• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 Dion

Dion

Knight

• Knight
  • 2,565 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 08:02 PM

The ever so anticipated Gear Rising has been handed over to Platinum Games for development. Yes, those idiots that made Bayonetta. Disappointing? Immensely. The game doesn't even look like its part of the Metal Gear canon anymore. Automatically, its been placed among the spin offs along with Acid and the likes. Why am I reacting like this? Well, because of THIS. Watch that trailer and tell me with a straight face that its not something out of an indie 80s movie. I just gaped my mouth and said what the fu-- as I watched it. -_- Thoughts, guys? Anyone else's excitement for the game ruined?

...V HAS COME TO...

dQqhfU.gif

ngoahxS.jpg

#2 Kingroy

Kingroy

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 10:35 PM

I don't even...I don't even know how to feel lol...

Seriously. I was actually sticking to the game until Raiden came in like "pfft lets fudge something up"

O_o I'm not thrown by it as a potential buy but I'm not sold :<.

Also as a metal gear fan...

Makes me wonder why the actual resources and crap didn't go to cyborgs instead of super tanks...Raiden effing cut that Metal Gear Ray in half. WTF TYPE SHET IS THAT?

[Today 07:02 PM] Kingroy: <.<
[Today 07:02 PM] Crimson Jazz: I know right!?!
[Today 07:02 PM] Kingroy: >.>
[Today 07:02 PM] Tengo Cash: Beiber is the man

Screw You ↑ You ↖ You ↗ You ↙ You → You ↓ You ↩ You ↪ You ↬ You ↫ You ↪ You ↩ You ↲ You ↯ You ↱ You ↰ You ↷ You ↳ You ↶ You ↴ You ↵ & You ↺

#3 qster

qster

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,216 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 12:18 PM

I've officially lost all hope in this game. First of all, it now appears that it is taking place in the future, which totally destroys the MGS timeline, especially since Vamp died in 4. Also, the game has gone full on hack-and-slash and the precision cut is either completely out or is barely used in the trailer. They also gave him way too much strength when you compare him to even how he was in 4.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Posted Image

#4 Lexaeus

Lexaeus

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,713 posts
  • Naturally Hated by All

Posted 11 December 2011 - 12:34 PM

Yeah, I lost my appeal in this game. I was looking forward to robot man + katana + precision cut + slight not possible things, not robot man + katana + arcade style slashing + do things that are (questionable) not possible. (srsly, a whole metal gear cut in half with a katana? Some physics are missing there. How am I the player supposed the believe that?) Raiden is not a character to just believe in like Bayonetta. Nobody much likes him anyway so lets make a game that is super cool so if he is a good character we'll learn that while playing a really cool and good game that uses precision cut like a boss. But no.

Zanca327.png

“Sorrow can be alleviated by good sleep, a bath and a glass of wine.” - Saint Thomas Aquinas

#5 Maru

Maru

Page

• Squire
  • 201 posts
  • R.I.P. AnimeCrazy.net

Posted 12 December 2011 - 02:38 PM

Not surprised at the criticism Rising is getting with the direction it is going in now.I'm reserving my judgement until I have played it.

1xh6ju2xhdiv2z9lsom.jpg

"One must always plan a few moves ahead in battle." -Char Aznable

#6 Lexaeus

Lexaeus

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,713 posts
  • Naturally Hated by All

Posted 12 December 2011 - 03:33 PM

Look, Rising was going to offer a new experience, set in the MGS world.

Now its a stylish, yet similar to other games experience, set in the MGS world.

I'm mad because they have chosen not to innovate.

Zanca327.png

“Sorrow can be alleviated by good sleep, a bath and a glass of wine.” - Saint Thomas Aquinas

#7 kiondhyg

kiondhyg

Page

• Page
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 04:08 AM

Yeah, I lost my appeal in this game. I was looking forward to robot man + katana + precision cut + slight not possible things, not robot man + katana + arcade style slashing + do things that are (questionable) not possible. (srsly, a whole metal gear cut in half with a katana? Some physics are missing there. How am I the player supposed the believe that?) Raiden is not a character to just believe in like Bayonetta. Nobody much likes him anyway so lets make a game that is super cool so if he is a good character we'll learn that while playing a really cool and good game that uses precision cut like a boss. But no.

