#1 Valor

Valor

Valorous

• Monarch
  • 3,874 posts
  • This is My Design

User's Awards

Posted 20 November 2011 - 09:27 AM

The sun had begun to set over the towering steeple of the glorious Sophia Cathedral and a young-looking boy pulled his rather tattered looking cap a bit further over his brow. He stuffed his hands into the pockets of his baggy pants and continued to walk at a brisk pace over the sidewalks of the city.

Carriages passed him in the street, the incessant clopping of hooves was nearly deafening as he glanced at the sparkling silver beast that was tasked with pulling the vehicle.

The hitched sword at his hip bobbed and swayed as he walked, making a distinctive clinking and clanking sound with every footfall he made. He wandered forward still and hurried across the street, being sure to press his left hand against the bag he wore to keep it from smashing into him.

He walked under the intricate jet black wrought iron gate that separated the park from the rest of the bustling city of New Ochre. He glanced around quickly, noticing nothing out of the ordinary, and wandered out into the middle of the field of grass and sat down, ignoring the metal benches nearby or even the people seated around a massive bronze monument and fountain located at the center of the park.

There was but one entrance to the park, and from his position he could be sure to spy any of the applicants that entered. He pulled a golden pocketwatch from his bag and scrunched up his face as he identified where the three hands were pointing. He glanced upwards into the darkening sky and noticed that the moon was coming out of hiding. The corner of his mouth twitched a bit, and a small smile betrayed his otherwise cool-guy persona he had been working on for the past week and a half.

He pulled a stack of papers from his bag slowly and waded through them. There were several more applicants to his poster than he had expected. Some of them sounded outright horrifying, the boy thought. He placed them nearby and withdrew a tiny spiral bound sketch pad and flipped it open to the first blank page.

He plucked a thin blue pen from his bag and folded his legs, looking up at the entrance again before returning to his sketching. He knew that they would be arriving shortly, but he began to prepare himself for a longer wait.

147.png

#2 Secret Igshar

Secret Igshar

Pwner of Noobs

• Monarch
  • 3,796 posts
  • your worst nightmare

User's Awards

Posted 20 November 2011 - 10:16 AM

If Filius Firebrand were to be honest with himself, he had no idea whatsoever where he should be headed. He had only been stopping off in this city for an overnight rest when he spotted those posters. Before then, he had never been to New Ochre. He took a deep breath of the comparatively polluted air. He found himself much more accustomed to the fresh mountain air of his northern home.

He growled at the tiny humans who stared at him with interest. One such man poked a scale and said, "Wow, it almost looks real!"

Filius cleared his throat. The man stumbled back and squealed. He said, simply, "I am real."

The man fled the scene. Filius loosed a long sigh and absently wished to return home to his people. He was not used to this sort of treatment. A freak, a blemish in an otherwise "normal" city. Dragonlads did not often set themselves upon the "normal" folks, due to reactions not unlike that man's.

As he strode down the street, he grabbed a man roughly by the elbow and asked him in his best human accent, "Have you any idea where Senora Street might be?"

The man stammered and struggled against Filius' loose grip. He released the man and he screamed, "It's two streets down that way!" he pointed off into the distance. "Don't eat me!"

Filius sneered, "Whyever would I eat a sentient?" He almost struck the man, but realized he must not realize whom he was addressing. Instead, he bowed and said, "Thank you greatly."

He then swept off down the street, heading the direction the man had indicated. It wasn't long before his eyes spotted the sign for Senora Street. Once there, the park was quite easy to spot. He strode along, ignoring the tiny creatures' screams of fright. He kept his head held high and his jaw firmly shut as he turned into the park.

He suddenly realized that this park was far larger than he had anticipated. His head swiveled side-to-side, but nowhere could he find anyone tough enough that they might have posted the message. He instead took to wandering the park, hoping that he might stumble upon the brave adventurer who had called upon him.

He only hoped that this man would not be quite as frightened by his appearance as the other inhabitants of this New Ochre.

#3 Guest_Griever_*

Guest_Griever_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 November 2011 - 11:57 AM

"More scones and tea." The bartender looks at the demanding woman dressed in a plain, blue plaid, long farmer's dress in weird flat blue shoes, with her rose red hair bunned up, looking as out of place as this woman was, her eyes: yellow swirled with beautiful eyelashes and her earrings said something entirely different. afraid to voice his opposition to her devouring the scones he had set aside, under the bar, specifically for his wife. "I never would have guessed you would have scones here. To think, scones at 1700 in a raggedy old dump like this," Zepheria blatantly states. "More tea and scones. Please."

The bartender gives in and gives her the last 2 scones, which to her delight, she devours the first one without so much as breathing, and tosses the second one in her bag. "Well, that was tasty... whats with you?" She asks, confused about the look of annoyance on the bartenders face. He quickly grabs the box he had hidden under the bar and shows her the crumbs left, in what used to be, an 8 scone box. Zepheria notices the ribbon on the top of the box as he opens it and states in frustration, "I'm outta scones! These were for my wife! How can I look her in the face when I let you some random, insensitive woman, eat her present! You damn bat!"

