• This topic is locked This topic is locked
321 replies to this topic

#41 qster

qster

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,216 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 07:02 PM

Tanner tried to maintain his smile as everyone loaded up into the junky vehicle, but inside he felt like nobody trusted him or liked him at all. There was still a small glimmer of hope as the confused Zepheria was sitting on the back of the vehicle, which she considered shotgun, the term for the passenger side of a motor vehicle. He jumped down from his seat on the carriage and ran over to the confused woman, hoping he could convince her to join him before she could be harmed. He smiled at her and helped her off of the back of the car, hoping she wouldn't overreact.

"Um, Zepheria, that isn't a very wise place to sit while we travel. That is the trunk, but shotgun is the passenger seat up front... and it would be a lot safer than back here when we get to moving. However, I have more than enough room, so you can always ride with me, if you wish. Plus, there will be a lot more room for you and there is always the fact that we could talk and get to know each other a little better. If you want to get on, then just climb up if you want." Tanner tried to persuade Zepheria, hoping that she would choose to accompany him rather than join everyone else in the car.

"Even if she chooses to ride with them, you still have us as people to talk to. Or are we not good enough for you?" Bella said, forcing Tanner to say it in a whisper.

"I need someone else to talk to, Bella. If I am forced to talk to you guys all of the time, I might go a little crazy. Besides, we are comrades and she looks like I would rather have her on my good side in comparison to her bad side." Tanner tried to reason, climbing back into his seat and grabbing the reins once more, ready to take off.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Posted Image

#42 Guest_Griever_*

Guest_Griever_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 November 2011 - 02:10 AM

Taken aback by kindness, the one who called himself Tanner, Advised her of the trunk not being the best place to sit. Looking at her sitting area and the front seat spot she gave up. "I thought it seemed silly back here..." She whispers to herself wondering just before what turns could mean in a place like that without much of a strap. She decides to leave her bag inside and pulls out 2 cookies and disappointed, shuts the trunk.

"Tanner, I suppose I missed my chance for shotgun. It looks incredibly cramped back in that car. I think, I will join you and lets get to know each other." Believing this might actually be a great chance as to see what makes some of these people so dangerous, she asks a little about himself. "What's a nice, cute kid doing here?" Zepheria asks sweetly, betraying her mean, crazy girl, image. Deciding he presents no present threat, and among everyone save for the boss, he might be the least annoying.

"I won't let you get hurt if things get rough, unless..." Zepheria deciding there might be more to her group than she is giving credit for, not really liking Tynar much she does realize to attract someone as strange and strong as a dragonlad and him as well as her own self, Tanner might be dangerous too. "Unless, your dangerous too."

"I need to start getting serious, this doesn't seem to be a joke. I might be with these guys for awhile. Test period, and act over. These guys won't scare away."

Zepheria's curious, swirl eyes, warmly beckons to the boy, as her beautiful hair sways slightly in the wind. Showing alot more beauty being nice than she will ever show in her anger, her whole demeanor changes. Her movement style, instead of being as she deems the humans "Clunky" she throws the act and starts walking smoothly and with grace.

She decides to take Tanner's offer.

#43 Valor

Valor

Valorous

• Monarch
  • 3,874 posts
  • This is My Design

User's Awards

Posted 24 November 2011 - 11:17 PM

With the cars decided, Giovanni would end up by default joining Tanner's carriage ride. Charles smiled wide and adjusted the cracked rear view mirror.

He leaned out the window of his car and caught Tanner's attention.

"Take the second left and follow it straight past the city limits of New Ochre. Count to four and then turn left into the shrubbery. There should be a dirt road there. Just follow that all the way until you can't go anymore. In case we get separated." Charles shouted, flashing a thumbs up.

He looked around at the crew who piled into the car.

"You all may want to hold onto something." Charles said with a nod. He removed his hat and slammed on the dash, popping open the glove box near Filius. He tossed it in and slammed it shut four times before the latch actually caught.

With that, Charles slammed the key into the ignition and gave a quick twist of the wrist. The engine sputtered and whined longingly, protesting the movement Charles demanded.

A few more whines and suddenly the engine roared to life. Charles patted the steering wheel affectionately with a smug smile as it purred and cooed excitedly.

