321 replies to this topic

#21 Ralor

Ralor

Knight

• Knight
  • 781 posts
  • A Musical Madman

Posted 21 November 2011 - 12:41 PM

Tynar hopped down from the tree on Valor's command to gather. At the mention of the shimmering sphere he pulled out an odd looking tome with a strange glyph on the lock. Tynar touched the glyph and with a bright red flash the tome opened. When Valor had finished explaining the details of the quest, he spoke up. "I must here inquire all of our motives. In Elysia there have been few who ventured for this artifact, all with selfish reasons, and none returned unscathed, let alone successful. For your own safety, I ask you all as an ally, is your motive strong? Will it withstand the tests and trials ahead? The road ahead is undoubtedly dangerous, but the adventure will be grand. With respect, I ask you to assure yourselves that your desire is humble."

He then snapped his tome shut and returned it to his sack. He then ventured over to his robes and stuffed them inside his sack as well. He thought to himself. Unfortunately, this may anger some of them, but I find it necessary. I can't in good conscience let them go on without knowing they're in danger. He pulled a bottle of wine and a wine glass from his sack. He gently continued the same song from before and poured himself some wine. "My memory is in a book, mind is out of place, and no one sees my face, my eyes lose the light, whilst my shadow blends in the dark."

#22 Guest_Griever_*

Guest_Griever_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 November 2011 - 02:15 PM

Seeing how the beast failed to respond, she determines he's one of those over sensitive creatures that must hold a grudge for a few minutes to an hour. Not too much unlike cats, so she decides to let the subject drop for now. Not quite deciding this creature is a person thing or not yet she feels they've been sitting around long enough. Time to get to why she was here, the fun and danger. Among other personal reasons.

"My motives don't matter." Saying quite plainly, wanting to get started. Where do we start heading? When does the danger part start? aka what are you going to be needing us for? And when do we start this mission?"

#23 Dexel Hydagara

Dexel Hydagara

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,310 posts
  • Arcade Adept

Posted 21 November 2011 - 03:52 PM

Conall merely rubbed his head as the man in very baggy clothing identified himself as V and the one he had pointed at as "Filius". Everyone then continued social hour and there was even someone playing the guitar - she was very good at it, too, and rather good-looking as well. The woman and Valor both, in turn, identified her as Luca. He listened to V tell about the Shimmering Sphere, but only really focused on the description of what they were looking for and what it did. Well, at the least, he knew Val had the means to back his promise of payment. His headache was starting to recede a little before Tanner started playing, bringing it back full force.

Surpressing the urge to snap all musical instruments and those who had the misfortunate of owning them, he raised an eyebrow in further annoyance and confusion as the one who was sleeping under the tree woke up and, for a split second, pulled two guns out at Mr. Hangs-on-a-branch before just as quickly replacing them with guns. Reluctantly accepting a scone from the woman ( who called herself "Fear", rather appropriately he thought ) and nibbling at it, Conall looked surprised to find it tasted rather good. He silently munched on the scone as he considered the full crowd, hearing the strange-sounding man who he had seen arrive before him identify himself as Giovanni, then walked over to the one calling himself Valor.

"Well, if it is indeed you who posted those notices, the name's Conall. Conall Shateur." Conall had barely finished talking when someone else started, and seemed bored with the vampire man prattling on their intentions being humble...or something like that, then looked toward the odd figure and snarled as he spoke, "Just what are you babbling on about, anyhow? It matters not to you what I or any others took the job for." Looking absolutely vexed with how this meeting had gone so far in terms of noise and just how hard it had been to ask Val much himself, Conall walked away from the group a little to keep his distance, but stayed close enough to hear Fear ask Valor just what it was they were needed for again. Despite the headache, he started reciting the few incantations he knew is his head to serve as a mild relief.

