#81 Crimson Jazz

Crimson Jazz

Knight

• Knight
  • 851 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 02:48 PM

ohnotheydidnt: Shyamalan OK with Airbender critics 'up my ass all the time'

So apparently, M. Night loves it when you tell him his movies are terrible. >_>

We really need to start a petition to have his career ended.

katy-perry-dark-horse-5.gif

Holy crap! I just looked out my window and saw a huge ball of fire in the sky!!!

Oh wait.....

[Today 09:55 PM] *Ralor cries*
[Today 09:55 PM] Ralor: ;-; I am an abomination to evolution
[Today 03:03 PM] Dion: i was addicted to the point where i couldnt function without some coke in my system
[Today 03:03 PM] Dion: i used to be addicted coke

It's okay, Dion...it's okay.

#82 Sora

Sora

Page

• Page
  • 191 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 02:49 PM

ohnotheydidnt: Shyamalan OK with Airbender critics 'up my ass all the time'

So apparently, M. Night loves it when you tell him his movies are terrible. >_>

We really need to start a petition to have his career ended.

I agree. This calls for virtual signatures and angry Avatards.

#83 cbchick

cbchick

Squire

• Squire
  • 367 posts
  • Britt Brat

Posted 01 July 2010 - 02:49 PM

I agree. This calls for virtual signatures and angry Avatards.

heck yes! lol

0716131b-bf5d-44b5-aab2-399e843258d8_zps

"If You Were To Leave Me, I Would Be Just As Alone As You."

#84 Xanius

Xanius

The Omega

• Emperor
  • 3,525 posts
  • Awakening

User's Awards

Posted 02 July 2010 - 03:33 PM

Movie made 16 million on Thursday. Not that bad of an opening on a weekday really. Have to wait till the end of the weekend to see actual nice figures and judge how well it did. Most likely will hit over 60 million. We'll see what happens with it really.

Omega_Xanius.png

17ddgi.png

#85 Crimson Jazz

Crimson Jazz

Knight

• Knight
  • 851 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 03:47 PM

Damn, 16 million on a Thursday? Well I guess this film will end up The Phantom Menance. Millions of people went to go see it, but ended up VERY disappointed (even though I love Episode I).

Edited by Crimson Jazz, 02 July 2010 - 03:49 PM.

Holy crap! I just looked out my window and saw a huge ball of fire in the sky!!!

Oh wait.....

[Today 03:03 PM] Dion: i was addicted to the point where i couldnt function without some coke in my system

#86 Waker

Waker

Knight

• Knight
  • 783 posts
  • a boy with lots of lists and books

Posted 02 July 2010 - 06:09 PM

Roger Ebert's review is spot on: The Last Airbender :: rogerebert.com :: Reviews

I haven't watched the movie but I must agree from the trailers, interviews, and talk going on that M Night should've kept to the series on the casting and that his rebuttal for the racism accusation - I'm not being racist, I'm actually making racially diverse movies! - was good, but not that on the point, almost completely missing the meaning in the argument. A "anime" may be "racially ambiguous" (see him say this in this interview) but in this case it should have been obvious to not put white people in as Katara/Sokka at least -_-

And if anyone (M Night, again: "There is no Inuit that looks like Katara. It's not true. It's just not true.") makes a comment about people living in the cold having light skin, here's logic for you, from somewhere:

The characters from the Water Tribe are largely inspired by circumpolar indigenous cultures, with some influences from Asian Pacific and Amerindian, indigenous groups. On a DVD commentary, the animated series creators noted that even Katara’s “hair-loopies’ hairstyle (not used in the film) is even an authentic Inuit hairstyle.
Circumpolar indigenous people hail from from Canada, Russia, Alaska, and Greenland. There are many Asian circumpolar indigenous people (from the Chukchi Peninsula), but not all circumpolar indigenous people are Asian.
Some of our readers have asked “if it really makes sense” for Water Tribe characters have darker skin than the other characters, even though they live in a cold climate. The real life explanation for why circumpolar dwelling people such as the Inuit have darker skin is explained by Vitamin D consumption, melanin adaptation, and UV light exposure. It is perfectly “realistic” for Sokka and Katara to have darker skin.

