84 replies to this topic

#1 Dion

Dion

Knight

• Knight
  • 2,565 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 05:32 PM

December 23rd 2011 10:11 PM

Sighing, Stephan set down the third shot he had for the night. Looking around, he realized that the bar he had been all too familiar with had been left relatively unchanged. It had been three years since he had been here and everything was exactly as it had been left. I said 10 o'clock sharp, Bobby... Old habits are tough to break, after all. "I'll take one more." He called out to the bartender as he held up his glass, chuckling. It had been three years since the split. Leading a whole alliance of superhumans alone wasn't as easy as Stephan had thought it would be. Conditions were escalating, and Stephan had invited Bobby to meet him in their favorite bar. Why the man he had known for almost twenty years would rather work to protect the betraying pieces of shit that were the humans rather than work with him to ensure the survival of their species was something that confounded Stephan. It was here that he would make his final attempt to convince his best friend-and former colleague to join his cause. Nonetheless, he couldn't help but feel excited to meet Bobby after such a long time. The two shared what Stephan considered to be an unbreakable bond.

Edited by Dion, 02 January 2012 - 05:55 PM.

...V HAS COME TO...

dQqhfU.gif

ngoahxS.jpg

#2 Crimson Jazz

Crimson Jazz

Knight

• Knight
  • 851 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 06:32 PM

Three years. Three years since Bobby last saw Stephan, his best friend and former crime-fighting partner. That one fateful day changed their once-similar ideals drastically and caused a rift between them. Bobby was always wondering what would things be like if that attack on Aequitas City Hall had not happened. That damn woman... Bobby thought, referring to the air-manipulating woman who was the true culprit behind the city hall attack. Or, at least, he thought she was the true culprit.

Before the Allegiance of Super-Heroes could subdue her, she quickly disappeared from the scene of the crime, leaving a strange group of armed soldiers to believe that it was the Allegiance that initiated the attack. Following orders, the soldiers fired upon the Allegiance. Fortunately, none of superheroes were hurt. But that didn't matter to Stephan. What he saw was an act of war. An unforgivable betrayal. Bobby didn't see it that way. He merely saw it as a HUGE misunderstanding that could be fixed with some handshakes and promises.

These different views caused Stephan to leave the Allegiance, unable to convince Bobby and the rest of the team to join him in his crusade against humanity. None of them have seen Stephan since. Bobby tried to contact his best friend to dissuade him and come back to Allegiance, but to no avail. Tonight would be his last chance.

Eleven minutes late. He'll understand. Bobby thought to himself as he looked at his watch with a quirky smile on his face. He exited out of his car and headed into the Ragnarok bar. Bobby never understood what drew the two of them to this particular bar. Maybe it was the atmosphere. Perhaps seeing normal humans lallygag around made them feel better knowing that these were the people they were risking their lives for everyday. Or maybe it was the unique stench of the place. Bobby spotted Stephan already drowning himself in liquor shots.

"I see you haven't changed a bit," Bobby said as he gave Stephan a stern hug. He then signaled over to the bar owner for two gin and tonics. Giving Stephan a concerned look, Bobby cautiously chose his words right. He then politely asked, "So... how have you been, old friend?"

katy-perry-dark-horse-5.gif

Holy crap! I just looked out my window and saw a huge ball of fire in the sky!!!

Oh wait.....

[Today 09:55 PM] *Ralor cries*
[Today 09:55 PM] Ralor: ;-; I am an abomination to evolution
[Today 03:03 PM] Dion: i was addicted to the point where i couldnt function without some coke in my system
[Today 03:03 PM] Dion: i used to be addicted coke

It's okay, Dion...it's okay.

#3 Dion

Dion

Knight

• Knight
  • 2,565 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 08:04 PM

Stephan smiled as Bobby walked over to him. "Haven't changed a bit! Late as always." Stephan grinned as he embraced Bobby. Taking a seat next to him, he accepted the gin and tonic that Bobby ordered. "Ah... everything's here and there. Not having to save the world all the time sure helps a man a lot. I've put aside some time to actually work on the whole business deal..." Stephan spoke as he took a gulp of the drink. Pausing for a second, Stephan decided it was best to get to the point. "Look, I know you're into the whole superhero business and all, but I have a proposition for you." Stephan eyed Bobby.

"Bobby, you remember what happened three years ago? That... betrayal. We lost 4 of our own that day. And we knew, at least, I knew, that the humans never would accept us. I had my doubts at first, but its been etched into the back of my head now. There's not a doubt about it; we will be eradicated when the time comes." Stephan took another gulp of his drink. Bobby, I need your help. I want you, and all of the Allegiance to join me. I want to make the perfect world for us. For our kind. Forget those scum. They'll stab our backs one day or the other. Remember Sparrow? He's with me on this. We've already gathered many more superhumans to help us with this." Stephan's eyes shone with hope. "We'll merge our two parties! And everyone will come to know the power of "The Legion"!" Stephan smiled as he uttered the phrase. He had decided on calling his alliance of super humans The Legion.