Zepheria sips her tea, while staring dangerously, at the bartender, who flinches and seems to know for a fact, he is dead where he stands. "If you weren't right, You wouldn't be breathing anymore. You shoulda spoke up before hand and I wouldn't have complained. Grow a pair next time, instead of serving me in fear." Zepheria pulls up her obnoxiously, huge, black bag from under the table and pulls out some paper and a pen from a side pocket and starts writing. "You have no idea who I am, or where I am from do you? Of course you don't. Why would you? Let me make it clear to you. Those scones were good, delicious but they could have been better. You should sell scones in here from now on. Your going to right? Good." Zepheria answers and asks to what seems to be herself since the bartender lost the ability to speak at the words "You wouldn't be breathing anymore" earlier in the one sided conversation.

Zepheria reaches into her bag and feels around for a good amount of time, while the rest of the bar has been dead silent for some time, and watches the pair. She finally pulls out some ingredients and walks towards the bar/kitchen area. "If any of you steal my scone, there won't be anything left of you to remember. So just stay away from my bag."

After 40 minutes the whole bar is filled with a light blueberry scent that has since woke the entire bar out of their petrified state. Zepheria comes out with her piece of paper and a big basket full of stones. "Ok everyone, try one out and tell me how it tastes. Different people have different buds, so give feedback." The whole bar almost forgetting how not too long before, she was practically dangling their very lives in front of their faces, beelines to the basket. "Don't anyone take a bite until I say so."

After a few minutes of rumble and chattering the whole bar quiets down for Zepheria as goes into her bag and grabs the scone. "Catch." She states as she tosses it to the confused bartender, who among the rest of the bar, was the only one unchanged by all the events unfolding in his bar. "You will taste test this scone and the fresh ones I made right now, and as you take a bite out of the new scone, after you say your comments, the rest of them will also eat their new scones and you will make different flavors with very very minor adjustments to the recipe from here on out. I have left notes for you that you must follow to a tee. There are 10 left inside that basket, give those to your wife. I also have a drink recipe that will work well for the scones when you decide to try it out as a footnote under the main recipe. Use the money to fix up this raggity place and sorry for eating your scones. Apologize to your wife for me." Zepheria packs up a few of her new scones and puts them gently into her bag.

Her bag which reveals to be half her size with a gigantic kitty face on the back of it. She hoists it on her back easily as she leaves the bartender a 40% tip for the trouble she caused him. She glances back as she makes her way through the door and politely asks, "Can a girl hear what men think of her cooking?" The others taken aback by her unexpected sweetness follow her directions, as the bartender compares the scones.

"DEAR ME!!! This is the best scone I've ever had!!!!!!" Face lighting up with complete enjoyment the others follow suit and eat their scones giving more positive feedback than she could have hoped. "Young lady!" The old bartender asks as he runs out of his bar away from the noise to her. "What might your name be? So I know who to thank for the amazing events that happened here today?" Zepheria kindly waves the old man off and says, "not important, but call them the Yeuphite Scones."

The old man's eyes widens in fear as his years of travel and tales finally hit him. The strange yellow swirl eyes, the earrings, he had just hosted one of the members of the Yeuphite tribe. Only ones who have traveled around and gathered such knowledge would know of the breeding experiments that happened ages past, even their existence is shrouded in secrecy for the few who even believe they exist. "Wait, the scones... !! The blazing red hair... I know who you are now! Your the GunMage Alchemist, the one those of your tribe call The Beautiful Fear." Zepheria quite taken aback by his knowledge of her, looks to the man quizically. "How do you even know...?"

The bartender returns her curiosity with a smile. "Where do you think I got those scones from? I've been a few places in my life and time and never had I had such good cooking before. They told me the only person who makes better would be the GunMage Alchemist the one they called The Beautiful Fear or Fear for short. The walking Alchemic genius, one of the only members in her tribe without vast magic, and the only member of the tribe to be able to use Alchemy and Magic. Luck is really on my side tonight. I told my wife I'd bring her the best scones ever and you helped me live up to that promise. Plus I met a growing star from the Yeuphite tribe" The bartender happily returns back to his bar while stating simply "Your tribe and secret recipe as is your identity, is safe with me, and yes I really traveled 5 days for those scones."

Zepheria smiles warmly at the bartender, "try not to tell too many horror stories about meeting the deadly GunMage Alchemist and enjoy your new found fame and fortune."

"Your welcome back anytime!" The bartender calls over the crowded bar asking when the scones will be on sale and about placing future orders and having a taste test of the new drink his bar will be featuring. Zepheria calls out as she walks away, "I might just do that." Feeling awfully proud of herself that she had gotten some exposure for her cooking, nibbles on a scone while moving forward to the meeting place. glancing at a passerby's clock, she realizes the time just flew by.

"1810, I wanted to be there early... I wanted a nap." Zepheria heavily sighs as she realizes her nap time will be cut short. She walks into an abandoned ally way and strips off the layer of normal clothes she was traveling in and lets loose her long bundled red hair. Kicking off her shoes in the ally way she reaches into her bag propped up against the side of the wall and digs around for her high heeled, black, satin shoes to match her new pleather skin tight dress. She also pulls out a black, pleather, trench coat sized jacket and puts it on over her bound up white with black spotted wings. "So much better to be wearing normal clothes I can move freely in."

