28 replies to this topic

#21 Dion

Dion

Knight

• Knight
  • 2,565 posts

Posted 26 December 2011 - 01:36 AM

December 23rd, 8:04 AM

Stephan sat at an oval office table, resting his chin on his hands as he waited. Bloody idiots. The lot of them. He checked his watch again anxiously. "You would think I could find a few more competent people to join my cause." he said to himself as he took a sip of his coffee. Putting down his cup, he glanced over a file that rested in front of him. Perhaps calling The Legion in at such short notice wasn't the best of ideas. Controlling his impatience, Stephan stepped out of his seat and walked over to the window, looking down over the city. It seemed to be an average day. 2 hours...

The door knocked with a rasp. Turning around, Stephan called out. "What is it?"
Alicia, Stephan's secretary stepped in. "Sir, there's a group of people outside claiming to want to have a meeting with you."
"About time. Send them up immediately."
"Yes, sir."

~~~~~~

"I swears it, it wasn't me! I'm not the reason we're late! This buffoon here was trying to rape someone!" The Fool pointed a finger at Trevor. Stephan looked over at the group, particularly at Trevor. Allowing his face to slip into an expression of anger, Stephan held his hands behind his back as he spoke.

"Oh? Rape? I see. And may I ask why you indulged in such animalistic behavior, Trevor?"

"Sir, sir, sir! He was going about it in broad daylight, in the middle of the str-"

"Quiet, you idiot. Speak only when spoken to."

Stephan looked over at Trevor, giving him a menacing look. Walking over to where they stood, Stephan stood in front of Trevor. Lifting a finger of his, Stephan drove it into Trevor's brachial area. The sheer force that Stephan's finger exerted on the man would send needles of pain flowing down Trevor's body.

"Let me tell you something, Trevor. You know what this world does to you if you're classified as "The Other"? Do you know what that means? Of course not, your brain is too primal too understand anything I have to say. I digress, let me continue where I left off. Do you know what happens when you're classified as someone different? Someone that doesn't belong in society?"

Stephan pushed a little harder, intending to get his message across as he spoke.

"You're isolated. You're completely alone. Now, you might ask me why this is relevant, Trevor. I'll lay out flat infront of you. You know those sickly little scum? The humans? Today, they're praising us. No, not us. The superhumans. The Allegiance. You save a life or two, and they'll give you a medal of honor. You watch over them like a watchdog and they'll cherish you and throw you a bone." Stephan smirked. "Maybe, they'll even play catch. But don't be fooled. Behind that facade, behind that beautiful, solid exterior, there's a rotten core. A rotten little infection. An infection that will grow. Spread. Consume. Now, they'll sing choirs about you. But its only a matter of time until they'll start asking "Who watches them..?" That, Trevor, is the point where fear should kick in for you. The point where you should realize that this isn't a walk in the park. The humans fear you. And that, in turn, should make you fearful. You know why? Because what happens to "The Other" is an ironic death. Death at the hands of the cherished. They'll fear you. And then they'll extinguish you."

Stephan released his finger.

"Now, all I'm asking from you is this. You help me create a world where this fear is not a problem. Instead of proving to them that we're scum; that we do indeed deserve to be extinguished, prove to them that we're intellectuals. That we're capable of leading our own. That we are superior to them. And if extinguishing is a choice that must be reached, it us that will make that decision. Not them."

Stephan stepped back, letting the group take a seat at their respective chairs at the table.

"I'm sorry about the long speech, folks. But it was necessary." Stephan said as he put his hands together. An expression of delight covered his face for the first time all day. "Now, are you with me or not?"

"Absolutely, sire. Your majesty can count on me to be at his royal side at the crowning event. Infact, I'll even make you a grand crown, suited with the most valuable of jewels...."

Edited by Dion, 26 December 2011 - 01:39 AM.

...V HAS COME TO...

dQqhfU.gif

ngoahxS.jpg

#22 The Dream

The Dream

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,967 posts
  • ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Posted 26 December 2011 - 03:04 AM

Libby shuddered as Trevor spoke to her. She wanted to slap him when he called her his "little songbird". She had to admit, it was a romantic thing a man could say to her, but hearing it from a man like Trevor just made it annoying. She took his arms off her the moment he hugged her, contact with the man made her want to shiver in disgust, especially since she knew what he was about to do. Trevors teasing words made her grow a hint of red on her cheeks before she crossed her arms and mumbled gibberish. "Sound like lies to me you creep" she mumbled that silently among the gibberish before growing silent.

She followed everyone as they went to meet with their leader. Resisting the urge to whack the back of Trevors head. After all, she'd be the only getting hurt if she tried that.

-------------

Libby kept her arms crossed the entire time they were in Stephans office. The Fool had told the man that they were late because of what Trevor had tried to do out in the open. She couldn't help but grin every now and then as the man was lectured about his behavior. Libby agreed with everything Stephan had said, his speech was full of truth in Libbys eyes. She nodded when he asked if they were in to help his grand cause.

