#1 Secret Igshar

Secret Igshar

Pwner of Noobs

• Monarch
  • 3,796 posts
  • your worst nightmare

User's Awards

Posted 16 January 2012 - 09:23 PM

“Hey, Zack, the conference is on!” Fionna called as she kicked her bare, green feet up onto the table and leaned back in her chair. The flower on the table wobbled and swayed as her eyes watched the flickering, blurry image on the two-decades-too-old television set. The clop of hooves distracted her for a moment as she said, “Have a seat, stay a while.”

Zachariah waved a hand dismissively, “Can’t, go’ work t’do. Y’know, jus’ cuz yer job’s t’sit’n yer arse all day don’ mean mine is, too.” His brown eyes flicked to the screen. “Cass git there yet?”

“Nope.”

Zack clip-clopped out of the room. Fionna looked back to the screen to see Damian Praesent waving back at her with a huge grin on his face.

He placed his hands on the podium and announced into the microphone, “This is a historic day for this great nation and all of its Mutant inhabitants. Today, we will finally set into motion laws protecting and expanding the rights and liberties of Mutants throughout the country. Today, we take the first step of many more to come toward an eventual, final peace among all Humans, regardless of the circumstances of our births.” Cheers and clapping erupted from the vast amphitheater which lay before Damian.

His eyes scanned the crowd, jumping from smiling face to smiling face. These people adored him. They respected what he stood for. They were on his side. He flashed a quick thumbs up to his team in the front row and bowed off the podium. The Secretary of State stepped up, taking long, dignified steps as she moved. She tapped a stack of papers against the podium and cleared her throat. Her strong voice betrayed her frail, graying looks as she announced, “Historic indeed, Professor, and I am utterly delighted to be joining you in this venture. Our country shall be the first of many to recognize that Mutants, different though they may be, are still our brothers, sisters, fathers, and mothers. They still bleed red, the same as us. We are bound together by things deeper than what we see on the surface, and it is these bonds which have brought all of you here today. It is my hope that one day the world will understand that Mutants should not be feared and jailed, but celebrated and esteemed.” She stepped back from the podium and walked over to take a seat behind the desk which had been set up on the stage. She would be acting in the President’s stead at this meeting, Damian understood, because the President had been feeling a bit under the weather of late. Damian smiled as pen clicked and its tip touched the paper.

Thunder clapped, then, resonating throughout the open-air amphitheater. Damian’s gaze flew skyward. Dark clouds rolled in overhead, extending out from behind the stands until they covered the sky for a wide range around the area. A flash blinded everyone in the area suddenly, followed by a loud crack as a bolt of lightning struck the open ground between the stage and the stands. People were unsure what to think. The weather had been beautifully sunny and clear just minutes ago. Then he saw, or, rather, felt it. Damian turned to see a tall, slender woman standing just behind the Secretary of State. Her skin was dark, tinted oddly purple, though her eyes were a bright, shining shade of green. She smiled wide, flashing sharp, white teeth. A long, black gown hung about her frail frame and a pair of elbow-length gloves hugged her long-nailed hands. The woman’s long, slender fingers curled around the Secretary’s shoulders. Damian made a move toward her, but in a flash the woman held a wickedly curved dagger to the throat of the Secretary. She simply sat there, shaking uncontrollably as a tear leaked from one eye. The pen slipped from her hand.

As the dark woman ran a finger from her other hand along the Secretary’s cheek, she cooed, slowly and deliberately, “Nuh-uh-uh, Damian dearest, I’d advise against taking another step. You see, my hands get a bit twitchy when I get nervous.” She looked to him as her voice rose drastically to a shout, directed toward the assembled crowd, “This legislation is far too weak. It grants far too much power to these disrespectful, ignorant apes!” She sneered before continuing, “They are unworthy of standing as equals among us!”

Before Damian could react, another bright flash would blind the spectators, though the bolt this time struck the center of the stands. The electricity surged through the man who sat there and seared through his bench and the one below, scattering stone and bodies in a small area. When the flash was gone, so, too, were both the mysterious woman and the Secretary of State.

[If any member of Pafei should lash out and attempt to attack the woman during these events, the lightning would simply strike then instead.]

Damian immediately collected his faculties and shouted at the top of his lungs, hopefully reaching the ears of his team, Pafei, “I’ll protect the people! Try and find out who’s behind this weather!” He leaped off the stage and dashed toward the panicking people, struggling to keep them in line. Trying his best to keep them protected. A pink bubble of energy erupted around those wise enough to accept his protection, though he would not be able to hold it long against any sort of sustained assault.

The stone wall behind the stage would then explode out toward the stands with ferocious force. Stones the size of smart cars hurtled outward from the blast. From the rubble emerged what could only be described as a human bug. The man had a wiry frame, though he oddly sported a pair of thin wings which resembled those of a wasp. His skin seemed to be coated in a thin case of bone, as though his skeleton were on the outside. To top it off, he wore a yellow, skintight suit, adorned with a black symbol in the center of his chest, which any student or teacher present would recognize as the symbol of the Eximiae. They had been studying the attacks by this group for some time, though this would be their first official introduction. Wasp threw his arms out to his sides and ejected a barbed, red stinger from the end of each wrist, protruding out through his palm. They stuck out three inches from his palm and seemed quite sharp. His wings buzzed as he zipped this way and that, looking to cut a clean path to get to the bubble.