Edited by Dion, 02 January 2012 - 10:44 PM.

...V HAS COME TO...

dQqhfU.gif

ngoahxS.jpg

#4 Crimson Jazz

Crimson Jazz

Knight

• Knight
  • 851 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 10:53 PM

Bobby took a gulp of his gin and tonic as he listened to what Stephan had to say. His best friend seemed somewhat... different. He seemed more lost than ever, and more rugged around the edges. His views became more twisted. They were still the same, only this time they sounded even harsher. The superhumans ruling regular humans? That would go conflict with everything the two of them once stood for, and it was something he knew The Legionnaire, the original protector of Aequitas, would not approve of.

Bobby took another sip of his drink and then leaned back in the booth seat. He looked at Stephan and said, "What you're suggesting still sounds a lot like war. Stephan, we don't need a war. The humans will come to forgive us as long as we continue to protect them. And you know you can't trust Sparrow. We don't know ANYTHING about him. I won't be involved in anything that brings harm to humans, and neither should you. Now, stop all this crazy talk and come back to the Tower with me. I've recruited some new heroes to our cause since you've been gone."

Edited by Crimson Jazz, 02 January 2012 - 10:58 PM.

Holy crap! I just looked out my window and saw a huge ball of fire in the sky!!!

Oh wait.....

[Today 03:03 PM] Dion: i was addicted to the point where i couldnt function without some coke in my system

#5 Dion

Dion

Knight

• Knight
  • 2,565 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 11:22 PM

Letting Bobby talk after he had finished, Stephan listened to see what his friend had to say. Angered by his reaction, Stephan slammed his glass on the table, using a little too much energy in his action. "Bullshit! We protected them for two years. We stood our watch, we played the dog. We fended off those trivial things for them. Bank robberies and car chases?" Stephan paused for a second to see if his words had any weight in Bobby's eyes. "We're better than that, Bobby... And you know it!" Stephan got up from his seat. "We deserve to rule them! Deep down, somewhere in there, you agree with what I'm saying. And I know you do." Stephan cried out bitterly. He felt like a child, standing there, trying to persuade his best friend. He felt even more like a child because of the pain it brought him to think that his proposal had been shot down so fast.

"Alright. I see where it stands. I was hoping it wouldn't come to this. I wouldn't spill our blood over them." Stephan's voice was only a whisper now. "I didn't want to do this, Bobby, but you leave me no choice." Stephan pointed his finger towards Bobby. "If you and your "heroes" try to come between us, and our utopia, I will slam you down so hard into the ground, that you'll never rise up." He said through gritted teeth. Feeling as if his words had enough effect on Bobby, Stephan stepped out of the bar. Things in Aequitas were about to change fast.

~

December 24th 2010 9:23 AM

"Ladies and gentlemen, we stand at the crossroad of the modern world." Stephan spoke as he addressed The Legion. Pouring himself a glass of champagne, he spoke. "Gone is the day when our ancestors were mere baboons. We stand at the threshold of the modern day; humans have never been what they are now. And for that, I open my arms to you." Stephan noticed Richard shift slightly in his seat. Smirking, Stephan began again. "Today is the age of the superhuman. And our plans are finally coming to a fruition." Taking a sip of his champagne, Stephan paused. "Unfortunately, to achieve our goal, we will have to spill the blood of our own. But that is for the greater good, and trust me, brothers and sisters, that none of it will be for not. Today, we act."

Getting up briskly from his seat, Stephan walked over to projection screen that was behind him. A simulation of the city would appear. The simulation would move to the object of interest; the Aequitas Stock Exchange building. "You may all know that to achieve our goals, we must first hit our enemies back. Let our first strike be the most powerful. We will attack them where it hurts most." Stephan let on a rather sarcastic smile. "I know what you're thinking, Kestel, but keep your thoughts to yourself. We will hit them in the pocket." Stephan tapped the building. "We begin our conquest tonight; no questions asked." Stephan looked over the group. "Don't hesitate in leaving now. Just know that you will be run over along with Robert and the rest of his lackeys." Stephan said. "The world will know the power of The Legion."

