#1 Valor

Valor

Valorous

• Monarch
  • 3,874 posts
  • This is My Design

User's Awards

Posted 11 October 2011 - 03:46 PM

Sup kids. It's nearly that time of year again. Thirty days of writin' and postin' and schemin' about plots and characters and stuff.

So uh... who all is gonna join?

Also we should be writing frendz if you do intend on joining.

Discuss all ideas for novels or even the writing process here so that if we encounter some road blocks we can help each other push through and become winners of NaNoWriMo with something we're proud of.

The Valorous - Link
Igsharopotamus - Link
Ralorsaurus Rex - Link
Kingroy Rogers - Link

Edited by Valor, 31 October 2011 - 06:03 PM.

147.png

#2 Secret Igshar

Secret Igshar

Pwner of Noobs

• Monarch
  • 3,796 posts
  • your worst nightmare

User's Awards

Posted 11 October 2011 - 03:50 PM

This year I have these scattered ideas of angels and demons and stuff that have been flying around my mind for a while, so I think I'm gonna try and gather them up to channel them into my novel. The biggest thing for me is that it MUST BE FANTASY. I can't write fantasy in my Creative Writing class, so I need to get it out somehow. D:

Also I am so excite for this.

a5g7ld.gif

Kingroy: ( 4:40 PM - 02/10/14) u can't own black people

Kingroy: ( 4:40 PM - 02/10/14) #ThanksLincoln

#3 Secret Felix

Secret Felix

Knight

• Knight
  • 823 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 03:50 PM

I kind of want to do this, but it seems like so very many words. How many is it per day?
Posted Image

#4 Secret Igshar

Secret Igshar

Pwner of Noobs

• Monarch
  • 3,796 posts
  • your worst nightmare

User's Awards

Posted 11 October 2011 - 03:52 PM

I think it's something like 1667 words per day? 30 days, 50/30 would be 5/3 which is 1.666666 so yeah, 1667 words per day and you'll get there.

a5g7ld.gif

#5 Waker

Waker

Knight

• Knight
  • 783 posts
  • a boy with lots of lists and books

Posted 11 October 2011 - 03:53 PM

Assuming a book is at least 200,000 words, about 6667 words a day for 30 days consistently.

11vpmw8.jpg

"Censorship is telling a man he can't have a steak just because a baby can't chew it."
— Mark Twain

“I divide my officers into four classes; the clever, the lazy, the industrious, and the stupid. Each officer possesses at least two of these qualities. Those who are clever and industrious are fitted for the highest staff appointments. Use can be made of those who are stupid and lazy. The man who is clever and lazy however is for the very highest command; he has the temperament and nerves to deal with all situations. But whoever is stupid and industrious is a menace and must be removed immediately!”
— General Kurt von Hammerstein-Equord

#6 Valor

Valor

Valorous

• Monarch
  • 3,874 posts
  • This is My Design

User's Awards

Posted 11 October 2011 - 03:53 PM

I believe it's 1600ish per day if you go by a 30 day schedule.

Right now I know my plot is going to center on space in some aspect, drawing heavy inspiration from the 2003 Battlestar Galactica series I'm working my way through. Currently trying to find a good name for an aircraft that isn't a Viper. It rolls off the tongue so well though. Viper pilot. It just sounds right.

Oh well. *keeps looking*

147.png

#7 Secret Igshar

Secret Igshar

Pwner of Noobs

• Monarch
  • 3,796 posts
  • your worst nightmare

User's Awards

Posted 11 October 2011 - 03:54 PM

It's a short novel, Kuya. 50,000 words, not 200,000. Though they encourage you to go above and beyond. Last year I had 50,000 within a week and a half, and then I just kind of stopped since I forced my story to end and it came out like complete crap. This year I won't worry much about the word limit, since 50,000 is really not that much.

a5g7ld.gif

#8 Xanius

Xanius

The Omega

• Emperor
  • 3,525 posts
  • Awakening

User's Awards

Posted 11 October 2011 - 03:56 PM

I really haven't ever joined in on this but I don't have anything else to do while I'm stuck in the hospital and on TPN and crap... so I might give it a shot.

My only problem is I don't know what to really do. =/ Any idea as to what I should make it about? I'm thinking a Fantasy but I'd like to put some kind of realism into it as well. Maybe sort of like an Inception type thing. A real world without magic or things of that but it has a fantasy aspect to it which the plot would revolve around.

Omega_Xanius.png

17ddgi.png

#9 Valor

Valor

Valorous

• Monarch
  • 3,874 posts
  • This is My Design

User's Awards

Posted 11 October 2011 - 03:57 PM

It's a short novel, Kuya. 50,000 words, not 200,000. Though they encourage you to go above and beyond. Last year I had 50,000 within a week and a half, and then I just kind of stopped since I forced my story to end and it came out like complete crap. This year I won't worry much about the word limit, since 50,000 is really not that much.

Says the boy who can't be bothered to write a Space Theater chapter. Float away from me. Float away.