As if one would not be enough, another climbed his way out through the rubble. This man stood tall, well-built, and his face seemed rugged and well-defined. His skin looked rough, heavy, as if it had the consistency of stone, and atop his head stood a half-foot-tall crown which looked remarkably similar to the top of the castle on a Chess board. This crown seemed to meld seamlessly into the top of his head. Rook took a deep breath and tightened his jaw. His right hand then crumbled to a mass of stones and reformed itself into a long, sharp blade as he lumbered toward the group, every step he took rocking the foundations of the amphitheater.

Damian’s heart sank. He would shout, “Protecting these people is our first priority! Focus on holding them off while I try to get them to safety! I trust you guys to get my back!”

- - - - - - - - - -

The feed cut to black and Fionna clicked off the television, leaned forward, and began to pick at the fungus between her toes. She sighed and shouted, “Ya ready yet, Zack? Plan’s already started!”

“’Old yer ‘orses, wench. Ahm comin’.” Zacharia hobbled back into the room, carrying a heavy knapsack on his back. “Y’think Chuck’ll be okay on ‘is own?”

“He’s got the kids with him. He’ll be fine.” Fionna hopped up from her chair and opened the door, letting her hoofed associate exit ahead of her.

Edited by Rumbleroar, 16 January 2012 - 09:26 PM.

#2 Valor

Valor

Valorous

• Monarch
  • 3,874 posts
  • This is My Design

User's Awards

Posted 16 January 2012 - 09:45 PM

From the darkened corner of an empty dorm room, a pair of glowing eyes slid open slowly. Without a sound, a figure rose, clad in darkness as he slunk out of the room and poked a horn-adorned head into the brilliantly lit hallway of the Praesent Academy. Without another word, he slunk into the hallway and gingerly made his way towards the stairs. In an instant, he vanished into naught but smoke.

A similar plume of smoke puffed into the common room of the Academy, where a single boy was perched in a chair with a bowl of popcorn sitting in his lap, his glasses protected eyes staring at the screen in a zombie-like state. He shoveled handfuls of greasy kernels into his pimpled maw. Orias grimaced in disgust. He crept over behind the boy and looked over his head at the television.

It seemed like the rest of the group had already arrived. He had trouble keeping track of time. It seemed like the group had just left. He smiled as he saw Master Damian on screen. Against his better judgment, he reached over Robert's shoulder and grabbed a kernel of popcorn and tossed it into his mouth. He coughed and gagged. Way too much salt.

When he recovered enough to look up, he saw that there seemed to be a bit of trouble brewing for the other members of Pafei. He narrowed his glowing eyes in concern and watched the screen intently. His eyes darted about the amphitheater. He had been there before a long time ago to see a play of some sort.

He swallowed hard and focused on the stage that he saw on the television. He nodded slowly, ready to leave at a moment's notice if it seemed the team was in trouble.

Edited by Valor, 16 January 2012 - 09:47 PM.

#3 Kingroy

Kingroy

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 09:56 PM

"Go time." Leonard said to himself as he smashed his right fist into his left palm.

The yellow psionic armor began to form around his body. As the armor finished covering him, he created a psionic sword. He began a slow jog towards the villain with the sword.

He then stopped right in front of the enemy.

There was an air of awkwardness due to the fact Leo never had a real battle before. Leo then gave out the most heroic battle he could, which wasn't saying much, and charged at the man. Bringing up his blade with ease he then slammed it down with all his strength.

[Today 07:02 PM] Kingroy: <.<
[Today 07:02 PM] Crimson Jazz: I know right!?!
[Today 07:02 PM] Kingroy: >.>
[Today 07:02 PM] Tengo Cash: Beiber is the man

Screw You ↑ You ↖ You ↗ You ↙ You → You ↓ You ↩ You ↪ You ↬ You ↫ You ↪ You ↩ You ↲ You ↯ You ↱ You ↰ You ↷ You ↳ You ↶ You ↴ You ↵ & You ↺

#4 Blade

Blade

Administrator

• Monarch
  • 163 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 10:03 PM

" Thank god some fucking action. " thought Sebastian to himself. Sebastian jumped out of his seat, clenching both of his fist's nearly shaking. " You picked the wrong day to fuck with me " he yelled. Suddenly with enough focus and anger he turned his entire body on fire.

Sebastian took a few steps forwards in front of Damien and the people. He turned to face them and created a long line of fire allowing nobody to pass through to them. He then turned his head back, slowly turning his body. He grew a small fireball in his right hand.