~

December 24th 2010 8:38 PM

Richard wiped the blood from his katana as he continued his walk towards the Aequitas Stock Exchange building. "...That makes twelve." Richard spoke as he counted the number of police officers he had cut down. He led The Legion under Stephan's orders through the streets of Aequtias. If all went according to plan, the heroes would attack the group of villains and Stephan would find his way inside the building by forceful entry. Richard was actually aching for a good fight. It had been years since he had had the chance to exercise his full powers. These police officers weren't the least bit interesting. Taking a halt infront of the building, Richard waited along with the other villains.

Edited by Dion, 02 January 2012 - 11:34 PM.

...V HAS COME TO...

dQqhfU.gif

ngoahxS.jpg

#6 Secret Igshar

Secret Igshar

Pwner of Noobs

• Monarch
  • 3,796 posts
  • your worst nightmare

User's Awards

Posted 02 January 2012 - 11:55 PM

Jack stretched and strolled into the living room of his flat, brushing his teeth as he dropped down onto the couch to resume his show, already in progress. The commercials ended, but the show had not returned for two seconds before it was interrupted with a breaking news story. Jack cocked an eyebrow and turned up the volume as the woman spoke about supers outside the stock exchange. He looked over to his beeper and saw it hadn't yet started clicking. He leaped from the chair and slammed his hand on the button to attempt to send a call out to the rest of the Allegiance, or, at least, Power Man. He wasn't too sure if the thing even worked in reverse, to be honest. He'd never used it much, but it seemed to work when he had.

He tossed his toothbrush into the kitchen sink and slipped into his bedroom, quickly donning his costume and leaping out the window over his headboard. No time for stairs.

Ice materialized beneath him and slid him forward, along the edges of the buildings, toward the Stock Exchange building as quickly as he could go. This was bad. The level of devastation reported could only be caused by supers. Multiple supers.

As he approached, he spotted a bunch of supers he had never seen before, led by a man he knew all too well. Sparrow, Richard Greyson. He raised his ice up and dropped down on the sign which read "STOCK EXCHANGE." He cracked his knuckles as he stood there, silhouetted against the moonlit sky. His breathing accelerated, his body's temperature began to drop. No mercy. That man deserved none.

He would wave one hand through the air and shout, "Hey, Dick, long time no see! I see your heart hasn't thawed at all in three years." He clenched the hand he hadn't raised into a fist. He asked, "So I see you've brought a ragtag lot of sheep along with you tonight, eh? All brainwashed by you and Stephan, no doubt."

His eyes covertly scanned the group. He then swiveled his head around a bit and nodded, "Oh, and don't worry. The others'll be here soon. Why don't we get started?" Both his fists clenched and iced over quickly. He'd let them come to him.

#7 Valor

Valor

Valorous

• Monarch
  • 3,874 posts
  • This is My Design

User's Awards

Posted 03 January 2012 - 12:10 AM

Perched high atop the tallest building in Aequitas, Azure Arachnid sat and waited. He had been told and warned that Stephan's newly formed Legion might be making moves soon. He had shrugged off Power Man's worry as being unrealistic. They'd never make such a bold move this soon after their meeting. Still, he knew that Power Man's mantra of better safe than sorry did have its benefits from time to time.

Something inexplicable called his gaze towards the Stock Exchange building. He wasn't sure what it was, but he noticed his costumed eyes were fixated on it. He rapped his sinewy fingers against the handles of his tonfa. They seemed to be shaking - tingling with excitement. A small grin slid across his lips beneath his mask as he sat and stared. Something good was coming. Something... exciting.

Without a word, he fell from the side of the building, catching his slender frame on a healthy gathering of organic webbing that stuck fast to a nearby building and held his weight without issue. He gave it a quick tug as he reached the bottom of his descent to feel his body fly back up into the night sky. The feeling of freedom was overwhelming for a moment before his descent began again. Within moments he was perched atop a water tower overlooking the Stock Exchange building. There was definite movement going on street level. He touched his fingertips to his hip and flipped open a small cellular phone. He pressed the 1 button, dialing up his old pal Power Man. When there was no answer, he sighed, figuring that the man was certainly on his way. Suddenly, a familiar voice rang out from ahead of him. He smirked. Pops starting early.

He tucked the phone back into his belt and spun a pair of webs to the Stock Exchange building. He gave a mighty pull on the incredibly strong webbing and was rocketing silently through the air. He turned in mid-air, showing off extreme agility as he perched besides Frostbite as he finished his speech.

"Don't go giving me the cold shoulder there, pal."
Azure Arachnid said as he stood tall beside his Heroic pal.

"Never pegged you for a cop killer, you gaijin sack of shit."
Arachnid snapped at Sparrow.

"Then again, who here is really surprised that good ole Dick here turned out to be a douchebag? Show of hands.
" He continued, holding out his arms as if addressing the costumed people below him.

