Photo

[4/28/12] Inferno Installment Four - What lies beyond the void?

• Please log in to reply
145 replies to this topic

#141 Secret Igshar

Secret Igshar

Pwner of Noobs

• Monarch
  • 3,796 posts
  • your worst nightmare

User's Awards

Posted 23 April 2012 - 01:15 PM

A small update~

I decided to give you guys early access to the Spear and Pole Augments, as well, for use with your Saturnalia Spear and Candy Cane, in case it strikes your fancy to play around with them. The [ Mighty Mage ] Augment MIGHT be changed, as I was a bit tentative about how good/bad it would end up being. It MIGHT be massively OP, but meh. We'll see. Opinions on it (as unbiased as you can) would be very helpful.

a5g7ld.gif

Kingroy: ( 4:40 PM - 02/10/14) u can't own black people

Kingroy: ( 4:40 PM - 02/10/14) #ThanksLincoln

#142 Xanius

Xanius

The Omega

• Emperor
  • 3,525 posts
  • Awakening

User's Awards

Posted 23 April 2012 - 05:38 PM

I dont mind the 50% cost but it is a tad high. I do like the numbers Iggy through out though. The whole 23 for 75, 8 for 25 and 36 for 80. Those don't seem that bad for a buff of +5 in speed. I'd say the spell should last 25 turns at minimum though. Just because we've run into some long fights from enemies doubling or there just being 4-5 enemies in a party.

I have a question though, can you heal based on %? Since if you could. I would love to have a healing spell based on a %. Like think of Full Cure. We cough up 80% of our MP and get all our HP healed back. Sure thats a shit ton for Magick users and wouldn't be that much for Str but you couldn't ever spam it really. Perhaps later on in the game we could get this. Once we've gotten Curaga and such.

Omega_Xanius.png

17ddgi.png

#143 Secret Igshar

Secret Igshar

Pwner of Noobs

• Monarch
  • 3,796 posts
  • your worst nightmare

User's Awards

Posted 23 April 2012 - 05:55 PM

I dont mind the 50% cost but it is a tad high. I do like the numbers Iggy through out though. The whole 23 for 75, 8 for 25 and 36 for 80. Those don't seem that bad for a buff of +5 in speed. I'd say the spell should last 25 turns at minimum though. Just because we've run into some long fights from enemies doubling or there just being 4-5 enemies in a party.

Finalized numbers are gonna be +5 :SPD: for 30 turns, costing 30% of your :MP:. The 36 was for 120 MP, by the way. For 80 it'd be 24.

I have a question though, can you heal based on %? Since if you could. I would love to have a healing spell based on a %. Like think of Full Cure. We cough up 80% of our MP and get all our HP healed back. Sure thats a shit ton for Magick users and wouldn't be that much for Str but you couldn't ever spam it really. Perhaps later on in the game we could get this. Once we've gotten Curaga and such.

I actually have been thinking about a Full Cure-like spell and if I want to actually do something like that. It would take quite a lot of messing around in the code to make it work, so I'm not so sure I'd be able to manage it. IF I could, it would be cool. It's not a priority and likely will not be a priority for quite some time.

Just so you know, the main reason I'd look into this is for the reverse. Gravity-like spells which deal % of your HP, rather than flat numbers. It's an interesting prospect, though it's not one I am really wanting to add in, since spells like that tend to be a bit OP.

a5g7ld.gif

#144 Secret Igshar

Secret Igshar

Pwner of Noobs

• Monarch
  • 3,796 posts
  • your worst nightmare

User's Awards

Posted 28 April 2012 - 03:06 PM

This update should make all of you gasp and suddenly say "Oh my goodness, Athos was actually serious when he made the release date for May 4th!"

Yes. Just so you know, the 11% combined missing from Secrets, Bosses, and Monsters is all the same thing. So. Yeah. I'll likely have it finished by tonight, but might not... depending on how easy/hard it ends up being to make the stats for that superbossman. BUT YEAH.

Chapter 4's storyline has also been 100% fully tested, as well, so there's also that. :> We're now playing the "let's make sure everything works before release" game to hopefully minimize the amount of bugs you encounter while playing. <3

a5g7ld.gif

#145 Axel Ryman

Axel Ryman

Page

• Page
  • 136 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 01:44 AM

I just noticed...IT'S MAY 4TH!!

Dammit you >: I'm going to be a busy pup around now.
Posted Image

#146 Secret Igshar

Secret Igshar

Pwner of Noobs

• Monarch
  • 3,796 posts
  • your worst nightmare

User's Awards

Posted 04 May 2012 - 10:26 AM

So the release is scheduled for approximately 35 minutes from now.

Just so everyone is on the same page:

If you have cleared Chapter 3, you should see a little tornado in the center of your map, which is labeled Aether Flow. That IS the first area of Chapter 4, which was previously dubbed "????" when you initially got there upon beating the boss. At 12:00 noon (my time, 35 minutes from the time of this post) you'll just have to travel there via the map to begin Chapter 4.

Good luck, have fun, and don't expect to be fighting anything for at least a half hour after you've begun! UHUHUHUHU.

a5g7ld.gif