" I've been waiting for some action, Tell me...who is feeling brave today? "

#5 Epic

Epic

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,196 posts
  • I'M BACK BITCHES

Posted 16 January 2012 - 10:51 PM

"One, two, three, four, five, six, seven..." A young man clad in a tux with a red tie stood in the bathroom of his dormitory, staring in the mirror at his brown hair, counting the brush strokes as he brushed it. "Fourteen, fifteen, sixteen, seventeen, eighteen, nineteen, twenty." He set the brush down and studied his hair. After a few seconds, a smirk crossed his lips. "Perfect." He took out a small eyebrow trimmer and began trimming his eyebrows, going through them twice before putting the piece of equipment away. He looked at himself in the mirror, stroking his chin before smiling. "Hey, sexy. Come here often?" He laughed for half a second, a grim expression replacing his smile after that. He put away the brush and the eyebrow trimmer away in the drawer, straightened his tie, then walked out of the bathroom and into his bedroom. He flopped in his bed and grabbed his mask off the nightstand. He laid on his back with the mask in front of his face. It was a relatively simple mask. It covered the face, but left the back of the head uncovered. It was made of steel with a mirror finish. A black strap held the mask to his face. "Hmph." Jason put the mask back on the nightstand, sitting up and grabbing the remote off the headboard of his bed and switching on the TV. On the screen, the Headmaster and the Secretary of State were speaking to a large crowd of people. He watched intently. This issue was one of the very few that got his blood running. Laws were being passed giving more rights to Mutants, and this got Jason excited; or whatever it is people like him feel. That was when the dark woman attacked. He didn't even flinch as lives were snuffed out and the Secretary was kidnapped. He feared not for the lives of his comrades. They have outlived their usefulness and have just become a thorn in his side, so one could make the assumption that Jason secretly wished for their deaths. "Fools. All of them." He shut the TV off, getting out of bed. "Maybe I should have gone. Get a chance to spill some blood." He bent over and reached under his bed, pulling out his clawed gauntlets. He slipped them on, striking at the air. "Oh, it has been far too long." A murderous gleam showed in his green eyes. "The feeling of flesh being cleaved from bone," he struck the air once more. "The feeling of their heart beating so fast as I rip it out of their chest!" He began wildly clawing at the air. "Their last breath coming out as a gurgle as I stare down at their battered, broken body!" Jason roared like an animal, clawing at the air as if there was a person in front of him. Once he got his wits about him, he stopped, looking as though what he had done was normal. "Not to mention the thrill of knowing you're causing them so much pain... oh, I shiver just thinking about it."

hitchens-1949-2011-by-Gasper-Tringale.jp

“Take the risk of thinking for yourself. Much more happiness, truth, beauty, and wisdom will come to you that way. I promise."

- Christopher Hitchens

#6 Guest_Griever_*

Guest_Griever_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 January 2012 - 12:25 AM

A sharp pitch would loudly erupt in the air exceeding all other noise, This could leave a slight tiny ring in a few ears but did nothing more than just catch the attention of any, or maybe all of the shocked humans who still might have been screaming and running around recklessly. "Follow Damien in the safety of the force field!" Allegro would shout out in a bellowing, commanding Baritone. The people would hopefully be more inclined to walk inside the energy force field and save themselves from any damage or death.

Allegro put the flute back to his lips and started to play a native american tune. This native american tune started with a very repetitive mid bass medium baritone tune, playing heavily on G's and C's as the base for the tune, the song grew in depth as the flute seemed to mimic the rhythm of drums, in Accented staccatos which flew into Legato notes tied together. This song told the tale of a long journey in a desert looking for water, running with the coyote as they both made their way across the burning tortures of the desert, the coyote was this mans ancestor and taught him to be strong through the journey. The tune would get deeper in tone full of meaning, then stem into quick legato phrases and quickly hype into Tenor/Alto in D Major with trills abound.

An Orange misty almost liquid looking air would start to fill around the area. He would walk toward The Wasp and his orange melody would would start to whip among the air around him, mimicking the mood of the music. A musical tirade of orange whips would make snaps and the musical energy would look solid as orange slashes would start to fly focused on only the enemy glancing by and canceling entirely if an innocent was in the way. The whips wouldn't hurt anyone at all however the slashes they created at the end of their "crack" would shallowly attack those it was directed at. Simultaneously, this orange music would start to ripple, roundly and dimensionally, almost like a portal. A sporadic orange projectile would shout out in spurts, sometimes a few, sometimes a bunch depending on the melody, as the song was just starting to pick up in this color, it would only just get more and more intense the longer he played.

#7 Dexel Hydagara

Dexel Hydagara

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,310 posts
  • Arcade Adept

Posted 17 January 2012 - 01:41 AM

At the sound of a thunderclap, Bloodhound jumped. It had been clear just a minute again, hadn't it? He could only blink and now there was another woman who had appeared at the podium, and she just as quickly departed in another flash after saying a few words. Damien shouted that he would protect the people and for them to hold off their foes, to which Gemini replied, "Understood, sir!"

Bloodhound turned his gaze to the one whose head resembled a certain chess piece, and grinned as he pulled his knife out of a pocket in his sweater and made two cuts in his left hand shaped like a cross, wincing a little. He would let the wound stay open to bleed and also forced blood out of the pores of his arm, and in a minute had formed and crystallized the blood into a longsword, then let the wound heal and stopped the flow of blood from his arm.

Gemini grabbed the sword in his right hand and looked at his foe, "Okay, then...luckily for me, this one's a bit big, ain't he?" He chuckled, and sprinted towards Rook. It seemed Guardian had choosen the same foe, so Bloodhound kept out of his ally's way, and placed his left hand on the handle of his sword as well as he made an upward, diagonal slash aimed at Rook's side.