Conall had nearly fallen asleep when he jolted awake again, remembering what he forgot, and let out a silent string of curses as he debated with himself. After a small while, he looked around to make sure nobody was paying him any mind before looking under his shirt. He gave a big sigh of relief and readjusted his normal clothes he was wearing to cover what he had underneath. He had forgotten that he put on his hauberk, leg armor, and shoulder guards in the morning and slept in them. No wonder he tipped off the bed. Still, at least they were with him. He'd have to kill himself if he forgot his old man's armor. Finally, a tiresome day through and through already had lent him a bit of relief.

Edited by Dexel, 21 November 2011 - 06:48 PM.

2j87ib.jpg

#24 The Dream

The Dream

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,967 posts
  • ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Posted 21 November 2011 - 11:17 PM

Luca smiled and chuckled a little as her employer, Valor, spoke with excitement in his voice when he met her. He seemed to have wanted her to come on the trip, making her feel flattered. When he started to talk about learning the violin and piano, she smiled even more. Well isn't someone a cutie. She thought to herself and then watched the man talk about their job. She listened carefully to what they had to do.

Apparently they had to look for a dull coloured sphere. She had no interest in it, until she heard that it would grant the holder two wishes. Then she listened in, already thinking that this was not going to be a waste of time. She didn't find beliefs like this pointless, the world was filled with magic so it was possible that this object existed. Hm.... this seems pretty amazing..... I wonder if I'd actually be able to keep my thieving hands away. A scone was handed to her by a woman with red hair. She gobbled it down and smiled with delight. She liked the taste.

"Well, I'm all in. This looks like it'll be fun" she said, before she started to tune her guitar.

Soon a boy, possibly the youngest in the group, approached her and started to talk to her. His name was Tanner and already he was flirting with her. She felt like petting the poor boy when he pulled out the cheesy lines. When he played his lyre, she slightly shrugged at the somewhat average talent that she saw. She sighed, then smiled again.

"Nice try kiddo, leave the playing to me though. And also hold back on the cheesy lines, they won't get you a girl" she smiled and winked at him before looking at Valor who was going on about this being a quest.

"Hey, you got my serious, er, attention" she rubbed the back of her head with one hand before holding her guitar firmly.

She then looked at the people in the group, they all looked interesting in some way. Tanner looked like an average farm boy, there was a tall lizard man named Filius, a man with a scar across his face named Conell, a man with an exotic sounding accent name Giovanni, a girl with red hair with black streaks who called herself Fear and another man that had started to drink some wine.

Edited by The Dream, 21 November 2011 - 11:29 PM.

TheDreamEX.png

tumblr_n6lpksz2V81sfgfh0o1_500.gif

Gif not by me

A little one

#25 Secret Igshar

Secret Igshar

Pwner of Noobs

• Monarch
  • 3,796 posts
  • your worst nightmare

User's Awards

Posted 21 November 2011 - 11:54 PM

Filius shifted uneasily as the oversexed wench apologized profusely. He supposed it would be best to accept the apologies for now. After all, how could he expect a human to have better manners than a boulder? Before he had time to even give a curt response to the young woman's question on his dietary habits, others began speaking, not the least of which boss Valor.

A quest. He supposed that would be a good word for it. Then, that peculiar human by the tree posed a question to the group at large about motivations surrounding the sphere. Filius had never thought of it. His mind had wandered far too quickly from the simple-minded question of "oh gee, does the dragonlad eat meat with his razor teeth or does he use them to grind up vegetables" and as such, he completely forgot to respond. The woman piped up first, seeming offended. Filius thought the man meant no harm, but cocked an eyebrow as he decided to begin guzzling alcohol while singing. Why he opted to do those two things simultaneously and right now baffled young Filius.

A young lad and lady spoke up to answer as well, and Filius finally grew tired of this aimless banter. With a single, mighty flap of his wings, Filius leaped up and landed lightly on his clawed feet. He folded his arms taut across his chest and addressed Valor directly, ignoring any reactions to his sudden movement.