He gave the wheel a quick twist and gently pushed on the gas.

FWOOM!

The junky little car peeled out of the parking space and was simply flying down the road at breakneak speed. Charles eased on the break softly (only one brake light lit, of course) and flipped on the headlights. They flickered to life as the streetlamps passed overhead at blinding speed. Charles' keen eyes focused on the road. As they neared the first turn he jammed on and cut the wheel hard. They soared left with barely a sputter, nearly taking the turn at exactly 90 degrees.

Charles laughed wildly as the car roared forward through the empty streets. Buildings passed in brief flashes, and people on the sidewalks held on tight to their hats in the aftermath of Charles' car roaring past them, kicking up dirt and debris in its wake.

Soon enough they were out of the city, the bright lights overhead swapped out for an endless starry sky and brilliant glowing moon hanging suspended far above. Trees and wilderness were pressed right up against the town it seemed, as soon enough it felt like they were traveling a country road. Charles cut the wheel again expertly, as if he had done it a million times before and barreled down a winding dirt road that split the forest in two.

With minor hand corrections the car stayed on path. All four wheels chugged along in perfect harmony. The wind whipped through the open roof, swirling around those seated viciously. The coldness of the air would chill even Filius to a small degree. Suddenly, out of nowhere Charles slammed on the brakes. Dirt, sand, and twigs and branches scattered wildly about, whipping past the breakneck car as it slid to a stop. The engine slowly died as the car lunched one final time before coming to a complete halt.

Charles slammed on the dash again, popping open the glove compartment. He fished out his hat and shut it on a single try. He smiled at the others and slipped out of the car, shutting the door behind him.

He frowned, "Aw. More paint came off... Soon I'll need to repaint it."

The group had arrived at the yawning mouth of a cave cut out of the darkened mountains. Nothing but darkness could be seen within, and there was an eerie whistling coming from its hidden depths.

Edited by Valor, 24 November 2011 - 11:21 PM.

#44 Secret Igshar

Secret Igshar

Pwner of Noobs

• Monarch
  • 3,796 posts
  • your worst nightmare

User's Awards

Posted 24 November 2011 - 11:40 PM

Filius grunted and examined the automobile. It seemed far smaller from the inside. While the others continued their minor conversations, Filius contemplated how well a hunk of scrap metal with a few rubber circles could possibly move on its own. He simply shrugged, sighed, and relaxed as the boss clicked the key into the side of the large wheel that sat before him.

Filius nearly swallowed his tongue. The sound of the car roaring to life frightened him. His right claw grabbed hold of the door near him while his left claw bored holes in the dash, clutching it for dear life as the metallic death trap barreled down the road faster than Filius had ever imagined possible. Wind whipped around his head, his mouth agape with a silent cry of help. His eyes snapped shut.

He had never before been so scared for his life.

And then it was over. He blinked twice and swiveled his head, his claws still tightly gripping the makeshift handles he created out of the passenger door and the dashboard. When he realized the car had stopped, he pried his claws from the metal and shouldered the passenger door open with a single blow. It swung open dangerously fast, and Filius was quite surprised it managed to stay attached. He stumbled to the ground and scrambled to his feet as he drew his lance and pointed it at the car.

His breathing heavy, laden with terror as his eyes flashed from human to human to car. He bellowed, "If that is what you humans call a car, I refuse to ever ride in one again!"

As if the shout drained his energy, the lance plopping into the lush grass at their feet. He fell backward onto his rump, charring a bit of the earth similarly to before. He shut his eyes and focused on his breathing. He was safe now, back on solid ground. Cars. That was one thing about which Filius felt perfectly fine with NOT learning more.

Edited by Rumbleroar, 24 November 2011 - 11:44 PM.

#45 The Dream

The Dream

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,967 posts
  • ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Posted 25 November 2011 - 12:03 AM

Luca was about to start playing a nice tune on her guitar as they drove through the night, but that changed the moment Valor turned on the car. Instead she held onto the door behind her as Valor drove out, no, sped like a maniac on drugs, out of the car park. SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT! WHAT THE FUCK!? WHAT TYPE OF WRECKED CAR IS THIS!?. Luca was slightly terrified for the first few minutes they were in the car for, though it felt like hours.

