294 replies to this topic

#1 Secret Felix

Secret Felix

Knight

• Knight
  • 823 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 12:12 AM

Posted Image

Waking up is never easy. Yet one cannot sleep forever, regardless of how fascinating the dream may be.

Within the grand city of Chelytos, one of the most breathtaking places to watch the sunrise is inside the Oasis Rosarum. The fresh morning dew acts as an uncountable number of prisms, each scattering the early morning sunlight and causing it to dance whimsically among the seven thousand glistening roses.

At the center of this oasis, there grows a colossal rose bush. Its age and origin have long been forgotten, and some say it predates even the city itself. Tucked away on the northern side of this immense plant stands a gazebo. Seven benches line its perimeter, while a pale alabaster fountain rests at its center. The fountain depicts a small child desperately chasing after an even smaller rabbit. At its apex hangs a bell that time has blessed with a crimson patina.

A solitary woman sat awestruck on the northwestern bench, seemingly enchanted by the dawn's performance. Within the privacy of the gazebo, she slowly took a deep breath of the rose scented air. As a gentle breeze blew through her long, blonde hair, the ruby colored bell gently chimed. In an instant, she was gone — replaced by a black marble bishop.

As the sun slowly creeps higher in the sky, the city begins to prepare to for the coming day.

Those who awake on this fine morning will find they are posed with a task that will change their life. On a table in their house, a simple scroll sits. An ornate seal of wax keeps it bound into a roll. If opened, one would find the following written in an elegant script:

"Oh slumbering souls,

Your world is unraveling, and it is time for you to wake up. For far too long you have known only of the plane which encompasses you. This world has nurtured you and allowed you to grow into who you are today. Now is the time to return the favor to this land.

The mission which I present you with could best be described as diplomatic espionage. The place you must infiltrate is only as dangerous as you make it out to be, but I cannot promise your safety. Those interested should seek out gazebo in the Oasis Rosarum that houses the fountain. I shall meet you there today, at precisely six in the afternoon.

As for a reward, I can promise you neither power or knowledge. Yet, I can promise you change. Upon accepting this request, a near infinite number of possibilities will open up before you. This is your one chance to escape the mundane; to escape the shackles that bind your soul to this lifeless plane. Do not take this chance for granted.

Thasia"

Edited by Artemis, 18 December 2011 - 10:11 PM.

Posted Image

#2 Sodomize-it Soro

Sodomize-it Soro

Squire

• Squire
  • 714 posts
  • Keeper of Butts

User's Awards

Posted 15 December 2011 - 04:45 AM

Elizabeth woke with a start as she heard the front door of the apartment close. Probably just Anthony going to work. She turned and looked at the clock; it was already 2 pm. Hmm... Anthony should already be at work. Elizabeth sighed and sat up in her bed. Guess I'd better investigate. She stood up and went out to the kitchen, from where she could easily see the rest of the apartment.

"Is someone in here?" she called to the empty apartment; there was no answer. I'm being ridiculous. I probably just imagined the door. Elizabeth stood in the kitchen for a moment. Her stomach then emitted a rather loud rumble. She opened the door to the refrigerator and found only a gallon of milk. She went to peruse the pantry with a sigh, where she thankfully found some cereal. She poured some into a bowl, but when she started pouring the milk, it came out in thick chunks that just splattered over the cereal and over the countertop. Elizabeth checked the date on the milk; it read Best before 13 June 2249.

"God dammit, Anthony," Elizabeth grumbled. I guess I'll have to go out and buy something. Elizabeth paused, wondering if she should take a shower. She decided against it; what did she care if people were offended by her odor? She was starving, and she didn't want to have to wait much longer to eat.

Elizabeth returned to her room to get ready to go out. She pulled on her clothes and grabbed the credit card tied to Anthony's bank account. She opened the box that held her mother's necklace; she picked it up and held it in her hand for a moment. A sealed scroll that had been sitting next to the box then caught her eye.

"What the..." Elizabeth wondered aloud. She took the scroll and opened it. She scanned through it quickly, and then once more, not quite comprehending what she had read the first time. It was all very interesting, but she couldn't understand why she would be asked to attend, and who this "Thasia" could be. Still, at the very least this event would offer more enjoyment than anything else in this dreadful city.

Elizabeth decided she would first eat and then make her way to the . She fastened her necklace around her neck, and started to walk to the front door. She paused in the kitchen, grabbed a pen and the shopping list, and quickly scrawled "FOOD" on it for Anthony before leaving through the front door to get some lunch.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Oasis Rosarum finally came into Elizabeth's sight, and she was glad that her journey was over. She had underestimated just how long a walk it was, and now her feet were killing her.

Making her way through the Rosarum, Elizabeth eventually came upon the gazebo mentioned in the scroll. She was early and it appeared that no one else was here yet, for which Elizabeth was glad. Elizabeth meandered over to one of the stone benches and sat down, relieved to finally be off her feet.

#3 The Dream

The Dream

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,967 posts
  • ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Posted 15 December 2011 - 05:14 AM

(Post looked really long and you don't really need to read this part much :x)
Spoiler

A small digital clock made out of plastic that had been spray painted silver started to make loud yet clear sounds in a decently sized room. It had a timer which made it automatically tune into the frequency of a popular radio station and start to transmit the sounds from the said radio station. On this fine morning, a song preformed by a popular band was playing on the radio station. The song itself was also popular among those that even hated the band. It was sung by a band consisting of people in their early twenties. There was a male vocalist, a female drummer, two male guitarists and female guitarist who could also play the keyboard and piano.