Humans were inferior wastes of skin to Libby. She had gone through many ordeal because of what they had done to her directly, she almost had no mercy for almost every human on the planet. Only a few people would fall under her category of acceptance, like her own mother and father.

"You don't have to ask me twice. I'm ready to fight for this cause and die for it, hopefully it doesn't come to that" Libby nodded again as she spoke.

Edited by The Dream, 26 December 2011 - 03:08 AM.

TheDreamEX.png

tumblr_n6lpksz2V81sfgfh0o1_500.gif

Gif not by me

A little one

#23 Dexel Hydagara

Dexel Hydagara

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,310 posts
  • Arcade Adept

Posted 26 December 2011 - 01:00 PM

Kestel nearly foamed at the mouth at Trevor's attitude concerning his actions, saying something about how people should mind their names before their behavior, then proceeding to mock the man based on his alias: Discharge. An alias he had never been able to wipe off the face of the earth ever since that one loony old man started calling him as such in mockery, and now just had a hole for a face to show for it. "You little-!" Kestel felt the hairs on his body bristle and stand up on end, some of his stored electricity visibly crackled over his clothing, and he clenched a fist in anger.

Then the man exhaled and seemed to calm down a bit, and eased his tense body and softened his tone a bit as he addressed Skull again. "I do indeed know how scummy some humans are. Good. That means you get my point. We are not in this business to act like the animals they are. We are in this business to show that we are better than them, and an old rule of thumb taught long ago is to lead by example. If you don't agree with that philosophy, well then, beats me as to why you're here." Sighing, Kestel shook his head in disappointment and kept his distance from the company, but followed them to the meeting rather than charging ahead.

-x-

Kestel looked displeased with the meeting place and this small band of people he had accompanied when they arrived at Stephan's office, though he did seem to lighten up a bit at his boss lecturing Trevor about his behavior and apparently even giving him a bit of pain to take the lesson with. Either that or the man was fond of just placing a finger on people's foreheads, the latter of which he thought would be slightly peculiar. Kestel nodded throughout the speech at points Stephan made that he agreed on...which were quite numerous.

Stephan apologized for the long speech, but Kestel thought there was no need. While he had never walked the "good superhero" beat, what the man had said was true: there were examples of such behavior in so little as social circles between humans. That, and, admittably...he did have some personal reasons. But it was only basic logic that humans were constantly fearful, and from that fear, even allies to them could be treated as foes and eliminated.

Quietly sitting down, Kestel looked at Stephan with a somewhat blank expression. He had no idea what to really make of the man at first, but if he was indeed being sincere in his words, Kestel saw no reason he could not row in the same direction as this man in the boat they were presently in, so to speak. He quietly listened as Crow pounced onto the bandwagon - or perhaps bandboat - rather quickly, then voiced his own support:
"Dying is not something I'm fond to think of, but this would be a far better way to go than a brawl in an alleyway. I can only hope you're being completely honest and open with us, and that your behavior matches your words, though I see no reason for that not to be the case, so I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. I'll join you in your cause, Stephan, either 'til I die or 'til we've accomplished our goal."

Edited by Dexel, 26 December 2011 - 01:50 PM.

2j87ib.jpg

#24 qster

qster

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,216 posts

Posted 26 December 2011 - 10:38 PM

Trevor was brought to Stephan's offic, forced to stand directly in front of him as the others watched what would ensue from the sidelines. The Fool began by explaining to Stephan what had happened, while Trevor looked back at him in disgust, wishing he could rip the jester to bits. Before Trevor was able to carry out the act, Stephan stuck his finger forcefully into Trevor's brachia, causing him to let out a yell in pain. He was forced to look into Stephan's eyes as he spoke, lecturing how they would be exterminated if he induced too much fear into the civilians, saying there was a balance between intimidation and fear.

As Stephan continued, his finger dug even deeper, causing Trevor to let out another pained yell, his head up in pain, but low enough so their eye contact remained. The lecture continued this way until Stephan mentioned the humans praising the superheroes that wished to exterminate them. When his finger exited his brachial area, Trevor let out an exhausted gasp, the pain forcing him to get in line... which is how Stephan always operated and controlled him. Pain, suffering, and freedom... an odd, yet successful combination.

"Yes sir, you know that I'm in. I'm sorry for the trouble I have caused. I'll make sure to take this into consideration next time my mind decides to go in that direction again. I just hope you can forgive me, sir. I should never have done something like that after all of your charity." Trevor apologized, bowing before the man who controlled him like a puppet.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Posted Image

#25 Dion

Dion

