• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

#1 Seed

Seed

Page

• Page
  • 23 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 10:24 AM

I started reading this manhwa a few days ago (well all the chapters that were out anyway lol).

summary:
Well basically there is a tower and at the top is what you desire (power, glory, etc), the story begins with the mc (Baam) going after his friend Lahel (she leaves him to pursue her wish), he follow's her into the tower and takes the first test from the guardian (Headon).

Not really good at giving plot summaries but if you want here is the link its worth reading (58 chapters until now).
If you like it post here :)

http://www.thcmpny.c...bym/towerofgod/

#2 darksquallleon

darksquallleon

Page

• Page
  • 29 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 03:36 PM

So you started reading it (yep you are not good at giving plot summaries XD), by the way you can read the new raw on naver at sundays (monday sometimes, depends how late you want to stay up lol, the chapters should be getting bigger since the author decided that).

Edited by darksquallleon, 12 August 2011 - 03:41 PM.

I am the bone of my sword.
Steel is my body, and fire is my blood.
I have created over a thousand blades.
Unaware of loss.
Nor aware of gain.
Withstood pain to create weapons, waiting for one’s arrival.
I have no regrets. This is the only path.
My whole life was “Unlimited Blade Works”.

#3 Guest_Griever_*

Guest_Griever_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 November 2011 - 03:19 PM

Umm so. I just started reading this and I couldn't put it down. I will put a plot summary right now. Sadly this is unfinished and seems that it might become a long series.

There is a Tower that is inhabited by creatures and other "Regulars." Regulars are people who live in the tower. This tower is huge, and the whole concept is the top. At the top you can see the stars and the sky, and outside of the base of the tower is where the story begins. The tower has a door that cannot be opened by regular means and the ones who don't live inside the towers but enter from the caves are called "Irregulars". These individuals, few as there have been, were feared and looked at as monsters. They brought chaos and destruction to the tower and were incredibly powerful. There is something else at the top of the Tower that is rewarded to you when you reach it. The secrets to this tower are dyed in blood, and there are more individuals in the tower, all wanting to reach the top and paint it in more luscious crimson. There is only one problem, only one person can make it and the door has opened to not one, but 2 irregulars. A girl named Lahel wishing to see the sky and the stars, and a boy named Baam who only wishes for her to stay with him. Fate is not too kind as they both get sucked in and separated in the tower. Will the boy find his best friend? And who is this mysterious Headon character and who are these 2 mystery individuals that wish to see the new "Visitor" to the Tower?

Enter the Tower of God.

It's all in color, but to be honest guys This is a great read and it gets really crazy and really amazing I suggest you guys read it to find out the mysteries of the tower.

Edited by Griever, 16 November 2011 - 03:29 PM.

#4 Secret Igshar

Secret Igshar

Pwner of Noobs

• Monarch
  • 3,796 posts
  • your worst nightmare

User's Awards

Posted 17 November 2011 - 09:45 PM

So I started reading this the other day and I must say I am thoroughly enjoying it.

I'm on chapter 52-ish right now, and Rak is (and has been) my favorite character. He is absolutely fantastic. All you turtles better start reading this or I'll use your shells as a dish! >:I

a5g7ld.gif

Kingroy: ( 4:40 PM - 02/10/14) u can't own black people

Kingroy: ( 4:40 PM - 02/10/14) #ThanksLincoln

#5 Valor

Valor

Valorous

• Monarch
  • 3,874 posts
  • This is My Design

User's Awards

Posted 18 November 2011 - 02:34 AM

The drawing is really wonky and off kilter and distracting. It's korean, but it attempts to be a traditional manga style, which is really just off putting to me, since I would want more korean nuances to it.

Only up to chapter 9 but Rak is freaking amazing. And Yuri. I do like me some Yuri. It's interesting so far, but not overwhelmingly amazing just yet. I liked Mewtwo and now he's gone :<

147.png

#6 Guest_Griever_*

Guest_Griever_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 November 2011 - 04:11 AM

Give it time valor :( It's really good.

#7 Valor

Valor

Valorous

• Monarch
  • 3,874 posts
  • This is My Design

User's Awards

Posted 18 November 2011 - 11:22 AM

Posted Image

147.png

#8 Guest_Griever_*

Guest_Griever_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 November 2011 - 11:51 AM

lolololololol I know its just hilarious xD there's only 2 characters in this whole manga I don't like at all. I think Iggy knows which 2 and for what reason. I honestly like every single character other than those 2.