Under the digital clock was a stylish metal and glass side table. It had one wide, thick and curved steel strip that was welded onto wide steel circle. On top of the metal strip was a glass circle only slightly smaller than the metal circle. This modern looking piece of furniture was next to an average and very messy queen sized bed. The bottom bedsheets were slightly ruffled and bundled around the middle of the bed. There were two white pillows on the bed, one slipping off the side and the other underneath a blue thin blanket. Also, underneath this blanket, was a fiery haired girl whos grey, crystal like eyes were slowly being revealed.

The woman was laying on her stomach and had a nice physique, many would be jealous of her body. Her red hair was spread as far as it could be spread along the bed towards the left of the bedroom. Her head was on its side and her face was facing the right side of the bedroom. She was wearing nothing but blue frilled underwear and a blue frilled bra. All you could see, however, were her smooth legs with a decent amount of distance from them as well as her silky arms reaching out to the top of the bed and her head. These were the only body parts not covered by her blanket. Letting out a small groan, she then yawned and then slowly got up on all fours on the bed. Rubbing the back of her head, she then turned her head to the small digital clock and smiled. When the chorus was played again, the girl jumped up to her feet and started to sing along.

"Because baby it's a brand new daaaaaaay! Aye Aye! Yeah it's a brand new daaaaaaay! Aye Aye! Oh baby it's a brand new daaay! And right now everybody wants to see your, your, your, yes your beautiful face!" The girl sang loudly, proudly and badly, shaking her wild and fiery red hair as she did. As she sang she didn't notice that her bedroom door was wide open and the three older men, consisting of his father and his friends who were like fathers, lived with her were are the door laughing at her.

"Hey! Is a cat dying or something?" the man with black hair said, sticking his pinky finger into his ear and pretending to clean it. "I don't know. Every time that girl sings with her morning voice I think a poor cat that hears her voice dies" a man with brown hair said, chuckling after her said so. "Aw, Ronni isn't that bad. My little girl just needs to remember to sort out her voice in the morning before becoming a cat murderer" the man with red hair darker than the girls, standing between the two men, finally spoke before laughing as well.

Soon, the girl, Ronni, stopped singing and turned around and saw the men before going slightly red with embarrassment. "Hey! Get out of here ya drunken sea dogs!" she shouted before grabbing the nearest pillow on the bed and throwing it towards he men. They ran off laughing as soon as the man with red hair got hit. There right though, Ronni had a horrible croaking morning voice until she brushed her teeth and gargled some water.

Shaking her head, Ronni chuckled and jumped off the bed. Her feet hitting the blue carpet that was no longer soft. Around her feet were different pieces of clothing and a few undergarments as well as a few books. The red head yawned once more and stretched before grabbing a pair of baggy grey pants on the floor and slipping them on. She grabbed a tight black t-shirt and put that on as well before walking out of her room.

She walked into the bathroom opposite her room and admired the single coral blue strip of tiled was central on all the walls in the bathroom. Around the blue tiles were clean white tiles that matches the tiles on the floor. Ronni walked towards the bathroom counter opposite the towel rack. She turned on the water tap to make it run icy cold water. Pushing her hair behind her ears, she then collected up some of the water in her hands before carefully throwing it onto her face.

The sudden feeling of cold water frightened her slightly until she rubbed her face with her hands. Cleaning the corner of her eyes, she then yawned again before turning on the warm water tap. She rubbed a little bit of that to warm her face up. Ronni looked up to the mirror on the medicine cabinet and them mumbled gibberish, frustrated by her messy bed hair. Opening the cabinet, she grabbed her blue toothbrush and a tube of toothpaste. Squeezing some of the blue see-through toothpaste that had small blue minty strips in it, she then wet it slightly under the cold water tap and turned off both taps before brushing her teeth. Brush, spit, rinse, wipe your face, gargle. This was the daily routine Ronni had when it came to brushing her teeth.

She put the tooth brush and toothpaste tube back into the cabinet and turned to the towel rack behind her. She wiped her face before closing and locking the bathroom door. She undressed herself and opened the see through glass shower door before walking in. Turning on the taps, she shivered at the sudden feeling of warm water hitting her bare skin. Grabbing the shampoo when her hair was soaking wet, Ronni squeezed a generous amount of the rose scented shampoo on her head and started to clean her hair. She repeated with some rose scented conditioner when the shampoo had served its purpose and then grabbed a bar of soap as well as a shower glove. Rubbing some of the soap on the glove, she then cleaned herself with the glove. Her skin was smoother than before when she had finished.

Ronni turned off the shower and jumped out after ten minutes of getting herself clean. Grabbing her large red towel from the top of one of the glass shower walls, she then wiped all the water off herself and wrapped her body in the towel. She threw her previous clothes, that were on the ground, into a basket in the corner before walking out out of the bathroom and into her room.

She closed the door and got rid of her towel. Jogging to her door, Ronni grabbed her usual attire. A white hoodie, black jeans with a wallet chain and a black belt. She walked to a small set of draws next the wardrobe and pulled open one of them. Grabbing a pair of black underwear, thin black socks that would go up to her calf muscles, and a black bra, Ronni then started to dress herself up the all the items of clothing she had collected. Her undergarments being the first pieces to on first of course. When she was done, she walked out of her bedroom and into the kitchen.

No one was there. Her fathers would've probably retreated to their separate bedrooms to sleep some more. Ronni shook her head and walked to the fridge and glanced at the table in the kitchen. She didn't expect to see anything there, there never was anything there anyway. Strangely enough, though, this time was different. Something caught Ronni's eye. Something she wouldn't expect to see on her table, or anywhere else in her house. It was a scroll.

Odd..... Looking around, Ronni walked to the piece of rolled up paper and looked at it. She studied the wax seal and the details such as how large was the scroll while wondering just how strong was the paper. Finally, after five minutes of staring, she picked up the scroll, carefully removed the wax seal enough for her to unroll the scroll, then read it.