I have a feeling that normal Hollywoodsters see asian people as leads is scary and not financially bright nowadays, and only asian directors do. But also feeling M as I hear he's flopped twice with Lady in the Water and The Happening and Paramount is opting to get him off. And that he didn't have much choice in the movie production/Paramount set some details in stone.

And some more controversial things:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Another interview with the director: Angry M. Night Shyamalan denies Airbender racism | SCI FI Wire
An article which covers a lot of the points against TLA movie: Floating World (FacePainting)

I really can't.

In other news, some info on the Collector's Edition!

Edited by Waker, 02 July 2010 - 06:12 PM.

11vpmw8.jpg

"Censorship is telling a man he can't have a steak just because a baby can't chew it."
— Mark Twain

“I divide my officers into four classes; the clever, the lazy, the industrious, and the stupid. Each officer possesses at least two of these qualities. Those who are clever and industrious are fitted for the highest staff appointments. Use can be made of those who are stupid and lazy. The man who is clever and lazy however is for the very highest command; he has the temperament and nerves to deal with all situations. But whoever is stupid and industrious is a menace and must be removed immediately!”
— General Kurt von Hammerstein-Equord

#87 Vanitas

Vanitas

Page

• Page
  • 67 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 07:56 PM

oh gosh i just went to watch it in 3D and.......
;~; it was very very disapointing....

#88 cbchick

cbchick

Squire

• Squire
  • 367 posts
  • Britt Brat

Posted 02 July 2010 - 10:30 PM

i was watching the behind the scenes thing on nick earlier this morning. M. Night talked about the things he changed and that he changed the pronunciation to make it sound more "american" lordy, i wanted to jump in that tv and beat him up >>

#89 Secret Igshar

Secret Igshar

Pwner of Noobs

• Monarch
  • 3,796 posts
  • your worst nightmare

User's Awards

Posted 21 July 2010 - 10:59 PM

So guys.

New season of the not-awful cartoon has been announced. The Legend of Korra. Not nearly as terribletastic as it was initially explained way back when in this thread. The new Avatar is a badass chick from the water tribe who already mastered Earth, Water, and Fire. She just needs to learn Air... from Aang's son.

Nickelodeon Greenlights The Legend of Korra - ComingSoon.net

SO AWESOME. I KNOW. I AM EXCITED. I just love the universe so much and I trust the original creators of the show to not screw it up like SOME GUY I KNOW did.

Edited by Rumbleroar, 21 July 2010 - 11:03 PM.

a5g7ld.gif

Kingroy: ( 4:40 PM - 02/10/14) u can't own black people

Kingroy: ( 4:40 PM - 02/10/14) #ThanksLincoln

#90 Sodomize-it Soro

Sodomize-it Soro

Squire

• Squire
  • 714 posts
  • Keeper of Butts

User's Awards

Posted 21 July 2010 - 11:02 PM

Seventy years later seems too soon for me. Unless Aang died an unnatural death, he should have live quite a bit longer than that, going by how long some of the other Avatars lived.

#91 cbchick

cbchick

Squire

• Squire
  • 367 posts
  • Britt Brat

Posted 21 July 2010 - 11:04 PM

oh snaps! she looks so badass! <333 sounds like its gonna be another great series. ill definately have to check it out!

if they make another live action movie, dat fool better not direct and produce it >0 the movie sucked ass yo! i was complaining to my cousins throughout the whole film. lol i got on their nerves so bad lawl. but yes, the new series sounds bomb! :B

#92 Secret Felix

Secret Felix

Knight

• Knight
  • 823 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 11:05 PM

Oh hey, this isn't live action?

