearing in a dark forest. Six semi-worn paths snaked out past the edges of this clearing, while a small stump sat in the center of it all. The impenetrable canopy of tree branches above their head blocked out every inch of the sky, destroying any hope of ascertaining the time of day. Those who attempt to check their timepieces will be bemused to find that they are permanently affixed to six o'clock in the evening.

Posted Image

#33 Sodomize-it Soro

Sodomize-it Soro

Squire

• Squire
  • 714 posts
  • Keeper of Butts

User's Awards

Posted 16 August 2011 - 05:23 AM

Elizabeth sat on her bench, studying the group of people across from her. She couldn't quite gather what they were talking about, but it was still moderately entertaining watching them bicker with each other.

One of the men had apparently had enough, and was making his way through the courtyard back to the entrance. However, at that moment, a strange woman dressed as a rabbit erupted from a cake. Elizabeth felt instantly annoyed by this woman. Who would ever dress like that? And such a cliché appearance. Elizabeth stood up, thinking that she might want to talk to the rabbit woman anyway, motivated by her desire to get the power she had been promised; this might be the person she needed to talk to in order to gain these powers, and she didn't want to miss out just because this woman was a freak.

But then the other people in the group came over, and Elizabeth paused. The rabbit woman lost it when one of the men, in apparent anger and confusion, tossed a letter, which burst into flame before it could reach its target.

Although she hated to admit it, Elizabeth thought to herself that maybe she had misjudged the rabbit woman. She clearly was the type to not take shit from anyone. Elizabeth could respect that. A slight smirk came across Elizabeth's face as the rabbit woman berated the group of people standing before her.

And then, before Elizabeth had time to comprehend her movement, the rabbit woman was on top of the fountain. She hit the bell, and the loud ringing that emitted from it was enough to cause Elizabeth to lose her balance and fall to the floor. Slowly, the world around Elizabeth began to dissolve, until it was gone completely.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When Elizabeth could see again, she found herself in a forest clearing with the four other people. Slightly disoriented at first, she slowly began to take in more details as her head cleared. There were six paths leading in different directions, and a stump in front of her. The forest was thick, so she could at least be glad that there was no sun beating down on her through the trees.

Then she remembered the events that had led up to this, and with the memories of how she had ended up here came annoyance, mostly towards the people who stood with her for causing the rabbit woman to send them here. But there was also, to a lesser extent, annoyance with the rabbit woman, who had sent her here for seemingly no reason.

"Tch," was the only sound Elizabeth made before taking a seat on the stump, trying to decide which path she might want to take, and waiting to see what the others would do before making her final decision.

#34 Valor

Valor

Valorous

• Monarch
  • 3,874 posts
  • This is My Design

User's Awards

Posted 16 August 2011 - 04:46 PM

Griffin watched with a bit of confusion as the rabbit lady snapped at Bigwedge. Griffin wasn't surprised by that, really. She called him peachfuzz though, which made him touch his fingertips to his thin beard in a quick bout of self consciousness.

He was brought back to some semblance of reality by the ringing of the silver bell. What started as a normal pitch soon grew to a brain-liquefyingly annoying one, causing Griffin to slump the ground and cover his ears.

"Psycho rabbit!" he cursed under his breath.

His vision blurred and his mind throbbed painfully, all color fading from his sight. His eyes rolled back in his head as he struggled to maintain consciousness.

He blinked a few times. The pain in his mind eased slowly. His vision refocused. He was staring at the gathered treetops in some sort of forested area. He sat up slowly, rubbing his forehead.

"That was... fucked up." He said with a shaky voice.

As he looked around, he realized that the people from the fountain were all there aside from that bunny bitch. He was glad about that. He looked around to the others gathered, figuring none of them had any clue what was going on. He looked to the six paths and slowly counted everyone who was present.

He wandered over near the girl who had stuffed cake into her mouth before insanity struck and took a look around in all directions. All of the paths appeared to be nearly identical. He waited for a moment to see if anyone would choose which path they would take so that he could be sure to take a different one.

#35 Secret Igshar

Secret Igshar

Pwner of Noobs

• Monarch
  • 3,796 posts
  • your worst nightmare

User's Awards

Posted 16 August 2011 - 09:10 PM

The bike-disassembling maniac snapped at the friendly fake bunny, causing said bunny to erupt with anger. She leaped from the cake and Alexandria immediately shouted, "What kind of bunny wears fishnet stockings!? Your disguise couldn't even fool that secret agent over there!" She motioned to Bismarck.

The bell sounded, and Alexandria's brain went numb. She cupped her hands over her ears and groaned in discomfort as she fell to her knees. The world spun and vanished before her as she shut her eyes. She opened them once she felt her stomach settle back down, mostly.

She fell forward onto hands and knees and suddenly vomited up a multi-colored stream of bile mixed with ice cream. So much for that treat. She groaned and pushed herself to her feet, wobbling slightly before she managed to regain her sense of balance. Six paths stretched off from the clearing. Wait.

