294 replies to this topic

#21 The Dream

The Dream

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,967 posts
  • ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Posted 19 December 2011 - 05:14 PM

Ronni jumped back a little and looked at the strange rabbit woman that appeared. She was pleasing to the eye though. Calming down again, she put on a bit of a poker face when she was ignored before nervously smiling and rubbing the back of her head. Maybe some other time then. She listened to what the woman said, raising an eyebrow yet smiling at the idea of entering another world.

Sounds like this is just some party invitation. Still, can't be ignorant and think we're the only world out there. So, we have to find a cure for that rose bush. Interesting. This will be fun, going into this place called Wonderland. The name itself is enough to hint some fun in this adventure. She better not be lying though, I don't feel like getting stuck in a rose bush, the thorns on those rose stalks hurt
. Ronni looked at the rose bush and watched the shy boy knock one of the branches like it was a door.

"Ah.... are the people in..... Wonderland dangerous?" Ronni asked, looking at the strange woman.

TheDreamEX.png

tumblr_n6lpksz2V81sfgfh0o1_500.gif

Gif not by me

A little one

#22 Sodomize-it Soro

Sodomize-it Soro

Squire

• Squire
  • 714 posts
  • Keeper of Butts

User's Awards

Posted 19 December 2011 - 07:33 PM

Elizabeth dipped and ducked away from Alex, but wherever she moved, the girl followed. Elizabeth eventually had no choice but to physically distance her by extending her arm in Alex's direction which hopefully will knock her over.

"I'm Elizabeth." She was growing weary of the girl's nosiness and hoped that this information would at least keep her from bothering her for a while. However, Elizabeth prepared herself that she might have to "play nice", as it were, in order to avoid much unpleasantness.

And then Thasia finally appeared. Elizabeth was glad she had submitted to disappointment earlier, because the mission was just as much of a let-down as she expected. Still, she might as well participate, as she was already here.

She sighed and asked Thasia, "So... How exactly are we supposed to get into Wonderland?"

#23 Ralor

Ralor

Knight

• Knight
  • 781 posts
  • A Musical Madman

Posted 19 December 2011 - 10:17 PM

Castor chimed in on the conversation once more. "Thank you, that answered quite a few of my questions." He smiled. "Now then, my name is Castor Intant. I'm a little bit of a bookworm." He chuckled. "Like the others, the only question I have now is how we get into this other plane? He pulled out his journal and scrawled in a few notes about their mission, then decided to draw a picture of the rose bush, that he now saw quite abstract. For some reason, he also felt the compulsion to draw the map of the city with a rose in the Oasis Rosarium.

#24 Secret Igshar

Secret Igshar

Pwner of Noobs

• Monarch
  • 3,796 posts
  • your worst nightmare

User's Awards

Posted 19 December 2011 - 11:01 PM

Elizabeth extended her arm to stop Alexandria's advances, but all she served to do was unnecessarily grope the latter. Alexandria continued through what she had to say, regardless, and was pleased to hear her new friend's name. She cleared her throat and said, "Feel free to keep grabbing my boob, or you could, you know, let go. Whatever you'd prefer." Alexandria was confused. She was unsure which she would prefer.

She looked over to the newcomer and saw she had a pair of bunny ears. She decided she wanted to see them up close, so she fled from Elizabeth's peculiar company and rushed up next to Thasia. She mused, "I really like those bunny ears. Does that mean you're part rabbit? I wish I were part animal. Are they real? Can I touch them?" She reached out tentatively, unsure how the bunny would react. She heard very little the bunny said, due to being more focused on Elizabeth fondling her earlier. She caught what she figured were the important bits. The plane was dying because of the rosebush and such and such so they had to ride a different plane to find a cure for the rosebush.

She asked what any sensible person might. "So if we're supposed to be changing flights, why are we in a garden? Shouldn't we be in an airport or something?"

#25 Secret Felix

Secret Felix

Knight

• Knight
  • 823 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 02:03 AM

"Ah, you don't really listen, do you Fuzzy? Well to put it another way, what happens on this plane isn't my concern; therefore, it was decided that its fate would be placed within the hands of its inhabitants. While it's true you were all randomly selected, that was only because everyone is equally qualified, since almost everyone that lives here is aether-deficient anyway. You guys are the only ones that showed up, so you're the only ones going," she said.