"So then, Frosty. I hope you brought plenty of ice for these bruises we're gonna be doling out."
He finished, drawing the twin tonfa from his hip and readying them.

#8 Ralor

Ralor

Knight

• Knight
  • 781 posts
  • A Musical Madman

Posted 03 January 2012 - 12:41 AM

Minju and Dentoka had been playing video games at their treehouse. Suddenly, Minju's beacon set off. Minju smiled. "Duty calls. Cover me, bro." Dentoka nodded. Minju put on his suit, opened a chest, and pulled out three of his puppets, Spike, Killer Bee, and Firepower.

Dr. Strings called into Dentoka on his headset. "How far, bro?
Dentoka looked at his situation from a security camera network nearby. "They're just out of range of sight, but you'll hit them."
"Roger."

Strings released a string and was seemingly catapulted towards the scene from behind the crowd of villains, all three puppets flying right with him. "Dr. Strings' patented Quadruple Invisible Catapult Sneak-Attack! After plowing over a few of the crowd of villains, Strings would activate a secondary string mechanism lifting him and the puppets up and over with the other heroes.

Edited by Ralor, 03 January 2012 - 12:44 AM.

#9 Kingroy

Kingroy

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 12:55 AM

Zooming through the dark of night, Desert Eagle made his way towards the stand off on his black motorcycle. He could feel the seriousness of the situation even from the distance. He turned up the speed as he faced two cop cars blocking the way to his comrades. With his mostly black, save for the white mouth piece of his helmet, enhanced body suit he became a big black blur. He then popped a wheelie and followed up by raising his motorcycle off the ground. The motorcycle pounced into the air like a beast and came down smoothly near the Allegiance members like a bird. As he slowed down he turned the motorcycle sideways behind the three heroes.

"Dead cops?" Desert Eagle said as he hopped off his motorcycle in his mask altered static like voice.

He then grabbed his namesake gun and cocked it back.

"How about you guys get serious?"

He walked up to the two and then faced Frosty.

"Where is Power Man? We can all show up for a half thought out bank robbery but not this?"

Desert Eagle then turned to the killers and shook his head in disappointment.

"I'd really love to end this quick by taking you guys down right now but I don't want to get fussed at for leaving Power-Man out of a fight. Even if it isn't a good one."

Edited by Kingroy, 03 January 2012 - 01:00 AM.

[Today 07:02 PM] Kingroy: <.<
[Today 07:02 PM] Crimson Jazz: I know right!?!
[Today 07:02 PM] Kingroy: >.>
[Today 07:02 PM] Tengo Cash: Beiber is the man

Screw You ↑ You ↖ You ↗ You ↙ You → You ↓ You ↩ You ↪ You ↬ You ↫ You ↪ You ↩ You ↲ You ↯ You ↱ You ↰ You ↷ You ↳ You ↶ You ↴ You ↵ & You ↺

#10 The Dream

The Dream

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,967 posts
  • ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Posted 03 January 2012 - 01:31 AM

Crow followed the man, Sparrow, through the city of Aequtias. Their leader, Stephan, had sent them here for a plan he had. Crow just wanted to play with the humans and put them against the "heroes" of Aequtias. Play with their minds and make the ones that some of them looked up to look like the evil they imagine in their nightmares. She smiled and crossed her arms when they stopped in front of the stock exchange building. She was itching for some action. The girl behind the costume, Libby, was not the sweet girl everyone knew her as. When she put on her costume, she became the terror that was Crow, spreading her wings out as if it was a signal to fear.

Soon, a few of the heroes appeared. She felt very insulted when she was counted as a mere sheep that had been brainwashed. She wanted to melt the ice controlling hero right then and there. Next to arrive was the spider hero, Azure Arachnid. Crow then looked behind her and saw a boy with three puppets fly towards them on a string. She rose her eyebrow and quickly stepped to the side, easily avoiding this "sneak-attack" that he shouted about. She flapped her wings once when he joined the heroes, slightly annoyed at the random outburst. Not surprised that the heroes were jumping out of no where, no Crow would never admit that. Next came Desert Eagle on his bike.

Crow smirked as she looked at the group of heroes. "So this is a group we might have beat to a bloody pulp? A guy that still plays with dolls, an ice cube, a bug and some punk that drives around on a motorcycle. What a sorry bunch" she flapped her wings once more slightly, keeping the smirk on her face as she looked at the heroes.

Edited by The Dream, 03 January 2012 - 04:47 PM.