"Boss Valor, if I may be so bold as to ask." He cleared his throat and pressed, "This quest appears to be one with a very great promise of reward. I see just a single potential fault in this mission which even our friend with the book seems to have overlooked." He waved a claw dismissively in the direction of Tynar. "You said, unless I am mistaken, that even those who believe in this relic have no idea where to look." His eyes narrowed as he assessed the scrawny man in oversized clothing. He finished, "You claim to be different. I apologize, boss Valor, but how could you possibly possess knowledge of which these other believers have never known?"

The question had been itching at him, but he had expected someone, anyone else to share his curiosity. Apparently, none did. This youngling, unassuming in all aspects, fumbling with papers, leaping with joy at the sight of a guitar, complaining of the sound of a lyre. How could he possibly be so special?

Edited by Rumbleroar, 21 November 2011 - 11:58 PM.

#26 Valor

Valor

Valorous

• Monarch
  • 3,874 posts
  • This is My Design

User's Awards

Posted 22 November 2011 - 12:26 AM

Charles' attention was taken by Tynar as he approached and seemingly read from a really old looking book. He questioned everyone's intentions. Charles never thought about it before. His intentions and all. He began to wonder if he had what it took to help Tynar on the qu-

He blinked. No, no, he reasoned. HE was the one who had the quest. Tynar was helping CHARLES. Not the other way around. He nodded to himself, reassured in his beliefs once more. He looked back over to the man who pretended to be a vampire. The wino was singing presumably drunken ballads again. He wondered for a moment if this man was merely a hobo. He dismissed this thought. He didn't have nearly enough facial hair for that. He wasn't dirty enough either. Valor nodded at these conclusions. However, Tynar's drunkenness would probably explain why he thought he was a vampire. Carrying around bags full of wine is probably unhealthy...

He nearly fell over as Filius flapped to his feet. Charles looked up at him as he questioned how Charles knew these things and wondered why he was so confident.

A smug grin crawled across Valor's youthful visage. He tugged the brim of his cap as he broke into an all out grin.

"Ah, noble Filius. I figured you'd be the one to ask that question." He laughed to himself, "Nothing ever gets past you." he continued, as if quoting lines from a motion picture.

He imagined himself in the role of the well traveled adventurer as he dug into his bag and gave as cool a speech as he could muster.

"You see, I have what they haven't got. Something that none of them ever had. Something that changes the entire game."

He ripped from his bag the one thing that separated him from the others and would assure their success where others have failed. He held up a rolled up piece of paper.

"I have a map of where it can be found!" he exclaimed with extreme pride.

Edited by Valor, 22 November 2011 - 12:40 AM.

#27 Secret Igshar

Secret Igshar

Pwner of Noobs

• Monarch
  • 3,796 posts
  • your worst nightmare

User's Awards

Posted 22 November 2011 - 12:39 AM

Filius stared at Valor's map. He chewed the air with his lips tightly closed and tensed the muscles in his forearms. He took a deep breath and loosed a steady stream of steam from his nostrils. A map. Filius shut his eyes tight and scratched the ridge just above his right eye, struggling to piece these inconsistent pieces together in his head.

It is legend. People who believe have no idea where to look. Boss Valor has a map. How? He shook his head out slowly.

Filius breathed, "Right, then, that's good enough for me." He nodded in approval and swallowed back any comments he might have made against Valor's energetic reveal. He seemed quite enthusiastic and Filius had no desire to blemish this momentous occasion for his young boss. After all, he only had taken up this mission to learn of these peoples' culture. How could he learn if he impressed his race's ideals of logic and reason upon them?

For now, he figured the best course would be to stand back and simply observe how the others reacted. He proceeded to a freshly grassy spot and lowered himself down tenderly to the ground, in an effort to keep the grass from going up in flames. Valor was right. The grass was far more comfortable than the dirt. His eyes flicked from human to human as he examined the group, wondering what would happen next.

