• Please log in to reply
205 replies to this topic

#41 Crimson Jazz

Crimson Jazz

Knight

• Knight
  • 851 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 12:44 PM

So, I think they decided to keep Sokka's goofy nature, as shown by some of the TV commercials.

katy-perry-dark-horse-5.gif

Holy crap! I just looked out my window and saw a huge ball of fire in the sky!!!

Oh wait.....

[Today 09:55 PM] *Ralor cries*
[Today 09:55 PM] Ralor: ;-; I am an abomination to evolution
[Today 03:03 PM] Dion: i was addicted to the point where i couldnt function without some coke in my system
[Today 03:03 PM] Dion: i used to be addicted coke

It's okay, Dion...it's okay.

#42 cbchick

cbchick

Squire

• Squire
  • 367 posts
  • Britt Brat

Posted 27 June 2010 - 01:33 PM

So, I think they decided to keep Sokka's goofy nature, as shown by some of the TV commercials.

thats good. it wouldnt be the same without sokka's funniness <3

0716131b-bf5d-44b5-aab2-399e843258d8_zps

"If You Were To Leave Me, I Would Be Just As Alone As You."

#43 Crimson Jazz

Crimson Jazz

Knight

• Knight
  • 851 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 04:42 PM

So IGN did a last of "Best Avatar Episodes" in anticipation for The Last Airbender. I didn't agree with their number one choice, though. The Headband or The Boiling Rock would be my number one choice.

Avatar: The Last Airbender's Best Episodes - TV Feature at IGN

Holy crap! I just looked out my window and saw a huge ball of fire in the sky!!!

Oh wait.....

[Today 03:03 PM] Dion: i was addicted to the point where i couldnt function without some coke in my system

#44 cbchick

cbchick

Squire

• Squire
  • 367 posts
  • Britt Brat

Posted 30 June 2010 - 04:47 PM

i liked all of the choices but yeah, the number one shoulda been the prison one.

#45 Secret Felix

Secret Felix

Knight

• Knight
  • 823 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 04:54 PM

I liked Tales of Ba Sing Se, but it's a shame it wasn't a bit higher on the list. Oh, and that theatre one isn't there either. It was pretty funny, too.
Posted Image

#46 cbchick

cbchick

Squire

• Squire
  • 367 posts
  • Britt Brat

Posted 30 June 2010 - 04:56 PM

I liked Tales of Ba Sing Se, but it's a shame it wasn't a bit higher on the list. Oh, and that theatre one isn't there either. It was pretty funny, too.

ohh, the one with the play? =o yeah i liked that one too lol

#47 Xanius

Xanius

The Omega

• Emperor
  • 3,525 posts
  • Awakening

User's Awards

Posted 30 June 2010 - 05:46 PM

Oh god damn.

The Last Airbender Movie Reviews, Pictures - Rotten Tomatoes

It's getting some really horrible reviews. That really doesn't look good at all.

Omega_Xanius.png

17ddgi.png

#48 Secret Felix

Secret Felix

Knight

• Knight
  • 823 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 05:50 PM

Who would have thought Shyamalan would come up with a movie that makes his Lady in the Water look positively sensible?

Oh carps, This isn't looking good.
Posted Image

#49 cbchick

cbchick

Squire

• Squire
  • 367 posts
  • Britt Brat

Posted 30 June 2010 - 05:55 PM

ehh..doesnt sound good but im still willing to go and see it and decide myself if i like it or not >> lol

#50 Dion

Dion

Knight

• Knight
  • 2,565 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 05:58 PM

I know I shouldn't, but I have to. :3

I told you so. :D

...V HAS COME TO...

dQqhfU.gif

ngoahxS.jpg

#51 cbchick

cbchick

Squire

• Squire
  • 367 posts
  • Britt Brat

Posted 30 June 2010 - 06:05 PM

zuko's scar needs to be more noticeable than it already is >> in the show, you can clearly see his scar but in the movie, u cant really see it. u can only see it up close! -_-

the cast is the only thing that kinda bothers me. if i go see it tomorrow with my cousin, it better be good >0

#52 Crimson Jazz

Crimson Jazz

Knight

• Knight
  • 851 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 06:43 PM

Oh god damn.

The Last Airbender Movie Reviews, Pictures - Rotten Tomatoes

It's getting some really horrible reviews. That really doesn't look good at all.