Picking up her bag and carrying it on her back, while leaving the old clothes on the ground, she checks her gun straps and knife straps. She does an inventory count and checklist and heads to the meeting place
. "I hope he's fun, I hope he likes food, I hope he's nice, I hope he's not bossy, I hope he's not stupid, I hope he lets me sleep." Rambling on about what she hopes about her employer, she enters the park and looks around. Immediately deciding her employer has to be better than "a bunch of people sitting around a stupid looking statue," she starts walking around the park looking for someone who might have dangerous looking people around him.

"I hope they are nice, I hope they aren't stupid, I hope they aren't weak, I hope they aren't bossy, I hope they let me sleep, I hope they let me cook and eat." Continually muttering the same chant over and over again While she looked for the person who should be her boss. Really losing out this battle, finding absolutely no one around that fit any type of authority, she started to look for an average possibly semi-attractive man in the park who might be alone. She was still fairly early. Finding a man with paper out and who seemed to be sketching, in the park he was the only one who was alone, and the idea of someone drawing at night in a park? Alone no doubt? It had to be her guy, otherwise she would be really annoyed she would have to search and not be able to get her nap in.

"I'm your GunMage Alchemist, Zepheria, they call me Fear." She digs in her bag and pulls out 8 scones. "One is for you the others are for anyone else who shows up. I really hope your the boss because I'm gonna take a nap. Wake me up when we are ready to go." She saunters over to a nice patch of grass, set's her bag off her back and places it to the side. She digs into it, feeling around and pulls out her pillow and lays down and takes a nap.

Edited by Griever, 20 November 2011 - 12:44 PM.

#4 Valor

Valor

Valorous

• Monarch
  • 3,874 posts
  • This is My Design

User's Awards

Posted 20 November 2011 - 01:40 PM

Charles looked up slowly as he was approached by a rather talkative creature who offered him scones. He blinked. As soon as his eyes opened, like clockwork, the lights overhead in the park sprang to life, illuminating the once dim area in myriad colors. The amber lamps above where he was sitting swayed delicately in the gentle spring breeze.

"What's a scone?" he asked her curiously.

He grabbed the stack of papers and shuffled through them. He came to the one that looked like her. He nodded to himself, deep in thought.

"Pleased to meet you, Zepheria. You can call me Valor. I suppose you can sleep if the mood strikes you." he continued, popping his hat up off his forehead a bit. As he did so, he eyed a massive crimson monstrosity in the distance duck as he crossed under the archway.

If Zepheria said anything to him, it fell on deaf ears as his eyes trained again to the papers in his lap. He laid down the ones he had looked over delicately next to him, putting them in a neat pile. He settled on one that had the race labeled "Dragonlad". He had marked it in red, which indicated in his own color coding system that it was highly likely to be a prank submission. Like the one underneath it whose name oddly resembled a sort of very perverse subject matter. A clever play on words, Charles though, but still quite rude.

However, this "Dragonlad" appeared to be real. He got up quickly, stuffing his sketchbook into his satchel, and rushed off in the direction of this large person.

He wandered over to the beast as it was wandering aimlessly around the meadow, drawing the stares and fear of the other humans who had taken up residence in the park.

"Are you..." he looked down at the paper and furrowed his brow in contemplation, "Filius Firebrand?"

He offered his hand to shake, "I'm the one who posted the bill."

#5 Secret Igshar

Secret Igshar

Pwner of Noobs

• Monarch
  • 3,796 posts
  • your worst nightmare

User's Awards

Posted 20 November 2011 - 01:54 PM

Filius loosed a long sigh, exhaling black smoke through his nostrils. A fruitless venture, to be sure. None in this park looked remotely capable. As he turned to leave, a small voice squeaked nearby. His head swiveled, searching for the sound. It spoke his name and he realized where it was.

He dropped his gaze and saw a scrawny little morsel standing with a few papers in his hand. One, he recognized to be the letter he had posted beneath the wanted ad. He grunted and grabbed hold of the fleshy little mitt. His scales would feel hot, burning hot, even through the thick cloth of the man's gloves. He shook his hand once and then said, "Yes, that is I. Might you be..." His lip curled into a sneer of disapproval as he glanced up and down along the man's unkempt, baggy appearance. He redirected his question, "I suppose you know where this V is, whom I seek?"

It was a hopeful question. Hopefully this tiny man was merely the courier for the actual man in charge. Perhaps he was just the errand-boy. That must be the case. His gaze lifted back above the boy's head to scan the park once more. He asked, "Where might I find the man?"

Edited by Rumbleroar, 20 November 2011 - 01:56 PM.

#6 qster

qster

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,216 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 04:26 PM

Tanner started to panic as he started to realize the current time, the street lights along the road beginning to emit the light necessary to light the paths around town. He sprinted on the sidewalks and meandered his way through the crowds, his magenta hued bandanna soaking up his sweat as he slid past people in his way. His sandals were not made for running, especially with the knee high shin guards, but his lithe and petite body managed to avoid carriages trying to cross the road, only to see him attempt to run past. Eventually, he arrived at the entrance to the park they were told to meet at and he could see a small group in the distance, a dragon releasing smoke from its nostrils in a threatening manner.