#28 The Dream

The Dream

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,967 posts
  • ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Posted 22 November 2011 - 12:41 AM

Luca saw their boss pull out a map from his bag. At that moment her eyes were set on that piece of rolled up paper. In her mind it looked like it was glowing, as if it was a shiny golden apple, or something along those lines. She felt slightly warm inside, Luca was ready for this treasure hunt. She had never gone on treasure hunt, or a quest as Valor had put it. She was a bounty hunter and a thief, not a treasure hunter. She was ready for this journey. Soon though, she started to wonder if it was smart to wave that bit of paper around.

"Hey boss, you might not want to wave that thing around. Someone might try to steal it since this Shimmering Sphere seems like it's worth the trouble..." soon, Luca started to wonder if there were others out there that might be trying to get this item.

Luca wasn't too worried about finding the fabled item, she was more interesting in getting paid. Hmm.... talk about a pretty piece of paper

Edited by The Dream, 22 November 2011 - 12:44 AM.

TheDreamEX.png

Gif not by me

A little one

#29 Valor

Valor

Valorous

• Monarch
  • 3,874 posts
  • This is My Design

User's Awards

Posted 22 November 2011 - 01:23 AM

Charles laughed as Luca told him to not wave it around.

"Oh I wouldn't worry about that. I appreciate the concern though, Miss Luca." Charles said, quickly stowing the map away back into his bag.

He rose to his feet and slung the bag on. He flipped out his golden pocketwatch again and checked the three hands of the clock's face. He looked up into the sky and saw the moon was fully visible now.

"Perfect." he whispered to himself.

He looked around the group, "Uh... let's go!" he said, raising a fist into the air.

He kept it there and tromped through the group until he was clear on the other side of them. He turned back and smiled,

"My car is parked around the corner. We've got a pretty short drive ahead of us. It'll be shorter if we hurry!"

With that, he rushed across the lawn and under the wrought iron archway, immediately turning left and vanishing from sight. He scurried down the sidewalk for a little ways, eventually coming to a stop in front of a ratty beaten up old car.

Blue paint had been peeling for a while, and the exposed metal underneath was a healthy shade of rust. The seatbacks were once a brown fabric, but it had been sunbaked to an unhealthy ash gray color. Most of the fabric was tearing with threads showing quite badly in some places. There was even a large gouge in a seat with some of the yellow foam cushioning missing.

He peered into the car and frowned. It had seemed much bigger before Filius had showed up. He wandered around to the trunk and fished a long silver key from his pocket. He slammed it into the keyhole and gave it a quick turn. He opened the trunk and sighed. There was clearly not enough room to fit Filius in there. He did find an old cookie, but he figured it had been sitting there far too long to be fresh.

He shut it again and opened the door to the car. He proceeded to unlock the rest of the three doors and wait for everyone to catch up. Meanwhile, he took hold of the cloth roof of the car and squinted a bit as he tore the fabric off of the car and balled it up. He stuffed the fabric on the front seat and went back to it. He frantically tore the rest of it off until there was no more roof to the car. He realized he didn't have to bother locking up anymore. He decided this was good enough. There was still a metal frame for the roof, but he figured if anyone has an issue with it, maybe Filius or someone else could take care of it.

He counted on his fingers quickly.

Luca. Valor. Filius. Giovanni. Conell. Tanner. Tynar. Zepheria.

He frowned. He looked at his car. The backseat could fit three. Four if they squeezed together really tight. The front seat only had room for a driver and a passenger. The middle of the console was equipped with a stick shift, which probably wouldn't be a very comfortable place to sit.

As eventually the group wandered over, Valor rubbed the back of his head.

"Well, this is my car. Looks like some people will have to sit on each others' laps, or you'll have to squeeze in tight. Don't worry. It's only like a thirty minute drive, especially at this time of night." Charles offered with a stoic expression.

"Also, I'm driving. No one get any crazy ideas. This car is way too valuable to let someone else get their hands on!" He added.

He blinked and looked at Filius and to the car.

"Maybe we should take the bus. What do you guys think?" he wondered.