(Yeah sorry. Don't worry my other posts won't be this long. This is just and opening and I think I got a little....excited maybe? O.o)

TheDreamEX.png

tumblr_n6lpksz2V81sfgfh0o1_500.gif

Gif not by me

A little one

#4 Secret Igshar

Secret Igshar

Pwner of Noobs

• Monarch
  • 3,796 posts
  • your worst nightmare

User's Awards

Posted 15 December 2011 - 09:35 AM

Alexandria grumbled and batted the nose of her lab who tried to wake her up. She grumbled, "Yer nose is cold, James..." The dog barked and she groaned, sitting up in bed. Her hair fell loosely down the sides of her face, scattered about. She stretched and yawned and climbed out of bed. She looked down at James, who sat there, tongue flapping about as he panted. His food bowl was at his feet. Alexandria rolled her eyes and plucked the bowl from the floor. She shuffled out into the kitchen to feed the golden dog, hardly even half awake. "Thefuqtimeisit?" she muttered, glancing at the flashing numbers on the stove. [7:35] glared back at her in its glowing, neon brilliance. She dropped the filled bowl on the floor for her dog and slumped down at the kitchen table.

Her head fell forward, looking for any flat surface it could find to fall asleep. Instead of finding the table, however, it landed on something soft. Not one to complain about good fortune, Alexandria pulled the soft something closer and got comfortable. She fell back asleep while James munched away at his kibbles and bits.

Several hours later her eyes eased open to see the little, round face of Adelle, staring back at her. She squeaked and nuzzled Alexandria's nose. Alex giggled and said, "Good morning, Adelle." She sat up and stretched, wiping the drool from the side of her mouth. The clock now blared [10:47]. Much better. She looked down at her makeshift pillow and watched Adelle play with it for a while before she realized that it wasn't hers. It was an odd scroll with a wax seal. She had never seen anything like it before. She broke it open and perused the letter within. She looked to Adelle after she finished reading and asked, "Did the mail carrier bring this in?"

Adelle stared blankly and cheeped.

"Yeah, guess not. They don't use parchment for letters..." She held it up to the light leaking in through the far window and sighed. "Guess I should go, huh?"

Adelle continued staring and cheeped once more.

"You're right, Adelle. I should go. I have no idea who this Thasia lady is, but if she found it necessary to break into my apartment and leave this on my table, it must be important..." She looked to Adelle and asked, "...right?"

Adelle cheeped.

"Maybe I should just call the cops." When she got up to walk to the phone, however, she tripped and fell flat on her face on the cold, linoleum floor. She struggled to her feet and shouted, "Dammit, James! How many times I gotta tell you not to sleep next to my chair?"

James looked up at her, yawned, and fell right back asleep.

Alexandria threw her hands in the air, exasperated. "This is unbelievable! Fine, I'll go to this stupid thing. It's right near work, anyway. I'll just get off early and head over. What d'you think, Adelle?"

Adelle turned to face her, looked up with her beady little black eyes, and cheeped happily.

Alexandria nodded and dropped her hands to her hips. "You're right! It would be rude to turn down an invitation like this!" She dropped the scroll back to the table and rushed off to shower and get ready for work.

She headed off on a rather uneventful day of work, though she couldn't seem to locate Adelle before she left. She got to feed the tigers, today, which was one step up from the brontolizards she had been feeding for a week. When her watch told her that it was [5:30] she explained to her boss about a meeting she was to attend at 6. He let her leave without much fuss, as she had never taken leave early before, and he knew she would never do such a thing without good reason.

She changed out of her work clothes and into more casual ones, a t-shirt and cargo sweats, what she had worn to work that morning, and strolled out of the zoo. She crossed the street and trotted into the Rosarum, hands buried in her pockets. She had 9-1-1 dialed and ready in her phone in her right-hand pocket and she fiddled with her baggy of treats in the left-hand one.

She seemed to have arrived quite early, as she saw just one person sitting there, whom she imagined to be this Thasia woman. A smile brightened her features as she trotted over to the woman and tried to give her a great, big hug. She said, "Hello! My name's Alexandria! Great to meet you!" After the hug succeeded or failed, Alexandria would plop herself down right beside Elizabeth, sitting uncomfortably close to her. She would ask, "So are you Thasia?" She would be looking at Elizabeth. Alexandria's face would be but a few inches from the side of Elizabeth's.

#5 Valor

Valor

Valorous

• Monarch
  • 3,874 posts
  • This is My Design

User's Awards

Posted 15 December 2011 - 09:35 AM

[first part is all Griffin insanity. All you need to read is after the --- unless you enjoy said insanity]

Griffin pushed himself from his pillow with a sharp inhale. His squinted eyes scanned the room as he head swiveled on a lazy pivot. He grumbled something incoherent as he more or less oozed out of bed to the floor. He pushed himself to his shaky feet and stumbled forward, scratching his uncovered stomach haphazardly as he staggered to what was probably the kitchen of his small apartment. Through a window in his kitchen he saw the sunlight dance across the room as its owner rose into the sky. He pulled the blinds shut.

He ran his hands through his hair slowly, as they got caught in the tangled mess quite a bit during this simple motion. He tore the cupboard open and grabbed a cold breakfast pastry from the box - the last one - and opened the foil wrapping with his teeth as he tossed the discarded box towards the empty trash can (missing horribly as it landed among some other debris).

As he bit into the artificial strawberry filling he looked at the clock on the microwave. It was blinking 4:52. He paused, mid chew and began counting on his fingers. The microwave clock was off by two hours and thirty eight and a half minutes. He nodded, pretty sure he figured out what time it really was, and stumbled into a chair nearby as the foil wrapping of the pastry wafted delicately to the dingy floor.