2j87ib.jpg

#8 The Dream

The Dream

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,967 posts
  • ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Posted 17 January 2012 - 05:52 AM

A black haired woman stood in the middle of the second floor lobby, her foot tapping the ground rapidly and as she stood there with her arms crossed. "I should've gone with them, I should've.... no, the students will do fine, plus Allegro is there as well. But then two teachers on the scene would be a good idea.... No, the more teachers we have here, the lesser the chance of any of them getting out of control...... Gahhh" she mumbled to herself, a few students that heard her would think she saw going slightly mad talking to herself, or look at her with pity as she worried about what was going on in the television.

Penelope was very worried about the students. They weren't the most experienced fighters there, she knew that her skills and experience would be a great help. She shook her head and started to pace back and forth in the middle of the room. She had to have faith in them, thinking about negative things like how things could go wrong was not going to help anyone. Still, Penelope could not ignore how her heart continued to race as she thought more about what was happening.

She exhaled deeply, wanting to run out of the academy to aid Damiens and the others. She started to let her index finger circle the middle of the daisy on her t-shirt. She wasn't wearing her jacket which would cause many people to mistake her for a student. Penelope didn't care, she never did. Once she stopped pacing back and forth in the middle of the lobby, Penelope walked over to the area of the TV and watched the screen. Her eyes were glued to it as she started to softly bite the nail on her thumb. She started to let her foot tap the floor rapidly again, it seemed to be a habit of hers when she ever worried.

TheDreamEX.png

tumblr_n6lpksz2V81sfgfh0o1_500.gif

Gif not by me

A little one

#9 Secret Igshar

Secret Igshar

Pwner of Noobs

• Monarch
  • 3,796 posts
  • your worst nightmare

User's Awards

Posted 17 January 2012 - 12:57 PM

[ GUARDIAN | BLOODHOUND ]

Rook watched the tiny boy walk up to him, coated in a thin film of energy. It looked flimsy at best. He loosed a dull chuckle as the blade of energy descended toward him. He raised his left arm and caught the blade in his forearm. Much to his surprise, the sword cut into his stone flesh, about two inches deep. He felt a sharp pain course up his arm as liquid stone poured from the wound. It glowed yellow and had the consistency of regular blood, but any droplets which separated from his body would cool and turn to pebbles before striking the ground. Try as he might, though, Guardian would be unable to simply push down his blade to slice any deeper into Rook's flesh.

He brought his right hand back and drove the blade into Guardian's side with all his strength, hopefully at the very least staggering him. The blow would likely be enough to at least shock him. Guardian's armor would not hold up against any more than two blows of that strength.

His attention was then stolen by a boy with a red sword. The blade's brittle features would easily be noticed as the sword would crack upon hitting Rook's stone body. He felt nothing from the attack. With a swipe of his bladed arm, he attempted to bat the man away. If the blow connected, it would leave Bloodhound in a heap a few feet away. He might end up with a couple cracked ribs, but no serious injuries.

Despite these attacks and his responses, Rook's feet never ceased their forward march. He could even push Guardian back with his strength, though the Guardian's counter-force would slow him down more than he already was.

[
ALLEGRO | TORCH ]

Orange glows assaulted Wasp's multi-ocular vision. He at first was amazed by the pretty colors, until one of them whipped him across the chest and he stumbled back, losing a bit of altitude from shock. After that, his wing beats went into overdrive as he bobbed and weaved, avoiding each of the whips as it flew at him. It was hardly easy, but Wasp's agility in the air gave him a distinct advantage over attacks like this. By no means did he avoid any damage at all, but he avoided the brunt of it. Several shots managed to hit him when they went a little faster than he could react, mostly due to the changing tempos of the song. He saw the fire boy protecting the people and shouted to no one in particular, "Would it bug you to help me out, bolts-for-brains?"

The air around them flashed bright white as a bolt of lightning would strike just beside Allegro, churning up the ground near him and likely breaking his concentration for just enough time.

Wasp would attempt to then take advantage of this short moment of confusion to close the distance between them and drive one of his stingers into Allegro's right shoulder. [Even if Allegro were not distracted long, Wasp would attempt to bob and weave, dodging the continued orange blows]

If the barbed stinger stuck, it would tear itself from Wasp's arm and remain lodged there, pumping a very minor dose of a toxin which would slightly affect the target's reaction times. If left in for too long, the affected target would eventually pass out. The effects are non-fatal, even in the weakest Mutants. He would swoop up behind Allegro after hitting or missing and tear the other stinger from his other forearm. He'd hurl it toward Sebastian in an effort to infect him with the toxin as well. The stinger, unfortunately, was incredibly flammable.

[ GIGABYTE ]

Mr. Ripple sat in his cushioned armchair, stationed just beside Gigabyte's room's door, reading the newspaper. He mumbled and grumbled to himself, not paying much attention to anything else. Then he heard Gigabyte roar from within the room. He immediately slumped to his feet and waddled to the door, out of breath by the time he got there. A whole three feet of walking. Sheesh.

He rapped his grubby knuckles on the door and shouted,
"What are you doing in there, boy? You should be resting and reading those pamphlets I gave you yesterday! You know, the one titled "Humans and You: Why Humans are just as important as Mutants?" Come now, Jason, relax."