Edited by Valor, 22 November 2011 - 01:32 AM.

147.png

#30 Ralor

Ralor

Knight

• Knight
  • 781 posts
  • A Musical Madman

Posted 22 November 2011 - 03:52 AM

Tynar had only the craving for a single glass of wine after drinking a full bag of blood. He then stood up and stuffed the bottle and glass back in his sack. He removed his tome and robes once again, putting on the robes in case the lights of dawn should show before they arrive at the destination. Tynar was partially excited, but at the same time dismayed. He liked something about this bunch, and didn't want to see them get hurt. He sighed and followed the excited Valor to the somewhat shabby old car.

"I don't know if a bus is really a better idea. A few people get wary when they see me in a bus humming Days to myself. I think havoc may ensue if we put such a lovely bunch as this in the mix. Not to mention buses are usually fairly crowded anyway and most don't run at this hour. I personally prefer the car." He again opened the old tome with a bright red flash. He removed an old-fashioned fountain pen and scrawled a note in a page of the tome before putting the quill back and reading more of the book that almost seemed to have gotten larger since the last time he opened it. He started reading intensely, but still kept his ear out for any calls or responses.

#31 Guest_Griever_*

Guest_Griever_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 November 2011 - 09:06 AM

"He doesn't even know when the fun begins... Ugh. He has a map... Maybe this isn't such a good idea. I might be making a huge mistake..."

Zepheria, completely surprised, the Dragonlad had brought up what he brought up in the way that he did, and noticing the confusion and almost annoyance he seemed to have with the simple statement: "I have a map" was not wasted on her at all, and she quickly gave up the idea of studying him and trying to skin his body of it's scales and trying to get him killed. After all he apparently was more race then creature (But still, she would have alot of questions and he might be able to help her out with stuff). Knowing very well how disappointing a map concept is to this whatever you want to call it. It's not supposed to exist, and no one knows where to find it. The fact there is a map, she believed only 2 things A. Valor got swindled. Or B. why (if indeed it's still at it's present location) would it be still there, And why the hell would a map of something so valuable be made unless it was highly guarded? If she were to make a map of something so valuable, she would make it common knowledge and spread them out... While keeping the real location safe... It's a great way to keep people preoccupied and off track. If B was even remotely an answer, there was a great chance she was going to get the danger she wanted, but now she grew a little concerned, Tynar said there were others who went on this venture and got more than they bargained for... How many others have that exact same map... And how did they get it.... How many dangerous groups or people are there on this same journey....? What started out as a curious venture, quickly turned into something else. Originally coming here to see what other dangerous people were in the world, became a thrill to discover, to fight, to get stronger, even to kill.

"This really is going to be fun. We might even run into THAT... Heh, I knew this was a good idea. Curiosity killed the cat my ass." Thinking it in a joking manner knowing very well if B was true it just might very well be her death.

Zepheria not actually having ridden in one before, or seen one up close, eyes grew wide at the Car. Thinking it to be the most amazing thing in the world, runs around inspecting the car and realizing there isn't enough room, quickly comes up with a solution that gets her shotgun. "Boss does have some things up his sleeves!"

"SHOTGUN!!!! I've never ridden in a Car before! Filius should get the front seat, he kinda has heat coming off him. Do these seats adjust!? like I saw in that one car??? Maybe not it is kinda small... Then there's 3 more spots inside the 3 "bigger" individuals can sit in those seats and 2 can sit on their laps. Or all 4 could sit real snug and someone lay across all 4."

Immediately sitting on the trunk, she claims her spot. Clearly not realizing shotgun is the term for the front seat, she claims the trunk as the prize spot. Carrying her enormous bag with her, she already gets her space situated.

Edited by Griever, 22 November 2011 - 02:44 PM.

