#1 Xanius

Xanius

The Omega

• Emperor
  • 3,525 posts
  • Awakening

User's Awards

Posted 16 October 2011 - 11:58 PM

So, I've been hearing a lot about this Manga/Anime. Has anyone read or watched it at all? I know there's only two episodes out as of now I believe but I'm trying to look for things it get into. Wondering if this would be something that I'd like. From reading summaries on it, it doesn't seem bad at all but I'm not too certain and want to know if there's anyone out there in KG land that has an opinion for me to go off of.

As well, of course, use this thread for all general talk as you please.

Omega_Xanius.png

17ddgi.png

#2 Secret Igshar

Secret Igshar

Pwner of Noobs

• Monarch
  • 3,796 posts
  • your worst nightmare

User's Awards

Posted 17 October 2011 - 12:03 AM

I love Mirai Nikki. It's neat that the anime is getting it lots of attention. I read the manga a while back on a request by Artemis, and I don't know whether or not it speaks in favor of the series when I say that I am not quite sure that I can handle going through this series a second time.

I mean, it's really, REALLY awesome, but it is outrageously heavy emotionally, so be ready when you get into it. I watched the first episode of the anime and fell in love all over again. I'm not sure I like the voice they gave Yuki, but outside of that it looks INCREDIBLY promising. I'll definitely be keeping up with it, despite my worries of possibly crying all over again.

Oh, did I mention that the series is incredibly gory? Because it is.

a5g7ld.gif

Kingroy: ( 4:40 PM - 02/10/14) u can't own black people

Kingroy: ( 4:40 PM - 02/10/14) #ThanksLincoln

#3 Xanius

Xanius

The Omega

• Emperor
  • 3,525 posts
  • Awakening

User's Awards

Posted 17 October 2011 - 12:10 AM

Gory you say? I don't mind that really. I mean, Gantz had some pretty messed up shit in it. So if it's Gantz level I'll be fine really.

Heavily emotional though, that seems like it might hit me a bit more.

I might see if Azzy wants to give it a shot with the Anime. Otherwise I'll read the Manga on my own I suppose. Hoping it's as good as everyone says though.

Omega_Xanius.png

17ddgi.png

#4 Secret Felix

Secret Felix

Knight

• Knight
  • 823 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 12:11 AM

Let me just second that this is not an experience you really want to go through twice. I cried. I vomited. My mind was blown. Maybe not necessarily in that order. One scene is still on loop in my mind. I'll never forget it. D:

The story, while complex, is so masterfully crafted that all of the pieces of the puzzle fall together in ways you would never have imagined. The story is definitely worth the read if you can handle it.
Posted Image

#5 Xanius

Xanius

The Omega

• Emperor
  • 3,525 posts
  • Awakening

User's Awards

Posted 17 October 2011 - 12:16 AM

That worries me a tad bit. But I think I've been broken enough to handle it really. Not much can really get to me really badly in an anime/manga. There was this one really messed up Manga that everyone seemed to get freaked over but I took it quite easily. There was lots of uhh... messed up shit from showing people being murdered in very... very vivid detail along with some very strong and terrible Sexual abuse that actually made me skip quite a good bit of chapters since that shit just went on and on for no reason other then catering to fans of that sick shit I suppose.

But uh, yea, I'll definitely check it out if you guys recommend it.

Omega_Xanius.png

17ddgi.png

#6 Secret Igshar

Secret Igshar

Pwner of Noobs

• Monarch
  • 3,796 posts
  • your worst nightmare

User's Awards

Posted 17 October 2011 - 12:17 AM

One scene is still on loop in my mind.

Quite positive this is the same scene. It's absolutely stuck in my mind. I hate how much I adored this manga. I hate myself a little bit for loving it so much. I feel bad for liking Yuki and Yuno together.

These are complex feelings and I have trouble understanding them.

a5g7ld.gif

#7 Xanius

Xanius

The Omega

• Emperor
  • 3,525 posts
  • Awakening

User's Awards

Posted 05 November 2011 - 10:19 AM

oh hey, yea I started to read this. It's... not what I thought it'd be but it's not really bad. Waiting for it to get as bad as you guys have said though. Maybe I'm just unshockable or hard to make unnerved from everything that I've had happen. =X *shrugs* I'll finish reading it this week though. And see what I fully think of it all.