[
BRIMSTONE | STRONG ]

Robert cocked an eyebrow as he watched the screen. Things went really bad, really quick... The reporter, he gave her quite a lot of credit for this, stuck out through the whole thing, filming as best as she could.

Then there was a third flash of lightning, and the face of the woman from earlier appeared in the lens.

She grinned and said,
"Hello, fair citizen, I would be much obliged if you would accompany me on a little trip."

The camerawoman screamed as the purple woman covered the lens with her hand and the feed cut to black.

Robert leaped to his feet, the popcorn scattering everywhere.
"I must alert Sir Praesent!"He wheeled about and tried to leap the couch, hoping to look cool in the presence of Orias and Strong, members of Pafei. All it got him was his foot catching on the underside of the couch cushion and his face slamming, hard, into the floor behind the couch. He groaned in pain, his glasses smushed against his face,"I'm okay."He crumpled to the floor in a heap behind the couch, moaning more from embarrassment than pain.

-----

Fionna wound a tree branch into a knot while she sat there in the forest, sighing heavily. "Where the hell is Cass? Dumpin' this shit off and then leavin'? What's up with that?" She kicked a stone toward the unconscious Secretary of State.

"She'll git 'ere when she means to. Ye should know tha'." Zachariah picked his right ear with a pinky and went about drawing a symbol on the ground around a stump in the center of the clearing. He lit candles around the edge of the circle he drew and set the Secretary in a seated posture upon the stump. He placed a gold-trimmed silver goblet in the her lap before he dropped down against a tree and relaxed.

"Why'd I need to come, anyway? I should be helpin' Chuck. That Praesent chump's team ain't a bunch of pushovers."

"Ha, nobody's e'er even made 'im bleed before, 'sides me'n you. What're a buncha kids gonna do?"

The purple-skinned woman, Cassandra, walked out from the trees, dragging the camerawoman along with her. The camera was still rolling. Anyone watching would have seen the feed return about a minute and a half after the feed cut off. When it returned, the camera would be looking at the dark view within the forest. It would then be dragged along toward the clearing, at which point the viewers would see the Secretary of State bound and gagged, half-conscious, sitting on the stump, with the goblet on her lap. Cassandra cooed, "Now, you just stand here and make sure you get my good side, and I won't kill you." She strolled gracefully across the clearing and took a spot behind the Secretary of State, a crazed gleam in her eyes.

The camera shook, flashing from a view of the peculiar green woman who seemed to be tying branches in knots, then to the odd man with a pair of ram horns, whose lower half was covered in thick, matted fur, capped off in oddity only by his hooves. He sported a rather stylish goatee, though.

The camera flashed back to Cassandra and she laughed. "Are we on air?" Cassandra's grin widened as she mused, "Good."

Edited by Rumbleroar, 17 January 2012 - 01:06 PM.

#10 Xanius

Xanius

The Omega

• Emperor
  • 3,525 posts
  • Awakening

User's Awards

Posted 17 January 2012 - 02:09 PM

Overload would jump straight into action. He would do his best to hold off the foes while the humans would be able to escape harm. He would turn to see who all was there and who all was engaging who. He noticed that Bloodhound and Guardian were taking on a rather large man, he seemed to be one that wouldn't go down so easily. He then turned to see Torch and Allegro fighting the other foe. Overload would assume the two of them would be enough to tackle that opponent. A teacher and student together should be able to handle him. Overload would rush to the side of Bloodhound and Guardian now. He would fire a powered shockwave with both of his hands towards Rook gut, if it hit him directly it would knock his back a fair bit, if it grazed him it would do little more then cause him to become slightly off balanced. "This is one hell of a thing to have happen. We make forward progress with Humans and Mutants co-existing and these guys have to cause a scene and screw things up. We're trying to make the world a better place! That's what Damian is trying to do for all of us!"

Overload would stand with his partners ready for whatever the man would throw at them next. He would think of releasing his restraints already to quell this mans forward progress but he didn't want to be too hasty. The three of them should be able to hold him back even if for only a short time. If things got dangerous he would release one of his restraints giving him a surge of power coursing through his body.

Omega_Xanius.png

17ddgi.png

#11 Guest_Griever_*

Guest_Griever_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 January 2012 - 04:21 PM

Watching his pupils take on the Rock mutant he knew he was going to have to teach them a thing or 2 when he got back, and was more worried about Bloodhound than anything. In most other situations he would be helping the students, but considering the people in danger, the headmaster and the other student Torch, he knew Guardian and Overload wouldn't let Bloodhound get severely injured (hopefully not at all). Feeling the enemy through the orange the area, he felt something strike through but the minute he felt it, there was a loud crack. A bolt of lightning crashed right next to him giving him a natural pause. It wasn't the lightning that shocked him but more of the debris it had caused. That stuff getting into an instrument was a horrible prospect. The good thing about his ability was music took more than just a pause or a full measure to completely end, and would start back up and be back to pure madness within seconds of resuming. The flute ended up leaving his lips, and with barely a beat and a half of pause, he continued in a hum The flute went directly into his pocket. Music was always changing and with music it' never set in stone, every little thing in any composition had the ability to be played differently and tweaked.