"Whoa Tanner, you know you would never stand a chance against that thing, especially seeing how tired you look currently. Let your old pal Montressor take care of this mess for you and maybe a lady will actually be impressed by the feat. You know how good I am with the ladies." Montressor, one of Tanner's many personas tried to persuade him into letting him take control and get all of the glory of taming the dragon.

"Montressor, what would you possibly know about women? I mean honestly, I don't think any woman would want to be with a meat head like you. He needs to be able to fight for himself, otherwise he'll never be able to please a woman." Countered Bella, another persona in Tanner's mind.

Montressor ignored Bella and began taking control of Tanner's body, letting out a yell as he rushed towards the dragon. He forced Tanner into jumping onto the beast's back, trying to wrestle it to the ground as his confidence was far greater than Tanner's strength. Instead of forcing the dragon down, he was only making it sway slightly from side to side. Montressor, after a matter of a few minutes, gave up and gave Tanner control of the tired body.

Tanner looked at the front of the dragon, which appeared to be annoyed rather than hostile, but Tanner looked at the features more closely. He appeared to be rather tame, seeing as it didn't attempt to fight back or anything, which made Tanner feel a little embarrassed and guilty. He looked around, assuming this was the group that responded to the posters spread around town. He attempted to try and change the subject to make him feel less guilty, hoping that the dragon would later forgive him.

"Excuse me, but this wouldn't happen to be where we meet for that job mentioned on the posters around town, would it? My name is Tanner Reid, from the southern plains and valleys past the mountains. I hope you can forgive me for that... display I put on and I hope it doesn't create a wrong first impression." Tanner apologized, hoping to begin anew with the dragon he disturbed earlier.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Posted Image

#7 Valor

Valor

Valorous

• Monarch
  • 3,874 posts
  • This is My Design

User's Awards

Posted 20 November 2011 - 06:33 PM

Charles rubbed his hand slowly, not sure why he felt a burning sensation in his skin. It still tingled a bit. He wiggled it in a weak attempt to cool it off. He wondered if Dragonlads were hard of hearing. He summoned his strength.

"I said I posted the notice, Filius. I'm V. You can call me Valor." he replied in a louder voice, craning his neck upward at the Dragonlad. He hoped Filius heard him that time.

He looked down a bit, perplexed as to why a fearsome creature was wearing a dress. He checked the paper to check if Filius was a male or a female. He lamented his oversight of excluding sex. He looked up just as a boy who appeared younger than he was jumped ontop of Filius.

He blinked slowly as Filius swayed back and forth gently as if he were the boughs of a tree being caressed by a gentle wind. His mind drifted for a moment, but snapped back to reality as the boy introduced himself as Tanner.

He shuffled through the papers, knowing that Tanner's was in the blue pile. He looked up at the boy.

"Please don't jump on Filius like that. I think he may find it rude." Charles said to Tanner loudly, looking up at Filius and giving a pleasant smile.

"You can call me Valor. I think I have your application over there next to Ze... ph..."

He stopped midsentence and scrunched up his nose.

"Zepheria?" he wondered aloud as he wandered off back towards her. He had soon broken into a trot and slid through the grass just past the dozing cat bird to the pile of papers and rummaged through them. He plucked one out and held it up, nodding in approval. He waved it over his head, "I found it, Tanner! Don't worry!"

He folded the paper along with Filius' and Zepheria's and tucked them into his bag. He pulled the remainder of them into a pile and tapped them softly against the freshly cut grass to even them out. With that done, he rolled his shoulders and looked out to the gate, wondering if there would be more to accompany them.

Edited by Valor, 20 November 2011 - 06:35 PM.

#8 Dion

Dion

Knight

• Knight
  • 2,565 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 06:50 PM

"Questa cagna. I am really lost." Giovanni scratched his head as he looked around for the place where he had to go to sign up for the expedition."Rat's ass! I thought I was on to something, too." Looking around the street as the light of day slowly began to fade, Giovanni began his stroll down to find where Senora Street was. "I wasted all that time writing stuff down, too. It took forever to find out how to spell Giovanni in English." He let out a disappointed sigh. Spotting a particularly lively looking street, bustling with an odd crowd. ("Oh mio dio! Is that a dragon?!"), he decided to ask for directions. Nearing the intimidating looking creature, he mustered up the courage to ask for help. "Ah ciao là, your Dragonness, I was wondering if you could uh, help a lowly little human as myself to find a "Senora Street"? It would be be much appreciated."

...V HAS COME TO...

dQqhfU.gif

ngoahxS.jpg

#9 Dexel Hydagara

Dexel Hydagara

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,310 posts
  • Arcade Adept

Posted 20 November 2011 - 08:35 PM

Conall yawned loudly as he literally rolled out of bed, and cursed as his head hit the ground. Great. He woke up from his nap and already the effects were reversed, and he let out another string of curses loud enough for anyone outside to hear as he stood up and massaged his head. However, he figured he had been asleep long enough, and that V person probably wanted to see him anyways. Dressing quickly, putting his hair back in a ponytail, and placing his sword in its sheath before attaching it to a strap in order to sling it around his back, Conall run out into the city and started to make his way to Senora Street.