And Yuri.... you just have no idea >____>;;;;; once you get to the Kings seat section you'll start to love that bag and really see things pick up.

It actually picks up at the energy wall...

I personally liked it since chapter 1. Nice and fresh and in your face.

Edited by Griever, 18 November 2011 - 11:56 AM.

#9 Secret Igshar

Secret Igshar

Pwner of Noobs

• Monarch
  • 3,796 posts
  • your worst nightmare

User's Awards

Posted 18 November 2011 - 12:53 PM

Not sure which two you dislike, but Anak annoys me and I'm not a fan of Ren. I think it's mostly since the events those two are tied to bog down the rest of the action whenever it happens. It's quite infuriating.

Aside from those two, I can't think of any I really could say I don't like. <_< MAYBE. MAAAAYBE that Ramakewl guy or w/e his name is. He's kind of annoying, but also kind of interesting.

There needs to be more Quant. He's definitely one of my favorites of the tertiary characters. :X

One thing that's really annoyed me up 'til now is the distinct lack of Yuri action. Her parts are so sparse I almost forget she's even in the story. Then she shows up and I just go yesssss herro dere yuri. Hopefully now she'll be more frequently a part of the action. :<

Also isn't Chapter 9 still part of the first test on Evenkhell's floor? >__________>;;; you haven't even gotten to the best parts yet. Wait until they make teams.

a5g7ld.gif

#10 Guest_Griever_*

Guest_Griever_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 November 2011 - 01:07 PM

I meant those 2 who left Mr. Independent by himself to fight the ranker :( how can you not like Ren! Tho he's about to get ripped apart >____>;;; I just want to know what's inside the fluff xD

even tho at this point I can't help but lol. I am curious about why you don't like greeny. I like the idea of her and ghost eyes being together. I'm just curious as to why. I don't even like her because she's strong. It's mainly her character itself I identify with.

#11 Secret Igshar

Secret Igshar

Pwner of Noobs

• Monarch
  • 3,796 posts
  • your worst nightmare

User's Awards

Posted 18 November 2011 - 01:14 PM

The Anak storyline just bothers me because it seems so far removed from EVERYTHING ELSE that's going on. It slows the pace of the story down considerably when it comes up, since it really doesn't prove very much. I mean I like the backstory they gave her and the character of her, I just don't like how it slows everything down so much.

One of those spear dudes is gone and the other is that Kewl fellow. I like the Kewl guy a little. :<

And fluffyhorns is creeps my shit out and is doing absolutely NOTHING important at all. He's just there, getting in the way, being a dick. It goes back to my reasons for disliking Anak. He's just there to slow down the progression of the actually important plot. You know, Baam climbing the tower. :I Maybe it's just me who's disenchanted with the Anak-Ren sidestory.

a5g7ld.gif

#12 Guest_Griever_*

Guest_Griever_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 November 2011 - 01:33 PM

lol I actually think fluffyhorns is the start of the problems they will start to face. :< He's a plot device for the future. I want the real fluff ball tho ;_; this meany... sok he is the newest member and probably the weakest of them all. But he is serving his purpose. Don't forget how much politics is in this tower. As far as Anak is, I think those 2 might end up trying to take on Zahaard's lackeys or Anak might end up being the plot device FOR that.

More foresight Iggy. but I have to admit. I do love me some Baam and I do understand why you are annoyed with those 2 xD. I would think you'd be annoyed with the instructor in that case too o.O Sh... He's slowing everything down on purpose :< Again tho. It's funny there's just so much going on that literally you can pick which part of the story you like the most.

Princess Zahard drama
Baam climbing the tower
Zahard special forces.
Gator just because he is my hero
Koon
Headon?
Gator's Rival (this guy freaks me out).
Yuri *as much as she's not around.*

Lets not forget the other denizens climbing the tower already...... There is so much going on already. But it's ok if Princess drama and Zahard is something you don't like right now. The fact you like Gator, Yuri and Baam is all thats required. Gator and Yuri are required when you start reading Baam can grow on you or you can just like him immediately.

I am honestly equally curious about what part of the story is my favorite. I really don't know. I love all of it tho.