Omega_Xanius.png

17ddgi.png

#8 Guest_Griever_*

Guest_Griever_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 November 2011 - 02:04 PM

Not sure about Gory. But only 3 mangas made me cry. Battle Royale, I probably cried through a good... 40% of the story. Gantz a few chapters made me water. Just a few. And I cried on this one during a specific moment. It hurt me. And yes, I do believe that same replay happens to be in my head. So heart breaking and touching at the same time.

Anyways I read it in about 6 hours, I couldn't keep my finger off the mouse :|.

#9 Secret Igshar

Secret Igshar

Pwner of Noobs

• Monarch
  • 3,796 posts
  • your worst nightmare

User's Awards

Posted 05 November 2011 - 02:05 PM

The story doesn't really even start until about 75% of the way through the series. Everything up until then is just... making you love everyone. They do a really, really good job getting you to REALLY care about the majority of the characters before shit hits the fan.

Then shit hits the fan. Then shit is not fun anymore.

[spoiler=SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS]I swear, when everyone starts dying, I started crying pretty much every chapter, just thinking NO NOT HIM NEXT NOT HER NO STOP DYING and then my favorite character bit it and I didn't know what to do with myself anymore. It is without a doubt the most powerful death I have ever seen in anything ever, and that includes Dumbledore's death in Harry Potter (and that's pretty damn powerful).[/spoiler]

a5g7ld.gif

#10 Guest_Griever_*

Guest_Griever_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 November 2011 - 02:12 PM

The story doesn't really even start until about 75% of the way through the series. Everything up until then is just... making you love everyone. They do a really, really good job getting you to REALLY care about the majority of the characters before shit hits the fan.

Then shit hits the fan. Then shit is not fun anymore.

[spoiler=SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS]I swear, when everyone starts dying, I started crying pretty much every chapter, just thinking NO NOT HIM NEXT NOT HER NO STOP DYING and then my favorite character bit it and I didn't know what to do with myself anymore. It is without a doubt the most powerful death I have ever seen in anything ever, and that includes Dumbledore's death in Harry Potter (and that's pretty damn powerful).[/spoiler]

Don't get me started!!!!

[spoiler= Cry Baby] I can't believe they did that to them tho. I loved the casual friendships that they had that was really.. way too human in every aspect. I can't believe he did that to them... And then..... Akise.... its like Shinji from battle royale all over again. But... Akise. I'm sorry I woulda cried all over his body if it was me. [/spoiler]

And shame on you for liking them together. I HATTTTTTEEEEEEE her and you know why.

Effing whore...

#11 Secret Igshar

Secret Igshar

Pwner of Noobs

• Monarch
  • 3,796 posts
  • your worst nightmare

User's Awards

Posted 05 November 2011 - 03:54 PM

Yuki X Yuno is my OTP, man. Not even gonna lie about that. ;-;

Though~
Spoiler

a5g7ld.gif

#12 Reservoir

Reservoir

Owner

• Emperor
  • 561 posts
  • Wrong choice.

User's Awards

Posted 24 January 2012 - 10:00 PM

When I first saw this thread and read the few replies that were here at the time, for unknown reasons (I thought that) this series didn't really appeal to me. O_o; I do not know why, but looking up the series recently, I really thought that was how I felt before. Maybe I had mixed or negative feelings based on the first impressions I got from the first posts. I mean, even now I'm not sure how to respond to the opinions that were expressed. However, a bit ago while looking for new anime to watch on Anime Season, I saw Mirai Nikki listed and clicked the link so that I could read the summary.
...This series seems very interesting. I can't understand why I felt that I disliked it before, but I think that I would very much enjoy Mirai Nikki if I watched it. I was supposed to start watching the anime with Kai way back when there was only two episodes. However,... circumstances have prevented that. :/ I hope I get to see it soon, though. I am extremely excited due to some of the opinions and feelings towards the series expressed here by others. I'm not sure how I'll respond to it personally, but hopefully I'm not let down! (I have expectations--not ones that I know how to voice as I don't quite know what they are; expectations that this anime will capture me with some sort of brilliance and be one that I can't help but watch uninterrupted!)

Posted Image

#13 Xanius

Xanius

The Omega

• Emperor
  • 3,525 posts
  • Awakening

User's Awards

Posted 16 February 2012 - 08:09 AM

I went and reread this for the third time now. It's funny really. I didn't really care much for Ninth the first time. Second time I started liking her more, then this third time she turned into my favorite character. She honestly could have won it all and deserved to do so. The ending with her is just... so amazing. I wish that the creator would do a spin-off just for her since she's honestly one of the more developed characters in the manga. I love fourth as well. I was sad with twelfth this time, he could have made such an amazing character in the long run... Still really hate Eleventh and Eighth. Eighth just because of how freakishly large her head is compared to her body... it creeps me out so badly.