To begin with, it now seems that it's happening later on, which totally destroys the MGS timeline, especially since Vamp died in 4. Also, the overall game went complete hack-and-slash and also the precision cut is either completely out or perhaps is barely utilized in a clip.

#8 Secret Igshar

Secret Igshar

Pwner of Noobs

• Monarch
  • 3,796 posts
  • your worst nightmare

User's Awards

Posted 07 March 2012 - 05:33 PM

I think it still looks cool. I mean after you beat the opponents you can cut them up into little pieces. That's something, right?

Also man that new title. Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance.

Does not get any cooler than that, bro. No cooler.

a5g7ld.gif

Kingroy: ( 4:40 PM - 02/10/14) u can't own black people

Kingroy: ( 4:40 PM - 02/10/14) #ThanksLincoln

#9 Maru

Maru

Page

• Squire
  • 201 posts
  • R.I.P. AnimeCrazy.net

Posted 01 June 2012 - 02:23 PM

A new trailer for Rising was released last night on the GameTrailers show, here is. ^_^ 2ONT6-8B94Y

1xh6ju2xhdiv2z9lsom.jpg

#10 Dion

Dion

Knight

• Knight
  • 2,565 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 04:18 PM

A new trailer for Rising was released last night on the GameTrailers show, here is. ^_^ 2ONT6-8B94Y

Okayyyyy. Faith officially restored. Pretty kick ass gameplay. But the trailer still sucks like shit.

...V HAS COME TO...

dQqhfU.gif

ngoahxS.jpg

#11 qster

qster

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,216 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 06:25 PM

I'll admit, I'm rather impressed and my faith is restored. The trailer is okay at best, but I can't help but think that the graphics are WORSE than MGS4. Maybe that's just me. The gameplay, all absurdity beside, looks impressive and I'm happy to see that precision cut is back. Can't wait to see who that villain is either.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Posted Image

#12 Dion

Dion

Knight

• Knight
  • 2,565 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 08:29 PM

I'll admit, I'm rather impressed and my faith is restored. The trailer is okay at best, but I can't help but think that the graphics are WORSE than MGS4. Maybe that's just me. The gameplay, all absurdity beside, looks impressive and I'm happy to see that precision cut is back. Can't wait to see who that villain is either.

MGS4 was one of the most intricately detailed games ever in terms of graphics. Let's not forget that it took 4 installs to even play the game. Oh and the game BARELY even fit on a 50 Gig Blu Ray >__>; I don't think a game will be topping MGS4 in terms of graphics anytime soon x_x

...V HAS COME TO...

dQqhfU.gif

ngoahxS.jpg

#13 Kingroy

Kingroy

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 09:29 AM

@Dion Well if it's not by Kojima <.<. Lol Dat Fox Engine

Also more info:

Metal Gear Rising Details - Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance (Xbox 360) - IGN Video

[Today 07:02 PM] Kingroy: <.<
[Today 07:02 PM] Crimson Jazz: I know right!?!
[Today 07:02 PM] Kingroy: >.>
[Today 07:02 PM] Tengo Cash: Beiber is the man

Screw You ↑ You ↖ You ↗ You ↙ You → You ↓ You ↩ You ↪ You ↬ You ↫ You ↪ You ↩ You ↲ You ↯ You ↱ You ↰ You ↷ You ↳ You ↶ You ↴ You ↵ & You ↺

#14 Dion

Dion

Knight

• Knight
  • 2,565 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 11:34 AM

So Ninja Theory has been pretty quiet about this game lately. Not sure if good or bad. I'm still waiting to see if the precision cut system will be implemented, since it seemed like it would be a nice addition to the game itself.

...V HAS COME TO...

dQqhfU.gif

ngoahxS.jpg

#15 The Dream

The Dream

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,967 posts
  • ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Posted 16 January 2013 - 02:06 AM

So we got some more gameplay for this baby. I personally am excited for the new game and I don't see much reason for it to be screwed up. It's just gone in a different direction with gameplay and has followed a different branch in the series. Not only that I don't mind the exit of Snake, why? Because you can only use Snake so much before he gets overused. That's my opinion though.