Although she had not been speaking for very long, Thasia's attention span was easily broken as she watched Yule. Try as she might, she could not fathom what he was doing to the rose bush. She finally realized that her previous speech might have confused the poor boy and called out, "It's still just a plant, you know."

Her attention was quickly snapped back to the matter at hand when she noticed Griffin attempting to touch her. Her hand swiftly shot out and grabbed onto his. Try as he might, he would be unable to move his arm. Although Thasia appeared to be a petite girl, her looks were deceiving. She then grabbed his collar and leaned in close to his face, her shirt drooping down a bit in the process. "You may be able to look, but do not think you can touch. Where you're going, I'd avoid being so rude," she whispered in an uncharacteristically serious tone, before pushing him back. Although the push was gentle, it was also quite firm.

She then jumped up and trounced over to the fountain; suddenly less serious. "As for how you'll get there, that's why I'm here. As much as I would love to discuss how aether-catalyzed harmonic resonance can be used to selectively push bodies of aether kata, I think the subject matter is a bit over your head," she explained, though the last few words seemed to be directed at Griffin.

"Anyway, it's about to get this show on the road, don't you think?" she asked, purposely ignoring smelly Alex's question and not actually caring for a reply. With an earth-shattering flick of her finger, she rang the small bell that hung on the fountain.

The mighty sound that rang forth from the tiny bell was nearly unbelievable. It reverberated throughout the Oasis, and down to the very bones of the group that had gathered around the fountain. As the intensity and pitch of the ringing increased, the world around the group lost all saturation. Everything around the group dissolved into a homologous monotone, while the quickly fading girl spoke a few closing words. "Oh, and the inhabitants aren't that dangerous. Just do…...ny…..u....." was all that could be heard before the world around them washed away into a crystalline white.

"This is all just too easy~" Thasia stated in a singsong voice; almost as if she wished it had been harder.

"You'll regret taking Chelytosians so lightly," a new voice declared, as a short man suddenly appeared on the southern bench. Both his words and stared dripped with discontent for the woman in front of him.

Once the group came to their senses, the first thing they noticed would not be the sky, nor their surroundings, but instead the very air that surrounded them. It was vastly different then anything they had experienced in Chelytos. It hummed and buzzed like electricity, and some may have even swore it was alive. It was a shocking experience for those who had lived in a plane void of aether, yet these nuances would slowly fade with time.

After everyone had regained their wits, they would find themselves in a circular clearing roughly fifty meters in diameter. Six paths lined the clearing's perimeter, each equidistant from the other. The night sky above was a deep shade of navy and held two moons: one, large and full; the other, a small crescent. Both shone brightly in the dark sky. A thousand scattered stars provided a little extra light from above, while a multitude of fireflies, in varying hues, provided a smaller amount of light from the ground. Although the area was dim, there was enough light to clearly see from one end of the clearing to the other.

A dense forest of trees surrounded the clearing and lined the paths. Their bark was a pale ochre, while their trunks and branches twisted and intertwined in a maddening fashion.

In the center of the clearing stood another gazebo; not unlike the one they had previously met under. This one, however, was a light shade of lavender, instead of white. Those who listened closely might have even heard an odd sound, not unlike a cat's meow, come from within it.

Edited by Artemis, 29 December 2011 - 05:59 AM.

Posted Image

#26 Valor

Valor

Valorous

• Monarch
  • 3,874 posts
  • This is My Design

User's Awards

Posted 20 December 2011 - 08:26 AM

Griffin scowled at the hot bunny as she implied he didn't listen. He listened plenty. More than plenty, really. He knew some of what she was talking about. The rest was just details! Details aren't always that important. Big picture!

He blinked and realized she wasn't very happy when she grabbed him by his collar and leaned in like she was going to kiss him. His eyes shot down to her chest as the shirt drooped. His mind shut off again, and turned back on when he was shoved away. He swayed in a stupor and fell sideways off of the bench.

He sat up slowly and furrowed his brow in confusion, "What show?"