TheDreamEX.png

tumblr_n6lpksz2V81sfgfh0o1_500.gif

Gif not by me

A little one

#11 Dion

Dion

Knight

• Knight
  • 2,565 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 07:30 AM

"Oh, come on, now, Spidey, don't pretend you didn't miss me." Richard said as he wiped away the last bit of blood from his katana. "We had some good times back then." Richard sheathed his katana. He wanted to make this last as long as possible. The more time Stephan had, the better. "And this is what you guys have managed to gather over the last three years?" Richard asked as the man that called himself "Strings" catapulted over the villains. "You'll be the first to be cut down." He called out to the man as he flew overhead, attempting to intimidate the young man. Richard noticed that the man operated on invisible strings, using them to control his puppets. Hmm... Some kind of psychic power... This one might be dangerous. Richard looked over the line of heroes that had now assembled. "We don't want to spill the blood of our brothers. Just step aside and let us do this and you'll escape unscathed." The first shots of this battle were not being fired by Richard.

Edited by Dion, 03 January 2012 - 05:48 PM.

...V HAS COME TO...

dQqhfU.gif

ngoahxS.jpg

#12 Crimson Jazz

Crimson Jazz

Knight

• Knight
  • 851 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 04:57 PM

Bobby stood in the conference room of the Allegiance Tower. He couldn't get his meeting with Stephan out of the back of his head. He never heard such anger in his best friend's voice. The words Stephan spoke gave Bobby a legitimate reason to fear him now. He realized that Stephan's words gave Bobby fair game to stop him through any means necessary. This didn't give him comfort, but it seemed that this was the only logical course of action. Whatever his former ally had planned, Bobby would be ready.

Speaking of which. Bobby heard his Allegiance communication device beep. It was Frostbite contacting the rest of the team. There was trouble afoot at the Aequitas Stock Exchange. Probably an attack of Stephan's doing. Bobby raced to the Allegiance Armory Room and put on his suit. He then exited the Tower and ran as fast as he could to the ASE.

Ten minutes later, Power Man arrived on scene, noticing that every member of the team was already there. As he walked next to his teammates, he also spotted Richard Grayson, a former member of the Allegiance that Stephan said had joined him in his crusade. Behind Dick were about four other people, possibly superhumans. Power Man smirked at this sight. They all seemed pitiful.

"This is what we're up against?" asked Power Man to his teammates. He then shrugged his shoulders and said, "I guess Stephan couldn't find anyone better than this lot."

Power Man was simply toying with Dick and his allies. He knew these people had to be dangerous. Stephan wouldn't have picked them if they weren't. He took a battle-ready stance, waiting for one of the fools to attack him.

Oh wait.....

#13 qster

qster

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,216 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 06:08 PM

Trevor was clear on the plan of attack that they were tasked with, Stephan being clear that they were to attack the stock exchange of Aequitas City. As the night sky was black and cloudy with snow on the ground, he casually walked towards the stock exchange building, a guard standing up front, watching as he approached. Trevor reached for the door, but his hand was pulled back, causing Trevor to stare at him in slight annoyance. Taking his hand off the door as the guard was ready to speak, he turned to his as the guard shined a light at him, a questioning look on his face.

"Sir, you do know of the policy no shirts, no shoes, no service, right? I'm sorry, but I can't let you in, sir. Please, get a shirt and come back later." The guard questioned, wondering how he looked so familiar.

"Oh, but I've got a shirt right... here." Trevor replied calmly as his legs grew skinnier, but his arm grew into a large spike.

Trevor drove the appendage through the guard's neck, causing his blood to splatter on Trevor's chest, gurgling his blood in pain and death. Once the man was dead, he shoved the corpse off of his arm, then laid down next to him to adjust his height to that of the man's. He rose up and pressed his hands on the man's face, applying the same bone structure to his own face while he morphed his own body as well. After adjusting his body to match that of his victims, he stripped the man to his boxers and threw his own duffel bag into a nearby bush, donning the guard's clothing, a basic police uniform with a cap to cover his head.

Calmly walking back into the building, Trevor noticed another guard sitting against a wall, sipping coffee from a mug as he watched Trevor walk past with a friendly smile. Trevor gave the man a simple wave, to which the man had a questioned look on his face, rushing to him from behind. With concern on his face, he tapped Trevor on the shoulder, pulling him around to see him. Trevor stood still for a second, hoping the man wasn't alarmed or spotted his now dead partner.

"Hey Burt, you're looking a bit pale, man. You have the flu or something?" The concerned guard asked, his hand on Trevor's shoulder.

"You know, Bernie," he said after looking at the man's name tag,"I think you might just be overworked. Perhaps you need a bit of a break." With that final word, he morphed his hand into the end of a sledgehammer and slammed it towards the head of the fellow guard, a sharp crack--his neck-- following the motion as he fell to the floor. Trevor simply walked away, morphing his hand back to normal. He finally reached the room where all the action would take place.