Luckily, foot traffic had waned a bit and he was just a short distance from the park. Upon arriving there, he saw one of the strangest crowds he had ever seen - a man in clothing far too big for him, some sort of dragon-like creature wearing a chest-plate connected to a skirt by a bit of chain mail, a dozing woman under the tree, and two others remarkable in no way, much like himself, one of them jumping on the dragon. Despite all other reactions he had, he laughed quite heartily at the sight.

When he could finally contain himself, Conall cleared his throat with a cough and assumed a rather serious look, which wasn't too hard as the laughing just made his head hurt far worse than it had before. "So, which one of ya'll are V here? My money's betting on Mr. or Mrs. Lizard here." Conall pointed to the dragon wearing a skirt in case anyone had any doubts as to who he was talking to and made sure he was speaking loudly so that he could be heard. He also made sure to stress the Mr. or Mrs. part because he really couldn't tell at all, and was slightly curious as to which the creature was

Edited by Dexel, 21 November 2011 - 04:00 PM.

2j87ib.jpg

#10 Ralor

Ralor

Knight

• Knight
  • 781 posts
  • A Musical Madman

Posted 20 November 2011 - 09:29 PM

Tynar walked down the street drinking from a bag of blood and singing a little tune to himself. "Changing seasons color the streets, and time passes by while I gaze up at the sky, your tears falling down on me. I push aside my sorrows, my dreams are far away even though they seem so close, I lost sight of everything." He walked to the location specified by the man known as V and went over to the group of gathered people. In his loud, friendly voice he spoke. He addressed the one fiddling with papers. "Tynar Pantera, my good sir. I'm not too late, am I?"

He looked at the somewhat odd group gathered in the grove. He saw what seemed to be a dragon with only two legs with brilliantly shimmering scales. "We've even got a dragonlad, eh? I'm liking this group already." He finished his bag of blood and sat under a tree before removing his shrouding clothes, they landed on the ground with a thunk. He sat up against the tree and basked in the cooling breeze. He then climbed the tree in the blink of an eye and hung upside down in the tree.

Edited by Ralor, 21 November 2011 - 12:43 PM.

#11 Valor

Valor

Valorous

• Monarch
  • 3,874 posts
  • This is My Design

User's Awards

Posted 20 November 2011 - 10:37 PM

Charles looked up as two other people wandered into the park and began to harass Filius.

"Ohmigosh!" he exclaimed, scooping up the papers and holding them to his chest as he rushed over to the newcomers.

"Hi, hello, hi, please stop harassing Filius if you can. My name is V, or Valor." he said sternly to the new people.

He blinked quickly and flashed an awkward smile, remembering that you're supposed to do that to appear friendly to new people that you meet.

A few papers dropped to the grass, and he hastily scooped them up, causing more to fall. He felt his face growing flush as he grabbed and scooped them up. He flipped through them.

"This is Senora Street. You're probably here because of my ad, I think." He spoke hastily towards Giovanni, never looking him in the eye.

He looked over to the other person, "What... was your name?" He asked, turning on his heels towards Conall.

Before the reply came, a strange bright red man entered the park. He introduced himself. The name sounded familiar. Charles flipped through the red pages until he found the newcomer's name. He opened his mouth to reply, but the man was already disrobing under a tree.

Charles averted his eyes quickly, not sure what exactly was going on. He decided to just not look over there again.

He looked at the paper and saw that he identified himself as a vampire. He had definitely pegged that one as a joke. Instead, it seemed, this man really did believe he was a vampire. He was even drinking fruit punch. Charles laughed to himself, thinking him to be quite silly.

He turned abruptly, outright ignoring anything that had been said as he wandered back over to where Zepheria was still snoozing. He plopped down loudly and sighed, folding up the vampire's paper and tucking it into his bag. He realized he missed the other two introduce themselves. He looked down at his papers. There weren't many left. He figured he'd hear their names eventually. He was too embarrassed to ask again.

Edited by Valor, 20 November 2011 - 10:51 PM.

147.png

#12 Secret Igshar

Secret Igshar

Pwner of Noobs

• Monarch
  • 3,796 posts
  • your worst nightmare

User's Awards

Posted 20 November 2011 - 10:59 PM

Filius took in as much of this Valor fellow as he could. He had certainly been assuming the poster to be a bit more... rugged.

Then, from nowhere, a crazed maniac leaped onto his back. Startled, more than anything, Filius pulled the young man from his shoulders and plopped him down onto the grass instead. He simply mused, "Interesting means of greating people." He introduced himself. Filius returned the pleasantries, "Filius Firebrand." He refrained from offering his hand, after seeing how his body heat had affected Valor, accidentally.

An energetic young fellow rushed up to him and spoke rapidly. Before he had time to stammer a response to him or the next bloke to address him as a female, Valor broke across them. Thankfully, he took Filius' side in this nonsense. Filius exhaled a large puff of smoke and explained, "I would much appreciate it if you fleshy meat sacks would not confuse me with a female." He snarled and stared at the two of them in turn and spat, "Do I look like a female to either of you?" He bared his fangs and growled while yet another aimless youth sauntered in. The place was truly getting crowded.