Before he knew it, a bell started chiming. He blinked and looked around in confusion before wobbling to his feet slowly. He lost his train of thought easier than usual as the other effects of the bell's ringing began to take hold of his senses. Color faded from the world before it turned into a rather similar looking sheet of grays. He rubbed his eyes and swayed lightly. He eyes rolled back in his head and he fell limp.

When he opened his eyes, his head was throbbing painfully. He slowly sat up in the middle of a strange forest of some kind. He glanced around, disappointed to see everyone there aside from the sassy hare. He pouted slightly before wobbling to his feet and dusting his pants off.

Something seemed strange about the air. He had the sudden realization that he could feel the air around him touching his exposed skin. It was really strange to him, but he was more focused on the fact that the love of his life just dumped him in some forest with... them.

He ignored everyone else and wandered over to the weird fruity gazebo and leaned against one of its railings. He folded his arms at his chest and sighed, waiting for one of the others to decide what to do next.

Edited by Valor, 20 December 2011 - 10:48 AM.

#27 Secret Igshar

Secret Igshar

Pwner of Noobs

• Monarch
  • 3,796 posts
  • your worst nightmare

User's Awards

Posted 20 December 2011 - 10:14 AM

Completely ignored. And she had the gall to tell them to be less rude. The bunny walked over and flicked a bell. Alexandria assumed it was to call over the plane they would have to board. Instead, it was an attack. She tried to shout at the bunny and say that she was evil for lulling them into a false sense of security, but everything got black and white. Alexandria wondered if they had traveled back in time. Then she passed out.

She woke with a start in a forest and immediately clutched her head. There seemed to be a lot of bugs around here, since the air was buzzing quite incessantly. Alexandria didn't much like bugs. It took her a couple minutes to get accustomed to the constant buzzing before she could open her eyes and focus.

Oh, she liked those bugs. She reached out and plucked a green-glowing bug from the ground and said, "Oh, goodness, aren't you just precious!" She giggled and tossed it, watching the little green orb float and fly back toward a perch in the grass. Alexandria hopped to her feet, then, and wobbled a bit before gaining her balance. The fireflies were everywhere, all different colors. It was absolutely magnificent.

She wandered over to the gazebo and then looked around to the different paths. She wondered what could be down them. She sat down on a bench in the gazebo and clutched her head. She was starting to feel a bit dizzy. She said, "This place might be too pretty."

#28 Guest_Griever_*

Guest_Griever_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 December 2011 - 11:50 AM

Yule, staring at the rose bush the whole time, heard a loud chime and that seemed to make the entire world reshape, he appeared in a strange area with a gazebo similar to the one they were previously at. Yule was now in another world.

Not giving regards to the others he immediately investigated the sound he heard inside the gazebo and looked the gazebo up and down, looking for the source of the sound, really curious over it. Yule would stand in the center, staring toward the ceiling waiting.What Yule was waiting for, he didn't know. All he knew was they needed to fix the rose bush here somewhere. Wouldn't they need some sort of guide? Maybe the guide would meet them here.

#29 Ralor

Ralor

Knight

• Knight
  • 781 posts
  • A Musical Madman

Posted 20 December 2011 - 03:15 PM

Castor looked astonished as the world twisted, turned, warped and wobbled around him. He felt a sudden sense of power looming around him, which, strangely enough, felt oddly comfortable. He looked at the gazebo above them and then at the sky above it. "If the rose bush anchors the Chelytosian plane to Wonderland, could this gazebo tie Wonderland to Chelytos?" He looked back at his Journal and took a note of that and that the bunny girl had called them Aether deficient. When he heard a cat noise, he became curious and decided to investigate, if Castor found nothing, he would go investigate the strange, yet oddly beautiful forest.

#30 The Dream

The Dream

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,967 posts
  • ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Posted 20 December 2011 - 07:03 PM

Ronni just listened to the rabbit woman and a particular word, aether, stuck in her head. "Hmm..." she hummed quietly as she thought about it, ignoring everything else until her question was answered. The woman then started to ring the bell at the fountain and the loudness of the bell forced Ronni groan a little and block her ears with her fingers. The heck!? Is that thing meant to raise the undead or something?