The Wasp was already upon him and closed the distance in no time. The Wasp was fast in the air and in his descent Allegro put earphones up to his ears with no music on. Allegro continued to hum the music and even tho he was humming and the energy was starting to wave and whip there were no attacks. Allegro easily dodged the attack with a break-dancing back handspring and thrust kick to what would be either his arm that may have been outstretched, or his torso if he didn't outright stop his course the minute he missed. Allegro would roll off to the side connecting hit or not and put his flute back to his mouth in mid hum and immediately went to his song. If the Wasp was still semi close to him the enemy might be in trouble.

Allegro immediately resume the attack. The difference would be it would be more outpouring then before. The song may have continued with no attacks, but the energy was whipping fiercer then before while the song was continuing. A maelstrom of musical energy started to whip about fiercely and quickly, as Allegro dove deep into the music and became one with the music. The musical whips made sort of a * at one point and slashed through the air all at one point toward the wasp, immediately resuming their storm towards him. The ripples were shooting at what seemed like machine gun rate toward the enemy. The attack would be in a full crazy storm, as Allegro continued to dive deep into the music playing incredibly and with ear inspiring rises and falls and seemingly created dissonance, minors with resolution and even tension. Within the sounds of the amphitheater.

Allegro would keep up this musical pace against the wasp. Allegro could do whole entire concerts, he doubted the Wasp had that type of stamina, and was ready (if the wasp could continue) for his next onset of assaults.

#12 Dexel Hydagara

Dexel Hydagara

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,310 posts
  • Arcade Adept

Posted 17 January 2012 - 04:49 PM

Bloodhound bared his teeth at noticing Guardian's attack probably not going as planned and at his sword cracking. Not good - this man's skin really was as tough as it looked. He was too distracted by the condition of his sword and couldn't react in time to avoid Rook's swing - he moved a bit, but it connected and sent him flying off a few feet, and Gemini groaned in pain as he fell to the ground in a heap before coughing a little as he got to his feet. He held a hand to his side, and to his relief, nothing felt broken. Hadn't heard any untrustworthy cracks, either. Bloodhound kept his distance and looked at Overload as he also attacked Rook and said a few lines.

"Aye, this is a bit of a shame, ain't it? Ah well, that's why we're here, after all. I think Damien was wishing this would go smoothly, but you never can be too sure. Hope you guys don't mind me hanging back here a bit, seems this one's a bit hard for me to take head-on..." Gemini furrowed his brow, and looked over Rook's features, trying to find a weak point. He didn't find it likely he'd find anything, but judging from the last attack, he wouldn't do much good just blindly attacking, unless "good" was getting his weapon along with his ribs broken for sure. He bit his cheek gently in thought, and simply let blood ooze from his torso and arms.

For now, he'd merely play it defensive, and formed a shield about two feet tall and a foot wide from his blood this time before again stopping the flow. This creation, however, he did not crystallize: instead he kept it as a liquid. Bloodhound would continue to observe his opponent in hopes of finding a weakness, but first and foremostly kept his mind on the shield, ready to move it to intercept one of Rook's blows if Guardian or Overload were about to be treated to one.

2j87ib.jpg

#13 Valor

Valor

Valorous

• Monarch
  • 3,874 posts
  • This is My Design

User's Awards

Posted 17 January 2012 - 05:08 PM

Orias blinked as he watched the boy tumble over himself and sob quietly into the carpet. Kind of embarrassing. He watched as the purple woman's face came into view once more. He wondered why the feed hadn't been cut yet, but he decided that was hardly an issue. Finding out that the Secretary of State was trapped in the woods with a couple of bad looking people.

It was pretty unlikely, he figured, that Master Damian would know about this. Then again, the group probably already had their hands full. He looked over to Professor Strong. Normally he wasn't very assertive, but this was hardly a time to be coy.

"Should we go?"
he wondered aloud.

He was apprehensive. The forest looked... very... not familiar. He couldn't be sure of exactly where they were. Even if he knew the forest, he had no clue what part of it they were in. Besides, taking her to such an open area was either incredibly stupid, or part of their plan. Clearly they wanted her location known, Orias thought quietly.

It was a clear trap. He knew he didn't have to tell the teacher that. She was a lot smarter than he was. She would know what to do.

#14 Kingroy

Kingroy

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 05:08 PM

Leo trembled from the blow but this wasn't enough to deter him. He clenched his teeth and began to make growls much a kin to a beast. He picked his strength back up and summoned another swing but this time to the neck area. The sword was long enough to cut him if he side stepped in the other direction to attempt to avoid it.

[Today 07:02 PM] Kingroy: <.<
[Today 07:02 PM] Crimson Jazz: I know right!?!
[Today 07:02 PM] Kingroy: >.>
[Today 07:02 PM] Tengo Cash: Beiber is the man

Screw You ↑ You ↖ You ↗ You ↙ You → You ↓ You ↩ You ↪ You ↬ You ↫ You ↪ You ↩ You ↲ You ↯ You ↱ You ↰ You ↷ You ↳ You ↶ You ↴ You ↵ & You ↺

#15 Secret Igshar

Secret Igshar

Pwner of Noobs

• Monarch
  • 3,796 posts
  • your worst nightmare

User's Awards

Posted 17 January 2012 - 05:25 PM

[ OVERLOAD | BLOODHOUND | GUARDIAN ]

Rook, busy with smacking Bloodhound away, did not have time to respond, or even brace himself for Overload's attack. The blast staggered him back a step, and left a visible ripple in his chest where the blast had shifted the stone. As Guardian's sword left the wound, Rook took another step back, touching the side of his foot to a large bit of rubble from the explosion. The chunk of rubble seemed to decrease in size as his arm repaired itself. He clenched his fist as the blade again swung, this time horizontally.