Knight

• Knight
  • 2,565 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 05:10 PM

Stephan's eyes narrowed. "Good. I'm glad we got that sorted out and put away." Stephan walked over to the table, his hands behind his back again. Standing in front of the group that sat before him, he spoke. "As you all know, I was a former founder of The Allegiance; the rats that plague our existence." He paused. "I apologize sincerely for that, by the way. However, as you all know, Sloan Tech is owned by the father of an old colleague, and one of my closest friends. Needless to say, Sloan Tech is the world's leading technology company." Stephan was pacing infront of the table as he spoke. They gave us the technology, we made the bombs. Our collaboration was perfect. With the help of Sloan Tech, we established our roots as the world's most resourceful arms provider... Even the government comes to us for weapons production."

Picking up his coffee cup as he passed by the table, Stephan paused again as he took a sip. "Now. I did say I was a former member of The Allegience. Naturally, Bobby and I had some disputes over opposing view points... and we split off. Unfortunately, Bobby allowed my views on the Superhuman matter to become a hinderance in our more... financial relationships. Sloan Tech no longer provides technological support to Lockwood Industries. And although we may have some of the world's most brilliant minds in our midst, we cannot compare to Sloan Tech." Stephan finally took a seat infront of the table.

"Here's what I'm asking you, lady and gentlemen. I need the blueprints for this device." Stephan opened the folder that lay in front of him and passed a debriefing to each member of the group. "What we have here is a Sonar Emitter. Beautiful technology. State of the art. It emits high frequency waves at such a rate that if a human... and most superhumans were to pass through it, their insides would burst." Stephan said with grimace.

"The device is used a defense parameter. As a fence, if you would have it. And I'm sure you understand the necessity of such a device... given our... circumstances... This is what you will do. Two hours now, a number of thugs and low lifes that I have hired will assault a bank. The Allegience will of course, be busy with those. Meanwhile, I need you to sneak into Sloan Tech and sneak out the blueprints. Libby, you are vital to this mission. We cannot do this without you, so I need you to stay concentrated. The Fool and Trevor will stay with me. We will provide support from the outside of the building lest those heroes get away from the robbers. Kestel, Libby, the locations for the blueprints are provided within your debriefing files. I trust you know what to do. Are we clear on this?"

Stephan glanced over the group. He knew he was asking for a lot, but it was vital that the Sonar Emitter be in their possession.

...V HAS COME TO...

dQqhfU.gif

ngoahxS.jpg

#26 The Dream

The Dream

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,967 posts
  • ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Posted 27 December 2011 - 08:19 PM

Libby took one of the debriefing files and looked inside. She listened to what their mission was, already having one or two questions pop up in their head. They had to steal blueprints for a device that could emit a frequency capable of, as Stephan put it, causing a humans and a few super humans insides to burst. Libby was already getting a horrid mental image of a murky soupy mix inside a humans body after being affected by the frequency. She cringed at the thought and continued to look at the debriefing as Stephan spoke.

The device could be used a fence, a deadly one by the looks of things. The heroes were going to be distracted by a few thugs that Stephan had hired to rob a nearby bank. Libby looked up to Stephan when told her that she was a vital part of the missions and had to be concentrating the entire time. She nodded, not going to interrupt him while he spoke. Concentration was something Libby would not lack, especially when she's doing a job. She looked at the map that he said was in the file to point them in the direction of the blueprints. Libby took the map and rolled it up before putting it in the pocket of the coat she was wearing. That was going to be useful if she didn't want to get lost along the way.

Libby looked up to Stephan, wanting to know if there would any other trouble than the superheroes on their mission. "Do you have an idea on how many guards there could be on patrol? How many cameras and the weapons anyone or thing could be carrying? I want to know if it'd be smart for either me or Kestel to pay a visit to the surveillance room so that there's less chance of us getting caught. The lesser problems we have the easier this mission might be, if of course the heroes don't come back before we're done" she asked the man a few questions about their mission, wanting to make sure things go well for as long as they can.

Edited by The Dream, 27 December 2011 - 08:24 PM.

TheDreamEX.png

tumblr_n6lpksz2V81sfgfh0o1_500.gif

Gif not by me

A little one

#27 Secret Igshar

Secret Igshar

Pwner of Noobs

• Monarch
  • 3,796 posts
  • your worst nightmare

User's Awards

Posted 27 December 2011 - 09:46 PM

Jack saw the Arachnid bust in and a snide, albeit invisible, smile crept across his face. He shouted, "About time, Bug Buddy!" He readied to assist.

He raised his hand, saying, "Got yo-" the enemy was dispatched.

"I'll he-" another went down. "That one's mi-" he turned to see another go down. His hands fell limp to his sides as the room would return to its normal temperature once the baddies were down, the last being tied and stuck there.