Thank goodness. I cannot imagine how horrid that would have been. Oh wait, let's just imagine a low budget version of the movie. *shudders*
Posted Image

#93 Secret Igshar

Secret Igshar

Pwner of Noobs

• Monarch
  • 3,796 posts
  • your worst nightmare

User's Awards

Posted 21 July 2010 - 11:09 PM

Yeah, I know what you mean. The new Avatar is in her teens, so seventy years would put Aang's death like... say 55 years after the end of the first part... So he'd be about 67-ish? *forgot Aang's age*

I see them giving Aang an incredibly epic death scene, though. I just hope it's not something similar to Roku's death. :\ I would be incredibly upset if they had Zuko turn on Aang, as I don't think that would make much sense at all. I think what this is leading into is showing how this world USED to be, back when the Avatar was revered, rather than hunted... You know, back before Aang abandoned them all.

*shrugs* Seventy years is long enough to have Aang not die in his super young years but short enough to have Sokka, Katara, Suki, Zuko, Toph, etc all have at least cameo appearances in things other than flashback. I would love to see Sokka as a badass master Swordsman, still wielding that epic Meteorite Blade...

a5g7ld.gif

Kingroy: ( 4:40 PM - 02/10/14) u can't own black people

Kingroy: ( 4:40 PM - 02/10/14) #ThanksLincoln

#94 Vanitas

Vanitas

Page

• Page
  • 67 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 11:09 PM

:O
oooh that looks kewl >_<
i can't wait to see it :D

君を好きだけじゃものたりない
あこがれだけじゃ埋めきれない
淋しさだけが 今日もリアルで
今、会いに行ったら泣いてしまう
Simply liking you won't satisfy me.
Simply admiring you won't satiate me.
Today, too, the only thing real is my loneliness.
If I go see you now, I'll surely end up crying

#95 Sodomize-it Soro

Sodomize-it Soro

Squire

• Squire
  • 714 posts
  • Keeper of Butts

User's Awards

Posted 21 July 2010 - 11:10 PM

I would love to see Sokka as a badass master Swordsman, still wielding that epic Meteorite Blade...

But he lost it in the finale. :\

#96 cbchick

cbchick

Squire

• Squire
  • 367 posts
  • Britt Brat

Posted 21 July 2010 - 11:12 PM

well, i do hope that they at least let us know what happened to zuko's mother and stuff.

#97 Crimson Jazz

Crimson Jazz

Knight

• Knight
  • 851 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 11:18 PM

You guys keep forgetting that Aang, biologically, is 112 years old.

Anyway, the premise for the new series sounds awesome. Hopefully a lot of characters from Last Airbender make cameos. And I really hope they don't go with the whole "Zuko ended up betraying Aang" for this series to explain Aang's death.

Oh wait.....

#98 Sodomize-it Soro

Sodomize-it Soro

Squire

• Squire
  • 714 posts
  • Keeper of Butts

User's Awards

Posted 21 July 2010 - 11:19 PM

He has the body of a 12-year-old.

And besides, even if we were to assume he is 112, he should still live much longer. Do the maths.

#99 Crimson Jazz

Crimson Jazz

Knight

• Knight
  • 851 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 11:23 PM

He has the body of a 12-year-old.

And besides, even if we were to assume he is 112, he should still live much longer. Do the maths.

lol there is no assuming. Aang was 12 when he was frozen in the block of ice. 100 years had past before he was released from the block of ice. He's 112.

Physically, yes, Aang is only 12, and probably still had a lot of years left in him. But who knows. We'll have to wait until Comic Con for them to give us full details on the show.

Oh wait.....

#100 Sodomize-it Soro

Sodomize-it Soro

Squire

• Squire
  • 714 posts
  • Keeper of Butts

User's Awards

Posted 21 July 2010 - 11:28 PM

I meant in terms of physical age. Of course he's actually 112. I know that.

But anyway, what I was saying was that Kyoshi was Avatar about 400 years before Aang, right? And Roku was about 60-70 when he died, let's say, so Kyoshi is a couple hundred years old when she dies.

So Aang, being 12, and living for another say 55 years, would be close to 70 (physically) when he died. So he must have died of unnatural causes.