Strangely, this man knew of his kind. Filius narrowed his eyes at the peculiar fellow and watched him all the way until he hung upside down in a tree. Insanity. That was the only word which could describe any of these whelps. If only his laws did not prevent him gobbling them up. The one with the peculiar accent would certainly make a delicious meal. At the very least, Valor stood up for him against the onslaught of stupidity. Perhaps he would be worthy of being his boss.

Filius took a deep breath and strode away from the humans, ignoring any pleas they made for conversation. He dropped himself down onto the grass beside the spot where Zepheria snoozed. A short burst of flame accompanied his plop as the grass in the immediate area incinerated from his body's natural heat. He stretched his wings and addressed the young Valor, "I must confess, boss Valor, I am most curious as to that which we seek. What exactly will we be searching for?" He wished for something, anything to distract him from the collection of humans who seemed to have nothing better to do than badger him with useless questions.

Edited by Rumbleroar, 20 November 2011 - 11:07 PM.

#13 The Dream

The Dream

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,967 posts
  • ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Posted 20 November 2011 - 11:06 PM

Soon the street lights started to flicker on and brighten the path a young woman was walking. Her black hair softly bounced as she bobbed up and down. Each step her leather boots made with their metal tips made a satisfying sound, the one that imitated the trotting of a horse. The woman could lighten her steps but she wasn't doing anything sneaky so stopping herself from hearing this delightful sound would be pointless.

As she walked she held a guitar, which she had no carry case for, and played a happy and relaxing tune. She was in a happy mood because she had a job. That meant she was going to get some money and if she had to work with a group of people she was hopefully going to make some friends. The past few days she had been lonely, despite the fact that she had visited a few bars and flirted with many men and women while she was in the city.

Soon the woman could see the park, the place where she had to go to meet her employer. The woman smiled and changed the song that she played in her guitar. Instead she played a more emotional song that you would hear at the end of the day. The woman herself described the song as something you would play when a young hero was leaving his or her home after coming back from a long journey. She didn't think of the city as her home but she had stayed there for a while. The music sounded beautiful as well so that was another reason play it on her fine guitar.

The woman entered the park and saw a group of people gathered in one spot. They all looked like they were there for a reason. Hah, looks like I've found my traveling buddies. The woman smiled and continued to play as she walked up to them. Soon, when she was close to the group, she ended the song and grinned at them.

"Hello there, I'm Luca Fantasia. This is where we meet for the job right?" the woman, Luca, asked as she looked at all the people in the group.

Edited by The Dream, 20 November 2011 - 11:19 PM.

TheDreamEX.png

tumblr_n6lpksz2V81sfgfh0o1_500.gif

Gif not by me

A little one

#14 Valor

Valor

Valorous

• Monarch
  • 3,874 posts
  • This is My Design

User's Awards

Posted 20 November 2011 - 11:47 PM

Charles looked up as his concentration was shattered by the resounding crash of Filius' hindquarters on the ground. He looked over to see the Dragonlad sitting in little more than a pile of dirt.

"The grass is probably softer, if you wish to sit there instead, Filius." Charles said, turning his attention back to the papers in his lap.

He heard his companion ask him about the quest at hand. Valor looked over and scrunched up his face. He was about to tell him it was on the flier, but then he remembered that he had decided to leave it ambiguous. Fewer of these people would have shown up if they had know what he was after. He was about to explain when suddenly his entire body froze.

The soothing melody of a guitar floated into the park. Charles immediately rustled through the papers, throwing them aside one after another until he found the one he was apparently looking for. He jumped to his feet and held it up. Anyone who looked over would see a massive green check mark on the page.

"I can't believe my luck!" he exclaimed, immediately forgetting everyone else.

He looked over to the entrance to see the girl approaching him. As she said her name, he said it at the same time with barely contained glee.

"Luca Fantasia!" He repeated again, waving around the paper.

"I was hoping you'd show up! The musician! Oh man, I was really REALLY hoping that you'd come. I was afraid this was going to be a boring trip, but instead, it's gonna be AWESOME!" He exclaimed, jumping up and down. He nearly toppled into Filius and nearly kicked Zepheria by accidentally, but thankfully he avoided both of these transgressions.

"My father wanted me to take lessons in piano and violin, but they're so boring. I mean, I did anyway and all, but they were horrible and so lame."

He dropped to his knees and inspected the guitar closely, "Very nice. Very very nice. It sounds great also." He murmured, apparently thinking that she'd be able to hear him. He looked up at her, realizing quickly that this was nearly textbook of how he was told not to greet new people, especially girls.

He cleared his throat.

"I mean... welcome to the team, Luca. You can call me Valor." He plopped back down and very carefully folded her piece of paper and tucked it gingerly into his bag.

Charles called over the other stragglers who were still far off and decided to mention it to everyone at once.

Once the group had gathered. Charles dug around his bag and pulled out a rather thick book.

"So, this is what we're gonna be looking for." Charles said, barely able to contain his excitement.

He flipped the book open and held it out so that everyone could see.

On one of the yellowed pages was the depiction of a silver colored sphere that appeared to be glowing. It didn't look very spectacular. He peered over the book in anticipation, but was dismayed by everyone's blank expressions.