"So sorry for being so late, ladies and gentlemen. Getting in here wasn't as easy as it was for me as it must have been for you guys. The guards are doing a fine job, I must say. Things did get a little... messy though." Trevor announced, throwing the officer's clothing to the side while his black cargo pants were shown as he pulled the clothing off.

Edited by qster, 03 January 2012 - 06:10 PM.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Posted Image

#14 Dexel Hydagara

Dexel Hydagara

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,310 posts
  • Arcade Adept

Posted 03 January 2012 - 06:26 PM

Kestel looked up at his boss as he mentioned for him to keep his thoughts to himself and that they would hit their enemies first in the pocket. The man gave a slight "tch" in annoyance, though he remained silent, knowing he wasn't the brains behind this group. Not that he had any desire to be, anyhow.

-x-

Kestel walked through the city of Aequtias behind the man called "Sparrow", still slightly irritated at this so-called mission Stephan had given them. Attacking the Stock Exchange building, really...he was disrupted from his thoughts when they stopped in front of the building, and gave a slight chuckle as two heroes, one slinging webs, another who had arrived on a stairway of ice, appeared before them and seemed to converse with Sparrow. A spider and a snowman, huh...gee, aren't you folks impressive. Even got some alliteration going on there.

Kestel seemed unfazed as some idiot came hurling through the sky behind them and shouted something so ridiculous he nearly wanted to bang his head against the wall and ask the kid how young he had to be, and took a small hop out of the way as "Dr." Strings ( as the dunce's name appeared to be, though his right to call himself a doctor Kestel highly doubted ) passed through the group. Next up came a man riding a motorcycle - guess what his favorite color was? - and someone who wore some sort of suit and a mask...made completely of yellow material. Nice. They even have the Bumblebee Duo when it comes to colors.

Kestel went from annoyed at the insults they flung to nearly bursting at his seams with laughter at the sight of them all. He tried poorly to compose himself at first, but ended up laughing like an idiot at this rare treat. When he was done, he donned a serious look and glanced up at the heroes, noticing nobody wanted to start throwing punches just yet. "Hmm...hesitant, are we? I'll admit, I don't like the prospect of hurting you guys, either. In fact, I'd perfer not to. You ain't the same as them. Humans, that is." Kestel grinned a little and waited for someone to break this awkward pause. This fight wouldn't be started on a bolt from his account, no sir.

Edited by Dexel, 03 January 2012 - 06:54 PM.

2j87ib.jpg

#15 Dion

Dion

Knight

• Knight
  • 2,565 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 06:59 PM

Realizing that the heroes had all assembled, Richard drew his weapon once more, readying to strike. He revved the engine of his blade, heating it up. He knew that if he tried to keep buying time, they would realize that something was going on. Quickly beginning his sprint, Richard drew closer to where the super heroes stood. He sent a quick slash of energy flying towards Power Man's direction. The blow would hit him squarely in the chest and buy Richard enough time to run towards the adjacent building. Taking a quick sprint up the building, Richard lodged his blade into the wall. Jumping quickly on the blade, he used the elasticity of the metal to spring himself up to a height where he could clearly target the Azure Arachnid and Frostbite.

Quickly taking advantage of this, he would dispatch two quick flying throwing knives towards where the superheroes stood. Quickly diving after he threw the knives, Richard would grab his katana and bring it slashing down, dislodging many of the bricks in the building. He would then stand his ground, ready to fight.

...V HAS COME TO...

dQqhfU.gif

ngoahxS.jpg

#16 Ralor

Ralor

Knight

• Knight
  • 781 posts
  • A Musical Madman

Posted 03 January 2012 - 07:39 PM

Strings saw the landing spot Dick would land and quickly took measure to set a string weave that was set to trigger when his sword left the ground. In response the purpose went into effect- Spike curled up into a dangerous ball of spikes and barreled into the crew of villains before them and Killer Bee shot up and sprayed poison at them. "How DARE you compare my puppets of justice to mere children's dolls. These aren't even my best toys. Strings then caught the falling bricks with strings and launched them straight at Libby. Strings then quickly would make Firepower spew fire at Richard.

Edited by Ralor, 04 January 2012 - 03:23 PM.

#17 Blade

Blade

Administrator

• Monarch
  • 163 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 08:46 PM

" This is Muyi Shikamari, channel 4 news reporting live from the Aqueitas Stock Exchange. We have 12 dead police officers as what seems a madman's rampage. We are trying to stay out of the madman's sight but somebody has to do something. Violence has increased by 64% as of recent and more and more are caused by what seems like a super human takeover.

TV turns off.