She removed her fingers when they no longer blocked enough of the sound. Her questions was being answered but then the womans voice faded before Ronni could hear everything. Soon, everything went white and Ronni lost consciousness.

----

Slowly Ronni regained her consciousness. The first thing that came to mind was the buzzing air. "The heck..." Rooni mumbled as she rubbed her eyes and sat up. It was strange, this air. It was like something was constantly grabbing onto her. She didn't complain, though. She quite liked the feeling. It was a feeling like someone was hugging her softly or a feeling like she was wearing a tight woolen coat. Hm...well I guess my question was only that didn't get fully answered. Oh well.

She stretched her arms out on the spot and yawned before climbing to her feet. Brushing off the back of her pants Ronni then took a look at the new environment surrounding them. They were in some sort of forest. A clearing in the forest, to be exact. There were thick rows of trees surrounding them and six paths equally distanced from each other around them as well. Ronni shrugged to herself when she was done looking at the forest and looked up to the night sky, observing the nice navy blue sky. Something that amazed her was the two moons hanging above them. Both shining brightly. Wow, that's certainly a sight to see. Ronni raised both her eyebrows, impressed by the moons before looking at the fireflies surrounding them.

"Wow, these are pretty cute" Ronni spoke to herself, looking at the fireflies and smiling as they moved closer to her face. One of them landed on her nose. She looked at it for a while as it tickled her nose. "Aw, wish I could ke- Ah, ah, ah....AH CHU!" Ronni's head was pushed back as she sneezed loud enough to be heard all over the forest. The fireflies flew away as soon as she did, startled by her sudden might sneeze. Gah, that firefly must've had some sort of pollen all over it. Pollen only bugs me when it's brushed onto my nose.

Ronni turned around and saw everyone heading over to a more colourful gazebo than the one they all met at. She followed everyone, before stopping just outside the structure moving her head back a little and letting out another loud might sneeze.

TheDreamEX.png

Gif not by me

A little one

#31 Sodomize-it Soro

Sodomize-it Soro

Squire

• Squire
  • 714 posts
  • Keeper of Butts

User's Awards

Posted 21 December 2011 - 05:49 AM

Elizabeth had only vaguely been paying attention to what the rabbit woman had said. She only just glanced over to her in time to see her ring the bell on the fountain, and the loud ringing that emitted from it was enough to cause Elizabeth to lose her balance and fall to the floor. Slowly, the world around Elizabeth began to dissolve, until it was gone completely.

When Elizabeth finally came to, she found herself in a dense forest. It was a while before she realized that the vibrating sensation running along her skin and in her ears was not an aftereffect of the bell, but something of the air itself. "Curiouser and curiouser," muttered Elizabeth, only slightly ironically. She wasn't all that interested by the place in which she had ended up, but at least it was a change.

She stood up, dusted herself off and took a look around. There were six paths through the trees which she had overlooked previously, and another gazebo in the center of the clearing. The others had all congregated to it, so it looked uncomfortably populous to Elizabeth. She did not want to go into the forest either, though, as it looked rather... unwelcoming. And in any case, she had no idea which path she should take. She opted, then, to remain where she was, and wait for something or someone to appear to offer some sort of indication as to what she should do next.

#32 Secret Felix

Secret Felix

Knight

• Knight
  • 823 posts

Posted 25 December 2011 - 12:18 AM

Those who searched the gazebo found neither a cat nor fountain. They would notice that a large bell hung from its apex. Aside from this, there was nothing of interest under its roof.

Above the roof, however, a pair of teal, feline eyes were intently trained on Griffin. Yet, they were not content with merely watching. With a deft movement, the creature jumped from its rooftop perch and onto Griffin's shoulders. Any attempts to dislodge it would be in vain.

Perhaps to the surprise of the group, it was not a cat that now rode on Griffin's shoulders, but instead a small child. The boy looked no older than five, and was dressed in a magenta t-shirt with black pants. Oddly enough, a pair of purple cat ears poked out of his tousled black hair, while an equally purple tail stuck out of the back of his pants. Anyone who attempted to pull on either would find they were quite firmly affixed to his body.