He sniffed loudly and placed his elbows on the table. He blinked. That didn't feel like the table normally did. He brushed the table top with his non-pastry hand. Papers and envelopes scattered to the ground. He put his elbow on the table again. He blinked. Still didn't feel like table. He groaned and looked down at the table to see a weird scroll sitting there. He shoved the rest of his breakfast down his gullet and scratched his chin fuzz as he picked up the scroll.

He undid the seal and pulled it open slowly. Ugh, he thought. So many words. His eyes lazily scanned over the page.

He spoke aloud to himself the letter in a rather bored manner.

"Oh something something something... World unraveling, time to wake up, something about a compass plane. World grows you, blah blah blah, apparently owing favors to the land."

He scoffed loudly in his rather hard tone, "Cuz that makes sense."

"Let's see here... mission... espionage?"

He blinked. "Never seen any sort of junk mail asking me to be a spy. You have my attention, scroll."

The scroll seemed pleased, perhaps, as it allowed him to continue reading.

"Infiltrate, danger, something something safety. Uh huh. Ga... zz... bo Oasis Rosarum with that fountain. Gazzbo? What the hell? Six in the afternoon, huh?"

He looked at his hand. He had plenty of time. Especially since he was off today. He smiled at this fact. How serendipitous! He'd be able to be a spy today and maybe quit his barista gig. Again. He nodded. He realized there was more to the scroll. His eyes fell to the final paragraph.

"Reward!?"
He stopped reading and rolled up the scroll instantly upon seeing that word.

He tossed the scroll onto his couch, where it bumped into a few empty cans of soda and fell delicately onto the leather cushion.

He went to his bedroom and grinned, "Things are looking up! Finally someone has noticed my clear talents!"

His eyes widened "Oh man, I don't have a suit. Spies totally need suits!"

He ran to his mattress and with a quick heave pried the mattress upwards. He picked up a few coins that were littered underneath (for safe keeping) and tossed them onto his desk for now. He tore apart the rest of his apartment, but his findings in the way of money were... rather slim to say the least.

He slumped to the floor, "Five bucks? How is this possible!?" he groaned, falling on his back across his discarded clothing.

He sighed and went about getting ready, pulling on the closest thing he could find to a suit that he owned. A white shirt with a "sick" design, his black jacket, white tennis shoes, and pants. Pants were important, he realized, nearly calling the outfit complete beforehand.

Before he left his flat, he looked back into his rather messy studio apartment. He frowned and entered it again, looking over the myriad filth and messes about. He dug down into the couch cushion and retrieved a pair of black tinted glasses. He put them on and tugged on the collar of his jacket, figuring this was good enough, for now, for his spy ensemble. Maybe the person who left the scroll would loan him a bit of cash for a proper suit.

He left his apartment, shoved his hands into his pockets, and headed to the Rosarum.

----------

The Rosarum wasn't too far away, and Griffin had frequented it before during his stint as a vagabond guitar player. He sneezed violently as he entered, as he always did, casting an evil glare at the roses over the top of his spy glasses.

Even though nature tried to stop him, Griffin continued his quest across the small grassy field to the fountain. There were two girls near one of the benches that lined the area near the gazebo.

He looked around cautiously and wandered over near them, making sure to keep his composure. He sat on the next bench over from hers and put his elbows on his knees. He sniffled a bit, oh so casually, and glanced over to them.

"Do either of you have any idea what a 'gazzbo' is? It's pretty important spy business. I'm looking for one around here that's relevant to my mission." Griffin said, flashing a pearl white smile.

Edited by Valor, 15 December 2011 - 11:29 AM.

#6 Sodomize-it Soro

Sodomize-it Soro

Squire

• Squire
  • 714 posts
  • Keeper of Butts

User's Awards

Posted 17 December 2011 - 10:14 PM

Elizabeth sat frozen for a moment, having entered a state of slight shock from the hug. The hug itself would have been bad enough, but it was made even more uncomfortable because she was sitting and the girl had been standing.

After a few moments, Elizabeth collected herself and quickly stood up to distance herself from this very strange girl. "No, I am not Thasia," Elizabeth said flatly.

And then someone else arrived. Elizabeth watched the strange man as he walked over to one of adjacent benches and sat down. The words that came spewing out followed by his sickening smile nearly made her punch him in the face.

"It's gazebo. And this is it," Elizabeth replied coldly, gesturing to the structure behind them. She began to wonder just how challenging this mission spoken of in the letter could be if this man had been chosen to take part in it. Elizabeth sighed and resigned herself to the disappointment that she would inevitably have felt from the mundanity offered by whatever mission she was getting ready to undertake.

#7 Secret Igshar

Secret Igshar

Pwner of Noobs

• Monarch
  • 3,796 posts
  • your worst nightmare

User's Awards

Posted 17 December 2011 - 10:27 PM

Alexandria sighed. This girl was clearly not very friendly. She seemed upset by being close to Alexandria. Must have been the animal smell. She imagined she smelled like stanky animal farts. Those tigers were particularly rancid today. She raised her right arm and sniffed her armpit. She cringed violently and nearly vomited on the spot. That is not a pleasant smell. She figured it would be best to keep her arms down for the duration of this meeting, or whatever it was.

She discovered her new friend was not, in fact, Thasia, and that she was quite rude, making fun of the poor new fellow's speech impediment. She didn't even introduce herself.

Alexandria hopped to her feet and said, "Well hello, sir, my name is Alexandria
, by the way, but you can call me Alex. It's good to meet you. Are you here to meet Thasia, too? Why are you dressed like that? Do you usually dress like that? Oh, what's your name, by the way, if you don't mind me asking? Am I talking too much? I'll stop." She swallowed and realized she just asked quite a few questions in a short time. She would struggle to keep her mouth shut for long enough to allow the man to respond. If he took too long, she might burst out and start talking about the time when Adelle broke into the cupboard and stole a packet of treats.