Jack rubbed his helmet and said, "Exactly as I planned it. I'm glad for our team-wide ESP." He flashed a thumbs-up to Power Man and said, "Who needs plans when you've got this team, eh? Eh?" He stretched and locked his hands behind his head. "Still not sure why we need everybody here to thwart a bank robbery." He yawned loudly and asked, "You guys got everything handled here? I'm missing the evening news." He motioned to the door, wondering if Power Man would let him leave.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Maria sat criss-cross-applesauce in midair, suspended upside down while the other two spoke of the weapons. She herself saw no problem with them at first. They killed stuff, nice and clean. While the other two talked, she realized the problem.

The air slipped around her and she landed gracefully on her feet. She strode up to the desk and thumbed through the report while Alexander chastised Octopus. She stopped on one page and said, "You mean when I turn on you for makin' such a lame-ass weapon?" She paraphrased, "Turns the target to dust?" She rolled her eyes and flipped the pamphlet shut. "Please." She turned to Alexander and said, "Look, I'm all for causing havoc on a colossal scale, but come on. Dust? Where's the flair? The passion? The... pizzazz?" She smirked on one side of her mouth and moved her hands as if to form a rainbow over her head. She asked, "Can you rig it up to make 'em pop instead? Much nicer. Just..." She pretended to take aim with a finger gun at Alexander's chest and pretended to pull the trigger. Alexander would feel as if someone just tapped him on the chest. She then said, "And kaboom."

She waved her hand lazily and said, "Hell of a lot cooler than turnin' shit to dust, I say." The report flew up into her hand with the previous wave. She flipped it open and said, "I do question why it's gotta be so quick to kill. Wouldn't you want 'em to squirm first? Shouldn't it be a bit more violent?" She snapped it shut and shrugged. She threw it back down, the pages scattering everywhere. She said, "That's why I suggest a pop. Little explosion. Limbs, flesh, blood, flying everywhere." Her eyes widened, her lips curled into a smile, "It'd just be so much cooler than dust, y'know?"

#28 Dexel Hydagara

Dexel Hydagara

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,310 posts
  • Arcade Adept

Posted 27 December 2011 - 09:49 PM

Kestel looked bored as Stephan told them of their mission, and opened up the debriefing file he was given to take a look. He seemed to grin a bit as his boss mentioned that this device, the Sonic Emitter, could burst the insides of humans and most superhumans as well, and that he had hired a band of thugs to rob a bank as a distraction for the heroes. Kestel seemed not to notice as Stephan stressed Libby's importance and that The Fool and Trevor would stay by him, but in truth he was torn between being angry at being unnotable again and being glad that he wouldn't have to stick with Trevor.

He nodded at Stephan when he asked if they knew what to do, then stayed quiet as Libby asked the most important questions, wanting to know the answers as well, and pocketed the map from the briefing files. At mention of cameras and a surveillance room, however, Kestel chuckled. Even as superhumans, that one dependence had not changed if they were using things like cameras: electricity. While there would certainly be organic surveillance, devices with a reliance to that source of energy would be a snap for him to dispose of and even turn to his advantage.

Kestel just hoped those humans his boss had employed were at least slightly capable at creating a diversion, and left Libby to form whatever mental plans she might based on what Stephan said. For the large part, he'd just make things up as he went along.

2j87ib.jpg

#29 qster

qster

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,216 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 10:16 PM

Trevor listened as Stephan explained the mission at hand, a file laying on the desk with details on what needed to be done. The mission was to steal a new weapon- or shield, as Stephan put it it- known as the Sonar Emitter, which could cause the body of whoever was hit to explode like a meat bomb. The idea, in a way, frightened Trevor, considering it could be another thing that could potentially used against him, but if it was something that Stephan wanted them to retrieve, he had little choice to obey. After all, the man saved him from living the remainder of his life on the streets or in prison.

Hearing how Libby would be the most important component to this plan made Trevor crumple his hands into fists in jealousy, but a slight smirk remained on his face as he looked over her. Working alongside Stephan wouldn't be bad, but he was unsure whether he would be able to cooperate with The Fool, who seemed to be more of a distraction and annoyance in contrast to being an actual threat, or so he was led to believe. He simply nodded towards Stephan, hoping to avoid another punishment for rebelling against him. He knew that a weapon of such power could protect them and give them the power to gain control over those who worshipped the heroes that defended them.

"Guess we should devise a plan before we go, shouldn't we, boss? I'm not saying that whatever plan you had in mind would be bad, but maybe we could learn to work more as a team if we perhaps devise our own plan for stealing this weapon. Unless you already came up with a suitable plan, of course." Trevor suggested, trying his best not to anger Stephan.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Posted Image