"Nya, you're so cool, Bro! You can move kataway, just like me!" the kid gleefully declared, before beginning a tirade of other questions. "What are you doing here? You know it's kind of dangerous here! Who are these people? Do you know them? Are they your friends? Why does that Sis smell? What's your name? Why's that other Sis standing by herself? Is she lonely? I get lonely sometimes. You're so tall! Will I be that tall one day? Do you have any snacks? I like snacks! Where'd you come from? I've never even seen you before! My friends call me Chesh! Hey, does that Bro have crayons? I am pretty sure he does! Do you think he would give me one!? I like doodlin'! Is that one girl allergic to bugs? I'm not allergic to bugs. Hey Bro, are you allergic to bugs? Is that other Bro a mute? He's so quite he must be! Can we play a game? I like games!" the child blurted out all at once, and then stopped for a moment to catch his breath. His hands were now buried somewhere within Griffin's hair, and judging by the large grin on his face, he seemed very content with his new seat.

Edited by Artemis, 29 December 2011 - 06:00 AM.

Posted Image

#33 Guest_Griever_*

Guest_Griever_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 December 2011 - 05:57 AM

The sudden chipper and surprise of the cat kid's arrival, was only overshadowed with how fast he could talk and how many questions he asked. Yule didn't know what face he should have made when he was called a mute, but in all actuality, he didn't care.

The kid was energetic, to say the least and Yule really liked the little tyke. Yule would raise an eyebrow when the kid asked what they were doing here, and immediately liked the idea of playing games. Yule with a gentle smile started to act out charades for the boy, The first thing was a charade to answer the boys first question. Yule would act out a magnifying glass and search the soil. He would demonstrate a "healthy plant" and an "unhealthy plant." He would demonstrate soil and watering the plant, but the unhealthy plant would still not get better. He would then pull a "mystery object" from the air (by making the "?" in the air around the "Mystery object"). He would signify a great explosion and look toward the area where the plant was supposed to be and search for what used to be there but now isn't. He would then follow with making a gesture and then look around the area. He would show fascination at this place with a massive shrug of not cluelessness. He would then make the classic "shielding his eyes from the sun in an attempt to look at something." And would look every direction. He would make the general "I found it" face and draw the question mark in the air again. He would signify another explosion and show relief and signify the "unhealthy plant" being there again. He would put the question mark on the plant and show it being healthy now.

He wasn't quite sure if the kid could understand him, but he always liked the game of charades and had no problems playing it with the kid, he wouldn't mind engaging in his request for a game. Yule followed up this by then looking at the kid then signifying another game of charades made a motion of a shrug and a look of wonder when looking around the place. He would outstretch his arms towards the whole area and make a huge shrug in a "We don't know where we are" way. He would point to the kid and shrug meaning he didn't know who he was either. He would shrug at everything and then point to the entryways and cock his head in a questioning way.

If the kid was any good at charades, the kid would understand Yule acted out "We are searching for a mystery item for the unhealthy plant that can be found here we don't know where to start and we are looking it to make it healthy again." The second set of charades would be "We don't know anything about this place at all. We don't know who you are or where we need to go or what those doors are."

Yule hoped the kid would understand the game. But either way he would smile at the kid or frown depending on how the kid responded.

#34 Ralor

Ralor

Knight

• Knight
  • 781 posts
  • A Musical Madman

Posted 27 December 2011 - 01:50 PM

Castor suddenly jumped back at the sudden appearance of the cat-boy. He then realized the child was asking if he had any crayons. Before he could answer, Yule was attempting some sort of ritual dance, which he soon realized was her attempt at communication. He sighed before protruding two spare quills and two more sets of different colored inks from his sack. He then tore two pages from his journal, gave one quill, page, and ink set to the boy and one of each to Yule. "While I don't have crayons, I do have drawing utensils. Now, as well, do you have or could you draw a map of this plane? If so it would be delightfully helpful. And ma'am, he speaks our tongue. You could at least scrawl out what you want to say on paper. Castor then looked back at his own journal and began to draw the cat-boy, one of the twisted trees, and a short description of what the air felt like. "And why does the air feel so thick compared to the Chelytosian plane? And does your plane have any "Anchors"? I don't mean to ask too many questions, but this is a pretty strange place compared to Chelytos, or is Chelytos strange compared to here? I don't know."