#8 The Dream

The Dream

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,967 posts
  • ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Posted 17 December 2011 - 11:34 PM

Everyone looked at Ronni as she passed them on her roller blades, which her originally her black boots. The path she was taking had a few people walking along and that forced Ronni to limit her movements and roll at a slow pace. This frustrated her since it was a nice day for doing some stunts with her roller blades. Lucky for her, though, she soon came across an alleyway. Ronni grinned to herself and turned into the alleyway and changed her speed.

Ronni sped down the narrow math between the buildings, going up a few bits of scrapped cardboard that were leaning against rubbish bins like ramps, before flipping through the air and landing smoothly on the ground, not stopping once. Ronni came up to a trash can laying on its side. She smirked and jumped up onto the trash can for a brief moment. In the split second that Ronni was on the trash can when it started to roll backwards, Ronni leaped forward and quickly grabbed a drainpipe that was climbing up a building. She swung herself forward and smoothly landed on the ground, still continuing forward when she made contact with the wet alleyway ground.

She turned the corner again back onto a street, only this time there were less people walking along the pavements. She smiled and continued at her incredibly fast speed, narrowly avoiding a few pedestrians. Ronni continued to roller blade onwards to her destination, the Rosarum.

-----------------------

Soon the building that was the Rosarum appeared. Hm.... well now how long has it been since I've been here? Have I even visited this place before? ..... Well there's a first time for everything. Lets see what this mission was of diplomatic espionage was all about. Sounded dangerous, and fun. Plus I have nothing better to do with my life. Approaching the Rosarum, Ronni moved her feet to their sides to stop her from going any further. That plan failed when she she leaned too far to the side.

"Oh crap!" Ronni yelled as she slipped and fell onto the ground, her face softly scraping against the ground before she bounced up at least one centimeter high, then fell and landed with her face flat on the ground. She lay there for half a minute before rising up to her knees, silently wishing that no one saw her. She touched her face and quietly mumbled "ouch" when she felt pain of the impact and friction from her slip. Hope there's no mark there. Sadly though, Ronni didn't know was that there was a very big red mark all over her face to make her look like she was blushing.

Twisting her body slightly to look behind her, she then pressed a button on each of her roller blades that made the wheels on the boots turn to their sides and move into the slots on the soles of her roller blade boots, turning her roller blade boots into the pair of average boots. Getting up to her feet, she then walked into the Rosarum. Hope I'm not late. As Ronni walked into the Rosarum, she smiled and inhaled the fresh smell of the roses. Her dark red hair smelt the same as the roses, the only difference was that her hair wasn't a flower. She turned away from the flowers and saw the gazebo up ahead.

There were three people sitting there already, two girls and one man. Hmm... I wonder which one of them is Thasia....probably not the guy....wait....there is only on gazebo in the Rosarum right?. Ronni started feel a little worried but she kept a straight face, even though she looked ridiculous with the red mark that was covering it. She walked up the group and looked at each and everyone one of the people there..

"Uh....., is this place where we meet about this mission thing right? It don't know how many gazebos are in this place." Ronni scratched the back of her head after she spoke and waited to turn to someone that would answer her.

TheDreamEX.png

Gif not by me

A little one

#9 Valor

Valor

Valorous

• Monarch
  • 3,874 posts
  • This is My Design

User's Awards

Posted 18 December 2011 - 02:22 AM

Griffin stared at the rude girl who replied to him.

"Look, sweet cheeks, I know what the hell a gazebo is. If I meant I was looking for a gazebo, I'd sure as shit say I'm looking for a gazebo."

He glanced at Alex. She seemed nice enough. Especially compared to the other one. What little good mood he was in had been instantly shattered. He removed his glasses and folded them neatly before tucking them into his jacket's inner pocket.

"Why am I dressed like what? There's nothing wrong with my clothes. I don't know who the hell Thelsa or whatever is. I got some weird scroll thing that was promising a reward and I came here. My name is Griffin."

He shot his gaze to the rude one, "You got a name?"

He looked up as yet another girl entered the area. He sighed heavily, suddenly wishing he had tossed out the scroll like he did with most of his mail.

"Careful,"
he warned the new girl who approached and asked about the gazebo, "this one doesn't like people who talk about the gazebos here, apparently." he said, tossing a thumb in the girl's direction.

#10 Guest_Griever_*

Guest_Griever_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 December 2011 - 03:44 AM

Yule awakes as the sun come rising out into the sky, to brighten his room. With a heavy sigh, shirtless, he gets out of bed, grudgingly. Feeling as if he was being robbed being awake, he stands in front of the window, looking upon the steely sky as it encases the world below. His gaze pierces the deep blue as he bathes in the warmth of the light. He walks into the bathroom and stares in the mirror and smiles at himself gently. We'll get better, soon. He would always tell himself this everyday, believing it to be so.

He has said this every day since she died.

That tree... Yule was remembering his dreams, which were memories of a time she was still alive. He dreamed that that was when he fell off the near top branch and hit most of the branches on the way down. Remembered how she jumped off her branch and cushioned his fall, trading a dislocated shoulder for his life. He remembered awakening in the hospital to find her in a sling and his entire body thumping, like the drums of an orchestra. That very same tree he found out that she was sick and would lose her life soon. The tree he called "The Tree of Omens."

He closed his eyes to embrace the memories of her and climbed into the shower and cleaned up. When he stepped out of the steam filled bathroom, dry and clean, he dressed up in a off-black, semi-tight button up shirt that didn't travel too far down his waist, with a light gray undershirt and dressy black pants, with his favorite black dance shoes. He styled his hair a bit so it wouldn't be in front of his face. He parted the middle of his bangs and curved them off to either side a bit, which made him look much more professional. He curved off the rest of his hair on the sides, he decided it was kinda girly. He took a thin hair tie and pony tailed his hair, and left 2 long bangs on either side of his eyes.