Alexander turned off his 72 inch television and sat down on the side of his desk, shaking his whiskey glass that was filled with ice cubes. " 64% increase in violence you hear that? What does one say to that? chuckled Alexander. He laid his glass on the desk and stood up facing two of his informants who were standing. He circled around the two observing them from head to toe.

Maria Manzanares- Alexander always had a soft sport for Maria, sure she was rude and and always liked to talk back, but when he needed something done he knew Maria was the one who would never fail. Sometimes Alexander didn't know if he would hug her or throw her a sandwich.

Penelope Milkweed- There was something about Penelope that Alexander found very attractive, was it that she was extremely muscular? or the fact her sapphire blue eyes attracted any man's attention? Alexander mostly admired her power and he was sure to help her get the best out of them to use it to his advantage.

Octavius Roswald- First thing anybody would notice about him was how built he looked, he looked like a teenager compared to most of the people who worked for him. Octavius was always well dressed and always managed to stand tall without fear.

As Alexander circled the two he stepped in front of Octavius, grabbing his tie and tightening it tightly to see if he would nudge. " So Mr.Legonairrrrreee, the city looked at you like you were a god, a god that could have anything or anyone. " Alexander took a step back, reaching for the glass of whiskey that laid on his desk. " One thing that I don't understand however is why give it all up? Why exactly are you here? We both know that you could be doing more if you were out there. " Alexander took a few steps forward where he met Octavius's eyes, he leaned over to his ear and whispered. " Who's side are you really on? "

Ale
xander chuckled, " They expect us to come out there and clean up after them, but enough is enough. The time for us to sit back and clean up must come to a close. I however am interested in what you three have to say. Seeing as you three are my trusted associates I want to know what you would do in this situation, then I will tell you what I am going to do. "

Alexander walked over to his desk where he sat and patiently waited for each one to answer.

#18 Secret Igshar

Secret Igshar

Pwner of Noobs

• Monarch
  • 3,796 posts
  • your worst nightmare

User's Awards

Posted 04 January 2012 - 12:28 AM

Frostbite stepped aside as the energy burst flew toward Power Man, beside him. Dick practically flew up toward them. The knife was a pitiful display. Dick knew it would do nothing. It was more of a bait. Come get me.

Frostbite deflected it with his iced fist without much issue. It buried itself in the wall. He knew they couldn't focus all their manpower on Dick and expect to win this fight. Strings seemed to be handling the winged wonder, so Frostbite elected to go for the ground, ignoring Doctor Strings' puppets' assaults. Spike would do little against supers in a frontal assault, and that toxin wasn't lethal. Power Man made sure of that.

He would leap out toward the group, landing with a hard thud in the middle of them, a small ice sculpture erupting where he landed, buffering his impact. He made an effort to avoid landing on any of the enemies individually. His eyes flicked to the bumblebee and he said, "Let's rumble." He expected someone to get his back and handle the others. He had no idea what the bumblebee did, but his comments seemed a bit arrogant, almost talking down to them.

He would keep the cold temperature of his body contained just within himself, in an effort to avoid injuring his allies with his cold energies. He'd wave his hand through the air, releasing the ice from his left hand and sending it hurtling toward the bumblebee as a hard ball of ice. He anticipated a dodge and was ready for a counter-attack, though likely not one of the caliber Discharge could deliver.

-------

Maria watched the news with a morbid fascination. Twelve dead already? The night was still young.

She smirked at Alexander's first question and whispered, "One celebrates it. More violence by them means more violence by me." Her mouth twisted into a grin.

Alexander seemed to then question Octavius' loyalties. She watched and listened, but said nothing out of turn. It was not her place to interfere with Mr. Love's business. It was her place to obey Mr. Love's orders to the best of her ability. And her best was quite good. She smiled to herself.

Love addressed the rest with a rather loaded question. What should they do about a growing superhuman violence threat? Maria's answer was simple, and Alexander would likely sign off on it. She locked her bony fingers behind her head and cooed, "Well, I would say that we should just stir up some more ruckus, like three years ago... but I'm sure you design make a more... graceful solution." She flicked her eyes to one side and trailed off. She shrugged and said, "My winds blow only where you wish them to, Sir, you know that." A gentle breeze would then sweep through the closed office, enough to shift a few papers on the desk and tousle the hair of each person assembled.

Edited by Rumbleroar, 04 January 2012 - 12:52 AM.

#19 Valor

Valor

Valorous

• Monarch
  • 3,874 posts
  • This is My Design

User's Awards

Posted 04 January 2012 - 12:53 AM

Octavius tilted his head to the side as Love was speaking. His deep set eyes followed the man around the room. He had his hands folded over his lap. His left hand's fingers were gently touching the edges of a manila envelope in his lap. He gingerly unwound the red string as Love continued talking. He fished the papers from the envelope as the young girl beside him spoke.