The release date is February 19 2013.

Edited by The Dream, 16 January 2013 - 02:38 AM.

TheDreamEX.png

tumblr_n6lpksz2V81sfgfh0o1_500.gif

Gif not by me

A little one

#16 Lexaeus

Lexaeus

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,713 posts
  • Naturally Hated by All

Posted 16 January 2013 - 04:25 AM

I seriously don't like what happened to Raiden. He was ready to retire with a kid and soon to be wife. Now he has to be all this "badass" (if you can call it that). Too big of a change for me. I've seen an interview of this director, he thinks he some badass which is why his games are so good. Putting words in his mouth, but his attitude needs an altitude change. Bayonetta was good but not because he's such a good director of being a badass or whatever. BADASS.

Zanca327.png

#17 The Dream

The Dream

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,967 posts
  • ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Posted 16 January 2013 - 07:01 AM

I seriously don't like what happened to Raiden. He was ready to retire with a kid and soon to be wife. Now he has to be all this "badass" (if you can call it that). Too big of a change for me. I've seen an interview of this director, he thinks he some badass which is why his games are so good. Putting words in his mouth, but his attitude needs an altitude change. Bayonetta was good but not because he's such a good director of being a badass or whatever. BADASS.

So then the problem you have with this game is which direction the director is taking it? Who knows though the story might be more in depth than it appears with this whole future stuff. I will admit yeah it is pretty eh since he had a nice life set for him, then all this shows up which just disrupts the timeline but as I just said the story might be more in-depth than it appears. Raiden seems to just get some kind of adversity everywhere. Also looking at all these games you kinda have to admit Snakes epic life seems pretty loaded already, then we have ground zero popping up (with that said I'm complaining about that game).

I guess we really can't say much about the story right now though. First the game has to come out out then judgment on how this new director plays with Raiden can actually be made.

TheDreamEX.png

Gif not by me

A little one

#18 Lexaeus

Lexaeus

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,713 posts
  • Naturally Hated by All

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:58 AM

So then the problem you have with this game is which direction the director is taking it? Who knows though the story might be more in depth than it appears with this whole future stuff. I will admit yeah it is pretty eh since he had a nice life set for him, then all this shows up which just disrupts the timeline but as I just said the story might be more in-depth than it appears. Raiden seems to just get some kind of adversity everywhere. Also looking at all these games you kinda have to admit Snakes epic life seems pretty loaded already, then we have ground zero popping up (with that said I'm complaining about that game).

I guess we really can't say much about the story right now though. First the game has to come out out then judgment on how this new director plays with Raiden can actually be made.

Wait, Ground Zero is probably going to go be awesome. It has Naked Snake/Big Boss instead of Solid Snake as its protag, set way before mgs4. Why you raging on that one?

Zanca327.png

#19 The Dream

The Dream

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,967 posts
  • ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Posted 16 January 2013 - 11:23 PM

Wait, Ground Zero is probably going to go be awesome. It has Naked Snake/Big Boss instead of Solid Snake as its protag, set way before mgs4. Why you raging on that one?

I'm not raging on Ground Zero O.o I'm looking forward to it. I'm using in an example as how full of a life some characters have. Big Boss has a really epic and full life which becomes even more fatter with stories when the addition of Ground Zero is brought in. With that example I tried to explain that Raidens life having this addition shouldn't open a valve with MGS fans. Of course the fact that he had simple life planned AFTER MGS4 which was to be the end of his "epicness" can pretty much bite you in the tush.. This doesn't mean making him one of those characters who have tons of stuff going on isn't possible though (his life is pretty loaded already though, yeah). Why? Because like I had said, there might be more to the story than what we believe so far :<

TheDreamEX.png

Gif not by me

A little one

#20 Maru

Maru

Page

• Squire
  • 201 posts
  • R.I.P. AnimeCrazy.net

Posted 18 January 2013 - 03:18 PM

Here is a new trailer featuring the boss fights with Desperado's members. http://www.shacknews...r-brings-bosses

Edited by Maru, 18 January 2013 - 03:23 PM.

1xh6ju2xhdiv2z9lsom.jpg