#32 Dexel Hydagara

Dexel Hydagara

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,310 posts
  • Arcade Adept

Posted 22 November 2011 - 04:54 PM

Conall barely had time to look up and see V leave before running after him and seemed to look a bit more energetic when he saw their mode of transportation, partly due to the finally dissipating headache. The car was old, no doubt, but it was much faster than foot. He listened half-heartedly to Tynar talk about the cons of a bus and nodded. "Ha! That's true. Heck, even I'm sketchy of you humming that song to yourself, if you can call that a song. Sounds more like you're trying to be a poet, and a rather mediocre one at that. A drunk one, in fact, if drunk poets clung to trees."

Conall chuckled a little, then raised an eyebrow once again at the woman called Fear running around and inspecting the car before calling out "shotgun" before jumping onto the trunk and sitting on it. Not sure what to make of this woman who seemed more like a cat than a human based on her attention span and energy ( not to mention the fact she was sitting on the wrong part of the car ), Conall just looked at Valor with a "are-you-serious" look. "Well, I'm inclined to agree with Mr..." He shot a quick look at Tynar before continuing, "...What's-His-Face over there, didn't catch his name. Buses are hardly better, probably aren't out at this time, go at slower speeds, and may not even get us where we want to go. Not to mention that guy...Filius? Him being dressed up in a big dragon suit doesn't help at all. That being said, much as I hate being sat on or sitting on others' laps, I have to take the car."

Conall massaged his head again when he finished stating what he thought he was finished. He wouldn't be sweet as sugar on this trip, but he figured his boss would like him to be a bit more cheery, and Conall didn't wanna lose that big payoff, so this would be the last bit of ugliness from him that's unwarranted. Giving a small cough, which he promptly covered with a gloved hand, Conall walked over to one of the rear car doors and leaned against it with his back to the car, waiting for everyone else to appear and perhaps talk a bit more so the show could literally get on the road.

Edited by Dexel, 22 November 2011 - 07:47 PM.

2j87ib.jpg

#33 Dion

Dion

Knight

• Knight
  • 2,565 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 07:45 PM

"Wait, wait. We're never going to fit in that!" Giovanni exclaimed. "The journey and the treasure seem pretty good rewards, but please tell me that we have more resources." he continued, frowning, slightly. Jumping up and down to let some of his frustration die, Giovanni continued"Comunque. Taking the car is atroce. None of you are attractive enough to be graced with my laps. Mazzo di brutti anatroccoli." With this, he made a gesture towards his thigh, signalling the nonavailability. "No, sir. I am not sitting in anyone's lap, either. That makes me feel inferior to a woman, and rather loopy near a man." With that, Giovanni assumed his pout face.

...V HAS COME TO...

dQqhfU.gif

ngoahxS.jpg

#34 qster

qster

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,216 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 08:54 PM

Tanner tried not to laugh at the sight of Valor's car, the rusted heap looking as if it would collapse if anyone took a seat in it. The interior looked as if a creature had roamed inside during the night and tore it to shreds, but it seemed to be rather fitting, considering the man who owned the vehicle. The funniest part was the fact that he expected all of them to be able to fit inside, possibly sitting on the lap of another person, which would seem rather impossible considering the size of some of the members of the party. Tanner then smiled, thinking of a more comfortable solution.

"Don't worry, I'll make sure that no one is forced to sit on anyone's laps, but it would be wise for some of you to stay with Mr. Valor for protection. I have transportation available for anyone who would be willing to ride with me. We may not travel as quickly, but I ensure you will be safe with me... and it may be more comfortable. Just give me a moment for me to bring up our means of transport." Tanner offered, standing a short distance away from the group.

Putting his fingers in a rather precise manner into his oral cavity, Tanner released a rush of air, causing a shrill, loud whistle to be released from his lips. At first, there was only silence, but soon the silence was broken as the sound of the clopping of hooves against the road began to grow louder and louder. A pair of black and white mares, along with a wooden carriage that looked to be able to seat at least four stopped a small distance behind him, along with a seat for the carriage driver. Tanner ran over to the driver's seat and took the reins, waiting for anyone who wished to accompany him to climb aboard.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Posted Image

#35 The Dream

The Dream

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,967 posts
  • ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Posted 22 November 2011 - 11:17 PM

Luca followed their boss to an old car. Her first reaction was to laugh, then listen to Valor, then laugh a little more. "That thing is probably worth only two hundred bucks! No, probably less. But...." Luca walked up to the car and then tapped the frame to see how strong it was. She then crossed her arms and thought about how fun the trip would be with them all squished together in the car.