Slowly, she relaxed and adjusted to the speed. She sighed and dug into her seat, but still held onto the door. She wasn't going to take any chances. While they sped around in the car, Luca's hair was flying all over the place. It was incredibly light after all. Oh man, this hair is going to look horrible when we stop.

After what felt like hours, the car came to a halt. Quickly, Luca opened the door behind her and fell out backwards since she was originally leaning on it. Her back was on the ground while her legs were up and spread out a tiny bit on the car seat above her.

"I'm ok!" she yelled out before rolling to her side and eventually climbing to her feet.

Her hair was a mess, Luca didn't even have to see it to know. Putting her guitar in her seat, she quickly fixed up her hair and put on a smile, before turning to Valor.

"Well, that's one interesting car you have. Don't lose it. Oh and another thing" She paused, before opening her mouth again with an angry look on her face. "Take it fucking easy next time!"

She sighed and picked up her guitar before turning to Valor and realizing she had yelled at him. "Well...just saying what I think, no disrespect, your car is still pretty nice"

Luca checked to see if her guitar was alright before strumming a calming note once.

Edited by The Dream, 25 November 2011 - 12:57 AM.

TheDreamEX.png

tumblr_n6lpksz2V81sfgfh0o1_500.gif

Gif not by me

A little one

#46 Dexel Hydagara

Dexel Hydagara

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,310 posts
  • Arcade Adept

Posted 25 November 2011 - 12:47 AM

Conall looked surprised at feeling someone's legs in his lap and slowly looked to his side, then blushed brightly at noticing it was Luca and at hearing her talk about making it up later if he wasn't comfortable with her putting her legs in his lap before grinning and winking at him. He struggled to find words for a minute, then merely looked down again and stammered, "N-No, it's fine, y-you don't have to do anything..."

Before Conall even had a chance to think of something else, Val started up the car with an almighty roar and sped off faster than Conall thought this thing could manage. He hung on tight as best he could, but having nothing to grip onto, came close to being flung into either seat at his sides whenever Val turned. The air was rather cold as they sped, but Conall seemed oblivious to it - he just kept a straight face all throughout the trip and remained silent.

After Luca climbed out, taking her guitar from the back seat and shouting something at Val that Conall ignored entirely, he went out the same door she had and closed it behind him. Checking to make sure he had everything he brought on his person that was semi-loose - which didn't take long at all, since there was just the sword - Conall ignored the possible condition of his hair. He sighed and stretched out, then looked at where Filius had been sitting in the car for some reason.

"The heck..." He said as he noticed holes in the dash and in the passenger door. Naturally, Conall wasn't exactly sure as to the strength of the metal used in the car, but it didn't take a genius to figure it'd probably take a great deal of force from a human to leave those kind of marks. Quite interesting. Maybe the man had more reason to dress up in a dragon suit than Conall had originally thought. At the thought that perhaps he was seeing a dragon or some sort of dragon descendant, however, Conall frowned and was about ready to slap himself.

Dragons...please. As if such things existed. If Filius was of dragonkin, then Tynar really was a vampire.

Edited by Dexel, 25 November 2011 - 12:50 AM.

2j87ib.jpg

#47 Dion

Dion

Knight

• Knight
  • 2,565 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 01:31 AM

Not protesting the notion of a comfortable ride, Giovanni stepped into the carriage. The ride, on his behalf was going to be spent in awkward silence. He was not sure what he thought of this "Fear" person Crazy name! and he wasn't sure if this Tanner kid was crazy or not. "So, are we ready to take off, beastboy?"

Edited by Dion, 25 November 2011 - 01:45 AM.

...V HAS COME TO...

dQqhfU.gif

ngoahxS.jpg

#48 qster

qster

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,216 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 06:26 PM

Tanner watched as Valor sped away in his car, looking as if he was trying to instill fear in everyone who was currently riding with him, unfortunately. He watched as Giovanni had stayed behind and he kind of regretted having him with him, but that didn't mean that he would leave either of them behind. He watched as both of them climbed into the carriage, smiling as he noticed the marks that were left behind Valor's vehicle, serving as a reliable path if he happened to have forgotten the path Valor said they were to take. With a shout and a snap of the reins, the horses began running, pulling the carriage at a snails pace when compared to the car, but was pretty fast for a pair of horses.

