Sodomize-it Soro

Squire

• Squire
  • 714 posts
  • Keeper of Butts

User's Awards

Posted 02 November 2011 - 01:59 PM

(worst title ever)

I meant to make a thread for this quite a while ago, but apparently I forgot about it.

Not much is known about it yet, except that it seems to be being made by the same team that made 4 Heroes of Light, and that it will use AR cards as a story-telling device. And it's for 3DS.

[spoiler=images]Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image[/spoiler]

#2 Secret Igshar

Secret Igshar

Pwner of Noobs

• Monarch
  • 3,796 posts
  • your worst nightmare

User's Awards

Posted 02 November 2011 - 02:01 PM

This looks really pretty, and I love Four Heroes of Light, so...

Just not thrilled by how they just leave that horrid name blazing across the touch screen. What a waste, sheesh.

I can't wait to hear more about it, though, for those of us not in the know, what are AR cards, exactly?

a5g7ld.gif

Kingroy: ( 4:40 PM - 02/10/14) u can't own black people

Kingroy: ( 4:40 PM - 02/10/14) #ThanksLincoln

#3 Sodomize-it Soro

Sodomize-it Soro

Squire

• Squire
  • 714 posts
  • Keeper of Butts

User's Awards

Posted 02 November 2011 - 02:04 PM

Pretty sure the title isn't actually in the bottom screen. It's just a filler, for now.

AR cards are augmented reality cards. On the 3DS, they're cards that you point the camera at to play games, take pictures, etc.

#4 Valor

Valor

Valorous

• Monarch
  • 3,874 posts
  • This is My Design

User's Awards

Posted 03 November 2011 - 12:41 PM

I'm not huge into AR. I find it kind of dumb, but this game looks pretty promising. I can see the step forward the 3ds is from the DS in terms of graphics, so that's cool. I also assume bottom screen will be menus and the such. 4HoL did it extremely well with their set up and I'm sure this will be good as well.

If I had a 3ds this game would be on my radar.

147.png

#5 Valor

Valor

Valorous

• Monarch
  • 3,874 posts
  • This is My Design

User's Awards

Posted 24 July 2012 - 09:24 AM

Now This is One Hell of a Collector's Edition, Square Enix

Hell of a collector's edition. Doubt it'd ever come stateside, and for that price, I'm glad.

147.png

#6 Secret Igshar

Secret Igshar

Pwner of Noobs

• Monarch
  • 3,796 posts
  • your worst nightmare

User's Awards

Posted 17 February 2014 - 09:33 AM

Why is no one talking about this game wow

It's kind of amazing. I just finished the Water Crystal and now I'm breaking for a bit to let Yuko gain some ground on me but holy balls I am loving the fuck out of this game and by that I mean I hate it so hard.

The one "bad" thing I noticed is boss fights. They're tough, yeah, don't get me wrong. But if you ever lose to a boss twice in a row you're either bad or you aren't working on Norende Village enough. Like - the boss at the Water Crystal today hits me with an attack (through Default) that nearly wiped my party. When trying to make a comeback, I was down to just Edea before any of my characters acted. So I just decided to give up and try again. So I set all of my Specials to target his monster type and elemental weakness. I set elemental resistance against the spell he almost killed me with on everyone but Edea. (and made Agnes's "Lux" have a Res+ of the same element; though I never got to use this). So I defaulted through it again and barely saw any damage go off. Next turn I drop my BP stacks and won the battle. Until that turn I hadn't even attacked the boss at all yet. Edea and Tiz used their specials and well bloop.

So it kind of makes me a little upset that Specials are so easily exploitable. I didn't even need to build them up for the boss - I just already had them stored for all four guys before the fight. Meh.

*BUT* this is a minor thing because it really only works for the monster bosses (which I've only had two "real" bosses so far; the others were just later monsters used as bosses according to the journal so maybe I'm just whining about the early game and later on this stops being an issue entirely). People bosses... one of the sidequests I did the boss took me a good... four? five tries? and I was 100% prepared after my first wipe with resistances and specials and everything and he still decimated me. The time I finally won was a really hard-fought victory. He had me down to Ringabel and Edea at one point (I'd talk which Jobs I had but I don't wanna accidentally spoil anyone who doesn't have the game yet; suffice to say neither of them was a healer) and I barely managed to scrape out a win while spamming my strongest attacks as constantly as I was able.

But yeah. I LOVE the diversity of Jobs. There's a couple of them that have a few things that kinda bug me but I'll outline them in a spoiler so I don't accidentally tell people about Jobs they don't know about yet. If you've done the sidequests around Florem and finished the Water Crystal, you have all of the Jobs I'll be whining about. I have the first 13 in the journal.

Spoiler

Also anyone have any Ringabel theories? pls no actual spoilers I wanna theorize with other people around the same point in the game as me. D:

a5g7ld.gif

Kingroy: ( 4:40 PM - 02/10/14) u can't own black people

Kingroy: ( 4:40 PM - 02/10/14) #ThanksLincoln

#7 Valor

Valor

Valorous

• Monarch
  • 3,874 posts
  • This is My Design

User's Awards

Posted 17 February 2014 - 04:44 PM

I'll share my experiences while I take a break for now.

Basically my team just dinged level 41 and I'm wobbling through the lead up to the third crystal stuff while simultaneously being immensely disappointed by how subpar my level 10 job skills have been thus far.

Working on Norende gives you such an unfair advantage in this game I can't even begin. The Angel Bow, for starters, is so OP it's ridiculous. Shops still haven't fully caught up to it. I can also get a new axe that would give my guys ~200 attack power. I haven't bought it for balance's sake.

That said, I'm about 10 hours away from finishing the reconstruction of Norende, and once you get past the weapons and armor they give, it isn't too important until very endgame.

Gonna list what all I leveled my bros as:

Spoiler

As for Ringabel (spoilers ensue)

Spoiler

147.png