"Despite flashy special effects, The Last Airbender squanders the potential of its popular source material on an incomprehensible plot, laughable dialogue, and a joyless sense of detachment."

Damn. Damn, damn, damn, damn.

I was really hoping TLA would get good reviews :(

Well, I guess all there's left to do is see it for myself. And I don't think this film is going to do good at the box office. It's going up against Twilight AND Toy Story 3.

Oh wait.....

#53 cbchick

cbchick

Squire

• Squire
  • 367 posts
  • Britt Brat

Posted 01 July 2010 - 11:11 AM

okay, i give up. im waiting for this to go on dvd. all these horrible reviews finally gave in. sounds like the movie is one of the worst ever so yep, ill wait till it comes out on dvd. not wasting my 10 dollars. and that freaking M. Night w/e guy aggrivates me. stupid hoe dun messed up the tv series >0 he should stop making movies and give up <<

#54 Xanius

Xanius

The Omega

• Emperor
  • 3,525 posts
  • Awakening

User's Awards

Posted 01 July 2010 - 11:28 AM

Eh, I still get the feeling the Movie won't be completely horrible. Most live action adaptations aren't that great, but I do think that it might not be DB Evolution horrible. I'll still be going to see the film this weekend, I'll post my thoughts on it then really.

Omega_Xanius.png

17ddgi.png

#55 Crimson Jazz

Crimson Jazz

Knight

• Knight
  • 851 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 01:10 PM

Dragonball: Evolution got better reviews than this.

Honestly, they should axe the trilogy, wait a few years (a good 4-7 years like Star Trek did with the reboot), and then create a reboot film that actually gets it right. And don't have M. Night lay a single FINGER on the reboot. That bastard cut out ALL of the Kyoshi Warrior scenes, so Suki and her team DO NOT APPEAR AT ALL. The movie is a damn hour and 43 minutes!!! He could have put that in there as well as Jet's arc. But M. Night claims he was "in love with the Kyoshi Warriors too much" to keep them in the film.

Oh, and this video is the definition of irony.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/UfDk3I6di5E&hl=en_US&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/UfDk3I6di5E&hl=en_US&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Oh wait.....

#56 Xanius

Xanius

The Omega

• Emperor
  • 3,525 posts
  • Awakening

User's Awards

Posted 01 July 2010 - 01:13 PM

So, Uh, I think I heard something that finally takes the cake. Toph was suppose to be played by a black girl when she comes into the second movie... I'm sorry.. but all they are doing is just switching races on every character and it's kinda retarded.

And from what I know, the actress that plays Katara.. can't say any of the names correctly at all. Starting to wonder if I should go and see this or not.

Omega_Xanius.png

17ddgi.png

#57 Crimson Jazz

Crimson Jazz

Knight

• Knight
  • 851 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 01:18 PM

And from what I know, the actress that plays Katara.. can't say any of the names correctly at all. Starting to wonder if I should go and see this or not.

No one can. Aang is pronounced 'Ong', Sokka is pronounced 'So-ka', Iron is pronounced 'Ear-row'. Supposedly, those pronunciations are the correct way of saying them in the Americas.

Oh wait.....

#58 Xanius

Xanius

The Omega

• Emperor
  • 3,525 posts
  • Awakening

User's Awards

Posted 01 July 2010 - 01:20 PM

Ugh. What the hell? Did they not watch the series for a reference at all on how to say a damn thing? Makes me wonder if they even said Avatar right, my lord.

Omega_Xanius.png

17ddgi.png

#59 Crimson Jazz

Crimson Jazz

Knight

• Knight
  • 851 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 01:23 PM

Ugh. What the hell? Did they not watch the series for a reference at all on how to say a damn thing? Makes me wonder if they even said Avatar right, my lord.

lol Now you're just going to hate the film.

Avatar is pronounced 'Aw-vatar', I believe.

Oh wait.....

#60 Dion

Dion

Knight

• Knight
  • 2,565 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 01:25 PM

No one can. Aang is pronounced 'Ong', Sokka is pronounced 'So-ka', Iron is pronounced 'Ear-row'. Supposedly, those pronunciations are the correct way of saying them in the Americas.

Uh, wtf?

Well, I guess there's no chance for a movie on Book 2. ._.;

...V HAS COME TO...

dQqhfU.gif

ngoahxS.jpg