He pivoted on his front foot, taking a step closer to Guardian while raising his left arm in a diagonal fashion, to guide the blade. It transformed into a straight blade, and Guardian's sword skidded across the back of his arm, cleaving off a nice, thin sheet of stone. The blade was guided up, over Rook's head. It managed to only cut off one of the edges of Rook's parapets.

His eye twitched and he followed up his block with a quick, powerful stab aimed at Guardian's stomach with his right blade, followed by a downward diagonal slash with his left in "quick" succession once Guardian's blade followed through and over Rook's head. The motion would be natural from the position of his hand before then. These two blows, following the one earlier, should leave Guardian's armor in a poor state, on the verge of breaking. If he were to continue his offense without a mind for defense, the next attack would likely break through and could cause significant harm to his physical body.

Should Bloodhound attempt to stop the stab from the right, the blow would likely only be cushioned, rather than stopped, as the force of his punch would be enough to break through Bloodhound's shields.

After the counter, Rook's crown would fix itself as he chuckled, finally reacting to Overload's comment when he arrived at the battle.

#16 Epic

Epic

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,196 posts
  • I'M BACK BITCHES

Posted 17 January 2012 - 06:48 PM

[ GIGABYTE ]

Mr. Ripple sat in his cushioned armchair, stationed just beside Gigabyte's room's door, reading the newspaper. He mumbled and grumbled to himself, not paying much attention to anything else. Then he heard Gigabyte roar from within the room. He immediately slumped to his feet and waddled to the door, out of breath by the time he got there. A whole three feet of walking. Sheesh.

He rapped his grubby knuckles on the door and shouted,
"What are you doing in there, boy? You should be resting and reading those pamphlets I gave you yesterday! You know, the one titled "Humans and You: Why Humans are just as important as Mutants?" Come now, Jason, relax."

Jason heard Mr. Ripple on the other side of the door. He looked that way and growled. Jason found it annoying how he and the Headmaster were trying to "fix" him. Really, what needed fixing? Jason firmly believed he was normal in every way. Why fix something that isn't broken? If he could have his way, he would have killed Mr. Ripple long ago. But there is the matter of his ability to drench him in water; Jason didn't want to think about what would happen if he confronted Mr. Ripple and he decided to get him wet. He also liked Mr. Ripple's History class; it was his favorite subject, after all. But he still didn't like the professor. He let his upper lip quiver in anger for a moment before taking a deep breath and putting on a big smile. "I apologize, Mr. Ripple. I will read the pamphlet now." He frowned, but his voice held the same syrupy sweet tone. "And... thank you... for your concern." Jason removed the gauntlets and laid them on a nearby desk, sitting in his chair and picking up the pamphlet. He scoffed before opening up the piece of paper and reading.

hitchens-1949-2011-by-Gasper-Tringale.jp

“Take the risk of thinking for yourself. Much more happiness, truth, beauty, and wisdom will come to you that way. I promise."

- Christopher Hitchens

#17 Blade

Blade

Administrator

• Monarch
  • 163 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 07:50 PM

Sebastian turned to face a bug like mutant who just attempted to sting him, He looked over to the closest mutant around him which happened to be Allegro. " Get your shit together and let's finish this " Sebastian looked around to see what was going on, everybody seemed busy with their own problems.

Sebastian once again turned his head toward Allegro who looked like he was at a concert, whatever he was doing looked like it was distracting the bug.

Sebastian looked up at the bug and immediately powered up two fireballs in each hand, And with enough force he threw both fireballs up, hoping at least one of them would hit the bug, causing enough damage to knock him down.

#18 The Dream

The Dream

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,967 posts
  • ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Posted 17 January 2012 - 08:40 PM

Penelope looked at the young student that fell onto the floor. She sighed and brought her hand to her face, unamused at the clumsiness of the students. Peneople turned to the television as it switched on again. The woman with the purple skin appearing while the Secretary of State was sitting on a tree stump with some sort of goblet in her hands.

"Shit, this is not good" she cursed under her breath, quietly enough so that none of the students could hear her. She then turned to a student, Brimstone, that spoke aloud, asking they should go to the Secretaries aid. Penelope sighed and looked at the television screen. she herself wasn't too sure if they should go or not. Everyone else on the team that was there were already occupied. Even if they did go, there had to be a very inconvenient reason why they were broadcasting everything in the forest live, well, inconvenient to anyone that went after them. They could try and stop them, but then they could be heading straight into a trap. If they stood back, the mutants could be blamed 100% for the death of the Secretary. Why? Because mutants would've killed her, and also because the other mutants were not able to show any effort acceptable to humans in saving her. It would fuel the hatred for mutants among humans.