"Clearly a man of your stature, Mister Love, doesn't wholeheartedly believe in what some bimbo on the news has to report on such a calculable statistic as 'Violence'."
He said, using air quotes for the final word.

"My report to you today was actually about how crime has been recovering steadily ever since the incident three years ago. The Allegiance has been doing some fine work, in my opinion. A steep drop off as of recently as well."
He continued, sliding the folder across Love's desk.

"To the point of your accusation, or should we just say question - in order to avoid such ugly word choices - I would have to tell you that I have been always on the only side that matters. The side of justice. While I may look like a greenhorn, my body is not what it used to be. The Allegiance is more than qualified to do the dirty work in this troublesome age. Let the young ones have their fun and get their aggression out on each other. I've been patrolling these streets since I was eighteen years old. Four months ago I celebrated a birthday of my forties. Which one, however, is a closely guarded secret."

He paused briefly, realizing he was caught monologuing. He chuckled, as some habits die harder than others, and he finished, "As my findings indicate, there is simply no reason for us to take any drastic action as of yet. The Allegiance is doing a fine job of keeping our streets safe. In this world inhabited by people like ourselves, destruction will come, clean up will come, and safety will always be preserved by those who uphold the law."

Having made his point quite clearly, Octavius sat quietly and waited for a reply.

~~~

Azure Arachnid slapped Desert Eagle on the back of the helmet - very lightly - as he appeared.

"Who says I'm not taking this seriously, Eags?"

Power Man appeared and Arachnid waved, "Oh sup, boss. Glad you could show up. Keep your phone on next time. You had me worried." He teased.

Azure Arachnid grinned wide beneath his mask as his former ally leaped into action.

"Ohhhh, Richie-boy, I've been waiting a long time for this."
He cooed.

A flick of his wrist and a bit of a web saw the knife dealt with quickly. He watched as the Sparrow plummeted off of the building and the bricks dealt with by the kid. He slipped off the building and landed beside Frosty and tapped his tonfa on the ground a few times.

"Any takers?"
He wondered.

#20 The Dream

The Dream

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,967 posts
  • ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Posted 04 January 2012 - 01:09 AM

Libby smirked at Strings reply, flying up high into the air in a split second before the bricks could hit her. She looked at the boy and chuckled some more. "Not even your best toys? Yeah, sounding like a ten year old surely backs you up" she smirked and crossed her arms as she flapped her wings, hovering in the air. She wanted to dive in an attack Strings, but the heroes would easy swat her away like a fly if she did. She wasn't as strong as everyone else, all she had was her claws, speed and the ability to terrify the minds of many.

She watched the ice cube man go to the ground and Azure Arachnid go after their temporary leader. Nice, lets see what I can do. There aren't any humans around so I'll just have to improvise with the guys mind.

-----

Penelope watched the tv screen, horrified at the sight. She asked herself why were there supers doing such cruel and insane acts? What is the meaning and reason for all this violence? She sighed and looked at Alexander when he asked them their first question. She didn't answer, no Penelope only look down shyly and thought of her answer in her head for a while, then debated if she should answer vocally or not. She was sure the other two would answer with answers she would say. Finally, she decided to just mumbled the words, not sure if she wanted to be ignored or not for how quietly she'd speak.

"That's a big increase, it's horrible to hear that it's happening in Aqueitas" Penelope was used to violence, her life did revolve around if when she finished high school. Death was a totally different thing that Penelope didn't mind unless it was senseless. Like the twelve police officers being killed.

She looked back to Alexander when he asked them what they would do with such a situation. She bumped the tips of her index fingers together while being hesitant on how to answer. Penelope did know Alexander for a while, but there was something about the man that always made her feel timid. Maybe it was because he was their boss? She wanted to be more up front and less shy with him but she just couldn't do it.

She smiled slightly as a bit of air came into the office and slightly pushed the hair that was not covered by her beanie. She suspected Maria has caused that after she replied. She listened to Octavius's answer and looked down a little. Penenlope's reply wasn't as "intelligent" sounding, if that was the right word to use, as his. She just softly smiled and let her hands down to her sides. "Well, this is why you're the boss and I'm the worker" she said, growing the slightest shade of pink on her cheeks before looking down again, her hair covering her cheeks as she did. She wondered what the other team members thought of her behavior when she could feel the warmth on her cheeks. Penelope felt a little stupid when she did act like this, but it was just an automatic way for her to act.

Edited by The Dream, 04 January 2012 - 01:12 AM.

TheDreamEX.png

tumblr_n6lpksz2V81sfgfh0o1_500.gif

Gif not by me

A little one