Edited by Ralor, 27 December 2011 - 05:25 PM.

#35 The Dream

The Dream

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,967 posts
  • ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Posted 27 December 2011 - 05:15 PM

Ronni sighed after sneezing and heard a young voice. She looked over to the source and saw a young boy sitting on top of Griffin. He looked like he was high on sugar as he spoke like he was playing twenty one questions. Ronni just smiled at the energy the kid had, not listening to a single thing the boy said. Well, I wonder where he came from. She heard one question though, if she herself was allergic to bugs. "Uh, I'm not allergic to bugs. Pollen just tickles my nose a bit and these bugs seem to have lots on them...or something like pollen" Ronni could only assume that the bugs had pollen on them, this was a strange world after all. She looked around and saw Yule doing something odd. ......The....heck....? Is the mute ok? Did he eat a poisonous bug by accident or something?.

She looked at the boy and Griffin again. "Hey kid, what's your name?" she asked.

Edited by The Dream, 27 December 2011 - 05:19 PM.

TheDreamEX.png

Gif not by me

A little one

#36 Secret Igshar

Secret Igshar

Pwner of Noobs

• Monarch
  • 3,796 posts
  • your worst nightmare

User's Awards

Posted 27 December 2011 - 10:05 PM

Alexandria took long, heavy breaths of the thick air. It took her far too long to get accustomed to it. Soon, she heard an unfamiliar voice shouting all sorts of questions. She slowly rose up from her bench and hobbled down the stairs to see. She leaned against the side of the gazebo and raised an eyebrow at the peculiar cat boy sitting on Griffin's shoulder.

Then the quiet boy went off on what the others clearly saw as insanity, but Alexandria clearly understood to be charades. Suddenly, she felt chipper as she shouted, "Oh, I love charades!" As he went about the charades, she began to guess and question him, but he seemed to ignore her. It didn't take her long to realize what he was trying to do. She laughed and said, "You can just tell him! No need to be all secretive!" She calmed the boy down and approached Griffin and the cat boy. She would have hugged him, but it seemed a bit awkward to hug someone sitting on the shoulder of someone who was taller than her, even to Alex.

Instead she waved to him and said, "Hello! My name's Alexandria! Please ignore how rude all of my friends are being. They aren't used to seeing animal-people. Are you more cat or more person? Can you transform fully into a cat? If you can will you? I would love to see. I love cats." She stopped herself and cleared her throat. "Sorry. I get carried away sometimes. Anyway, we're here visiting this forest for something about a rose bush." She rubbed her head, trying to remember. "Our plane is going to crash or something, and our anchor doesn't work, so we can't just stop the flight with that. So we came here to get a new coating for the anchor so we can use it to stop the plane crash. Chelytos is where we came from. Do you know where we are, Chesh? If I can call you that." She kept on her cheery demeanor and said, "This is a really nice place you have! Do you live in this gazebo? It's really pretty. I love the color."

Then she looked to Griffin and spat, "Well don't be rude, introduce yourself!" She would scowl at Griffin until he did.

#37 Guest_Griever_*

Guest_Griever_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 December 2011 - 10:25 PM

Yule blinked several times in confusion the minute he heard the words "ma'am" and was given paper and a quill. Yule stared at the guy and blinked several times. He then made an effort to look under his shirt, he must have been getting fat or something to be called a woman. Yule had found 0 indication of him being a woman and was frankly confused on how the guy could mistake him for one. He didn't know whether or not he should correct the guy on his gender confusion. He decided as funny as it was, he would let the guy realize his own mistakes later.

He didn't really know what to do with the ink, quill and paper. He folded the paper up and put it in his pocket for later as well as the ink and quill. He smiled at the fact everyone thought he was mute. It's not like he couldn't talk, he could talk fairly well, more like he wouldn't make that bond with anyone until he was ready, and he clearly wasn't. Unless it was an emergency or something absolutely needed to be said, They would be lucky to get a name out of him, and there was no way he was going to communicate using paper. Action over words. Put the paper and quill and ink may prove to be useful later.