After being 100% satisfied with how the way he looks, he puts on his red tie and his bracelets, no, her bracelets. As big as they were they weren't as girly as one would imagine bracelets to be, tho it fit his look perfectly. He pulls on his shades and walks out of the room. He eats the breakfast that was left for him by her family. A plate of pancakes and an omelette filled with bacon bits, red and yellow bell peppers, diced onions, jalapeno peppers and tomatoes, and on the side a blueberry muffin.

Yule gave a gentle smirk and quickly rewarmed the pancakes and omelette over the stove. He sat down and ate the delicious meal. Her family cared for him immensely, and there was never a morning they never had breakfast on the table for him, even after he moved off on his own. There was a note taped under the plate like always, full of encouragement or updates about everyone. It wasn't that Yule never wanted to see them, it was just hard for him to without crying.

Yu-Yu,

This is Cassie, mom wasn't able to make it today. Dad is off on a trip as you already know but I just wanted you to know that we all miss you. I know it's hard for you to talk and get close to anyone, but we really all think about you and... Well... I knew it's been awhile since it happened, but she was an amazing sister to both me and you, as well as an amazing friend. Yu, I found a piece of parchment on your table and I read it. I know I shouldn't have, since it was obviously for you. I just wanted to say I think you should check it out, We have all been able to keep going even with her being gone... But Yule you seem stuck... I understand entirely how hard it was when she left us, but Yule as the younger sister, I think you might find your answers if you take a journey. It sounds like it's dangerous... But I know you'll make it out ok. One thing Yu-Yu, it's entirely up to you if you decide to go and I will let mom and dad know what's going on if I don't find you sleeping in bed tomorrow, if for some reason... You decide not to come back... Please, let me know your ok! I can't lose my last sibling! I will come by every few days to make sure the place is clean. I know this might take a long time, but really Yu-Yu if for some reason this is the last time I get to say anything, and you will not be in our lives anymore, leave me a sign on a memory and I'll find it. I love you Yu-Yu and take care of yourself. mom dad and I will miss you!

Your little sister, who loves you with all her heart.

Cassie

P.S If you do leave a sign, leave us a note with the sign. I want something for us to remember you by... We love you.

P.S.S Don't forget to take your money with you!!!

Yule took off his sunglasses to wipe his blue pools which turned into waterfalls as the mention of how much they care and love him is read in the note. Taking a few minutes to let the note sink into his heart he turns and notice the parchment paper on top of the small table by the door. Yule reads the note thoughtfully, still a little choked up by Cassie.

All he had was extra school today, and he was very sure Cassie would take care of that on her own so he could take the time to relax before taking up the adventure. Yule decided Cassie was 100% right and he should take the journey. Yule did feel like he owed the planet his time with the whole family, and with her even if she wasn't here anymore. Yule looked at the inside of his apartment one more time and closed the door.

Cassie,

23-98-14-12-XX-XX-XX

You know what those numbers are and where it is. Take care of mom and dad, I love you guys, and thank you for everything. I will leave you a note at a memory if I won't come back...

Yuliach Guatire

P.S Sorry I have not been strong enough to see you all face to face these last few years. Give mom and dad a hug for me. I love you sis.

Having had a full day of relaxation, in his wait for the time of change to begin, Yule had a note inside a small ball as he passed the colossal rose bush, He sets the ball under the plant. This was his first memory of his new family, that plant had held a lot of memories actually, and felt it would be the perfect place to leave the note to his family. Yule didn't believe he would be coming back, and if he did he wouldn't make it soon. It was time to find his answers.

He headed off to look for the gazebo that wasn't too far from the bush. There was crowd there that seemed to be there for the same note he was. There was a guy with a bunch of girls in the group, who seemed to be irritated at one of them. He reaches upto his face subconsciously to be sure his glasses were still on, a common reaction when being around new people. He quietly walks around the group, almost like he didn't want them to know he or they existed. He finds a nearby good place to lean off of. He places his hands in his pocket and faces his head away from the others, looking downwards.

Edited by Griever, 18 December 2011 - 05:25 AM.

#11 The Dream

The Dream

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,967 posts
  • ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Posted 18 December 2011 - 05:08 AM

Ronni looked at the man that answered her and frowned slightly. He didn't give her much of an answer that would make her sure that she was in the right place, but it would have to do. She looked at the person that the man spoke about not being too fond of speaking about the gazebos. "Uh huh....Well that's uh....I'll watch my mouth them" Ronni turned away from the woman and shook her head.

She sighed after she had done that and then sat down on one of the stone benches close to the group. Guess this is the place then. This is an odd group. One guy that looks like he's kinda dressed up in some excuse for a suit. An apparently rude girl and some other girl that seems a bit like the most friendliest one there. Well, I shouldn't judge. Hey I'm a roller blading girl that beats up and captures people that have targets on their back, not even a real job in this day age. Bah! Who cares, it put food on the table for me, plus I get more money than some guy working at a supermarket.

Ronni started to ramble in her thoughts before she noticed a man in the corner of her eye. She shook a little, frightened by the sudden appearance of the man. Was that guy always there!? Ronni placed her hand on her chest at the sudden fright before letting out a deep breath. She looked down at the ground before flicking her eyes back to the man. He had glasses and a stylish outfit, well to Ronni it was stylish. Hm....what's he doing all the way over there? Probably shy. Maybe should go talk to him, these guys seem a little occupied with each other, but then maybe he'll come over here later. Shy people, I'll never understand them.