"I'm here so that way, if we do get our reward, I can pay off the debt on my father's ranch. If not, I'll be forced to sell it or do something to get money for it. I just hope that we do find that Shimmering Sphere so that way we won't be leaving this trip empty handed. I just hope this whole thing isn't just some wild goose chase." Tanner replied to Zepheria's question, barely paying attention to the road in front of him.

"I've lived on my father's ranch all of my life, so I've naturally worked as hard as I possibly can to keep it running. He taught me every single thing that he knew, but I know I could never live up to be as good as him. I just hope that he is proud of me, even though all of his hard work is almost gone. I just want him to be proud of me." He continued, this time forcing the horses to make a turn as he spoke.

Bella could hear Tanner ready to break down to tears after hearing what he was saying, so she knew she had to interfere. After all, the whole time so far he was only moping and dampening everyone's spirits in the process. She took Tanner over and turned his head around, looking back at his passengers while still skillfully steering the carriage.

"So, what is it that the two of you are fighting for on this trip? I'm sure there has to be something that both of you are going to spend your money on." Bella smiled, hoping that she was cheering everyone up after Tanner's monologue of what he was going to do with the money.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Posted Image

#49 Ralor

Ralor

Knight

• Knight
  • 781 posts
  • A Musical Madman

Posted 25 November 2011 - 07:06 PM

Tynar wasn't as affected by Valor's driving as the others. He'd experienced much worse driving. He simply continued reading the back pages of his seemingly expanding tome and playing with his ball of light. When the car finally stopped, he got out and expanded and brightened his ball of light to brighten the area. "Valor, sir, you may want to check your muffler. The car is a little noisier than it should be. And, if you may be so kind, can I see the map for a reference of where we are?" As he said the last part he took out a quill made of the feather of a harlequin macaw and flipped his tome to the front page, which, unlike all the others except the very back page, seemed to be blank.
Waiting on Valor's response, he pulled a bag of blood from his sack and drained it into his mouth. His stomach growled. Tynar was hungry for more than liquids today. He reached into his sack and dug out some bacon jerky. He quickly scarfed down a few pieces and offered some to the others. "Anybody want a snack?"

#50 Guest_Griever_*

Guest_Griever_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 November 2011 - 02:34 PM

"...." Zepheria eyes Tanner, wondering. "Such a strange guy, for his ranch? that's all he really has for himself? He's risking his life for this ranch... I don't quite.. Why is he about to cry?" Having never had any real relationships with anyone, she doesn't quite understand why it is so meaningful to him. Then his personality completely changed and he became somewhat more grounded.

"Me? Well..." Zepheria pulls out her gun and 6 black coated bullets and enchants them. "Impetus Aquarum, Impetus Aquarum, Impetus Aquarum, Fulminis Impetusque, Fulminis Impetusque, Fulminis Impetusque." She ponders her question for a bit and decides to answer. "I don't care about the money, You can have my share, I just want to be able to buy more materials or find more materials for my alchemy. I aim to be one of the most dangerous people in this world. This is just one step closer to that goal." She loads her bullets and replaces the barrel with a 2 bullet barrel.

She reaches down and replaces her gun in it's spot on her leg and grabs her other gun and 6 bullets 2 regular, 2 green, 1 red and 1 cold. She again starts to enchant her bullets:
"Inmisericors Accuratius Deorum, Inmisericors Accuratius Deorum, Fremitus Catægis, Fremitus Catægis, Ardens Igni, Frigidus Crepitus." She loads her bullets up and puts the extra barrel back on her leg strap.

"I don't need money to be dangerous."

#51 qster

qster

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,216 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 09:16 PM

Tanner heard Zepheria chanting an incantation in the back seat, along with the clicking of metal as she unloaded the bullets from her gun. He had no idea what she was doing, but the fact that she was mentioning wanting to become one of the most dangerous people alive did not make him any more comfortable. If he heard the sound of gunfire, he knew the horses would be well out of control and that he would be left alone with her, a crazy, mass murderer who only lived to kill and advance up the wanted charts. Tanner was hoping he would be the last person in the group she was willing to point a gun at.