"This is the Shimmering Sphere." Charles explained with a sigh.

"The person who is in possession of the Shimmering Sphere is supposed to be granted two wishes that they can use on anything their hearts desire." He explained, waiting for someone to be excited.

He turned the book back to face himself. "Most people don't think that it exists. Legend has it that it was created like a thousand years ago or something and its location was a heavily guarded secret. Over time its legacy became little more than legend. Even if you believe in it, no one really knows where to look."

"I'm different, of course." Charles said with a solemn nod. He tucked the book back into his bag and smiles politely.

"So, shall we begin?"

147.png

#15 Guest_Griever_*

Guest_Griever_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 November 2011 - 07:41 AM

"Stomp, thump, yell, excited greetings, loud voices, more loud voices, more loud talking, bellowing.... not gonna wake me u-"

CRASH!

"......"

Heat rising. With the decline of her patience.

"I should just kill them all, save for the boss and the one who sounds like he can't help but be loud, I can forgive these. Everyone else....."

"Is in their coffins."

With these inner murderous thoughts swimming through her mind, she plans out who to kill first. She decides the loud sucker rustling through the trees was the most obnoxious with that bag earlier. "Tynar. Bloodsucker is first. The person who was causing the heat to rise must be big, and must be the one who can't help but be loud, the dragonlad lizard thing." Already memorizing their locations from their ridiculous chattering and stomping."The one who screamed 'mr lizard' ... slit jugular. The really loud one who sounded like he was wrestling with a wall... One between his legs so he sings soprano and another through his head, Tanner. The one who played the music wasn't so loud either." Making fun of the accent as best up as she could, "Italianos ara naturallya loudo... but at least his voice was quiet, sweet and sing-songy."

"Fine, not 'everyone' but this group is about to lose 3 members.

Zepheria, hand under her dress, gripping her gun already loaded as Val finishes up his small speech. Bolts up, faster than a reaction could register and points her gun directly between his eyes. Her yellow swirled eyes with a bloodthirsty glare,"your too loud... SCONES!!!!" Replacing her gun immediately, she excitedly runs off to her scones she left for all the applicants, as a sign of good faith, and starts handing them off towards the applicants other than the blood sucker. "These are blueberry scones, they are sweet and delicious." She tosses the 3rd to last scone to the Giovanni.

She proceeds over the final individual and stares at him. "... They call me Fear, Filius. It is my pleasure to be in a party with such a grand creature." She sits a few feet away. "Dragonlad huh?"

"Ready when you are boss." Turning to the Dragonlad, not sure whether to offer him a scone or not, attempts to anyway. "Do you eat sweets?" She says, offering him a scone while nibbling on the other.

Edited by Griever, 21 November 2011 - 12:16 PM.

#16 Dion

Dion

Knight

• Knight
  • 2,565 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 07:58 AM

"You're all quite the crowd!" Giovanni said as he caught the scone that Fear threw at him as he eyed the weirdo that hung from the tree. ("What, is he a monkey? Quello che un perdente!") "I almost forgot to introduce myself. I am Giovanni D'Francis Alavan the Fourth. You can all call me Gio, though!"

Peering over the heads of the people all surrounding him, Giovanni took a glimpse at the tainted page that the awkward man ("What a loser he is. He must not be popular with the girls!") man pulled out, he gathered that the shiny ball ("Hehe, a quest for balls!") was what the expedition was for. "Oye. Oye! Here. It is I, Giovanni." He called out towards the man with the paper, as he assumed he was the contractor. "Just letting you know I kept true to my word."

...V HAS COME TO...

dQqhfU.gif

ngoahxS.jpg

#17 qster

qster

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,216 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 09:41 AM

"So... we are looking for a sphere that may or may not exist, risking our lives, and all that we get out of it is money? It better be a pretty handsome pay that you are offering us, but I'm sure you have already thought all of this through. If we don't get paid, I'm sure some of us aren't exactly going to leave with smiles on our faces." Tanner reminded the contractor, Valor, hoping this wasn't just a legend.

Instead of trying to start any conflict, Tanner took note of those around him, one easily being able to argue that they were a very unique bunch, consisting of a dragon who could speak and walk upright, a musician who also played the role of a thief- or so she appeared-, a strange and rather energetic man who would randomly speak some foreign language he was unfamiliar with, a contractor with the social skills of a toddler, a vampiric man who seemed to love to show off that fact, and a... creature that looked as if it didn't care for anything or anyone around her. He could already tell that they had a long and eventful journey ahead of them, which Tanner smiled at the thought of possibly befriending some of his allies. In the back of his mind, he did worry about everyone's safety, since knowing this was a mythic object they were searching for, there were bound to be other groups -- more hostile and barbaric ones-- that had the same goal.

"Hey Tanner, how about you go talk to that cutie with the guitar? Introduce yourself to her or something and tell her about your skills with that... thing you always carry with you. C'mon, you two will be perfect for each other- and she is pretty hot too. Here, I'll go introduce you to her." Montressor volunteered, forcing Tanner to take a couple steps in her direction.

"Stop! She would never be interested in a farm boy like me. And she looks significantly older anyway, so she probably won't even want to talk to me." Tanner countered, trying to regain control of his body.