She watched the only other female in the group, Fear, yell shotgun and jump onto the trunk. Luca raised and eyebrow and chuckled to herself. I see someone hasn't ever taken a ride in a car before. She heard Giovanni go on complaining about the car, then about them not being attractive enough to be allowed on his lap. She rolled her eyes and just had to reply to that comment.

"You're not that attractive yourself" she spoke then looked at Tanner who whistled and summoned a couple of horses dragging a carriage.

Luca was impressed, but then slightly bummed out. She would've enjoyed the chaos that would've ensued in the car, in fact, they would've even bonded a little. She sighed and then rubbed the back of her head.

"Yah know I could ste-" Luca quietened down. She was about to offer stealing a few horses or vehicles, but they had options that would've make them all wanted criminals. She shrugged and then smile.

"Eh, I'm not one for horses and carriages. I'm all in for sticking to the car. If you guys got a problem with that then I'll take the bus with you. I'd prefer to walk over all, but sounded like we're going somewhere far so...yeah...." Luca played a bus scene in her mind after saying that.

All of them would get onto the bus and Valor would pay the bus driver. The only thing that she could imagine was Filius scaring all the people on the bus, Valor with an excited grin, Tanner playing his lyre, Giovanni speaking in his accent, Tynar probably opening a bottle of wine and herself getting into anyone's personal space until someone was ok with her being close them or when she had lot of room around her.

TheDreamEX.png

Gif not by me

A little one

#36 Valor

Valor

Valorous

• Monarch
  • 3,874 posts
  • This is My Design

User's Awards

Posted 22 November 2011 - 11:45 PM

Charles blinked and listened to everyone talking around him. He was beginning to feel a bit insulted about his vehicle. He figured they were all mostly jealous. He took another look at his car. He didn't really see what was wrong with it.

Luckily, Tanner seemed to solve the predicament as a couple of weird looking animals strolled up with a wooden carriage hitched to them. Charles absent-mindedly wandered over to the animals cautiously.

"Horses?" He wondered aloud, prodding one of them with his index finger. It was tough. Not squishy or soft at all. He wiped his finger on his shirt.

"Interesting. I haven't seen one of these in the flesh before." He said, hesitantly placing his palm to the nearer horses' flank.

He looked back at Tanner, "I don't think that these things will keep up, but I'll try and take it slow." He said. "Just keep close behind, since we're going to be going a bit offroad once we're outside of New Ochre. I wouldn't want you to get lost."

He turned with that and slipped into the drivers' side seat of the car. He looked back at Zepheria in the trunk and blinked a few times. He shrugged, remembering that he was thinking of fitting Filius in there.

"Pile in and let's get going while we still have moonlight." Charles said with a grin.

The street before the group was pretty quiet. The residential area of New Ochre didn't get much traffic (foot, car, or cart) after 20:00. The gentle buzzing of the street lamps were the only sounds aside from the rabble of adventurers piling into their chosen vehicle of transport. The street ahead was lit in a soft, strange yellow. Almost a surreal feeling came over Charles as he gazed down it. Something like a memory began to form in his mind, but he disregarded it quickly. There was business at hand.