As soon as the conversation had began, the three of them were within sight of Valor's car, the others being within range as well as he brought the carriage to a halt. Climbing down from the driver's seat, he walked over to the pair of horses, rubbing his face against the side of their heads in a loving manner, whispering how well they had performed and how much they meant to him. Once he finished speaking with each of them, he gave them a hug around the neck, turning towards the others, waiting to see what Valor had planned for them to do.

"So, what is it that you have planned for us to do, Mr. Valor? We going to slay a dragon? Kill some pirates? Save a damsel in distress? Heck, where are we even headed?" Montressor questioned, growing antsy with anticipation.

Montressor grabbed Tanner's short sword off of his back and walked over to Filius, playfully swinging his sword in his direction. Then, after taking a couple playful swings at him, he pretended to stab the man in the chest, slipping the blade between his arm and side, then pulling it out. With a smile, he sheathed the sword and gave Filius a triumphant grin, hoping that he would take it all in good fun.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Posted Image

#52 Secret Igshar

Secret Igshar

Pwner of Noobs

• Monarch
  • 3,796 posts
  • your worst nightmare

User's Awards

Posted 27 November 2011 - 09:35 AM

Filius' eyes eased open once calm finally washed over him again. He rose back to his feet and stretched, glancing around at the others. He was confused as to why other humans had been just as flustered by the journey. Wasn't this how "cars" always functioned? He figured it would be a question best saved for later.

The odd man with the book offered snacks to the rest of them. Filius sneered and snapped, "More sweets, I take it? Keep 'em."

A short while later, the "horses" pulled the carriage into the clearing. Filius turned to face the new arrivals as little Tanner approached him, sword drawn. Filius knew that blade would likely merely glance off his scales, but he felt threatened by the display of this man swinging his sword about toward Filius' direction. As the sword came to stab him, Filius gripped the blade firmly in one claw and snarled, "Keep your blade trained to enemies, not allies, if you'd like to keep your guts." He released the blade, which would be quite hot to the touch if Tanner would test the blade. He then finished, "You humans are quite the curious race of sentients."

Filius strode up to the car and examined the damage he had done to it. Feeling quite ashamed of his behavior, he said, simply, "I apologize, boss Valor, I expected your metals to hold better against my claws. You may take the repair costs from my own payment for this adventure, if you wish." He then stepped away from the car and strode right up to the mouth of the cave and peered inside. He huffed, "The cave looks deep. We shall not be lost within, correct?"

Edited by Rumbleroar, 27 November 2011 - 09:37 AM.

#53 Dion

Dion

Knight

• Knight
  • 2,565 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 01:41 PM

"Now that is what I am talking about." Giovanni grinned from ear to ear as he got off the carriage. "This is much more like it, Mr. Valor. Pray, do tell us what to do. I am uhh... confused on what this cave is for." Giovanni looked uneasily towards the group. The beastboy was now swinging his sword at the dragon. He's going to get impaled before he can even draw his weapon next time. Giovanni let out a deep breath. He wasn't exactly sure how well this group was going to hold up, but he didn't really care. He wanted to get the job out of the way. There was little questioning that disputes would arise.

Stepping towards the mouth of the cave near Filius, Giovanni took a deep breath. The heat coming from the dragon could be felt from feet away. "Ah, your dragonness, do not worry. I have an uncanny skill for finding my way through caves. Many experiences I have had." He smiled. No way he was getting on the bad side of this guy.

...V HAS COME TO...

dQqhfU.gif

ngoahxS.jpg

#54 Valor

Valor

Valorous

• Monarch
  • 3,874 posts
  • This is My Design

User's Awards

Posted 27 November 2011 - 04:37 PM

Charles was busy fingering the sharp gouges that Filius' claws made into the dash. He wasn't aware that such a fierce looking guy could be so skittish over mere driving. He chuckled a little bit to himself. He blinked and turned to Tynar as he finished speaking.

"I don't let anyone look at my map. Not after last time." He told the cosplayer sternly.

He rubbed his head gently and sighed, "And I'll uh... take the muffler comment under suggestion, I guess." He continued.

He didn't really know much of Tynar, but he figured the man was still tipsy from the wine and... juice he had just drank. Maybe he should have told him they were full up. He turned towards the cave as the carriage arrived and the rest of the crew disembarked.