147.png

#10 Waker

Waker

Knight

• Knight
  • 783 posts
  • a boy with lots of lists and books

Posted 11 October 2011 - 03:57 PM

Oh, I thought it had to be a full book/novel. Anyway, I wanted to do this for the past two years but anything I think of turns to a dead end after a few minutes of thinking or end at less than 3 pages o:<

11vpmw8.jpg

"Censorship is telling a man he can't have a steak just because a baby can't chew it."
— Mark Twain

“I divide my officers into four classes; the clever, the lazy, the industrious, and the stupid. Each officer possesses at least two of these qualities. Those who are clever and industrious are fitted for the highest staff appointments. Use can be made of those who are stupid and lazy. The man who is clever and lazy however is for the very highest command; he has the temperament and nerves to deal with all situations. But whoever is stupid and industrious is a menace and must be removed immediately!”
— General Kurt von Hammerstein-Equord

#11 Ralor

Ralor

Knight

• Knight
  • 781 posts
  • A Musical Madman

Posted 11 October 2011 - 04:00 PM

Considering I'll only have school 2-3 days a week at most now I'll do it. I'll go sci-fi. I've had it's plot planned and even have had a chapter written since last year.

Sig312.jpg

Im dum.

Shhhhh. It's okay. We understand.

3DS Friend Code: 5069-3989-9578
Nintendo Network ID: Niroji

Steam: Musical Madman

#12 Secret Felix

Secret Felix

Knight

• Knight
  • 823 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 04:02 PM

Is the site for this already up?
Posted Image

#13 Secret Igshar

Secret Igshar

Pwner of Noobs

• Monarch
  • 3,796 posts
  • your worst nightmare

User's Awards

Posted 11 October 2011 - 04:02 PM

That chapter is probably crap by now. You should either consider revising it or tossing it. Starting the novel before November is ttly cheaty, too. :<

The site never goes down...

http://nanowrimo.org/

a5g7ld.gif

#14 Valor

Valor

Valorous

• Monarch
  • 3,874 posts
  • This is My Design

User's Awards

Posted 11 October 2011 - 04:03 PM

http://nanowrimo.org

That's the website to register for. It's quite nice as they'll send you pep talks and whatnot throughout the course and try and give prompts to help get you unstuck. You can write into a text box provided when November hits and it'll count your words automatically and give you a "per day pace" of words to aim for in order to finish the 50,000 by the end of November.

147.png

#15 Ralor

Ralor

Knight

• Knight
  • 781 posts
  • A Musical Madman

Posted 11 October 2011 - 04:06 PM

It's really just 7 pages. Short story assignment. I'll probably redo it all. It is crap.

Sig312.jpg

Im dum.

#16 Secret Igshar

Secret Igshar

Pwner of Noobs

• Monarch
  • 3,796 posts
  • your worst nightmare

User's Awards

Posted 11 October 2011 - 04:09 PM

I wasn't implying your writing is crap, in case you thought that. Just that a year later, your writing will undoubtedly be better than that piece was, and if you use it as a launching point, anyone who reads it will notice the significant shift in your style when that part ends and the new stuff begins.

a5g7ld.gif

#17 Valor

Valor

Valorous

• Monarch
  • 3,874 posts
  • This is My Design

User's Awards

Posted 11 October 2011 - 06:29 PM

Not to mention it's been a year later and where you intend for the story to go now may be nowhere near where it was headed a year ago as you're another year older and ... possibly wiser? Possibly >.>

In any event, my writing name on nanowrimo is Perfect-Remedy. Feel free to friend me when they open that feature again in the coming weeks.

147.png

#18 Kingroy

Kingroy

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 06:55 PM

D: I HAS MY STORY. I just need to start writing again for it and also complete that skeleton :I.

Or.

I could try the other story which I have made a good skeleton for and actually thought out.

Both of them are super hero fictions. The former is about a black super hero and draws inspirations from the many African-Americans who were seen as heroes whether it's the more modern or the men and women fighting for their votes.

The second is more action geared. It's about a teenage slacker who was thrust into the super hero world by symbiotes. It's more Shonen manga and super hero comic inspired than anything. It also has a theme of friendship and choices :o.

[Today 07:02 PM] Kingroy: <.<
[Today 07:02 PM] Crimson Jazz: I know right!?!
[Today 07:02 PM] Kingroy: >.>
[Today 07:02 PM] Tengo Cash: Beiber is the man

Screw You ↑ You ↖ You ↗ You ↙ You → You ↓ You ↩ You ↪ You ↬ You ↫ You ↪ You ↩ You ↲ You ↯ You ↱ You ↰ You ↷ You ↳ You ↶ You ↴ You ↵ & You ↺

#19 Ralor

Ralor

Knight

• Knight
  • 781 posts
  • A Musical Madman

Posted 12 October 2011 - 02:17 PM

My plot is in a century or two in the future, a breed of super-soldiers, each with unique abilities, is the most valued weapon known to man. These super-soldiers realize their power and have become a union of mercenaries, based out of a remote island in the ocean they created with their abilities. In a short time, they pulled ahead in technology, even, and share it with the more peaceful socities. The most elite of these forces have been selected for a trial of the mysterious "Project Copycat", and one of these members knows there's more than meets the eye.

Sig312.jpg

Im dum.

#20 Secret Igshar

Secret Igshar

Pwner of Noobs

• Monarch
  • 3,796 posts
  • your worst nightmare

User's Awards

Posted 14 October 2011 - 12:12 AM

^Sounds like it might actually be kind of interesting. O.o

Well, since you guys all want Inferno-related, and I have a story I want to tell, I think I will make my NaNoWriMo chronicle the misadventures of Solomon, Faz, and Neteru, a couple hundred years before the beginning of the Inferno's story. I'm expecting the story to revolve mainly around those three, with all of the other 9 having prominent roles in the story, all of them giving you a good idea of who they were before they became the Spirits we meet. :3

I intend to delve a lot into the mythos of the world of Lichon in the novel, so that people can see and learn these things without me needing to bore them in the Inferno itself with technical explanations of things.

a5g7ld.gif