#37 Ralor

Ralor

Knight

• Knight
  • 781 posts
  • A Musical Madman

Posted 23 November 2011 - 12:36 AM

Tynar was appalled that such an insect had the nerve to insult him. "First of all, you insolent walking food source, my name is Tynar. Ty as in tie, nar as in narwhal. Got it memorized? Second, Days is an amazing song, you just have no taste in music. (ooc: Though I don't blame Conall. He never stood a chance with Dexel as his creator) Third, I was singing it so that you all could hardly hear it, so your perception is incorrect. Finally, I'm a vampire. I'm naturally attracted to tall places and I don't get drunk. Don't judge me." He turned to Valor. "I know I said I wouldn't feed on your team, but this little blood fountain might become a midnight snack if it doesn't learn when to keep its mouth shut."

Tynar had chosen a window seat in the car and had been reading in his strange tome ever since they left. He had been using a small ball of aether to softly illuminate the book. "Ah, I love automobiles. Such a smart invention. Unfortunately, once you get into bigger cities, though, they're really abused. I respect you in your moderation of using yours, Valor." He still kept his tome open, but was now manipulating his little puff of energy into different animal shapes.

#38 Secret Igshar

Secret Igshar

Pwner of Noobs

• Monarch
  • 3,796 posts
  • your worst nightmare

User's Awards

Posted 23 November 2011 - 01:01 AM

Filius followed along, hanging back while the others squabbled over seating arrangements. When the young lad with the lyre stepped forth and summoned odd, hooved creatures with a wagon, Filius stared at them with a strange look in his eyes. He wondered how one might taste. He inquired of Tanner, "Excuse me, but might I be able to sample one of these creatures later? They look quite delicious." He growled with delight and grinned.

Valor dropped into the front seat and the peculiar man proclaimed himself a vampire. Filius narrowed his eyes and pushed past the group following this peculiar man's comments. The odd woman had parked herself in the trunk of Valor's car. Filius supposed that freed up the front seat for him. He carefully lowered himself into the passenger seat and turned to Valor. He nodded, "Boss Valor, take us away."

(ooc: sorry for the short post, my battery is on the verge of death)

#39 Dexel Hydagara

Dexel Hydagara

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,310 posts
  • Arcade Adept

Posted 23 November 2011 - 01:32 AM

Conall shrugged as the vampire man ( apparently named Tynar ) rolled out some words as return fire, even calling him a walking food source, and asked Valor about making him a midnight snack. As much as he thought little of his new boss Val, Conall was pretty sure he wasn't just going to be fed to some loony just yet. In fact, Conall just grinned, invigorated from the encounter, and reluctantly climbed into the middle seat of the back, placing him right next to Tynar, and slouched slightly in his seat. This trip was already getting to be a bundle of joy.

Conall said nothing at noticing he was next to the man in a dragon suit and his boss, and merely gave a small wave that Valor could see to signal he was ready. Those yet to get in the car or Tanner's carriage were a different story, one he didn't care about, to be honest. Same destination, same basic reward, same fates...for the most part. When they were ready, he was ready, though him sooner than them.

Edited by Dexel, 23 November 2011 - 01:34 AM.

2j87ib.jpg

#40 The Dream

The Dream

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,967 posts
  • ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Posted 23 November 2011 - 04:03 AM

Luca let everyone sit down before she sat down herself. She took the seat at the other door, the only seat in the car left that was comfortable and not already taken. The entire time Luca held her guitar tightly so that she wouldn't lose it. Closing the door, she then turned to face the other two in the back, Tynar and Conell. She put legs up and rested them on Conells lap. She then held her guitar across her torso so that she could start playing any time she wanted, or was requested to. She then looked Conell and realized that she had her legs on his lap.

"Hope you don't mind, I tend to like feeling comfortable when I'm using some form of transportation other than walking. Sitting tightly in the corner isn't quite my cup of tea. I'll make it up to you later if you want" she grinned and winked at Conell before softly plucking a few of her guitars strings to make sure they still sounded right.

Her guitar wasn't in the best condition if you looked at its paint job, but the quality of the wood and everything else was fine. While she did this, she looked like she was deep in thought, which she was. This is going to be one heck of a ride.

Edited by The Dream, 24 November 2011 - 11:47 PM.

TheDreamEX.png

Gif not by me

A little one