He wandered towards the cave mouth, pulling the hat from his head and noticing the large claw shaped hole in it. He sighed and tossed it back into the car, reassuring Filius that it wasn't a big deal and could be easily mended later.

Tanner questioned his motives, and he turned towards him a bit as he pretended to skewer Filius.

"This cave should lead the way to an ancient city of sorts. We need to find the key first. It's somewhere in the middle of the cavern. Again, please don't slay Filius. He's likely to be the only dragon we see on this trip if we're lucky." Charles continued, fishing a small pocket lighter from his pouch with the initials CV inscribed on it.

With a flick of his thumb a small orange flame began to glow. He wandered into the mouth of the cavern and soon disappeared into darkness.

#55 Dion

Dion

Knight

• Knight
  • 2,565 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 04:42 PM

"You can use one of my arrows as a torch, Mr. Valor! They're indestructible but they function as torches pretty well." Giovanni called out as Valor stepped into the cave. He pulled out one of his arrows from his waist and made a gesture of handing it to Charles. "So, we're going to have to find a city? What kind of city? An ancient civilization? Or a high tech one?" Giovanni had to control his excitement. He did not want to annoy Valor with all the questions. He could feel his heart pounding already and they hadn't even stepped into the cave.

...V HAS COME TO...

dQqhfU.gif

ngoahxS.jpg

#56 The Dream

The Dream

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,967 posts
  • ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Posted 27 November 2011 - 07:36 PM

Luca heard Tynar offer some bacon jerky while everyone waited for the boy that summons the horses with a carriage, Tanner. Seeing the pieces of dried pork, Luca's stomach started to quietly rumble. Groping her stomach with one hand, she frowned at the ground and cursed to herself. "Damn it, should've eaten something" she mumbled so no one could hear, hopefully.

Looking back up and removing her hand, Luca smiled and walked over to Tynar and took a few pieces of Jerky with her hand that wasn't holding her guitar. "I was getting a little hungry" she didn't even bother with a thank you before she shoved the dried meat into her mouth. Quickly chewing it and swallowing the whole lot, she heard her stomach complain again. Oh come on! Why do I have to have a fat persons appetite.

She turned to Tynar and smiled before saluting him. "Ah, nice food" she said before looking at her guitar and playing a random relaxing jazzy tune that sounded like it was originally a piano piece. It still sounded pleasing to the ears on the guitar, but if there was a piano around, Luca would've used that instead.

------

After a while, the carriage appeared and Tanner started to pretend to slay Filius. Luca raised an eyebrow before rolling her eyes. Seriously? The guy is that childish..... Hah, I shouldn't judge. I would've pounced on Filius as a hello if I was Tanner. Though....I would probably end up being cooked extra crispy.

She looked to Valor who then described what buisness they had with the cave. He spoke of some ancient city and them having to find a key in the cavern.

"Ooh, I hope getting the key is harder than just walking up to it and swiping it. I need some excitement" she spoke, grinning and already guessing lots of other people were praying against what Luca wanted.

She continued to softly play her relaxing and jazzy tune on her guitar and got ready to follow Valor behind everyone else. She looked at the man with the Italian accent and smirked to herself as he went on like a little child asking questions. She had to admit as well, though, she too wanted to know about their destination.

TheDreamEX.png

tumblr_n6lpksz2V81sfgfh0o1_500.gif

Gif not by me

A little one

#57 Guest_Griever_*

Guest_Griever_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 November 2011 - 08:33 PM

Zepheria silently follows behind Valor, as they prattle on about some city and a key. She reaches for her blade and holds it tightly in one hand, the gun in the other. She scans the entire area for something amiss and already she feels this might get fun.

"Is there anything in here we should be worried about?"

Damn well knowing there's something in this cave.

Edited by Valor, 27 November 2011 - 10:40 PM.

#58 Dexel Hydagara

Dexel Hydagara

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,310 posts
  • Arcade Adept

Posted 27 November 2011 - 09:08 PM

Conall looked up as Filius and Val seemed to notice the marks as well, and thought nothing of the small outburst of chatter and merely looked over in Filius' direction. The sound of horses soon signaled the arrival of the others, and he watched with a plain expression as Tanner, in another act of bold stupidity, got out of the carriage and pretended to slay Filius.