After debating with herself as to whether she should talk to the man or not, Ronni finally decided she would at least say hello to him. Getting up from her seat she placed her hand in her pockets and walked up to the man. "Hey. You here about the mission stuff too?" she asked him, hoping she could start some conversation instead of sitting alone and watching the other three talk amongst themselves, which she had a feeling would happen.

TheDreamEX.png

Gif not by me

A little one

#12 Guest_Griever_*

Guest_Griever_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 December 2011 - 05:36 AM

"Hey. You here about the mission stuff too?"

Yule was fidgeting just ever so slightly, with his feet when the question was asked to him. The fidgeting would immediately cease, and he would feel his nose and cheeks redden, as the woman asked him about the mission. Yule wouldn't look at her, already shy enough as it was that someone was talking to him, it was a girl, which made it that much more worse. He would continue looking at the ground and bow his head down a tiny bit lower.

He would take a few seconds, and smile warmly facing slightly away from her as he already was (though he was clearly not smiling face to face it was still a smile to her nonetheless) and shook his head yes. He stood straight up, and sat down. His knee's went straight to his face, which he buried the lower half of in. He gazed off toward the areas that were leveled below her calves.

Edited by Griever, 18 December 2011 - 05:43 AM.

#13 Secret Igshar

Secret Igshar

Pwner of Noobs

• Monarch
  • 3,796 posts
  • your worst nightmare

User's Awards

Posted 18 December 2011 - 10:07 AM

Griffin. Alexandria would remember that. She would also remember that the boy was incredibly rude.

Alexandria nearly jumped for joy as more and more friends arrived to the party. Another girl, who seemed a bit lost, and a guy who seemed to be mute. He would not be mute for long, Alexandria decided. She marched right up to the shy boy and squatted down in front of him, her face just inches from his. She extended her hand in greeting and said, "Hi! Nice to meet you! My name is Alexandria, but you can call me Alex! I think you should come hang out with everybody else instead of sitting all alone." She would try and pull him into a quick hug before saying, "Don't be shy! We..." She looked at Griffin and corrected herself, "I don't bite!" She hopped up and waddled back over toward where the rude girl was. The one who wouldn't even say her name.

She marched right up to the girl and balled her fists on her shoulders. She stopped quite a bit too close to her, and she would follow the girl, should she try and back away. She would not give up until their noses were hardly a hair's breadth apart. She said, then, "You know you were very rude before. I introduced myself to you and then you did not introduce yourself to me and I just find that to be incredibly rude. You should apologize and introduce yourself to everybody. You and that guy," she motioned to the shy guy, "need to stop being loners and come join the fun times with the rest of the group!"

She did not realize that no one in this group besides her seemed to care very much about becoming friends with the others.

#14 Guest_Griever_*

Guest_Griever_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 December 2011 - 05:11 PM

Another energetic girl came to speak with Yule, whose face was red as the girls seemed to just keep coming. Being naturally shy to new people, and feeling kind of uncomfortable around girls made this really strange for him. The girl came right up to his face and he saw her and decided she was kinda cute. He looked up at both of them and decided they were both cute, and in their own way, kinda sweet...

She then hugged him really quick. Yule, smiled slightly and went on looking off to the side, blushing fiercely. Yule was very unsure how to return the hug, this feeling was something he hadn't experienced in years. The memories of his hugs with his family warmly swept through him, and his memories of her rushed into his head. Haven't experiencing the embrace of another for a very long time, being too shy and and too standoffish to do so. He returns her hug gently, standing them both up, and embraces her like one would embrace a long time friend gone for years feared to be dead. Not really letting her pull off immediately, he enjoys the hug for a few more seconds before letting her go.

The entire middle section of his face rose-red as he turns off to the side with an embarrassed kinda smile in his face. Frankly enjoying the moment, and if the girl would leave he would follow a couple of yards behind her.

#15 Ralor

Ralor

Knight

• Knight
  • 781 posts
  • A Musical Madman

Posted 18 December 2011 - 06:12 PM

Castor awoke suddenly, but not in a jolt. He glanced at the clock, then he jumped out of bed, took a quick shower, got dressed, and walked out into the living room. He ate some breakfast and as he went out to go on his daily walk, he caght sight of a strange scroll- much like the ones he read when researching the tales of old. Upon reading its contents, he suspected it was a joke, but decided to go anyways. Castor went out to the Oasis Rosarum.
-----
Upon arrival, he found quite a few others, apparently all called here by the same man. In an attempt to be sociable, he approached the conversation casually, smiled, and chimed in. "Hello, my fellow citizens! I suppose we were all called here by Thasia about this world-unraveling threat? Any information? What are we doing? What's the threat? Do we even know what's going on? Sorry if I'm a little shaken, the news that the world I love may or may not be DYING kinda got me a little shaken."

#16 Valor

Valor

Valorous

• Monarch
  • 3,874 posts
  • This is My Design

User's Awards

Posted 18 December 2011 - 09:09 PM

Griffin simply stared as more people entered. Another anti-social type perched across the area from him. He wondered how many people were just showing up for fun, and how many got the same scroll he did. He thought for a moment it would have been better to have read the entire thing now, but he decided it was definitely something that would have been a waste of time.

The girl, Alex, was bouncing around like a cricket on speed, and he was getting pretty sick of everyone he was forced to be in contact with. Still, the chance to be a spy didn't come along every day, and Griffin had hardly anything better to do for the rest of the night, so he decided he might as well just get used to it and try to drown the others out. He laid on his back on the bench and grumbled something quite uncalled for about Alex's enthusiasm and wanting people to join the "party". What a waste of time.

"The guy clearly doesn't want to talk to you. Just leave 'em alone already. There aren't any 'fun' times being had."

As if Griffin's patience hadn't already been stretched to a hair's breadth, another person wandered in and began talking about this Tasia person. Griffin shot the newcomer a rather annoyed look.