The really nice girl played the game with him and Yule smiled to her, being quite pleased with her enthusiastic display of her understanding of the game. While it seemed like he was ignoring her, it was mainly for the little guy, however he noted she would be a fun partner. He also had to admit, she and the little boy were a lot alike. He honestly liked people like that, They seemed to be a lot nicer and way more fun. If she proved to always be this way, if he found his answers, she would probably the first person he'd try to open up to.

After all, this was not a school environment, and this could potentially be a long journey. There would be plenty of opportunity to connect when he was ready.

Edited by Griever, 27 December 2011 - 10:46 PM.

#38 Valor

Valor

Valorous

• Monarch
  • 3,874 posts
  • This is My Design

User's Awards

Posted 28 December 2011 - 01:25 AM

As everyone was talking around him to the strange annoyingcatperson perched on his arm, he was wagging it back and forth trying in vain to dislodge the purple thing. When it failed, and everyone decided to shut up for a change, he narrowed his eyes at the kitten after glaring at Alexandria for being rude to him.

"What the hell is a kataway? I'm here because some crazy chick with huge knockers sent me here. We're from Chelytos. I don't care if it's dangerous, because I'm strong. These people are idiots. Unfortunately I know some of them. Hell no they aren't. She smells because she rolls around in garbage or shit or something I dont know, ask her. My named is Griffin Desareaux. She's kind of a loner. Also she's kind of picky about gazebos. She's probably lonely, I guess. Go be her friend instead. Thanks. You can be I suppose if you try really hard and drink your milk. I don't have any snacks. I like them too. We came from somewhere... that... isn't... here... probably. I've never seen a thing like you either. Hello Chesh."

He paused to smack the quill and paper away as Castor had offered them, "Don't accept gifts from that weirdo. You can doodle, but we're gonna have to find some real paper and crayons and stuff for us to draw on. Why do you think she's allergic to bugs? I'm not allergic to bugs either. That guy... I forgot that he was here."

Griffin paused to remember watching the kid dance around like a maniac. Strange people. The lot of em.

He looked back to his new sidekick, "I'll play a game with you. What kind of games do you people usually play here in uh..."

He paused again, "What... is this place anyway?"

He thought and wandered away from the group out from under the gazebo with his new sidekick attached to him like superglue. He realized after answering Chesh's rapid fire questions, he had grown attached to the little guy. He was less annoying than most of the people he was stuck with, at any rate.

He held up a finger, "Ah yeah, we're supposed to save some sort of rose bush. Do you know of any rose bushes nearby, Chesh?"

#39 Secret Felix

Secret Felix

Knight

• Knight
  • 823 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 03:51 AM

From his perch atop Griffin head, Chesh watched Yule with a morbid fascination. After a few moments, though, his attention span waned and he whispered into Griffin's ear, "Is that mute Bro mad? I am pretty sure he is, Bro."

Chesh was a little frightened when Castor began waving bird feathers around. In response, the child only gripped Griffin's hair a bit more tightly than usual, and was quite relieved when Griffin shooed Castor away.

In response to Castor's first question, Chesh first opened his mouth and chomped on the air, as if testing its density. He then stuck his tongue out a bit in an attempt to lick the air. Since he felt no resistance either time, he asked, "What'cha mean, Bro?" At Castor's second question, he merely turned to Griffin's ear and once again whispered, "Is that little Bro mad, too? You have some weird friends, Bro."

The next person to speak to Chesh was Alex, and he seemed to like her, at first. "Well, I'm just Chesh, you know?" he replied to her first few questions, although he wasn't sure what she really meant. He also felt that he answered Ronni's question with this, and didn't bother saying his own name a third time. After listening to Alex's next explanation and question, he once again found himself whispering into Griffin's ear, "Are they all mad? Are you like their keeper, Bro?" His ears did perk up at her last few questions though, and he happily replied, "You're in Wonderland, Sis," though he looked a little put off when she asked if he lived here, and decided to stop answering her questions.

As Griffin spoke, Chesh perked up his ears and listened intently, clearly fascinated by the man's words. After listening to everything Griffin had to say, he furrowed his little brow in thought and finally declared, "Well I don't know much about plants, but I bet Granny does." He pointed at the southeastern path and exclaimed, "She lives that-a-way!"