She looked around and wondered aloud, "What? How did we get into this forest? Where are we?" She looked to the others and asked, "Do any of you even know of a forest this deep anywhere in Chelytos?" She wheeled about to face the secret agent and shouted, "This must be your doing! Some sort of hallucination caused by one of your secret agent gadgets!" She rushed up to him and would reach to grab him by the towel, pulling him down level to her face as she demanded through gritted teeth, "Turn it off." This secret agent was getting on her nerves. She couldn't wait to get gadgets of her own to use against him.

#36 Lexaeus

Lexaeus

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,713 posts
  • Naturally Hated by All

Posted 16 August 2011 - 10:07 PM

Biggs's face conformed to his shock as the letter burst in flame and the lady's manner grew to savage extremes. She continued to support her unnatural appearance by placing herself next to the bell on the fountain. She smashed the bell and a weird sensation went through Biggs. His ears vibrated and he lost touch with the world around him. Before long all that came to his mind was his determination to keep standing and the words "I guess I was wrong about all of you."

A new sight came before him, a forest void of light. He could barely read his pocket-watch, which claimed six o'clock. He then lost all feeling in his legs and he fell flat on his face. He got back to his senses a couple seconds later and he rose back to his feet. A new game, six paths and a stump to choose from, brought Biggs even more frustration. Not needing to discuss with the others he made an adjustment to his conclusion on what was going on. Not a bad joke, a bad dream. Let's get this over with.

He picked the farthest path from himself and began running at 75% speed of his full sprint towards the path's end.

Zanca327.png

#37 Wynn

Wynn

Squire

• Squire
  • 695 posts

User's Awards

Posted 17 August 2011 - 03:39 PM

As he came to, surges of the silver bell's infernal ringing was still running through Bismarck's mind. "Ugh. I knew catering was bad but... damn. Always knew ladies dressed in bunny suits coming out of cakes were bad news." he muttered before realizing he was no longer in the Rosarum. Before he could even stand though, Alexandria was already screaming right in front of him about random gibberish.

"Umm. Okay." Bismarck said before throwing his lightly scented towel towards Alexandria's face. "When you take that off, everything will be A-okay." said Bismarck in a joking manner. The smile on his face quickly turned to a look of awe and concern. This forest wasn't something he had knowledge about. None near Chelytos even come as close as this one's density and dampness. In fact, Bismarck doesn't even recall a forest this untamed near the metropolis as most of the wildlife preserves he knows have security patrols and sentries littered all over the place.

His trail of thought would then be interrupted by the actions of the same man who interrupted the bunny lady at the Rosarum. "Hey! Where do you think you're going!" shouted Bismarck at the fleeing Biggs-Wedge.

DHHIpKN.png

#38 Lexaeus

Lexaeus

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,713 posts
  • Naturally Hated by All

Posted 18 August 2011 - 12:07 AM

The larger man shouted at Biggs. He simply replied, "Get your own path, you figment of my fancy!" He continued on his hasty jog.

Zanca327.png

#39 Valor

Valor

Valorous

• Monarch
  • 3,874 posts
  • This is My Design

User's Awards

Posted 18 August 2011 - 08:43 AM

Griffin sighed loudly as the kid rushed off down a path.

"Well this has been fun. I'm sure I'll have the misfortune of seeing you lot again. Until then."

He gave a half hearted salute and wandered off to the south-eastern path. Directly opposite BigWedge. On purpose, naturally.

He dug his hands into his pockets and continued walking at a leisurely pace. He craned his neck upwards to watch the leafy canopy and the sun streaking between the branches playfully.

"So boring." He groaned.

#40 Secret Igshar

Secret Igshar

Pwner of Noobs

• Monarch
  • 3,796 posts
  • your worst nightmare

User's Awards

Posted 18 August 2011 - 11:04 AM

Alexandria nearly hurled up the remainder of her stomach contents when the horribly disgusting towel collided with her face. She quickly removed it, thinking it might have been Chloroform or some similar chemical designed to incapacitate her. She couldn't trust this secret agent at all ever. She held it in her outstretched hand and cringed. Disgusting.

She dropped it to the forest floor and only then noticed that two people had left. She figured they must have both left down the paths. She did not trust the paths. This forest was dark, spooky, and, generally, quite silly. Why would there even be a clearing in a forest with six different paths leading off away from it? She figured it couldn't be a natural occurrence. Who had made this place? As she contemplated, she took a seat on the stump, facing away from the other girl resting on it and wondered whether or not she should even go down one of the paths.

She decided she was much better off where she was. She was safer here, where she knew her surroundings than she would be down one of those peculiar paths which could lead her to far more dangerous situations. She sighed and spoke to no one in particular. "I really wish I knew what was at the end of each of these paths. Then I'd know which one, if any, to pick."