"Shut up." He said simply, "You ask too many questions and ain't no one here got any answers. Grab a seat and zip your lip. Getting all worked up over some stupid bit of mail."

He shut his eyes and exhaled, trying to quell the irritation that seeped through his body. He kept telling himself to behave and be quiet, but these people made that far too difficult.

#17 The Dream

The Dream

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,967 posts
  • ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Posted 18 December 2011 - 11:07 PM

Ronni smiled at the shy boy when he blushed and smiled, not right at her but still a smile. Aw what a cutie. She put her hands on her hips when he saw down. She wanted to sit down next to him, but then the friendly girl that was also very energetic greeted him. She raised an eyebrow and chuckled quietly to herself as she hugged him. Hm, Alex. Gotta remember that, she's the friendly one. Well then, one down, three to...

Ronni turned to the other man in the group and raised an eyebrow. What's his problem? Did a centipede crawl into his pants or something?. She looked at the newcomer that he snapped at, frowning at how rude the man was to the new guy. Seriously? What did he do? Kick your cat to the other side of the Rosarum?. Shaking her head, she walked to the new comer and smiled at him.

"Don't mind him, I don't know what's his problem. Yeah, we're all here about the scroll. No new information so far though, a waiting game really I think. I'm Ronni by the way, what's your name?" she asked the man his name, before realizing it'd be best if she asked everyone at once. She turned around to face everyone else and spoke loudly so that everyone could, and maybe a few people meters away.

"Hey what's everyones name anyway? Do I have to call everyone "that guy" and "that girl"?. Ya know we might be stuck with each other if we were all called here for something important" Ronni put her hands in her pockets and got up on her tip toes before standing straight on her feet again, repeating the action like a little child. She looked at everyone, the shy boy, the apparently rude girl, the rude man, Alex though she didn't to know her name and then the newcomer. She just waited for an answer from them.

Edited by The Dream, 18 December 2011 - 11:10 PM.

TheDreamEX.png

Gif not by me

A little one

#18 Secret Felix

Secret Felix

Knight

• Knight
  • 823 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 11:20 PM

"Hey there, peach fuzz! Maybe I can answer a few of those questions?" offered a young blonde woman who now once again occupied the northwestern bench, beside Griffin. Exactly how or when she arrived is a question unanswerable by those who sat at the gazebo, and she clearly ignored what Ronni just said. She wore a deep V-neck shirt in a striking shade of turquoise and a short white skirt. Nestled within her long blonde hair was a white headband that was adorned with two small rabbit ears, each protruding from the same point on the left.

"You're all obviously interested as to why I asked you to come here, so we'll cut to the chase. You all probably think that this universe is all there is, and nothing exists beyond its boundaries. However, that is terribly incorrect. This universe merely occupies a single plane out of many. Are you all following so far? Good," she pretended to ask, although she continued before anyone could ask a question. In the midst of all of this, she picked up the bishop that sat beside her with her thin fingers and proceeded to fiddle with it as she spoke.

"The rose bush in front of me one is of the many anchors of this plane. Without it, this plane would unravel like a cheaply made scarf," she giggled, apparently amused by her own simile. "The problem, though," she went on, suddenly becoming serious, "is that it is dying. This is very bad news for well…all of you. So in order to save it, I assembled you all here. The easiest way to do this is to go to the plant's home plane and find something to rejuvenate the plant," she declared.

"Yet, it's not quite that easy. The inhabitants of the plane from which this particular rose bush stems are all quite, well," she stumbled, trying to find just the right word, "mad. For other reasons I cannot quite go into, I am unable to go there myself. Therefore, I leave this task to all of you. You must first infiltrate the plane known as Wonderland, and then locate and procure a cure for this rose bush through any means necessary," she said

"Anyway, I'm a bit disappointed at this turn out. I had sent out so many more invitations…" She pouted as she crushed the chess piece in her hand into a fine black powder. "It takes a long time to hand write those invitations, you know! Oh...and are there any other questions..?" she asked, clearly unenthusiastic about answering anything else.

Edited by Artemis, 18 December 2011 - 11:25 PM.

Posted Image

#19 Valor

Valor

Valorous

• Monarch
  • 3,874 posts
  • This is My Design

User's Awards

Posted 19 December 2011 - 11:40 AM

Griffin blinked a few times as the rabbit eared girl suddenly appeared near him. He shot up quickly from his reclined position. He didn't really pay attention as he looked her up and down. Being a spy definitely seemed to have its benefits. He realized that she was talking and decided to actually pay attention when she got to the mission. They were to water the rose bush. Or fertilize it. Or something. He grumbled.

"So you called us all out here just for a bit of gardening? Why trust a bunch of randoms to deal with this problem if it's so important?" He asked, tossing his head to the side.

"Plus, how are we even supposed to get to this plane anyway?" Griffin grumbled on, "Not that I actually believe any of this crazy stuff you're spouting, Bunny."

He reached over to poke the rabbit ear headband, wondering what they felt like.

Edited by Valor, 19 December 2011 - 06:27 PM.

#20 Guest_Griever_*

Guest_Griever_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 December 2011 - 12:01 PM

Yule listened intently, as she basically said, the rose bush is a gateway to another world.

Why would he feel like she wasn't joking about that? He used to play with her there all the time, and there was something about the rose bushes that attracted them to be there as it was, if that wasn't indication enough, it was always a special place for them to just sit down and relax. It also held memories of tag and picnics. The place where he met his best friend, the place where the memories are piled high. What better place to start looking for answers, than where your most precious memories lie?

Yule would look the direction of the bunny eared girl and walk upto the rose bush. He would knock on a branch, almost as if knocking on a door to let him in. Whether or not it would open for him, was an entirely different story. He would give the bunny eared girl a nod of conviction and be prepared to enter.

My answers...