He was given back control as soon as he was in front of her, the woman known as Luca standing slightly taller than him, which made him blush a little. He was charismatic around animals, but girls were a totally different story to him, especially one as beautiful as Luca. He tried to think of a good way to start a conversation and he finally came up with a good topic that could possibly start a friendship between them.

"So... you play a guitar, huh? I couldn't help but hear how beautifully you played it, but... your beauty far outmatches its sound. I play the lyre, so maybe the two of us could perform together. My name is Tanner, in case you didn't know." Tanner smiled, hoping that she would reply.

"Don't talk, Tanner. Let your talent do the talking for you. Play that one song for her. That ancient hymn that you practically have memorized." Bella commented, briefly taking control of his body to have him reach for his lyre.

Bella knew the tune, so she began to strum on the lyre, releasing a beautiful melody that could put any beast under his control if Tanner wanted to. While Bella forced Tanner to play, his eyes were closed, masterfully playing the hymn with little to no error. After a couple minutes of playing, he opened his eyes and just blushed, hoping he made up for what he had done to Filius earlier.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Posted Image

#18 Secret Igshar

Secret Igshar

Pwner of Noobs

• Monarch
  • 3,796 posts
  • your worst nightmare

User's Awards

Posted 21 November 2011 - 10:31 AM

At Valor's comment of sitting on the grass, Filius responded simply, "I attempted to seat myself on the grass, but your grasses here are not very heat-resistant."

Filius quite enjoyed the guitar's tune as Luca strode into the park and introduced herself. He thought boss Valor reacted a bit too enthusiastically, but he would not complain. Surely a musician would make this trip more enjoyable. His features, however, hardened when Valor explained the plan.

Filius took great interest in this notion of the Shimmering Sphere. He stared up at the boss for a time, but before he could ask for any further information, everyone decided the best course of action would be to completely ignore the fact that the mission they were on was a complete wild goose chase in favor of socializing with the others. Not that Filius particularly minded chasing wild geese. They made good afternoon snacks.

A woman who tried far too hard to be visually appealing approached him. The one called Zepheria, according to boss Valor. Filius clenched his fists at being referred to as a creature and this insensitivity only heightened when she offered him something she called "sweets." It smelled of horse shit. He sneered at the woman and spat, "You are bold after acting so disrespectfully. I do not eat 'sweets' as it smells little better than the excrement of a particularly fetid beast." He batted the scone away with a wave of his hand and snorted black smoke in her face.

The oddball who could hardly speak called himself Gio. Tanner, the young man who delightfully assaulted him earlier now attempted to woo the only sane female in the group with his lyre. The tune he played sounded nice, but held somewhat less power than Luca's song.

No one, it seemed, cared to know why this quest would be worth their time. Searching for that which exists merely in legend. Following a boy who can hardly stand upright. How would he possibly possess something others did not? This, strangely, did not interest the others any more than it interested Filius. Absolute insanity.

Filius loosed a long sigh and folded his hands in his lap. He would let them bicker amongst themselves. He already regretted his decision to spend this time among humans. Unluckily for them, he cared not where this journey took them nor whether they actually located this Shimmering Sphere. He was here simply to learn of these peoples' customs. So far they left much to be desired.

#19 Guest_Griever_*

Guest_Griever_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 November 2011 - 10:58 AM

"....." Fear contemplates Filius's words as she lets the smoke fly through her face. What possibly could the feral thing mean by acting so disrespectfully? "Is the thing actually sensitive to the word 'creature'? Must prefer to be called dragonlad... They actually have a social structure? Sweets smell like excrement...? I see... so then, I wonder, how he would take to vegetables... Must be meat, but I must know the answer."

"I apologize for my disrespectful tone, and words. I don't know exactly how to be formal with other races. Sweets smell like excrement to you? I did not know that, I apologize for offering that too. We snack on them, like I am doing right now. Do you just eat meat? Or are you vegetarian...?"

She finishes nibbling on the scone and starts on the second one.

Edited by Griever, 21 November 2011 - 11:07 AM.

#20 Valor

Valor

Valorous

• Monarch
  • 3,874 posts
  • This is My Design

User's Awards

Posted 21 November 2011 - 11:10 AM

Charles sat on the grass and stared blankly at the group while he folded Giovanni's paper and stuffed it into his bag. The others began to completely disregard him and do their own things. Zepheria handed out those... scone things again. Charles set it aside and rolled it across the grass. It didn't roll very well.

He turned his attention back to Tanner as he questioned the merit of the quest if the only thing rewarded was money. Charles furrowed his brow.

"That is word for word what I posted. D.. did you even read it?" He put a hand to his chin. Perhaps that was insensitive. Maybe Tanner wasn't able to read. He made a solemn vow now to accidentally insult his lack of reading ability again. He nodded to himself.

Then he began to play his embarrassment of a guitar. Charles' nose scrunched up and he clasped his hands over his ears and began to hum loudly to drown out the sound. When it looked like Tanner stopped, he glowered at the boy.

"Don't do that again." He said sternly.

Then he looked to the others, "This is a serious mission! A quest, even!" Charles said, leaping to his feet and punching a fist into the air.

147.png