Really need to watch the anime. I think it's on it's 19th episode? Believe there's 24-26 total so I'll wait for it to fully finish. I've heard they changed a few things in the anime to how it is in the manga. That highly upsets me. Added a few things in as well that gives character depth I hear, hopefully its good things and nothing bad.

And still, after reading it three times... I didn't get freaked out by the gore at all but everyone else always does. I guess I'm just an oddball o-O;

Omega_Xanius.png

17ddgi.png

#14 Secret Igshar

Secret Igshar

Pwner of Noobs

• Monarch
  • 3,796 posts
  • your worst nightmare

User's Awards

Posted 16 February 2012 - 10:43 AM

If you say that your favorite character is anyone besides Akise, you're lying to yourself. Though Ninth (escape artist?) is one of my favorites, too. I didn't like most of the other diary holders, since most of them are either assholes, creepers, or just plain not likeable, though I don't remember it well enough to point to the specific ones.

I envy you for being able to read it multiple times. I can't. I really can't. I cannot deal with watching all of that shit go down over and over again. It hurts me every time. Last time I tried to read it I just started shaking uncontrollably when Akise was introduced and couldn't keep reading. It's bad. Really bad. The gore isn't what gets me, it's the emotions and characters that are the backbone of the story. I do not handle character death well, and this is a story about character death. >___>;

OH, also, the author of Mirai Nikki is working on a new manga now, Big Order, and I swear the two main characters of it are Yuki and Yuno.

a5g7ld.gif

#15 Secret Felix

Secret Felix

Knight

• Knight
  • 823 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 08:11 PM

I went and reread this for the third time now. It's funny really. I didn't really care much for Ninth the first time. Second time I started liking her more, then this third time she turned into my favorite character. She honestly could have won it all and deserved to do so. The ending with her is just... so amazing. I wish that the creator would do a spin-off just for her since she's honestly one of the more developed characters in the manga.

Spinoff with the Ninth, you say? Have some Mirai Nikki - Mosaic.
Posted Image

#16 Xanius

Xanius

The Omega

• Emperor
  • 3,525 posts
  • Awakening

User's Awards

Posted 19 February 2012 - 09:50 AM

Spinoff with the Ninth, you say? Have some Mirai Nikki - Mosaic.

Zomg. ;-; So much win. Thank you so much <3 I love this series to death and just want more and more of it...

And interesting about the new work. I'll have to check it out, thanks for the info Ig.

Omega_Xanius.png

17ddgi.png

#17 Dante

Dante

Page

• Page
  • 12 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 12:31 AM

Well the anime has finally finished. I really enjoyed this anime and glad it was mostly accurate to the manga. I had read about Mirai Nikki a bit and I thought it seemed really interesting but someone had told me it was disappointing so I put the series off for a while. I eventually got into it and was amazed by how much I liked the series. I quickly read the rest of the manga and the side stories Paradox and Mosaic and been following the anime since then.

[spoiler=Ending discussion]I personally enjoyed the ending and how it was played out in the anime. I do like the ending more than the other "true ending" that was the last couple pages of the manga. The ending kept the series more darker and showed the strong love Yukki had for Yuno, Yukki was stuck in depression for 10,000 years because he didn't want a world without the Yuno he loved. Thats just my opinion though, I did like the "true ending" I just liked the other a lot more. After the credits we do see the hammer part happening so I hope they will make a short episode or something later so we get to see the "true ending" animated. [/spoiler]

Overall I really loved this series and it definitely has a high re-watchabilty/re-readability and I highly recommend it. (Oh and I thought the openings and endings were all great!)

Edited by Dante, 17 April 2012 - 12:51 AM.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Hal

#18 Secret Igshar

Secret Igshar

Pwner of Noobs

• Monarch
  • 3,796 posts
  • your worst nightmare

User's Awards

Posted 08 April 2013 - 07:35 PM

Hey guys. Join Artemis and I in this masochistic manga for a second (or third) time. You know you want to.

http://www.mangahere...i_nikki_redial/

It follows the third universe's Gasai Yuno. Obviously, don't read it if you haven't read/watched the original series yet because major spoilers.

PS. If you're not a Yukise shipper I can't be seen with you in public.

a5g7ld.gif