The child assumed Griffin and his wards would follow the path he chose and discussed everything Griffin had told him in an attempt to keep himself occupied, at least until they arrived at their destination. "Bro, how do you not know what kata-way is? It's like left, right, up, down, forwards, backwards, ana, and kata, you know? Like this!" he affirmed, as his hand detached from his arm and floated around in front of Griffin's face. It then promptly reattached itself, and he wiggled his fingers as if to prove they were as good as new. "I can only move a little kata-way, but you can move super kata-way! Bro is so cool! Oh, and what's a knocker? Is that like a giant hammer? That must be a really strong girl, Bro, if she could carry around more than one of those." he stated, and was apparently satisfied with his own explanation. He then went on, "I'd go be lonely Sis's friend, but then I couldn't hang out with Bro. That's not cool! Plus that scary feather guy is back there. What if he has more feathers, and where do they all come from!? It's scary, Bro," he squeaked, apparently disturbed by Castor. "I'm super good at hide and go seek, Bro, but you'd get lost, since it's getting so dark," he sighed out insightfully, and he was quite correct. The branches, with their amethyst-colored leaves, blocked out more and more of the sky with each step the group took down the path. As the darkness grew deeper, he said reassuringly, "Just keep goin' straight, everyone. We're almost there!"

At the path's end, the group would be faced with another fascinating scene. A much larger clearing than they were in previously stretched out before them, and it was filled with a multitude of mushrooms. Although their size varied greatly, from pint-sized to house-sized, they all shared one striking characteristic. Under the pale glow of the twin moons, each and every fungus glowed a soft, pale blue, and each pulsated at its own tempo. A swarm of blue lunar moths also fluttered about the area. Atop one of the larger mushrooms, not far from the entrance to the clearing, there rested a dais. The woman who sat atop it was ancient and wrinkled. Although she was taller than the child riding on Griffin's shoulders, it was not by much. She sat on her knees, and her eyes were closed, as if she was meditating. There was a water pipe in her mouth, and every few minutes a puff of what appeared to be smoke crept out of her mouth in a variety of shapes and colors.

Once Chesh saw her, he nimbly leapt from Griffin's head and dashed off toward the old woman. He giggled and flickered in and out of sight as he ran towards the mushroom on which the dais sat. The child then bounded up to the top of the mushroom and leapt into the woman's lap. Once quite content with his new seat, he promptly began babbling about everything that had recently occurred. The woman was unfazed by all of this, and merely stared at the group of people with closed eyes while paying no attention to the child in her lap. To no one in particular, she asked in a droll, bored tone, "Who are all of you."

Edited by Artemis, 03 January 2012 - 04:27 PM.

Posted Image

#40 Valor

Valor

Valorous

• Monarch
  • 3,874 posts
  • This is My Design

User's Awards

Posted 30 December 2011 - 09:38 PM

Griffin nodded as Chesh responded to the strange people. He started down the path Chesh indicated, and if no one followed, he'd stop and put his hands on his hips and motion them to follow him.

"Come on. I wouldn't be able to live with myself if I knew you lunkheads died out here or something."

He listened to Chesh explain what kata-way was. Griffin blinked rapidly as the boy's hand floated before his eyes.

"Yeah. I'm... pretty good at kata-way I guess. Since I appeared out of nowhere I suppose. I'm the best kata-wayer in all of Chelytos."
Griffin boasted with pride. Not like the kid would know any better.

"Never heard of any ana-way. You know any of that?"
Griffin asked.

"Yeah, Chesh. Knockers are like huge hammers some girls can carry. They knock guys out like us, but only when you're older."
He added with a sly grin.

He glanced back at Castor. "Yeah, it is kind of scary. Don't worry Chesh Bro, I'll protect you no doubt."

He opened his mouth to ask his sidekick a question, but soon enough the catboy bounded away up to an old lady. He scrunched up his face and narrowed his eyes at the sudden betrayal from Chesh. He huffed and looked at the old woman, folding his arms.

"So you're Chesh's Granny, eh? I'm Griffin."
He said, introducing himself.

He slunk to the background and waited for the others to do the talking instead. It was such a pain to be the one talking.