Penelope thought about their plan of action, still unsure with what they should do. When she was done she turned to Brimstone again and sighed. "I'm not sure if it would be wise to go after them but if we don't then the Secretary will possibly die and the mutants will the number one target among all humans. Everything that the conference was about would be ripped apart. We must do something" she looked at the television's screen again and then started to speak again. "We don't have to run straight into the hornets nest. We'll use some tactics. Maybe separate and attack them from different angles. There's three of them though, it'll be suicide if we go in there while we're outnumbered. We'll need someone to accompany us. Quick, you know anyone we can take with us? If not we'll have to quickly suit up and move immediately" she turned to Brimstone again, waiting for his response.

She knew they had to something, otherwise the decision to sit around and do nothing will be very regretful.

TheDreamEX.png

tumblr_n6lpksz2V81sfgfh0o1_500.gif

Gif not by me

A little one

#19 Secret Igshar

Secret Igshar

Pwner of Noobs

• Monarch
  • 3,796 posts
  • your worst nightmare

User's Awards

Posted 17 January 2012 - 09:38 PM

[ BRIMSTONE | STRONG ]

Robert listened to the teacher explain the predicament as he picked himself up off the floor. He pressed a finger to his chin and mused, "Well, you could take me, but I doubt I'd be of any help..." He scratched his head and shouted, "Jason! He's still here! Prof Jackson wanted to leave him behind! I'm sure he'd love to go help!" He looked to Brimstone and rubbed his chin again, "But you can only teleport one person at a time... Hm..." He waddled back over to the couch. He tripped over the popcorn bowl on the floor, but rescued himself this time, sticking the landing perfectly on the couch. To anyone who didn't know him well, it would have looked like he did that on purpose. He rubbed his chin and scratched his head, "I wonder why she chose to set this up in Central Park, though. It's the middle of the day, won't she get seen?" He then tried to salvage the bowl of popcorn from the floor.

If Strong explained the situation to Mr. Ripple downstairs, he would be more than willing to let Jason out to help, if he would be intending to help. He would also give her a sizable jar of his sweat, for use as a backup measure, in case Jason [Gigabyte] turned hostile.

[ ALLEGRO | TORCH ]

Wasp had missed Allegro, that much was unfortunate, and his stinger hurled at Torch burned up before it even got there. He swore under his breath. Then he got hit dead on by a rather powerful blow which could only have been from the music. He tumbled through the air, struggling to keep upright. "Shit shit shit shit!"

Then a pair of fireballs raced toward him. He managed to flit out of the way of one of them, only to be slammed in the chest by the other. "Hot hot hot hot!!" He staggered back and dropped a foot in the air. He buzzed feebly and shouted,
"It'll take a lot more than that to bee-t me!" He was lying. He was clearly on his last legs. Dammit, he thought, What the hell's taking Pat so long?

Patrick was late. He was always late. He probably wouldn't show before Wasp went down at this rate.

[ EVERYONE ]

Cassandra slapped the Secretary twice to wake her up. Her groggy eyes looked to the camera. She didn't shed a tear.

Cassandra lifted the goblet from the woman's lap and held it before her face, turning it over in her hand, as if examining it. She cleared her throat and announced in a crisp alto, "This woman shall be but the first of many of you lesser creatures who shall be slain in pursuit of our goals. Pursuit of the goals of Mutantkind everywhere." She grinned and said, "To any Mutants watching who immediately doubted me, search deep down. You know it to be true. We, Mutants, should rule over these pitiful excuses for organisms. They are squishy, weak..." She ran a nail along the Secretary's forearm, drawing a long line of blood. The Secretary huffed and hunkered down, but she did not scream, nor did she show any modicum of fear. When it finished, she stared straight back into the camera with a hauntingly fixed stare. Cassandra sneered. "Pitiful creatures, truly."

Cassandra drew her dagger from within her dress and cooed, "Her blood shall begin the covenant..." She crouched and licked the blood from the woman's arm before standing up behind her, wrapping her long fingers around the shoulders of her victim once more.

Despite all attempts by the station to shut down the live video, it would still stream through to all major news stations, interrupting any programs already in progress. The Mutants at the Academy would certainly not notice this, but normal families around the world undoubtedly would.

Edited by Rumbleroar, 17 January 2012 - 11:11 PM.

#20 Dexel Hydagara

Dexel Hydagara

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,310 posts
  • Arcade Adept

Posted 17 January 2012 - 09:38 PM

Bloodhound saw Rook parry Guardian's blade, at right at that moment sent the shield over to Guardian. As Rook moved his right blade to stab at his ally's stomach, the shield moved in front to take the brunt of the blow instead. He doubted it would stop the attack, but cushioning the blow was the least he could do. His efforts at looking for a weakness also seemed to perhaps pay off, as there was a visible ripple in Rook's chest.

"Hmm hmm...nice work." Bloodhound smiled at Overload, then let go of his sword that he had managed to keep a grip on despite his earlier injury. The sword seemed to hover for a moment, then sped off towards Rook. If the longsword reached its target whole, Bloodhound would have it make a diagonal slash at the villian's chest. On the other hand, should Rook break it, Gemini would shrug and just send broken shards at his chest.

Edited by Dexel, 17 January 2012 - 11:00 PM.

2j87ib.jpg