Conall then watched Valor step up to the mouth of the cave, the man with a strange accent and the odd woman who was passing out scones following, and quickly walked up to them. Looking out at the surrounding area and not liking it already, Conall reached for the handle of his sword, Cogadh, and pulled it out of its sheath before placing a hand on the blade, saying the incantation he had in mind aloud as he ignored everything else around him, "Ingens flamma, tendunt mihi dicere, mihi ferre potestate vestra."

When he finished the incantation, Conall drew his hand away as the blade grew bright red, and small embers arose on it, giving him a small light in case he got separated from everyone in the dark. The imbuement on the blade would last for a good while if they somehow avoided heavy combat. He simply held the sword in one hand, off to his side a little, where it wouldn't accidentally bump into someone.

Edited by Dexel, 27 November 2011 - 10:09 PM.

2j87ib.jpg

#59 qster

qster

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,216 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 10:06 PM

Tanner reeled his blade back to him after Filius grabbed it mid stab, snarling at him and then adding heat to the blade as it returned to him. So far, he could only assume that Filius was naturally this serious, a quality that could destroy a relationship between people if they were serious too often. He simply walked away, seeing as the others were entering a dark cave while Valor led the way. During this part of the journey, he would attempt to stay as far from Filius as possible, hoping that the upright reptile would forgive him later and learn to relax a little.

Montressor kept his eyes peeled for any signs of movement ahead of the group, keeping his short sword at his hip as he scanned his surroundings. His arm brushed against something, which caused him to swing his sword instinctively, only to hit a stalagmite which caused the blade to rebound and fall to the ground a short distance behind him. He blushed as he retrieved the blade and cleared his throat, hoping that no one thought he was afraid.

"I'm not scared or anything, just ready to slice something already. Warrior's twitch got the better of me right there. You know, that feeling of fire in your belly when you just have to slice at something, even if it is a rock? That happens way too often with me, but rest assured that you all will remain safe under my care. You have my protection, guaranteed." Montressor smiled, trying to bring confidence to the group while making himself look better.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Posted Image

#60 Valor

Valor

Valorous

• Monarch
  • 3,874 posts
  • This is My Design

User's Awards

Posted 27 November 2011 - 10:50 PM

Charles shook his head at Giovanni's suggestion to use his arrows as torches.

"It shouldn't be necessary once we head far enough in. As for the city, it could be one of those things, I'm pretty sure. The key on the other hand... we'll know it when we find it." Charles said as he continued to press forward with his lighter out in front of him. It didn't cast much light, but he knew there was likely nothing to be worried about in the cavern just yet.

A loud noise rang out behind him, causing him to drop his lighter to the ground. He fumbled around in the darkness for it. He finally picked it up and cast an unseen glare back towards Tanner. He muttered something awfully unpleasant under his breath and gave the small device another flick of the thumb. The flame sputtered to life once more.

"I don't think we should be worried, Zepheria. These parts of the cavern are pretty low on life. It's a bit too warm for the grinalis to be making their dens in here, so we're safe on that count." Charles continued, his voice echoing through the winding caverns.

The pressed on just a bit further before coming to something of a wide open chamber in the cave with an awfully high ceiling. A strange silver light illuminated the area, and Charles flicked off his lighter. He entered the area and looked straight up. There was a small circular shape carved out of the rocky cavern ceiling here, and it seemed to perfectly fit the spherical shape of the glimmering moon high up above. Its gentle light shone down upon them.

Charles plucked the map from his bag, and being sure no one was looking at him, he unfurled it very slightly.

"This should be the spot where the key is located." he said with a furrowed brow and began looking around the room.

Upon first glance, there seemed to be nothing spectacular about the room. Aside from the ability of the moon's light to enter the room. The rock walls are jagged, perhaps as if they were hand carved. The floor is slick and rather solid. There appear to be some sort of fungus-like growths around the edges. They have caps, sort of like a mushroom. Except they're very small and don't smell very appetizing. A pair of black bat-like creatures are snoozing quietly near the top of the cavern.

Along the western wall are a series of holes carved into the solid stone. They are about human-fist sized. Nothing very key-like jumps out at anyone as they first look at the room. Charles is looking under a rather rugged stone off on the side, just out of the glow of the moon.

Edited by Valor, 27 November 2011 - 11:20 PM.