#13 Secret Igshar

Secret Igshar

Pwner of Noobs

• Monarch
  • 3,796 posts
  • your worst nightmare

User's Awards

Posted 18 November 2011 - 01:38 PM

Oh, don't get me wrong, the Zahard Princess subplot is really interesting to me. There's not much in the story I really dislike. I think I'm just hoping for too much to happen in the way of Baam's climb with all the other characters that when they go off and discuss this freaking rice ball I just get upset. Since he's just so much more boring than all the others. He's been spouting the same shit for the past three chapters now and it's just grating on my nerves. I'm REALLY hoping

Spoiler

a5g7ld.gif

#14 Ralor

Ralor

Knight

• Knight
  • 781 posts
  • A Musical Madman

Posted 19 November 2011 - 04:33 AM

Yeah. So Koon and Laure are my favorites other than Baam.
Baam:"I'm sure you have talent, Ho."
Laure: "Nope."
Baam:"Huh?"
Laure:"Close your eyes and hold out your hand. Imagine that all the power in the world is right above your palm, in your hand."
Baam:"What's that?"
Laure:"Thats what we call talent, kid."

Also, I can't help but imagine Laure's voice as the English VA for Lelouche/Zero in Code Geass and that info dealer from DURARARA!!!

#15 Guest_Griever_*

Guest_Griever_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 November 2011 - 04:50 AM

Oh Ralor you haven't even discovered tag yet. You'll find tag to be your favorite game soon.

Right now you have seen what power is.
You've seen Talent.
You have so much more to experience.
You will see the differences in strength.
The differences in power and what power really is here.

Just get to the game of tag and you won't know what to get. get to the end and your eyes might pop.

Use spoiler tags next time >.>

Edited by Griever, 19 November 2011 - 04:53 AM.

#16 Secret Igshar

Secret Igshar

Pwner of Noobs

• Monarch
  • 3,796 posts
  • your worst nightmare

User's Awards

Posted 21 November 2011 - 12:39 AM

[spoiler=Chapter 72]OH MY GOODNESS I LOVE YURI SO MUCH UNNNFF. She is easily the best character so far.

Also I'm REALLY glad the red-head is still here. I really really love her character design. I was actually upset she didn't pass, so it's really awesome to see her still around.

I'm also really excited to see Baam v Bull. That will be. Fantastic. SO FANTASTIC.

Also I hope I wasn't the only one to laugh my ass off at rice ball getting OHKO'd by the hammer guy. xD He just shows up. Next panel. Oh. Rice boy's dead. Oops. xDDD

Man. I'm so glad I picked this up.[/spoiler]

a5g7ld.gif

#17 Guest_Griever_*

Guest_Griever_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 November 2011 - 05:29 AM

[spoiler=Chapter 72] >___>;; I am almost positive that red had is Evankhell. I think this is all according to her plans why the hell else would someone who didn't pass still be around. OMGOSH SPPPPPPLLAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTT Yuri , why you so awesome? Holy hell. I wonder what those wings mean... I like that other Koon :3 and the guide Evan is easily the most picked on. lol It's so sad how mean she is to him but oi so awesome xD

Did anybody else find it funny that the princess promised a date to Baam if he won ^_- so much for those shoes Ig I told you they were going to change. I also found it Funny how Yuri gave Lizard Lass a more fitting reason to climb the tower :> Why does Yuri fix everything so easily. lol test man/female dude was like. "This is... Scary. I can imagine yuri destroying an entire floor >___>;;;; it's frightening to think how godly she is.

And yes Iggy OOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHH'KKKKKKOOOOOOO SPPPPPLAAAAAAAAAAT hammer guy really made me laugh doing a number on him like that.[/spoiler]

#18 Valor

Valor

Valorous

• Monarch
  • 3,874 posts
  • This is My Design

User's Awards

Posted 21 November 2011 - 10:59 PM

I am caught up in ToG. I demand more Yuri.

[spoiler=Wings]
The wing tree thing is a symbol of Urek Mazino (aka extremely dangerous Irregular who is one of the reasons Irregulars are so feared/loathed). He created the Wing Leaf Organization.[/spoiler]

Edited by Valor, 21 November 2011 - 11:08 PM.

147.png

#19 Guest_Griever_*

Guest_Griever_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 November 2011 - 12:50 AM

I am caught up in ToG. I demand more Yuri.

"Bring me your forehead."

#20 Secret Felix

Secret Felix

Knight

• Knight
  • 823 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 02:48 AM

Is it just me, or does this manhwa move sort of...slowly? In 72 chapters, I assumed they would get a little farther up the tower. I'm going to assume that not ever floor will be this drawn out. I'll agree that it's not a bad read, though. The class system is rather...unique, for lack of a better word. It's seems sort of like they mashed together Team Fortress and .Hack.
Posted Image